[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck is wrong with me, /x/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: 202765_1236952854073_full.jpg (47KB, 522x600px) Image search: [Google]
202765_1236952854073_full.jpg
47KB, 522x600px
I was raised by a catholic mum and gnostic dad, so since I was young I was exposed to many elements of those different religions, and I firmly believed in them because I was young but I never felt or saw anything different.
During my teenager years I got into occultism and the native religions where I live, and did countless practices and rituals but I can't feel anything. I see results but I never really feel any energy or emotion towards it, as many people describe they feel.
It doesn't really affect my beliefs in it, but it does make me wonder what the fuck is wrong with me. Any ideas?
>>
>>18268913
No one cares about your personal life.
>>
youre a shitty wizard. just reroll to something else. catholic is THE gnostic church btw
>>
>>18268913
placeboo
>>
>>18268918
I know, but I didn't know where to ask about that.

>>18268922
Is it that bad? I mean, I can do things pretty effectively, I just don't feel shiet.
>>
File: Brian_Faeries_57.jpg (54KB, 426x600px) Image search: [Google]
Brian_Faeries_57.jpg
54KB, 426x600px
Damn, and I was hoping this would be a fairy thread.

I don't know, OP, sometimes a thing's just not for you. I could probably not get into it either. I'm fine just studying it out of scholarly interest.
>>
>>18268913
>wtf is wrong with me /x/?
>/x/
I think I hsve an idea.
>>
File: run.jpg (44KB, 499x331px) Image search: [Google]
run.jpg
44KB, 499x331px
>>
Loot the Cosmic Cave
>>
File: hotdogmislabeled.jpg (96KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
hotdogmislabeled.jpg
96KB, 650x487px
and here are some hot dog buns, no really it says so right there checkmate. Also Kallisti
>>
congrats op. that means you are not retarded
>>
>>18269116
I specifically asked for no hot dog buns anon.
>>
>>18268913
No offense but I see alot of that stuff as being pretty hokey, the taoist, hindu yogic, and Flower of Life Hermetic are where the real nut of what makes life reality interesting is at, gnosticism is kind of like just a bunch of fairy tales and alot of native stuff while interesting is childs play in the grand schema of what reality is, not that they arent smart in many ways because they are. A very good place to start is the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali or the Tao Te Ching
>>
>>18270075
Also with hinduism it's best to keep in mind a rationalist and scientific perspective with that stuff, it's a like a diamond encased with mud and alot of that mud is misunderstandings that have accumulated over the last several thousands of years because of the dark age we live in now, the Vedas arent anywhere near as important as most hindus would make them out to be although they do preserve the master philosophy of the real ancient Aryans/Irish. Meditation, reincarnation, the nature of what the mind is, Vedic Sidereal Astrology (which is real astrology), and in particular Shavite tantric understandings which deal with the nature of knowledge itself are very interesting, the stuff youre into seems kind bland, boring, and missing alot of the point of reality you know although if you really like the Egyptian mystic stuff then you should get into again the Flower of Life, Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, and Kybalion also keeping in mind that the Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life books are alot like Hinduism in that they are like a diamond with real essential truths but with dirt encased around them, Ascension isnt real but is a metaphor for the meditative process of Samadhi outlined in the Yoga Sutras, the Egyptians who were the creators of Gnosticism were master meditators and had the most sophisticated version of it with their Merkaba up until their destruction in recent history.
>>
>>18270086
>>18270075
That's really interesting, thank you!
>>
>>18270092
No problem man, woman ^_^ The books are "channeled" supposedly, the Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life books, but if you take a logical approach and really think about it youll realize that that kind of meditation works the same way all other meditations work which is that they have their foundation in the meditative sciences of Yoga but then expand into complexity, Merkaba is a more complex version than Kriya Yoga and Kriya Yoga is more complex than basic one pointed concentration which is outlined in the Yoga Sutras but they still work the same way. Those books are channeled and higher dimensional beings dont really feel like giving everything away for free so theyll give out real truth occasionally but parcel it with half truths, best to have a rationliast scientific mind though to see what is true and what isnt, yeah you should save these paragraphs so you can re read them later, Im sure itll help alot :) I really Taoism too though, it's a fun religion even if it's not as complex as the others it's alot of the same thing.
>>
>>18270117
Sorry for the stupid question, but is it something that needs to be studied alone?
It's really not in my line of work, but I'm willing to study it, I'm just wondering if other practices may interfere as I had the same problem with other subjects (also sorry for my terrible english)
>>
>>18270138
It doesnt need to be studied alone but it helps to study the spiritual sciences as I like to call them by yourself since alot of these things are not properly understood by the people who teach them...Depends on what practices youre talking about, Id say by far the most important one to focus on is the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the MEDITATIVE, not physical, science of Raja Yoga or Pure Yoga which is about meditating, understanding the nature of your mind and reality in general, and eventually becoming an enlightened being.
>>
>>18270138
Id steer clear of Buddhism though for the most part, they do not understand that life is meant to be enjoyed and miss the point of meditation entirely. Your english seems fine :) Here's a good youtube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RiT7IJ617g
>>
File: Flower_of_Life_by_AlexGroseth.jpg (192KB, 1024x578px) Image search: [Google]
Flower_of_Life_by_AlexGroseth.jpg
192KB, 1024x578px
>>18270167
Swami Vivekanandas book is the best explanation of it. If you really love the Flower of Life Hermetic Egyptian stuff you should keep in mind that it's real but it has its foundation in this Yoga stuff. Hope this helps in making your life a bit more interesting! Happy learning .

https://www.amazon.com/Raja-Yoga-Swami-Vivekananda/dp/1500746940/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1477437207&sr=1-1
>>
>>18270167
I always had an interest in Yoga, but the way people described it to me made me a bit skeptical of it in a certain way. Thank you for the video and the explanation (:
And about Buddhism, I'll surely stay away from it. I've read and tried many aspects of it but it ended up fruitless, I thought it was something wrong I've done but I saw the same lack of results for many people.
>>
>>18270179
Real Yoga is purely about meditation, you dont have to know anything about twisting your body around like a pretzle although there are meditations that are very advanced that do that. The most important sentence of the Yoga Sutras is Yogas Citta Vrtti Nirodhah which means Yoga is about controlling the disturbances of the mind, you sit down, calm your mind down, and make it your tool rather than be a victim of it, but things being the way they do people would rather be sexy than have a perfected mind so people focus on the sexy stuff, real yoga (Raja Yoga) is about meditation. Sorry if it seems like I took over your thread dude, I might as well be a priest and have studied this stuff for years so I know what Im talking about, not arrogance just confidence, wouldnt necessarily forget the Egyptian stuff though if youre still interested in it. Yeah the Buddhists for the most part dont acknowledge the Soul, God, or pleasure, miss the point of life, youre meant to control your pleasures not get rid of them.
>>
>>18270179
Youre welcome ^_^
>>
>>18270176
Swami Vivekanandas spotted
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.