[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so I just got a full dose of bad karma. I totally deserve it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

File: meditation.jpg (82KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
meditation.jpg
82KB, 600x450px
so I just got a full dose of bad karma. I totally deserve it.
Anyone have any tips on how to stop being a shitty person?
Everything I do is selfish.
Is fear of karma different than fear of a god?
>>
>>18273712
Well, how are you shitty?
>>
>>18273724
I'm a liar and I don't care about anyone or anything except my own interests.
>>
>>18273712
I dont know anon i struggle with this too. I want to pay back all the karmic debt i have. I think you have to acknowledge and consciously work towards amending. But what about stuff you forget right? Selflessness works i think. And sacrifice.
>>
Practice mindfulness in your meditation, becoming aware of and acknowledging all thoughts and emotions will give you the insight as to how you began acting in a more compassionate, selfless manner.
>TL;DR practice meditation
>>
>>18273712
Can you control bad karma? Then shut the fuck up.
>>
>>18273727
Have you ever hurt anyone or lied to someone about something really bad? Because being selfish is natural imo, but lying is something else

Also, karma is probably bullshit anyway. If the "bad karma" is really caused by you being a bad person, then it is most likely combined thoughtforms of those you've hurt/ hate you

>>18273736
This
>>
>>18273712
karma affects you after you die when you reincarnate. You just have shit luck
>>
>Is fear of karma different than fear of a god?

Different , karma come from your own will , but not from god
I prefer god is better karma. Karma lead society to selfish like people in most asia country , it lead to law of human importance more than law of nature
>>
>>18273712
Only those with shallow understanding of karma and it's workings would fear it. Good karma, bad karma, it doesn't matter, every interaction can sow karma, so if you trully fear it, it can lead to desire to avoid the world and people around you. To fear karma is to fear yourself and doubt your decisions, which is overall bad. Karma will always be, but you can manipulate it to some extent. The more you interact with a person, the deeper your karmic connection becomes, again it doesn't matter good or bad, what matters is the connection itself and letting it mature. The worst thing you can do is avoid existing karma, broken connections can bring alot more misery than a lifetime of bad karma
>>
>>18273712
>Anyone have any tips on how to stop being a shitty person?
>Everything I do is selfish.
Ego-death. Destroy the concept of a ‘self’ and being selfish will no longer be possible by definition.
>>
This >>18273874 also OP rebuild yourself, with faith & determination all limits are bound to be broken likewise all obstacles are overcomeable. It's good that you see a need to change, that's a step in the right direction.
>>
>>18273874
Easier said than done. Sure you can use drugs and with enough meditation practice you can grasp the anatta state, but that's not permanent. Your 'self' is what interacts with the world and people around you and there's no one trully selfless in this world, you can sacrifice yourself for the people you value, but are you trully willing to eat the short end of the stick for a complete stranger? I don't think so, personal survival and gain is dictated by your most primal instincts. To protect something, always means to destroy something else.
>>
>>18273712
Karma's satanic.
Its literally just blood thirsty revenge you are seeking.
Learn the things of God. Learn forgiveness and loving kindness.
>>
>>18273712
Well in order to stop being a shitty person, you must first deliver a nuclear hit on your ego. Easiest way is to do something you would never do. Submit to a person. Find someone and beg them to suck their cock. Even if you hate it, even if youre disgusted, gobble it down. Swallow every drop and then ask them to fuck you real hard. Once you feel your hole stretching for anothers pleasure youll find humility. Youll see that others matter too. And youll be a better person next morning.
>>
Karma is our own energy returing to us, it is managed by Saturn the planet of karma, everything we do is timed and redirected to us by him, long term karma carrier into next life, particular karmas can complete the circle soon after the deed, you can fast forward karma towards you by acknowledging it.
>>
>>18273900
>Karma's satanic.
>Its literally just blood thirsty revenge you are seeking.
christfags, everyone
>>
File: 38xjSNC.jpg (184KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
38xjSNC.jpg
184KB, 950x534px
Karma is what makes space black, the sky blue and the Earth green
Its everywhere
You can't outrun it
You have to face Karma and be fearless
I fought Karma back in the 90s and I won
You can too
>>
>>18273941
cont.

