[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does quantum immortality imply the existence of the soul?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 9

does quantum immortality imply the existence of the soul?
>>
>>18276137

No
>>
>>18276138
why not?
>>
>>18276145

For the same reason distance between planetary bodies doesn't imply the existence of ether. It's a superfluous hypothesis.
>>
>>18276137
No

stop using quantum mechanics, which you barely understand, to justify any stupid pseudoscience you please
>>
>>18276162
>>18276172
I dont understand. thats why Im asking about it, retards
>>
I suggest picking up a book on quantum mechanics if you don't understand. NOTHING in quantum mechanics suggests the existence of a soul or a higher consciousness. This is a hypothesis, probably made up by some dope who self-taught himself calculus but has a vague grasp on real physics. Though in subjects like this, where someone wants to prove the existence of the soul, math is hardly used. Imagine that. One can't give this hypothesis any connection to reality.
>>
You can't math your way into proving anything metaphysical on this planet. The soul is eternal, our consciousness on this planet is partly a result of programming. The brain and body are programs, machines. http://wespenre.com/exploring-the-unum.htm Info about the universe and its structure on metaphysical levels.
>>
>>18276137
You will never escape your rectal prolapse no matter what.
>>
>>18276137
wat
>>
>>18276137
The many worlds theory simply says, adding to the fact particles only exist as clouds of possibilities, that each one of those possibilities must happen, otherwise they are just the opposite; an impossibility. For those possibilities to happen, you would need to be observing them, and you can't observe the outcome if you're dead. This is where the quantum immortality representation kicks in, it states that to observe all paths leading to your death, a point of non observation, you would have to first observe all possible outcomes or deaths for all possible situations. A result of this is never dying because all outcomes are exponentially infinite, each new outcome has infinitely more and so on; leading to the immortality. The "soul" however is a metaphysical representation of human experience, or all experiences leading up to the moment of death. I can see why you've come to your conclusion, but it is simply not the case.
>>
>>18276207
Perhaps you should explain why you think it does? This is like if I said that the existence of Tylenol proves the existence of the Loch Ness monsters: it's unrelated.
>>
Almost completely unrelated but I just watched Dr. Strange (its showing now in Asia) and I promise /x/ you will love it.
>>
>>18277098
One of the things I loved about living in Asia was how I got to see all the movies ahead of time and get a false sense of superiority over my western friends.
>>
>Dark Matter
>Matter

Figure it out
>>
File: ab4s6dfu2ahw7f5.jpg (504KB, 2064x3072px) Image search: [Google]
ab4s6dfu2ahw7f5.jpg
504KB, 2064x3072px
>>18276137
Congrats OP you made a thread on /x/.
Oops OP you made a thread on /x/.
and then
You accidentally the whole thread.
>>
File: animoot_tusu.gif (37KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
animoot_tusu.gif
37KB, 460x460px
Anyways. Nobody in this thread has addressed your question yet.

The answer is "yes." If you accept quantum immortality as a premise, then it follows that that which does the shifting between timelines can be called a soul; an immortal, unique perspective with non-linear motion in 4 space/time dimensions, but linear motion in 5 dimensions, if the 5th dimension is probability.

This is why it is said that consciousness surpasses the speed of light. It can take non-linear trajectories, relative to 4 dimensional space/time.
>>
File: jco4d8hfu2ah8j4v.jpg (168KB, 2368x2400px) Image search: [Google]
jco4d8hfu2ah8j4v.jpg
168KB, 2368x2400px
>>18277666
>Word Salad.
> linear motion in 5 dimensions
> if the 5th dimension is probability.

let me repeat that
> if the 5th dimension is probability.
>>
File: animoot_sssss.gif (2MB, 495x592px) Image search: [Google]
animoot_sssss.gif
2MB, 495x592px
>>18277674
If calling the possibility of a 5th dimension causes your mind to return a jumble of random thoughts, this is an indication that you're not yet complete with formulating a geometry of a 4 dimensional space/time universe. Only when you can see chaos, where previously there was only random information, and create order from that chaos will your mind be capable of understanding the concept of probability as an orthogonal dimension to your current understanding of space/time. Carry on.
>>
>>18277772
Soooooo close
>>
>>18277781
dam mi timmad
a
m
m
i
t

i
m

m
a
d
>>
>>18277666
thanks deepak
>>
>>18277772
So cool
>>
>>18276137
It says nothing about the soul one war or the other.
>>
>>18280604
lololol rekt
>>
Entanglement physics suggests an increasing improbability of actual death in cybernetic cultures.
As in, all human cultures for thousands of years.
Yet it still comes, like the void, or white noise.
Are you scared?
>>
Their love will sour, and end!
>>
>>18282787
cream becomes sour cream
and sour cream is love
>>
File: 633.jpg (32KB, 553x600px) Image search: [Google]
633.jpg
32KB, 553x600px
Consciousness is a chemistry issue. Trees can probably think. The world is abstract and absurd as hell. Love the wackiness because it will not mistreat you.
>>
>>18276145
The surviving observer simply observes because they've survived (because probability), there's nothing to suggest the dead observer jumps into them if that's what you're thinking.
>>
>>18276137
The soul is the record of everything a person has ever said and done. The "self" is a construction based on our memory and interpretation of those actions. The soul exists because every word and action is recorded in the fabric of spacetime as a manifestation of the collapsing of every wave function that is a consequence of said words and actions from the observer outside of said spacetime which sees all points in spacetime at our present moment as an Aleph Null of all possible manifestations of all wave functions in a superpositional state. So, like yes and no. There is no soul that is separate from your body, but there is also no "self" that exists outside of your memory, which is not only unreliable but a constant co-creation of your present interpretation as filtered by your interaction with others' perspectives.
>>
>>18276137
Absolutely in fact the higher on the spritual path your collective is, the more things change. Time is relevant to a few densities and corisponding octives, you me and all will eventually reach a place/dimention/vibratory rate in which space time has no boundries or effects, look into the law of one my brother l, love and light be with you all.
>>
File: k,MzU1OTExODEsMzA1NTA4,f,013.jpg (58KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
k,MzU1OTExODEsMzA1NTA4,f,013.jpg
58KB, 600x420px
>>18276207
We dont understand you either.

I dont understand your fuckin question. You dont understand it. You wouldnt even understand the answer. Youre not qualified enough. We arent. You probably study fucking psychology and consider yourself a scientist. Fuck your mindless epiphanies, sage'd
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.