[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Human Development

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

File: download.jpg (9KB, 278x181px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 278x181px
How much more advanced do you think the human race would be if the library of Alexandria had not been burned down and we had not been set back nearly 300 years do you think we may have already found intelligiant life elsewhere maybe we'd have already colonized another planet
>>
we would probably be at about the same level, there have been many more important events in humanities history that have contributed to, or been detrimental to, our education and knowledge
>>
>intelligiant life
Fucks sake humanity ain't that bright in the first place.
Maybe first learn how to live like a proper vegetable, maybe there is a chance then that in a few million years we can call ourselfes "on the way to become intelligent".

Not like that though. Nope sir
>>
>>18267597
This library held something like a half a million scrolls that we're lost in the fire definitely some of them weren't the only ones of a scroll to exist but still that is a huge amount of knowledge to be lost in a single night
>>
>>18267666
most of it would have been historical or religious texts, and anything of worth had probably been copied or learnt by scholars from other parts of the world
sure we lost some knowledge, but its negligible compared to the advancements we made during the renaissance and other ages
>>
>>18267588
Not really
cuz we need thomas edison to introduce electricity which then explodes fuether inventions in the 20th century
also christianity (in dark ages) came in and threw back technological advances a big deal(later ofcourse they made up for that mistake by applying some sense into the mix cuz shit was being ridiculous)
>>
it isnt the knowledge that advances the human race, but the men who dare to seek it out and apply it.

its the people who invent things and practice true science that push us forward. not the amount of books we have on our shelves.

the rise of the internet has made this apparent. the amount of geniuses hasnt gone up drastically like the available amount of information has.
>>
>>18267768
>not more geniuses
>doesn't realize it's declining fast
Oh boy oh boy oh boy
>>
>>18267715
Who's to say that electricity couldnt of been found before Edison what about Baghdad batteries
>>
>>18267715
'thomas edison to introduce electricity'
my fucking sides
>>
>>18267837
Under rated poat.
>>
It would be AT LEAST May 2019
>>
>>18268323
That's not an under rated post you fucking autismo. It's the equivalent of hI'm saying 'lol'
>>
It was fate that the library was burned down. If that didn't happen, the knowledge would have been lost some other way.

We were entering the dark night/age in human consciousness during that time.
>>
>>18267715
Edison??? really?, dude youre a fucking moron i want to punch you so bad i dont think its even legal in 29 states
>>
>>18267715
Tesla you fucking normie
>>
File: Stack Books.jpg (170KB, 1536x1121px) Image search: [Google]
Stack Books.jpg
170KB, 1536x1121px
>>18267588
It's tough to say. On the one hand we lost a LOT of information, and there's probably a lot they knew that we don't. People assume that technology only progresses linearly, but once you drop that notion it isn't so difficult to imagine that they knew some things that are just lost to us now. It could be as simple as one equation or a neat trick that makes some process more efficient. But it's not like they had electricity as we know it today or a quantum computer in there.

In Europe, the repression from the Catholic Church caused some issues. But bear in mind, something people forget to mention is that the church maintained a lot of the knowledge from the world also, and a good number of the people in Europe who did make advances were people associated with the Church. This is again for the previous reason, educated people were educated by the Church because it was one of the few remaining institutions that had the resources and literature to provide an education.

Who knows, we could be much further along, or something else could've happened later on down the line that pushed us even further back, there's just no way to know. My guess would be that we'd have at least seen the industrial revolution a hundred years sooner, and other countries might've risen to power because of that, from there all of history as we know it could've changed.
>>
>>18268471
>>18268475
Notice he didn't say INVENT
>>
File: archangelGabrielBinAndalus.jpg (32KB, 250x335px) Image search: [Google]
archangelGabrielBinAndalus.jpg
32KB, 250x335px
>>18267588
The karmic reason for that loss of knowledge in the occident was observed contemporaneously in Hindi and Tamil sources. There was a serious problem with plagiarism and false attribution by posthumous alteration of author's names. When an intellectual tradition becomes that clumsy, it becomes inefficient enough at the individual scale to self-destruct. Hence, the library was burned: but we cannot do anything about it.

