[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this book Bullshit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: radin-dean-supernormal.png (699KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
radin-dean-supernormal.png
699KB, 1024x576px
Yo, I am hearing all over the internet that he is just doing pseudoscience, and that he is a liar. Idk though, has anybody read it over here? And do you consider him a pseudoscientist, as for example rationalwiki?
>>
>>18263314

If you're genuinely interested in the nature of reality, consciousness, and other big questions you should go learn some real physics, math, and psychology before reading books like this. That way you could think about it for yourself, instead of having to parse the information through several layers of middlemen and "expert analysis".

Of course, it's more likely you're not really as curious as you think you are. You probably only want someone to endorse your presently held beliefs.
>>
Well, I am a nihilist, I believe in nothing. I just wanted to know, if there is something going on.
>>
>>18263314

Stop listening to everyone. That means both sides of the barricades. Yes, both the crazy new age quacks, and the shizo "rational" scientists.

Read the book, do the experiments SERIOUSLY.

Not sure what the book is about, but I get a huge cringe every time this topic gets introduced.

Do you know why? Because 99.9999% of people are little bitches that don't actually test anything, and simply accept everything that someone suggests to them.

There is nothing paranormal about these things, its only intelligent but not very smart(yes, different things) people that have a hard time grasping this.

TLDR. Shit exists, just the sheeple can't grasp it, because slave conditioning(aka, inability to draw your own conclusions about reality)
>>
I agree on this one. This book is about psychic phenomena, and I have no clue if they are authentic or not. He Dean Radin is often labeld as pseudoscientist, as everyone who is engaged in stuff like that.
>>
>>18263314
A closer eye to all of the arguments levied against Radin will show that they all boil down to:

>that can't be right because that stuff doesn't real!

Seriously. The argument is circular: Because we've believed for so long that the mind cannot affect the world (without some obvious intermediary mechanism) then it simply cannot. Therefore, Radin's work is wrong. It's wrong because it can't be right because we say so.

At no point is there an attempt to point out flaws in his methodology. Why? Because they can't. Radin does good, solid science and that's why he's so compelling.
>>
File: IMG_1820.jpg (50KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1820.jpg
50KB, 500x750px
>>18265468
This guy is a huge faggot.
>>
>>18267078
>let me post one of my pictures from my slut folder
Wew
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.