[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

enlighten me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: ashaftoflightisallineed.jpg (39KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
ashaftoflightisallineed.jpg
39KB, 640x320px
>as far as I can tell, my body is going to die
>barring some improbable occurrence
>it seems impossible to know what I will experience after death
>it seems like there are hidden important rules that govern reality, that I can't, or won't, be able to understand before I die
>I am having a bad time
>I have no control over reality
>I am consciousness having an experience

help
>>
Try meditation. It's helped me with a lot I've even had experiences with other dimensions.
>>
>>18273383
Worry not about death, for it will happen and must. Instead focus on creating memories to look back on. Live the life you want to remember. Things aren't going your way, try something else. Don't fool yourself into thinking you've failed, there is no such thing as long as you take the time to enjoy yourself.
>>
>>18273393
How does one meditate to have spiritual experiences?

I know about clearing your mind, but how do I reach the supernatural?
>>
>>18273393

While I was interested in meditation, someone pointed out to me that I can't tell where my thoughts come from or where physical reality comes from, they just happen spontaneously. For some reason, I've lost all interest and motivation to meditation after that.
>>
>>18273433

OP here. Scientific materialism is a meme. The fact that reality exists at all is so mysterious any explanation we have as to why is as good as magic.

we are living in the supernatural
>>
>>18273383
I still have these same thoughts so I can relate to you a lot. My idea is that the one rule that seems most probable is karma. Almost all religions preach some form of this, agnostics and atheists alike see the merit in doing good work, and those that have had near death experiences tend to report on how what you put in this life greatly determines your experience in what comes after this life
>>
>>18273457
That doesn't answer my question

Whenever I have tried meditating I have only been able to clear my mind

I am fairly good at clearing my mind and I am somewhat patient, so I have tried all I can without anything near 'spiritual experiences'

Am I doing it wrong? Are there any methods that I haven't heard of?
>>
>>18273482
No. It just happens when it happens. It can take years for some
>>
>>18273417

To be honest, I don't intellectually know that I will die; it's possible, no matter how improbable, that I won't.
>>
>>18273482

you are having a spiritual experience
>>
>>18273383
>I am having a bad time
Non sequitur. Why are you having a bad time? A bad time is just a function of your perspective on the world.

Based on the context, it sounds like you are having a bad time because you feel powerless? If so, the problem is that you're self-asserting a mental image of you dominating your environment, of man reaching for the stars and transcending life and death itself.

But the thing about life is that it isn't about winning. There's nobody who's going to give you a prize at the end. What will you have accomplished by pursuing a life of domination? At the end of the day, would you really have lived a happier life? The whole idea of being a “mind trapped in a body” is an extremely fatalistic modern-day thought that has its fundament on this ‘domination’ concept.

We like to see ‘ourselves’ as beings of pure thought, which transcend the universe itself were it not for that they're ‘caged’ inside a fleshy body. But what if you let this separation between mind and body collapse? What if you get rid of your concept of ego and understand that your very thoughts are simply the universe talking to itself, by having manifested self-conscious entities as an inveitable function of its fields interacting?

I think you could benefit from the teachings of Taoism and Zen Buddhism, which liberate you from this concept of isolated ‘ego’ and helplessness / lack of dominance over the environment.

Remember, at the end of the day, all your emotions and thoughts and perception of the universe are intimately molded by your point of view, and your point of view is very flexible. If you feel unhappy, read books.
>>
>>18273383

This is just my experience, but what I believe to be enlightenment was both my first and last spiritual experience. Not everyone may be able to have visions and fun head changes and so on.

For we it wasn't about the experience, it was about attaining what I believed to be enlightenment. My spiritual experience was an experience of understanding, not a vision or some sort of euphoric episode.

It took about five years of exercising control over all my thoughts at all times before I reached this point. The path is said to be controlling your thoughts, words and actions, not meditating with a goal of having an experience. Sitting meditation may be pointless, I never did it. It's not necessarily useful.
>>
>>18273442
It's basically about clearing your mind and being aware of your surroundings at all times. Once you do that regularly you will begin to experience synchronicity. Not long after that is when the visions and spirits and dreams would come. everything appears to be intertwined and connected because it is
>>
>>18273383
>I have no control over reality
No one does. You need to stop overthinking it. We're just complicated machines created by nature, you have no free will and are entirely insignificant, so just stop giving a fuck. You can look for answers, but don't expect to find any or for it to matter if you do.
>>
>>18273551
Pretty much this.

