[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do super powers exist? What are gods?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

File: kekkery.jpg (49KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
kekkery.jpg
49KB, 660x371px
Is there a set of tiers such as Mortal and Immortal?

What is the strongest power a mortal human can attain? Do the myths such as achilles hold any water?

What is a god? And what do gods answer to?
>>
Yea, dunno, no and everything
>>
Is OP trying to go super saiyan?
>>
>>18276029

No I gave up on that and flying when I was a little boy.

But I have heard there are ways to focus the body's energy and produce tangible results. Such as the monk who can produce a very high temperature with his hands.

Things like that.
>>
Bruce Lee was able to do incredible things with his body, as a result of hard work and training. None of that faggot vudu spirit shit.

Some monks can do equally impressive things as far as we know.
>>
>>18276050

I suppose that answer is sufficient. Thanks anon.
>>
>>18276003
>What is the strongest power a mortal human can attain?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVnq4STG4mI
>>
I was once friends with a guy who could use mind control. Its really hard to explain but it was basically mind control. People will just say he was a great salesman but things i saw him do were unnatural.
>>
>>18276037
You've answered your questions on your own OP.

Incredible power can be obtained by human beings, that is very realistic and possible training and dedication. Or in a less literal sense, power can be obtained with spiritualism, like you mentioned with monks.

You should focus on these obtainable strengths and abilities instead of godly equivalents to them.

If you do that, you may be able to answer such questions on your own.
>>
>>18276060
I forget the exact name of the place, but there's a supposed hidden place in east Asia where the people there practice powers like shape shifting, invisibility, and other shit. There's no cameras allowed their though.
>>
>>18276064
Ok go on?
>>
>>18276065
>You should focus on these obtainable strengths and abilities instead of godly equivalents to them.

That's about as much as I figured.

>>18276067
How convenient.
>>
>>18276067
You are probably taking about Zomia.
>>
Men are mortal, but the soul is eternal.
The body can gain strength, the soul can ascend.
God is what you call God. God answers to none.
>>
>>18276080
There was this day where i was getting really frustrated because i couldnt make a sale. I told him and he brought me with him.

This polish couple open the door and say they dont give out bank details. He got us into the house. Then when we were at the table he told them to make us an expresso and with extra sugar. Was completely bossing them around in their own home.

My mouth was agape watching it. He saw me and started to laugh then turned to the couple and actually said that i had no idea how he was doing what he was doing. They all started to laugh and then proceeded to fill out the form.

After we left i just stopped walking in complete shock at what i had witnessed and he said "you wanted me to show you how to take control, i showed you". Then kept laughing after watching me.

I went over it in my head for weeks. I have seen him make sales with people who are basically like fuck off at the start and he doesn't do anything special. He says what everyone else said but for some reason people just did what he said.

It wasnt a confidence thing either. And he was foreign and people can be racist in the areas we worked but his law of average was like 1 in 2.

The funny thing is that in our next job together people always said how they didnt like him at the start but when i saw him in sales he was like professor X.

It actually rubbed off on me without me being aware. I manipulated and orchestrated quite a few things without realizing i was doing it. People do usually rub off on me though which is why i did everything i could to get close to him.

It backfired eventually though. Power is like fire and when you play with it you cant be surprised when you get burnt.

I have actually seen this things the past year that would shake you to your core. When it comes to trying to find the interesting parts of life, be careful what you wish for. Ill never be right again after this experience. I just want a normal job with a place. A simple life.
>>
>>18276124

Sheer force of will can accomplish a lot.
Your boss sounds smart.
>>
>>18276131
Oh that is something i definitely agree with but there was something more to it man.
>>
>>18276142

Why did his methods shake you to the core?

Did it seem like he was doing something demonic or unnatural?

What was the nature of his persuasion?
Did he hypnotize people or what? What in your opinion made his skill uncanny?
>>
>>18276124
please share some more of his techniques

the way you type makes it seem so cool!
>>
>>18276154
No it was nothing like that. He wasn't an evil man. I knew that straight away. He was just... different. It shook me to the core because i just couldn't understand it. I thought he was gonna be really funny or say something amazing but it was nothing special. Completely simple in nature and yet it opened almost any door he wanted.