The time scale of millennia surpasses the range in which we can deterministically estimate the pace of technological achievement. Humanity probably would have had steel and classical physics 1000 years earlier, at least. We would have superseded the crusades of the middle ages and skipped ahead to the age of enlightenment.

Thusly our responsibility is to understand the genocides of the 20th century as intellectual injuries of the same scale: because that loss of knowledge left humanity with deceit, and crude ignorance in the fields of biology and chemistry. The victims of genocide are the very same peoples who understood and therefore shared those fields of scientific research during the age of enlightenment. Hence the modern human dependence on petroleum is inherited along with culpability for crimes against humanity during the world wars.

Lessons learned now teach us that we can solve societal problems to necessarily avert information catastrophe. A present day equivalent scenario to the burning of the library of Alexandria would be a simultaneous cyberattack on Amazon, Google, Microsoft, and Apple. The mass deletion would incur a void attractive to mass participation, but would also censor vast talents. Therefore this imperative to destroy identity thieves and seo prospectors, rather than anonymous or hacktivism, serves as the stabilizing force for our society in this day and age.
>>
Op Here really interested in your responses keep em coming
>>
>>18267588
how much more advanced would we be if the rise of christianity hadn't stopped science for 1,000 years?
>>
>>18267613
Ain't
>>
>>18268658
It still want Edison that bough it forward it was franklins company that stole the patents from a murded Tesla
>>
File: 1420956807398.jpg (17KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1420956807398.jpg
17KB, 375x375px
Everyone in this thread is an idiot. Neither Tesla nor Edison discovered electricity, it was Franklin at least half a century before. Also Christianity didn't stop scientific progress for a thousand years, many scientists in the middle ages actually worked for the church and monks played a huge role in keep and maintaining scientific knowledge.
>>
>>18270043
DC electricity. You'd have to wire your house with welding cable if franklin had his way
>>
>>18269773
Or if Islam never happened.
>>
>>18270043
This, so many times this. I'm not even a Christian, but it's really annoying how people just ignore the science that Christianity accomplished in the middle ages, Sure, there were advances made that were pushed aside for dogmatic reasons, but it's not as if the church itself was entirely against scientific progress.
>>
>>18268678
thank you for the knowledge anon
>>
>>18268475
No one thinks you're cool for knowing who Tesla was.
>>
>>18267588
3 things ancients discovered that were doused that could have pushed invention.

1. Steam engine originally invented in Rome. Lost during the collapse.
2. Flight, researched heavily through many ages, never funded until two dudes with a bike shop said fuck the police.
3. Non-flamable energy sources, pursued in the middle east with fermented fruit acids in small jars with bits of primitive wire. Theories sat that they were used to fuse gold plate onto silver but that's been rejected. However it has been proven to be a bttery that can produce electricity. Called a Baghdad battery
>>
>>18267715
This is why /x/ can't have nice things
>>
>>18271641
They acted like a filter and held the investigations they personally allowed and funded be done with the churchs view in hand. Even though if you dont acknoledge how much the church outright destroyed during their upbringing and supressed with their power your blind boi
>>
>>18271930
I seriously thought edison was the electricoty guy
no one corrected me irl when i stated this
(Maybe they wer just being polite)
>>
>>18271812
if there was no "flight" there would be no atom bomb dropping on major city's.

just saying.
>>
>>18272058
Learn to read dumbass
>>
>>18271812
>>18267715 OP here thanks for adding some things but I already mentioned Baghdad batteries
>>
>>18273326
Fuck I meant 18267794
>>
>>18268596

>In Europe, the repression from the Catholic Church caused some issues

Name one.

>>18271935

But the pagans who sacked Rome and the Mohammedins who sacked Byzantium did nothing to hinder scientific progress, right?

It was God's plan that Alexandria was lost. What if the Mohammedins had got hold of it? What if the Reign of Terror (France) had been advanced 300 years when they took power? The entire European and Asian continent would have been under a Communist tyranny. No, it is good the knowledge was taken from us. We were not ready.
>>
>>18273710
Stifling of the heliocentric model.
>>
>>18271935
Let's take a look at my previous post
>>18271641
>there were advances made that were pushed aside for dogmatic reasons

Pushed aside/Destroyed/suppressed... I don't deny this. My point is that there would have been next to nothing in Europe without the church because they were the only entity with sufficient power to maintain some semblance of the Western Roman infrastructure. I think it's a good thing that some entity held on to something (even if they suppressed other information), rather than the knowledge being lost entirely.