Looking for answers to the “meaning of life” (or whatnot) is like trying to analyze scientifically why you prefer one genre of music to another. Even if you could answer the question, it's entirely missing the point. What are you going to do with an answer? Sit around and go “oh, that makes sense” and then continue on living/listening to your favorite genres as if nothing has changed?

Will you feel any more satisfaction in having arrived at a conclusion? Will it make the music sound better knowing that there's a scientific reason for it sounding better?
>>
>>18273383
Embrace it. You have control of absolutely nothing. Your heart might just give out as youre reading my response. Youre absolutely nothing and you are absolutely insignificant. Embrace the truth, and maybe by living whatever life you have left as you should, you will do something that will echo in eternity.
>>
>>18273383
Welcome to reality, it's a drag. Go watch some anime and fap a little bit, or read some zen buddhist teachings, whatever floats your boat.
>>
>>18273482
Just take a high dose of shrooms. Seriously, do it. Changed my life. Look up "Greg Weber". He's reached a state of stillness, akin to high dose of psychedelics, through meditating. He also recommends people take shrooms if they never have a realizing, spiritual experience. You will not be disappointed. My experience was 7g + 60mg metocin, but you can take less.
>>
It's all part of getting older. It get's freakier when you are eighty and you might die any second. You contemplate staying awake at night for another hour, just because because you know you could easily die in your sleep and you want to squeeze that last drip of life out before you gamble on sleep.

But by the time you make up your mind, you are already sleeping, because you couldnt' help it, you are eighty years old, powerless, powerless to even stay awake a little longer.

You begin to think that the entire lesson in life is to stop questioning, stop giving so much of a fuck, and just live, LIVE, LIVE. To accept your utter powerlessness in the face of the vast universe and just live and experience.You think to tell your grandchildren this fact of life, but they won't understand, they can't understand, you remember what it is like to be young.
>>
>>18273383
I can give enlightenment to you, but can you take it?
>>
>>18273383
>I am consciousness having an experience
We all are
its our duty to try to make a more pleasent experience if possible
>>
>>18273383
Just dont go into the light and you will be fine
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-31-21-52-12-1.png (896KB, 1440x845px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-31-21-52-12-1.png
896KB, 1440x845px
>>18273383
There is an order (not necessarily an intelligence) to the world that we can't understand from our perspective, and we are unlikely to understand it when we die, because our brains die with us, and with no brain there is no thought, yet whatever order there is, we return to be a part of it. Buddhists and Hindus claim to be able to join with that order eventually, but I doubt any of us truly can.

Nevertheless, do what others here say, and meditate. Focus on nothing but your existence, and you may get a glimpse of that higher order. You may even learn not to worry about it.

Nice Godzilla pic.
>>
File: 1473415384117.jpg (249KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1473415384117.jpg
249KB, 1920x1080px
The only way to predict the future is to be part of the consciousness cycle that causes it. If it doesn't happen, then you didn't really predict the future now did you? And if it did happen, but you weren't part of the consciousness cycle that caused it, then you didn't really have foresight of the future, now did you? This is called efficacy. It's where your spirit foresees an event, and then your body does that event your spirit foresees. Think about it. How do you move your arm? You just kind of think about what it would like if your arm did move that way, and then if your body has a sufficient connection, it happens.

What you're going to find out as your body approaches death, is that your thoughts don't actually stop. It's just, your body quits responding to them. If you're not aware of this, that's a very good sign that you're leading a very healthy life, where your body responds to your thoughts so accurately you can't even tell the difference. So don't worry about; as soon as your spirit and body begin to drift apart, it will become incredibly obvious how the connection between them works. Also, there's absolutely no rush. You have all of eternity after dying to figure out what parameters you want to start searching for next. You can even just be nothing for as long as you like. It's nice, until it gets boring and your attention wanders.

