[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apartment MAY be haunted: What do I do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

I moved into a new apartment in May. I won't bore you with nuanced details, but the previous owner was a 90-year-old artist. He died in transit on a a bus journey; heart attack got him. I know of this because my neighbors told me the story.

After a few months of living here, nothing spooky happened. After a while though, there were a few incidents of things being misplaced or small objects (credit cards) turning up in places I hadn't put them.

I thought nothing of that though, simply lapse in memory. Then a door or two would be open where I had sworn I closed it the night before. This has been happening for a while, and the worst incident was hearing a man whistling in my left ear when clearly no one is there.

Finally, I took a trip for 7 days. My mum called my cellphone and asked who was using my home phone. I told her she was bullshitting, that it's impossible since I'm away from home.

So I call my telecommunications provider and they recite to me the call history. I had a panic attack when they told me my phone at home had been used for hours on the 9th, 10th, and 11th of October (this year).

I had left for my trip on the 8th. I was not at home, so this was clearly fucked up. When I returned, nothing seemed suspicious. No breaking or entering, not a hair out of place. The phone however was out of it's charging cradle and was on the floor by my bed.

That's about it. Is this a 'haunting' or can there be other explanations? I genuinely do not want to believe in ghosts (I'm a skeptic). And I'm more than willing to call bullshit somewhere. What do /x/?
>>
my first thought would not be that it's a ghost
>>
Buy CCTVs in the apartment. You can film something unorthodox and have that as an evidence.

Buy yourself an EMF detector.

EMF detectors can be purchased online, for anywhere between $20 and several hundred dollars. It mesures changes or disruptions to surrounding electrical fields, which may indicate the presence of a ghost.

An infrared thermal scanner is also usefull since it can detect hot or cold spots caused by energy-sucking ghosts (however, the scanner is pretty expensive and if you have money to throw around, I don't see why you shouldn't buy it.)

Use the candle method.
The candle method is good for trapping pesky spirits who are causing trouble around the home.
Take a large glass jar, open the lid and place a candle inside. At midnight, light the candle and place the jar in a central point at the haunted location.

Good hunting.
>>
File: 50292796.jpg (108KB, 500x323px) Image search: [Google]
50292796.jpg
108KB, 500x323px
>>18266380
Oh, and two more things. Try to find a room where the ghost is the most present. Usually a medium can detect such this but you can too if you keep some kind of activity record of unorthodox shit.

One more thing about Candle Method.

Once you have confirmed the ghost's presence inside the jar, tightly replace the lip. The candle will burn out on its own. Keep the jar tightly sealed as long as you wish to hold the ghost captive. If the jar is opened or broken, the spirit will be released and might come to exact revenge on its captor.
>>
I also suggest putting up cameras if you have the money. Another thaught i had was maybe someone like the building owner who has a key is breaking in to your apartment and doing things.
>>
>>18266514
What kind of loser n00b ghost doesn't know how to phase through a layer of glass...?
>>
>>18266380
Well the cameras are a good idea but I'd say sit alone at night, nothing on in complete darkness and if nothing happens then it's just your paranoia. It's cheaper and less effort.
>>
File: jakedalton.jpg (37KB, 469x512px) Image search: [Google]
jakedalton.jpg
37KB, 469x512px
>>18266380

I agree with >>18266413 in that my first thought is that it would not be a ghost. It sounds like you had visitors while you were away. :(
>>
>>18266380
How did your mom know your phone was being used? Did whoever or whatever it was call her? What did they say when she picked up?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.