[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If a spell calls for candles, will these kinds of candles work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2216.jpg (51KB, 598x267px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2216.jpg
51KB, 598x267px
If a spell calls for candles, will these kinds of candles work?
>>
>>18272697
Yeah because the point is that you have a material that can melt away (i.e wax) and the element of fire. Those candles are bad for you btw.
>>
>>18272703
really? I had a candle by that company that I loved
>>
>>18272717
They're ok in moderation but they can be toxic.
>>
yup, anything worth doing is worth doing right, I mean if your going to summon a demon from the netherworld at least it would be like "I'm here for your sou..wait are those fucking maple pancake candles? I love those"
>>
I hate those candles.I'd come home from school as a kid to the smell of freshly baked cookies, only to be disappointed
>>
>spell calls for candles
>spell
As if they actually worked.
>>
>>18272745
>sees a spell thread
>actively clicks on it despite not believing in magick
Seriously? I mean really?
>>
>>18272736
Exactly. But not that cheap shit from WalMart. It's gotta be Yankee.
>>
>>18272697

dat maple pancake
>>
>>18273379
is a Yankee candle from walmart okay?
>>
>>18273908
Lol
>>
>>18272697
nah dude they have to be very specific ghost candles made of dead orphan's tears and ectoplasm
>>
Protip - the spell will work just as well without the candles.
>>
>>18272697
Depends on who or what you're calling on. Most surefire way are beeswax or tallow candles since even older things tend to feel comfortable with them.

Use Soybean/Carnauba Wax/Palm oil candles if you're calling on something Asian/South American/African.

It's not HYPER important, but it helps.

A lot.

Another thing: Never, EVER use scented candles when doing a spell that also calls for incense.

Not only is it likely to have fucked metaphysical results but most flavourants used won't be good for you if you're already putting others into the air.
>>
File: Preen.jpg (46KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
Preen.jpg
46KB, 500x335px
>>18274052
This

But don't hesistate to use the candles if it helps you
>>
>>18274569
>Never, EVER use scented candles when doing a spell that also calls for incense.
What if it's scented with the incense smell you're going for?
>>
File: ArchangelIsrafilBinLalish.jpg (44KB, 233x300px) Image search: [Google]
ArchangelIsrafilBinLalish.jpg
44KB, 233x300px
>>18272697
When doing a spell, you are conditioning yourself to achieve a certain goal. The phenomenon is therefore behaviorist, and thusly you should pick the most appealing scent.
>>
>>18274578
>What if it's scented with the incense smell you're going for?
Tends to be sub-par since incense also has the aspect of creating smoke which is sometimes as important as the smell itself.

Plus "X amount of candles, Y amount of charring material" is very different from "X candles with Y smell".

That being said, I was more implying the mixing of scent 1 with scent 2, really.
>>
>>18272697
Just make sure you use the right color candles

>white for divine magik
>black or red for malicious
>>
>>18272724
So can every known substance on the planet. Cite a source or don't even post.
>>
Sure will, OP. Just need that flame.
>>
>>18274576
I think anon was hinting that spells don't actually do anything.
>>
Why do so many dabblingfags insist on following someone else's spells?

I know why other people market them, yeah. I mean shit, if I was less morally inclined, I'd write up volumes of spells and sell the books, but that wouldn't make it any less snake oil.
>>
>>18275899
To be fair, most books publish themselves as though the spells are "the traditions that work" rather than "here is an example."
Most people are probably under the impression that new spells cannot be created, at least not simply.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.