[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Día de Los Muertos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_2415.jpg (189KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2415.jpg
189KB, 640x640px
In my Mexican culture we set up special altars for the dead October 31 - November 1-2. We offer food for the dead and say some prayers for them. Before the altar is setup, the ancestors make themselves known by opening cabinets or moving stuff around. I'm not afraid of them and usually tell them that their food will soon be ready.
>>
fuck off juanito and build that wall
>>
>>18275851
go back to your containment board /pol/
>>
Wanna do my Day of the Dead Spanish project for me?
>>
>>18275828
Normal day
"Whoops, left the cabinet open"
"Carlos, stop leaving the chair out when you're like this"
"Fucking kids left the door open again"

Oct 31~Nov 2
"MI PAPA IS HERE FOR US!"

Still a nice thought though.
>>
>>18275880
/x/ was a containment board first
>>
As a mexican living in mexico I hate it when they call it "día de los muertos" instead of "día de muertos" (day of dead [people]). I get why they do it but it makes me aware of the name going through the english language and back into spanish. If you want to click in with mexican people when you're over here, call it día de muertos. They will appreciate it subconscoiusly.
>>
>>18276126
>>18275880
Haha, 4chan is a [[[containment site]]] where a troll can be a troll, far far away from Facebook & YouTube
>>
Dirty tradition for stupid people
>>
File: the cup of deepness.png (122KB, 596x556px) Image search: [Google]
the cup of deepness.png
122KB, 596x556px
>>18276171
post of the day
>>
>>18276168
De que parte de México eres?
Yo soy de la huasteca.
>>
>>18276375
Thank you.

I'd like to thank my mom & dad who rarely supported me, my employer who drove me to drinking, and Milwaukee's Beast Ice for making me uninhibited enough to share a futile thought with strangers.... and God for loving me anyway, or so I'm told.
>>
>>18276405
Huatulco, Oaxaca. Aquí nací pero soy hijo de chilangos, güerito.
>>
>>18276405
>Yo soy de la huasteca.
Wouldn't you omit the, "Yo?"

Isn't soy de la huasteca sufficient? Seriously asking.

t. Burgerlander who studied Spanish back in the day.
>>
where is my diva de los Muertos let me see her now
>>
>>18278068
Yes, you can omit the yo, but it really doesn't make a difference. Not even in spoken Spanish. I don't think anyone will care if you say the yo or omit it, and if they do, they are probably assholes anyway.
>>
Keep your Spirits up OP ;)
>>
>>18276107
What do you need nigga, I'm a Mexican with lots of time
>>
Hola soy mexicano
>>
File: i_would_like_to_thank.jpg (34KB, 606x602px) Image search: [Google]
i_would_like_to_thank.jpg
34KB, 606x602px
>>18276430
>>
>>18278877
build the wall.
>>
This is basically just a celebration of All Saints' Day and All Souls' Day; Mexico is a very Catholic country, and generally speaking Catholic countries are comfortable with death in a way that Protestant countries do not.

That said, sometimes Mexico does weird shit. I don't know what's going on with the Santa Muerte thing they're doing.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 173x283px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 173x283px
>>18279258
the religion of the native people mixing with catholic traditions, the only way to keep worship of the old gods alive
>>
>>18279276
So hard to reach the old gods now.
>>
Van a terminar pronto.
>>
>>18278068
"Soy de la Huasteca" fits more naturally as an answer if someone asks you "¿de dónde eres?/where are you from?". If you say it just because you want people to know where you were born, like my countryside folks, you would rather emphazise the "I", because why the hell not?.
It is really just usage of language.
>>
>>18279258
Ancient mexicans used to celebrate La Muerte Florida ("Flowery Death"or sumthing like it) about the time of the summer solstice. Then the spaniards decided it was ok to keep the tradition as long as it was moved to fall so it would check with the european habits
>>
>>18279258
it is not SM is Maccitehuatl/Mictlantecutli
>>
File: SIMh0MmQGstDXm5C.jpg (126KB, 377x480px) Image search: [Google]
SIMh0MmQGstDXm5C.jpg
126KB, 377x480px
>>18279555
witnessed
>>
>>18279546
Shes a mash up of the virgin mary and the skeleton waifu god of death
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.