[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today I was driving home after running away from my problems.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: hand-of-god.png (526KB, 1213x802px) Image search: [Google]
hand-of-god.png
526KB, 1213x802px
Today I was driving home after running away from my problems.

A man ran up to my car at a stop sign and practically begged me for a ride to the hospital downtown. He just got word that he was about to be a father and wanted to be there for the birth of his daughter. He was waiting at a bus stop for a bus that was 20 minutes late and he said everyone he had flagged down ignored him. He said if I didnt pick him up he was about to start sprinting towards the hospital which was miles away.

I picked him up and he started pouring out his worries. In the past year he has been abruptly forced into manhood. He is just 21 years old and moved to the state to take care of his sick grandmother after his father passed. He works a factory job to provide for his new family and wants to become carpenter so he can build something his daughter will be proud of. He wants nothing more than to be the best man he can possibly be. He was a black man that came from utter poverty. Most of the rest of his family and friends are caught in the cycles of violence, crime and poverty that plague so many black Americans. He went on to talk about how hard he has worked to overcome his struggles so that he can build a life for his family. He was sincerely distraught over the condition of today's youth. Too many fill the hole left by apathy and lack of ambition with addition, vanity and violence. He genuinely believed anybody can overcome anything to do whatever they put their minds to. He went on and on about his belief in the capacity for achievement that is inherent to all people.
>>
>>18273806

I dropped him off outside the emergency room, told him he will be a good father and wished him the best of luck. As I pulled away from the hospital I realized that I felt fundamentally different. In recent months I have been slowly thinking about spirituality again after abandoning it about 8 years ago. I had already rejected the mainstream atheist worldview and felt that there was "something more" but didn't really understand what that meant or felt like. But now I think I've felt the hand of God. I've struggled for years with many vices, mental illness, alcohol/drug abuse, and anger problems. Over the past few years I've sabotaged my own life and in the process alienated most friends and family. During the drive it was surreal how much it felt like he was speaking directly to things that have been on my mind the past few months. I suddenly felt inspired to make the changes I knew I had to make.
>>
>>18273809

Just this afternoon I was still running away from my problems but now feel a contentedness that I haven't felt since I was a carefree child. I don't know who or what "God" is but I can't help but feel that fate caused me to cross paths with this new father. Just before meeting him at the stop sign I had left class early because I felt an overwhelming urge to leave. When I picked him up he almost had tears in his eyes because he was so thankful that I didn't pass him by like every other driver. He desperately needed to be there for the birth of his daughter and I desperately needed his words of inspiration. He of course wasn't trying to inspire me, he was just venting his insecurities about the massive responsibilities he has at only 21 but nonetheless he still gave me a completely new perspective on life. One could of course chalk this all up to a coincidence but I actually feel like a completely different person after this encounter. Since dropping him off Ive had an urge to begin making amends with all the people I have wronged and disappointed over the years. I dont feel the weight of the world dragging me down into despair anymore and feel like I am free to build any life I want.

Is this what a religious experience feels like? Can anyone relate to this? I had vague ideas about spirituality before this but now have no doubt about the existence of some higher power that is fundamentally "good".
>>
File: 1389226645886.gif (2MB, 352x200px) Image search: [Google]
1389226645886.gif
2MB, 352x200px
Stop helping the NSA build a psychological profile on you.
>>
That sounds cool as hell
I havent had any divine life changing events like that
Goodluck
>>
Idk it could be a religious experience I suppose, however I am a deist and I don't believe God interferes in this world, and that he has Givin us free will, however I could be wrong. Things are what you make them though
>>
>>18273870
it was very cool. What made the experience feel divine was how it felt like what he was saying was specifically tailored to be heard by me. He verbalized a lot of my own thoughts and concerns about life and the world. I have a heard time believing anyone else in my city would have benefited from his perspective on life the way I did. And truthfully, I think he needed someone willing to listen. He dropped his entire life in New York to come here to take care of his grandmother and I got the impression that nobody in his life really appreciates how hard is working.

Had I not felt an urge to leave class early, I never would have met him. Even being a minute later he would have taken off running for the hospital and I never would have met him. Its also strange that the bus was randomly 20 minutes late and nobody else picked him up except me. It feels like divine intervention caused us to cross paths.
>>
>>18273877
Its of course entirely possible that I'm assigning meaning to something that was nothing but a very lucky coincidence for both of us. But assuming it was divine, I tend to feel that experiences like this happen to people who are open to possibility of them in the first place. I think I understand why Christians always say that if you "open your heart" then Jesus will reveal himself. In a way I feel that if I hadn't been already been reexamining spirituality the last few months then this experience never would have happened. I think mindset is very important for these sorts of things
>>
Almost made me cry

you have a good heart it wasnt a coincidence

I recommend you to pray to jesus just ask him to come to your life and transform you and he will it will be the best decision in your life trust me

Ask for truth, wisdom, love

Do not let yourself be depressed by its negative past

everybody is a sinner in this world and without his grace and what he did for us we were lost forever

many prophets/important persons in the bible were big sinners and god still did not forget them and made a new person
>>
>>18274384
>many prophets/important persons in the bible were big sinners and god still did not forget them and made a new person

it's true and everybody can repent, no one wants to be stuck in the past. i actually came to terms with this a few days ago that some people will never change and as hard as you try to change yourself some people will never let you escape your past. i left them and felt nothing. anyone can be a better person.
>>
>>18273809
>As I pulled away from the hospital I realized that I felt fundamentally different.

That was your wallet that was missing.
>>
File: distant kek.gif (2MB, 352x264px) Image search: [Google]
distant kek.gif
2MB, 352x264px
>>18274497
>>
>the important thing is to do.
>not so much reflect but act.
>you already know some steps.
>go anon
>>
File: moire1_anim.gif (627KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
moire1_anim.gif
627KB, 256x256px
>>18273814
This is what synchronicity feels like. It's literally a result of people's minds becoming more interconnected. I leave it to you to figure out what you think that means.

You can have as much as you want, up until the frequency of coincidences lead you to be like this guy.

>>18273833

When this stops becoming a joke, and something you are seriously concerned about, the synchronicities slow done. Love is your accelerator, fear is your brakes. Have as much coincidence as you like.

The fun part is, that guy you gave a ride to was feeling the exact same way. That's why it's free--you pay for synchronicity in the same action in which you receive it.

There are beings who specialize in arranging these events telepathically, including humans. They don't really know you personally, necessarily. It's more about seeing space a certain way, and either ordering or randomizing it to suit people's preferences.
>>
File: 1477136043050.jpg (30KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1477136043050.jpg
30KB, 380x380px
this was seriously one of the best post i ever read on 4chan since 2006 bar non except maybe talking with moot about diablo 2

i feel like i could make a movie about your story anon its so well done and well nuanced

i also feel slight warm feelings now hard for me to put into words
>>
You have lots of supportive comments here so I will just say I'm happy this experience has inspired you, thanks for sharing op =)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.