>They ... held the investigations they personally allowed and funded be done with the churchs view in hand
Of course their method wasn't scientific, we hadn't developed the scientific method yet. And of course they attempted to maintain their power, that's what entities who have power do, especially one which is dogmatic. Again, as I said,
>there were advances made that were pushed aside for dogmatic reasons
>>
File: 1434061768768.jpg (305KB, 1056x1342px) Image search: [Google]
1434061768768.jpg
305KB, 1056x1342px
>>18267666
All that was lost wasn't all likely lost in one night, in just one fire. Scrolls were getting lost over the course of decades from multiple conflicts.
Also, hail satan trips.
>>
With all this talk about the christian “dark ages” of science, something I'm wondering:

What about china? China was pretty much the dominant scientific power at one point, what happened in its evolution? It didn't get cucked by christianity, did it? If so, what happened? How come they were about as advanced as we are (before the internet, at any rate)?
>>
File: ArchangelIsrafilBinLalish.jpg (44KB, 233x300px) Image search: [Google]
ArchangelIsrafilBinLalish.jpg
44KB, 233x300px
>>18271660
I thought I was being a demagogue or ethicist.
I do not usually consider myself as a teacher, but I welcome your thanks.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnO-_4X63xk
>>
>>18274637
Mongols put a dent in China, then later there was colonization of China. Plus early advancement doesn't mean consistent advancement.
>>
It's commonly refered to the Dark Ages due to the lack of significant cultural achievements. Scientific study was still being undertaken mostly by monks or at other Christian universities.
And while some scienes were actively surpressrd by the church (ex. Astronomy, Archaeology), some were being pursued vigorously. Sciences such as biology, chemistry, geology, structural engineering.
>>
>>18267794

Well the Egyptians reportedly invented the earliest light bulbs
>>
We have been on the moon since the thirties, and have been expanding with ET help.
Full disclosure is coming soon, and a lot of you will be shitting your britches how much you've been lied to.

Gaia.com, Cosmic Disclosure series, season 5. Find the free hour long episode.
>>
>>18273710

>Name one

The Spanish Inquistion

>the assholes who sacked Byzantium

Don't look now, but there is credible proof the Renaissance was started by former Eastern Roman Empire Greeks looking to take back the Byzantine Empire from the Ottoman Turks
>>
>>18267613
>ourselfes
>>
>>18274637
They were advanced a long time ago but pretty much stagnated. Their culture didn't advance much and neither did their technology really compared to the west over the past 400 or so years.
>>
File: 1477592094668.jpg (661KB, 958x775px) Image search: [Google]
1477592094668.jpg
661KB, 958x775px
sadly we would still be locked by the ones who control us now .
the burning was sadly insignificant to the powers that own earth. they will never allow us back into space.
>>
>>18267588
>How much more advanced do you think the human race would be if the library of Alexandria had not been burned down and we had not been set back nearly 300 years

Advanced enough for OP to not be a faggot.
>>
It was probably filled with books on how to suck your own dick
>>
Honestly though if things in it was that important they would've been oral traditions and there would have been copies of it as well.

We don't store the only knowledge how to build a nuclear reactor on one USB-drive in one library
>>
>>18267768

>men

Triggered.jpg
>>
>>18270151
Edison pioneered dc, tesla came up with ac.
>>
>>18267588

All it was, was a library. Full of ancient hellenic scrolls.

Our history might extend further than 3000 years but that's about it.

It was burned down by (((THEM))) though. So who knows?
>>
>>18271812
>Steam engine originally invented in Rome. Lost during the collapse.

>YOU WILL NEVER SEE A STEAM PUNK ROME

y live

Apparently their concrete mix was superior as well.
>>
>>18274637
>It didn't get cucked by christianity, did it

Heh.. No that's not it, goy.
>>
>mfw I am all the recent posts

Shit man JFMSU
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.