I've been going through some bad karma for post 15 months, it all started when I decided to become a good person, all the bad things I had thought about people returned to torture my mind, that how I learned about karma, my birth planet is Saturn as well so I'm always having some sort of spiritual discover and experience, since Saturn is the teacher or occult.
also, don't believe in christian bullshit, they try to kill spirituality, by demonizing saturn, sun and spiritual practices. Saturn is the ultimate teacher and wants humanity to live by tradition, moral and hard work.
>>
>>18273973
Hate to break it to ya pal, but Saturn is just a warm fart in the cold wind. Only thing that will save ya is this >>18273909
>>
>>18273980
Nothing can save anyone, you create your own karma and then go through it.
>>
>>18273989
Thats what i was saying yes. So if you change your ways maybe youll change your karma. At least it would work with me. If you did me wrong but then you regretted it and asked me to make it up to me wed be bros.
>>
>>18274017
that's right
>>
>>18273712

If you're not spending some time for the benefit of someone other than yourself, from time to time, you're always going to get fucked by karma.
>>
ITT: people who completely misunderstand the concept of karma.

"Good karma" and "bad karma" is a western bastardization of the concept, please read into what actually means this word
>>
>>18273712
Live and let live, do not involve yourself in others except to help them, help people whenever you can, it usually is a small sacrifice of your time and means the world to the receiving person. Cause no trouble and you will receive no trouble, punish the wicked and those who harm others.
>>
>>18273958
it literally is a metaphysic eye for an eye
>>
>>18273727
there is nothing wrong with this at all
>>
File: 300x300.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
300x300.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
>>18273736
This x 100

But

>becoming aware of and acknowledging all thoughts and emotions will give you the insight as to how you began acting in a more compassionate, selfless manner.

Hasn't made me more compassionate or selfless. I'm not a dick, but the rest of the world can fuck itself for all I care, lol, not my problem. I have almost zero suffering units, like 0.001 of a suffering unit. No fucks given. Did I break karma?
>>
>>18274213
Yeah, there is. Don't try to justify your wrongs because someone is wrong the same as you are. I say this because you are just trying to make him/her believe it's ok to do that so you can be ok too. This does not mean it's right, it just means you are both wrong.
>>
>>18274232
>Did I break karma?
Remind me of this:

>Now the Zen master Jōshū was once asked: “What is the mind of a child?” and he said “a ball in a mountain stream”. “What do you mean by a ball in a mountain stream?”; he said: “thought after thought after thought, with no block”.

>So he was using, of course, the mind of the child as the “innocent mind”, the mind of a person who is enlightened. One thought follows another, without hesitation. The thought arises, it doesn't wait to arise. As when you clap your hands, the sound issues without hesitation. When you strike flint, the spark comes out - it doesn't wait to come out. And that means that there's no block. So, “thought though thought” - “niàn niàn niàn” - describes what we call in our world the “stream of consciousness”. Blocking consists in letting the stream become connected - chained together - in such a way, that when the present thought arises, it seems to be dragging its past. Or, resisting its future - saying “I don't want to go!”. When, then, the connection - the ‘dragging’, it's better to call it - of these thoughts drops, you've broken the chain of karma.

-Alan Watts
>>
I lie so much that I believe the lies and forget they are lies.
I sometimes wonder if this is the start of mental illness.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1475719051861.jpg (106KB, 549x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1475719051861.jpg
106KB, 549x720px
>>18274232
I mistyped, I meant to put "as to how you can begin" instead of began, since you must make a conscious decision to act differently.
And when it comes to karma, you may not be bringing positivity into the world, but at least you're not bringing negativity instead.
>pic semi related
>>
There is no karma, OP. Life is not a Disney movie where every villain MUST have a downfall, or every good person MUST have a happy ending. You live in reality, so what that means is bad things happen to good people. Innocent children starve, women of virtue are raped, men of dignity are killed. Over and over and over again.