He came across like a figure of authority. Stiff standing. Controlled movements but we were just salesmen. It was uncanny because it was no different than most of the others and yet it worked like a charm. You could say the exact same thing as him. Do it in the same way and it wouldnt work.

>>18276160
Well he was a buddhist. Very good at letting things go. He would get angry and give out like we all do but he could genuinely let go. He could sleep at any given time. Very good at clearing his head even with a lot of stress.
>>
>>18276178
what did he say to get into the door ?
>>
>>18276154
Oh and it wasn't him that shook me to the core. It was another man who came into my life but only did so because of my experience with the salesman. The things he did... were basically like fucking magic. I cant even explain it.
>>
>>18276063
Kek'd hard thank you anon
>>
>>18276184
>>
File: 220px-Nafija55.jpg (9KB, 220x153px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Nafija55.jpg
9KB, 220x153px
Think of it like one of those old Macintosh computers, where the tower (control system) is part of the monitor. The screen (the observable, seeable, hearable) part is the part we can perceive. Aside from it, is the control system, that which the screen may not understand or have the ability to manipulate. However, if the pixels created by the control system had complex sentience and were able to understand, even manipulate, this control system, perhaps they could write their own programming. In the case of human relation to divinity (Oneness), perhaps we could alter or augment our own reality. I don't feel as if we have a deep enough understanding yet, though maybe some do...

I use the Mac computers as an example for two reasons. One, the tower is not separate from the screen, and two, it kind of looks like a pyramid.
>>
>>18276206
i think i understand

sounds like some quantum mechanics law of attraction stuff
>>
>>18276194

No problemo.
>>
>>18276218
don't use buzzwords, they're bad for you
>>
>>18276037
>I have heard there are ways to focus the body's energy and produce tangible results.

There are, and they've been demonstrated many times before. But it's not even remote close to what a saiyan could do. lol

Still, these monks that are able to attain such abilities did so with extreme effort in training. It requires a lifestyle built entirely around developing these skills.

In some other dimension or maybe just somewhere out in the universe, the things saiyans could do might be possible. But we live in a very dense dimension, which means slow and trudging progress. So we have weak bodies and constitutions, short lives, and we have to really work hard for just to stay alive. The density of this plane is representative with how much we identify and believe in matter.

Yeah, Achilles could have been a real person. I think back in those days materialism wasn't quite set in stone yet, so people were more easily able to believe in the supernatural. And belief is what opens the avenues for the density of this plane to diminish somewhat. And so yeah, there could have been people who were superhuman in that time period.

Nowadays, materialism has set in. We're so deeply embedded in this world view, so naturally we ignore and discount anything supernatural. So in order to achieve skills like this, more work has to be put on removing those barriers of belief that keep you from seeing that this is possible.

>What is a god?

A god is just someone who has understands the nature of consciousness. That the universe is consciousness and vice-versa. To the extent that they understand this is the extent that they are able to utilize the power of consciousness which is unlimited. Because consciousness creates the dream of life, so it has unlimited power.

I like the saying, "you are god to the extent that you know god".
>>
>And what do gods answer to?

No one. Themselves. Other gods. It gets tricky because God does exist but not separate from you or anyone. In a sense, God is fully-realized fully living in perfection. And in another sense, God is you in your limited ignorant human form. And God is all the other lesser gods. Again, to the extent that they really understand this is the measure of their power. But the more you grow in power, the less you see yourself as a separate entity from everything else. So growing in power also means merging in God as God.

But there are perhaps other universes, worlds, in which their play or their drama is about living with powers akin to saiyans or kryptonians. It doesn't mean they're any more god-realized than the regular human being, but that is just the current play that is happening for those beings.

So if you can't do it in this life, you can hope you are born as a being like a saiyan if you really want to play with that kind of power. But power is relative because Saiyans have a lot of destructive power on a material level, but what about spiritual power? If you can, with your mind, appear to other beings from the other side of the galaxy and interact with them, what would be the use of pure brute speed of flight? What would be the point of being able to destroy worlds anyway?

So there arer many types of powers, probably infinite forms.

But this plane we live on has laws and rules. You can break them if you can break your belief in the reality of it. But most likely you can't, so you're stuck with following the rules.