Spirit operates a bit like a search engine, I guess. Except, search engines are digital, and spirits have analogue capabilities. But for now, that metaphor for suffice. As your body dies, and your spirit disconnects, it then accesses the set of all realities that could exist. This happens seamlessly with physical reality, so that the loosening of your connection to your body creates the parameters your spirit searches for simultaneously...
>>
File: 1473244806273.jpg (92KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1473244806273.jpg
92KB, 612x612px
>>18274690
So for example, if you were very angry before, the loosening of that emotion suddenly produces its direct opposite, which your spirit shows you as a blur of all the places in reality corresponding to a relief of expectation, which is what anger is--when things don't go as expected. This occurs in the place in your mind you call the imagination. As more and more physical restraints relax, and your grip on physical reality releases, more and more possible realities occupy your imagination.

It is at this point your spirit selects which reality it wishes to view next, based on the new connections it forms in those imagined realities. At the point when you forget that your old physical body existed, or at least quit pondering on it like a dream that's no longer relevant, then for all intents and purposes you are now in that reality. And so, you will always exist in some form or another. Every closing of a circuit here, opens up one over there. If you haven't experienced this in recent memory, it just means that your circuits are open, that you're a healthy creature, and that's incredible. Live it up, because (if you're here looking for advice) trust me--as a person who's self induced enough near death experiences to get a sense of how the other side is mediated, there is nothing over there that you can't get here.

I see so many people in a rush in life, for all things. Okay. That kind of makes sense. There's a lot of stuff in physical reality that if you don't rush for, might miss out on. Fair enough. One thing you will never miss out on is your own death. There is no need to rush that. You won't find yourself insufficiently prepared, and somehow miss out on it. And that's why life is like a song, or a dance, compared to a recipe or journey. The point of life isn't to actually to get to death. It really is actually about all those things in between.

I like the way Alan Watts puts it specifically:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHnIJeE3LAI
>>
An author and a speaker, Alan Watts. Look his talks up on youtube. Specifically the ones about mind. I think you'll enjoy him :^)
>>
>>18274697
Alan Watts sure is popular on /x/
>>
>>18274690
>>18274692

This is the coolest thing I've ever heard
>>
Don't go into the light when you die, you'll be fucked

Hella answers http://wespenre.com/exploring-the-unum.htm
>>
>>18275918

pls explain this for me? I'm reading through this website, but it's very hard to understand
>>
>>18274690
>>18274692
Bootiful stuff, hope its right when the time comes
>>
>>18274710
Alan Watts is a mortal fool
>>
>>18275918
>>18275970

I'm familiar with some gnostic reasons why, but I just need a little help understanding if we're talking about the same thing. Also, what happens if you don't go into the light?
>>
>>18275985

The "light at the end of the tunnel" is just your senses fading into nothingness i.e a light.

As your perception of the physical world disappears as your organs shut down, all that is left is the light. Going towards or away from said light makes no difference. You die. What happens next will always be a mystery.
>>
Basically, this reality/planet is a construct. The light leads to a place where your memories will be wiped, and you will be sent back into reincarnation here by the beings that are running things here. Instead of going into the light, will yourself out of earths atmosphere and out into the universe. There's a grid above the planet trappeing souls (probably the van Allen belt) but it has holes in it. Go through a hole, and get out of this trap (if you want).
>>
>>18276133

O_O those digits. What's outside the trap?
>>
Other planets, more advanced beings. Higher densities to exist on, earth is in a quarantine of sorts as it's been hijacked by fallen angel/archons/enki etc. no being that presents itself as a god here will save you, its more of the trap. Outside earth your abilities as a soul are heightened greatly. Find somewhere else to incarnate if you want.
>>
>>18276146

I've heard a little bit about this, but is there anything I can do in this life to ensure I have the willpower to not go into the archon light?
>>
Meditation strengthens the mind, builds resolve. Connect with your higher self/ true aspect of your soul. I'd say ignore it as soon as you see it. Focusing on it will draw you to it. Orient yourself away, out of the trap.
>>
Also ignore any being that tries to interact with you. Archons/negative beings rule the astral and they will try to trick you.
>>
>>18276157
Well develop your own inner light, then lights from other places won't draw you away from the knowing of your own soul.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.