In this same respect, the bastards who perpetuate the aforementioned atrocities, the greedy, the rapists, the murderers, the liars and anyone of any 'evil' ilk you can think of can often go unpunished. In fact, they can be rewarded for their actions.

Karma is/was merely a concept drilled into man by older (typically Indian) society in order to maintain order and dissuade negative actions.

However, it was also abused and exploited (and still is today) to justify the wealthy and to demonize the poor. The caste system in India is a perfect example of this, the wealthy who exploit the poor claim their karma is 'good', and that those at the bottom DESERVE to be at the bottom because their karma is 'bad'.

tl;dr karma is bullshit.
>>
>>18273712
>so I just got a full dose of bad karma.

so what happened
>>
Furthermore, I would argue that a fixation on Karma breeds selfishness, not selflessness. Take OP for example:

>so I just got a full dose of bad karma. I totally deserve it.
Anyone have any tips on how to stop being a shitty person?

His/her interest is primarily not on being less-shitty to other people for the sake of others as it may appear.

What OP is actually saying is:

''I want to stop being shitty, so I can evade bad karma, because I have self-interests and do not want to be held accountable.''

The whole thing is EXACTLY the same deal as your typical obnoxious/rude 'Christian' who only prays to God for the promise of an afterlife.

It's not about a sincere servitude to fellow man, but rather, a thinly veiled act to self oneself.
>>
>>18275800
>>18275815
no, you don't understand what karma is, what you are talking aobut is just shitty western understanding of it, it goes like this:
all suffering is stems from making a distinction between what is you and the everything else - the ego illusion
and what hindus and others mean when they karma (which simply translates to action) is that any action you do that promotes your ego strengthens your sense of self is going to hurt you in the long run because more ego = more suffering
>>
>>18273712
Go to fucking psychiatrist. Being bad comes from inside
>>
>>18273712
>>18273727
The Honest Trickster.
Everything you do is selfish.
You cannot do anything about it, but you can do something for it.
>>
STAHP!!!
>>
>>18275800
The western understanding of ‘karma’ as some sort of “divine punishment system” has basically nothing to do with karma as it originated in buddhist and hindu mythology.

The mechanism of karma in buddhist belief is to eliminate it. An enlightenment disciple seeks to make all of his actions an instance of niṣkāmakarma (roughly “without karma”), i.e. an action which does not make a conscious passionate choice.

If you treat karma as a cosmic reward system, you are viewing it under a very western lens. “Rewards and punishments” for your actions are a central pillar of western mythology, which is why westerners generally have a hard time understanding karma. But the key difference is this: Whereas christianity teaches you to act ‘good’ so you can avoid your divine punishment, buddhism teaches you to act neutrally and naturally, so you can avoid karma altogether - either ‘good’ or ‘bad’ (as it were).
>>
>>18275815
you are exactly right.
meditation hasn't helped me be less selfish, but it has lowered desires and lowered engagement in the world. So, hopefully the effects of selfishness can be contained and the result would be less lies.
>>
>>18276745
This post says nothing as to what karma does, only a way to get rid of it.

Also, "niskamakarma" would translate closer to "action without lust/desire."
>>
>>18273712

Fear = F
Karma = K
God = G

Solve F * K = F * G

So once we remove fear from that equation, we get K = G. Karma and God are two different concepts, therefore a fear of karma is different then a fear of a god.
>>
File: Consider the following.png (752KB, 1200x865px) Image search: [Google]
Consider the following.png
752KB, 1200x865px
>>18273712
How to stop being a shitty person:
Try to remove yourself from the baser wants of Flesh and Ego. (The keyword here is Try)
Don't willfully deceive others, don't love your partner through Lust, don't be a Glutton. It's actually pretty easy to not be a shitty person once you realize that Flesh and Ego are the main roots of Corruption.