One of the options your left with then is to follow the monks who've found ways to work the rules to gain power.
>>
>>18276003
In a sense there is tiers of gods. But you can look look at them as the aspects of the universe, such as differing laws of physics, or even celestial objects. Myths I can not say, but I believe there were figures such as gods.
As for the power a mortal can attain. Essentially infinite, but only through evolution, and an equally infinite time. In a lifespan mortals can achieve more than your led to believe. Through increasing your bodies potential and training your mind to understand and utilise metabolic function you can easily produce measurable electric displacement.
>>
>>18276003
You are retarded.

Gods don't answer to anyone.
>>
>>18276067
No fucking shit.
>>
>>18276088
> being retarded.

How convenient.
>>
>>18277188
That's a no.
>>
>>18276182
Nothing unique. He would just pitch them like everyone else did. It was interesting at how quickly he could figure out what angle to on though. What part of the product to focus on.
He would would use an old tactic of "would you like me to take my shoes off before i come in". You would be surprised at how often that can work with some salespeople but like i said it was just the whole experience. Anyone could do and say what he did but it just worked for him.

>>18276197
Well after learning how to do what he did, i sort of tried to use it for good. Long story short, i helped this girl going through a tough time but when people realized just how sly what i did was, it got a serious amount of attention.

Another gay man heard about me but he turned out to be very dark. I usually like dark people but this was too much. He did really shitty things and managed to get everyone on his side and turned me into a pariah. Hacked into my phone and laptop. Monitored me completely with a surprising amount of people helping him.

Google gangstalking. That was bascially what happened but how quicky it was orchestrated and how efficiently it was done was just surreal.

There were a few things that happened though. Like this thing that happened with dogs. The amount of people involved and how tight lipped they all were. There were a lot of things that happened. Too much to write out but i can guarantee you there is something out there pulling strings in a way that you wouldnt believe.

I am just gonna live the rest of myself telling myself that i'm paranoid schizophrenic because thats just an easier explanation for it all.

Its interesting. I spent my life hoping there was something more. Something mystical and i regret it more than anything. Because it isnt what you think its going to be. It isnt what you see in the movies where if you have good intentions it will all work out.

Its cold and its heartless. If you dont conform, they will chew you up and spit you out.
>>
File: anime_dance_st.gif (1009KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
anime_dance_st.gif
1009KB, 500x281px
>>18276064
>>18276124
>>18278362
Aye. I'm familiar with the effect you're talking about. I met a man like that once. He was in the process of teaching me, mostly through metaphor. But at the point when the metaphors started turning biblical, I dropped my attention. I already know how that story ends.

I developed my own twist on his technique, more about ordering the environment in a certain way to set up subconscious cues, whereas his relied heavily on the predictable effects of substances. But either way, it was the same overall concept--if you know what a person will do before they do it, then you can move them as easily as one moves their own body.

Still. It was neat to learn the mechanics of consciousness. I have been developing a way to use the knowledge I've learned, without stamping on anybody's free will, and for a use that is neither really good, nor bad, but just harmlessly fun. Without giving it a way, it has to do with choreography, and training dancers to be more in synch with each other.
>>
>>18278437
That is a safe option. Your just managing something artistic and trying to improve upon it. I interfered with a person's life. Many peoples' lives actually. I helped write the next chapters in their lives but i paid for it. Dearly.

I have had a tough life. A lot of abuse and drama in it but the past year has been hell. Emotionally, psychologically, and physically. I essentially became a cripple.

Just be careful what you do with what you know. I have to give it to the man who taught me. He was content with a simple life. I wanted more. I wanted everything. Now i want nothing. I completely get why he was the way he was.

Power is corrupting. Its like a poison to the ego. It is so dangerous. Not just for what it does to others around you but what it does to you.

With great power comes great responsibility right.
>>
I'm a firm believer in karma, but not in the usual sense. For all good there is equal bad and vis versa, but on a universal scale (or perhaps species specific, etc). Even if you do good things all your life, bad things may come at you all the time, while some evil vicious person is winning the lottery to balance it.

My life has been a fairly large tail of negative experiences one after another. In the earlier years this caused me to not be the greatest of people, honestly a pretty bad person. But as I grew and matured I started trying to be overall "good". Now, at the age of 29, I try to be the best person I can be and do good/right things in any circumstance happen upon, but the world still shits on me every chance it gets.

Literally everyone that knows me on a personal level will acknowledge "I've never seen someone with worse luck than you, anon."

