[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone got some good cult stories? General cult thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
Anyone got some good cult stories? General cult thread.
>>
Closest to an encounter is when I saw a bunch of these guys in my area. But by the time I realized it wasn't just a coincidence I was seeing so many of them around and found out who they were(Brethren, Jim Roberts group, garbage eaters) they were gone. Quite interesting in that they seem to not isolate their members and live among the people, so I suppose they do see themselves as missionaries of some sort and must have pretty strong convictions that this is the end times and that the world is sick and other assorted Christian nonsense.

There was a documentary made about parents of people in the group trying to locate them. Unfortunately I cant find it online and my only option seems to be able to pay 20 fucking dollars on amazon. If I bought it would anyone here be interested? Heres the trailer:

https://youtu.be/3DuNDcxI5h0

I really love movies/documentaries about cults but I just dont want to pay 20$ out of principle if it's only going to be me watching.
>>
Yeah, they took the fucking jam right out of my donut
>>
Reminder that the official Heavens Gate website is still up

http://heavensgate.com/
>>
>>18274131
How long is it? I'll rabb.it it with you.
>>
>>18274183
IMDB says 1h 13m
>>
>>18274273
That's fine, get me a link.
>>
>>18273780
I am the reincarnation of Jim Jones
>>
File: mkh.jpg (14KB, 270x342px) Image search: [Google]
mkh.jpg
14KB, 270x342px
>>18274143
>How a Member of the Kingdom of Heaven
might appear
>>
I am from the same birth place of David Koresh and was born the same year he died
>>
File: 20160615_210701-1.jpg (651KB, 1164x1286px) Image search: [Google]
20160615_210701-1.jpg
651KB, 1164x1286px
Met these weird yuppies living in a bus, complete with a second level, with their 3 kids. (pic related.) Turns out, they had been a part of a cult in Wisconsin and took a while to recognize it as such. They escaped into transient yuppie-ism. I was super curious but they didn't want to go into detail.
Dude's dad was apparently a psycho survivalist too so, I guess he kinda paved the way for his kid to not recognize when he walked into a weird scenario.
Anyone know what cult is active in Wisconsin on a relatively large scale?
>>
>>18274278
To the movie? Thats the thing there arent any of it online though I've searched far and wide
>>
File: sp00ked.png (61KB, 241x209px) Image search: [Google]
sp00ked.png
61KB, 241x209px
>>18273780
>be driving down lonely road in the afternoon
>it gets foggy
>suddenly a few abandoned ambulances on the road
>can't go around
>stop car at side of road and get out to investigate
>about 20 cars parked and they all lead to a warehouse
>go inside
>it smells like grease, shit, and baking soda
>a small crowd of bull dyke looking women, emasculated men, genderless humanoid aliens, and some uncomfortable looking union workers standing around and shouting praises
>a mad coughing woman rambling about the Russians is promising salvation to the crowd
>mfw its a Hilary rally
>>
Heaven's Gate against suicide http://heavensgate.com/misc/letter.htm
>>
Watch the documentary about Buddhafield. It's hilarious.
>>
>>18273780
the order of the solar temple and it mass murders.
pretty spoopy.

http://www.watchman.org/profiles/pdf/ordersolartempleprofile.pdf
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.