You aren't a selfish person OP, you are just a human being. I don't think anyone could really spite you for that, you notice your wrongdoings and accept the consequences of those wrongdoings. You'd be selfish if you knew of the consequences and willfully committed your actions, knowing full well your action would make lesser of or harm others

Is fear of karma different than fear of a god? A monk rings a bell every time its time for you to be beaten with a whip by a large masked man. In time you come to fear the sound of the bell.

Karma is just action/consequence, its a reaction to an action. Karma isn't sentient or judging; it is simply the force being returned back to you to which you have given somewhere else. You don't need to fear karma, you just need to learn how to make it benefit you by trying to be a decent person.

As per a god, fear is a strange word. I suppose there is a feeling of unimaginable terror when trying to understand the Unity of All Things; but its meant to be more of a "Oh, my eyes have opened, and I can appreciate Reality" instead of a "Oh if I step on that bug out of malice, a giant foot will appear from the sky and do the same to me."

Don't be afraid of karma or a god, appreciate it and learn how to receive its blessings by trying to be a decent person.

You at least acknowledge your moral compass, so I guess its a good start.

Hope that helped friendo.
>>
>>18279912
Autism
>>
>>18279912
>K = G
>Therefore, K != G
>>
>>18273712
>Anyone have any tips on how to stop being a shitty person?
Bad karma comes from being selfish
Every act that you do in your own interest (e.g. to derive personal pleasure or benefit) brings bad karma. Eating food is bad karma. The worst karma comes from when you negatively affect others like stealing, manipulating, abusing, or murder.
Good karma comes from being selfless.
You need to acquire good karma to negate the bad karma. But be careful, it is easy to seek good karma for your own personal interest (e.g. to reduce your bad karma). Your intentions play a role in this. Seek to help and benefit others without any intention of your own personal gain, some easy things to do are volunteering and donating.
>>
>>18280010
Never saw a more fanciful load of horse droppings.
>>
>>18273727
Stop lying.
Start caring.

Problem solved.
>>
File: giphy.gif (678KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
678KB, 800x450px
>>18281684
try looking in the mirror friend and you will find similar of your Ego and the Flesh that houses it.

If you have a problem with this statement, go meet with Mahatma and tell him that he is full of it.
>>
You must empathize to navigate personal karma. Without empathy, integrity falters and crumbles into small piles of dust. Without integrity, karma starts getting bad.
>>
File: 1430925061864.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1430925061864.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>18273712
Baby steps.

Try to commit at least one selfless act a day and just take it from there.

Also don't ignore your own needs. And by "needs" I don't mean "wants", I mean shit like getting enough sleep, eating healthy, not working yourself into a breakdown and not hating yourself. This is gonna sound corny as shit but it really is easier to love and respect others if you love and respect yourself. If you don't respect yourself, then work towards the necessary changes in order to do so.

Sincerely,

A previously shitty person.
>>
to the person who asked what happend:
I got injured physically and it really had no connection to the lying, but I felt like it was punishment for lying.
Thanks for everyone telling me that isn't karma or it doesn't work like that.
I'll probably keep lying if it benefits me.
>>
You don't need to be selfless especially in this day and age. Being selfless will only get you taken advantage of. Be service to self.
>>
start at the bottom and work your way up

correct your sexual tendencies and your psychology will follow suit. make sure there is a balance of giving and taking in your life. embrace , do not cling. work yourself into a self satisfying demeanor from head to toe. dont worry about morals, just accept change wherever it is taking place
>>
>>18273886
man i think you need to beef up you fucking beta
>>
>>18275776
clearly it is the law of attraction at work jaja
>>
File: 1477165523754.jpg (9KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
1477165523754.jpg
9KB, 221x228px
>>18274238
what do you do when you find out that all those philosophy guys were all basically CIA???
>>
>>18284483
>Thanks for everyone telling me that isn't karma or it doesn't work like that.
>I'll probably keep lying if it benefits me.
Anon's words makes me sad. I hope you don't.
>>
>>18286220

Stop reading Jan Irvin's bullshit

The "all counterculture was a CIA psyop" is a psyop in it of itself
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.