With that said, those same people will also acknowledge that I can seemingly force crazy good things to happen. This started around the time I tried to become "good" years ago. I started reading on law of attraction, "controlling your perception of reality" etc, and try to force my inner self to think about/want/ask for/force "good things around me", and sometimes it seems to fester into seemingly odd positive results.

One of the things I do is visualize and focus on what i want while going to sleep, and I will repeat this effort for as long as I can remember to.

I can't claim that I know exactly what I'm doing or am any type of expert or if this is even valid, but it sure feels like I sometimes have an effect on things that happen.

alternate story: as a child I discovered I had a weird ability. I could think about an episode of The Simpsons, and within a week or two it would air.

lil bro witnessed it many times, even commenting "that's so weird anon you were just talking about this episode the other day" so I'm not just imagining it.
>>
>>18276037
I am rubbing my hand right now. I feel warmth. Am I by any chance a powerful being?
Oh wait, if I breath out while my mound is wide open I can feel warmth, too. This definitely has to mean something.
I think I am a natural.
>>
>>18278930
*mouth
>>
It's real anon. Though it's effect's can be dangerous. Observe exhibit A
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z6KOJpRxtnM
>>
gods are ascended beings who reached the 12th dimension of consciousness.
the strongest power a mortal can have is to tap into the earths consciousness grid. earth's hard drive.
or to control all 72 demons of hell
or master alchemist
>>
>>18278930
mound sounds better.
>>
>>18276003
Nothing exists. Eveything is false. You aren't real, and neither am I.
>>
>>18276003
We are gods to ants. It's all a matter of perspective.
>>
>>18277178
And what would it take for us to make the world we live in less dense?
>>
>>18278953
Elaborate on all three of these
>>
>>18276003
Yes.
A mortal human can attain the power to continue post-death in cybernesis -- 'transcendence'.
Gods are cybernetic recurrences that pervade cultures past and thus present -- their intent is to do such in all possible futures.
Gods long to be what they have lost.
Mortals long to be what they cannot be.
At the point where you become the paradox, you see the apex of all there is for what there is left to experience with or without a cohesive future, present, or past.
>>
>>18276050
>Bruce Lee was able to do incredible things with his body
such as? and please tell me something other than the one-inch punch story
>>
>>18276124
>I just want a normal job with a place. A simple life.
TRADE WITH ME

I hate people who have paranormal experiences all the time and they don't care about them. I've been trying to see or hear anything for so many years without any luck
>>
>>18276050

Bruce Lee became super fucking spiritual after he almost broke his back.
>>
>>18276065
Lmao.. U sound like splinter from ninja turtles in mmy head!!
>>
>do superpowers exist?
Theres a nigga in tibet on a mountain right now throwing a fireball or some shit. so yes.
>>
>>18276063
tippy top kek imagine if aliens invaded us and this were their only weakness
>>
>>18276003
your thinking about it all wrong . as you pic indicates your thinking in dbz terms. strongest... yea think more in terms of abnormal and normal

lots of things people dont think they can do they can do including random astral shit they dont even realize they do all the time

then you got the freaks. absorbers , copycats they can give any one a run for their money
>>
>>18276003
Probably the most realistic and most useful 'superpower' is understanding how humans think and adding in a touch of manipulation to every situation for your own gains. Very few people understand what they want in a given situation and it's mostly men(surprise, bitches never know what they want... duh) so you're free to basically plant ideas at will and make them do things they'd probably never think of doing by themselves. The 'love' game is a good example, it's all about making a woman believe that it's not her fault and things 'just happened' on their own, if you give a woman control over the situation, she won't know what to do with it, feel pressured and back the fuck off, but if you ease her into it, while maintaining full control, you can make her do anything. That's about as close as you get to mind control, without actually wasting effort in developing the actual ability, just exploiting the overwhelming amount of loopholes in people's thinking.
>>
>>18276050
>drinking the Bruce Lee cool aid
His feats are either:
-not that impressive
-impressive but doable
-done with no cameras around but his family and friends swear on it, and would you like to buy some Bruce Lee merchandise?
>>
>>18276003
The day you can have a bunch of people killing a bunch of other people in your name even tho you never said anything about killing anyone
>>
>>18282959
How are you so sure
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.