[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mysterious Light

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: warp.png (282KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
warp.png
282KB, 640x480px
So I saw a light in the sky on the way home from work tonight.I live in a rural area and there is very little artificial light and I noticed there weren't any stars in the sky, it was pitch black. I then see a light off in the distance over the tree line, and I assume its a light pole in the distance, but realize its over the trees.

I start to grab my phone to take a video of it to post on the internet but was to slow. It just flared up and disappeared similar to a ship entering warp in star trek.

My first assumption was a meteor or rocket entering the atmosphere or launching, until it flared. Also about 30 seconds after it disappeared I was able to see stars again.

So I'm here to ask if anyone has any idea what I just saw, I'm also on the east coast of the US if that helps with seeing it it was like a rocket launching or something.

Any ideas would be appreciated
>>
tldr:i think i saw aliens
>>
Did you hear a pop sound? No one lost electricity?
>>
no pop, and no it was one of the first things i looked for, the two lights on the road were still on
>>
Umm...

Came here to post this. Also in a rural area, and on my way home, I saw lights in the sky...

Where about do you live, OP?
>>
>>18273687
Seizures jerry. Lay off the sugar. Do you even lift?
>>
north carolina
>>
>>18273915
where are you?
>>
>>18273687
Saw simillar this couple of weeks ago in Holland but it was during twilight so not exactly nightime.
>>
Adirondacks NY, I saw something similar tonight... I work on radio towers, and while I thought it was snow lightning, it was really similar to what you're describing OP. Happened at about 11:30pm
>>
File: 1467240625798.gif (2MB, 400x197px) Image search: [Google]
1467240625798.gif
2MB, 400x197px
Meteors entering the atmosphere heat up due to friction, releasing a tremendous amount of light. Especially if they completely disintegrate before reaching the ground. Of course, space craft entering the atmosphere do the same thing, including space craft from other planets. So.

Iunno. It was a thing from space.
>>
>>18274772
we saw the same thing it was around 11:30pm last night when i saw it and i share the time zone with you, thats crazy it was seen from both NC and NY
>>
>>18274781
yeah thats what i was thinking was something entering the atmosphere, but it didnt really seem like it was falling or really moving, was just like chilling there and flickering then a big light and gone
>>
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1920&bih=915&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=iridium+flare

/thread
>>
>>18274896
Possibly, but all the videos I'm seeing are a lot more controlled than what I saw
>>
they dumped her body into the molten light
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.