[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The /x/ Files, Issue Forty-Nine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 17

File: all-seeing-eye.png (7KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
all-seeing-eye.png
7KB, 400x300px
Greetings, and welcome to The /x/ Files, the weekly news digest for 4chan's Paranormal board. Every Sunday, we take a quick snapshot of the mysterious world around us and bring it, in an easily readable magazine format, to the board. I am The Editor, the anonymous creator of this idea and collector of the news that will be following below. In the interests of legitimacy, I will be using a secure tripcode to post the thread; once the posts are completed, I will take the tripcode off and return to my anonymity.

Hey, look at that, a full issue for once

This week: more mad science fuckery, Pyramid power, and clickbait codices, plus the usual roundup of podcasts and C2C shite. Next week, a Halloween edition for obvious reasons!
We're almost up to a year, Anons! Only two more weeks to go!

Table of Contents:

1: Paranormal News of the Week
2: Paranormal Article of the Week
3: Radio Show Roundup
4: Paranormal Podcasts
5: Editor's Note
>>
Paranormal News of the Week

Worms Discovered Farming

Marine worms have been spotted growing sprouts in their burrows, a type of cultivation never seen before in animals other than humans.

Ragworms were thought to consume the seeds of cordgrass, an abundant plant in the coastal habitats where they live. But the seeds have a tough husk, so it was a mystery how the worms could access the edible interior. Zhenchang Zhu at the Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research in Yerseke and his team have now discovered the worms’ surprising trick: they bury the seeds and wait for them to germinate, later feeding on the juicy sprouting shoots. The sprouts, which are rich in protein, fats and amino acids, are more nutritious compared to the raw seeds. “The process of sprouting improves the digestibility and quality of the food,” says Zhu.

Ragworms are not the first animals to take up farming. Some beetles, termites and ants have cultivated fungus since long before humans started growing crops. And there are likely to be further examples: Zhu and his team think the ragworms may be cultivating bacteria in their burrows as a source of food, too. The researchers also suspect that earthworms could be sprout-growers, because they are thought to supplement their diets with seeds.

Full Story: https://www.newscientist.com/article/2109058-worms-seen-farming-plants-to-be-eaten-later-for-the-first-time
>>
Scientists Create Mice From Artificial Eggs

Japanese scientists have succeeded in creating female mouse eggs using cells from the animals' tails.

In what has been described as a 'remarkable' breakthrough, researchers from Kyushu University not only managed to create viable eggs in a laboratory but even succeeded in having a female mouse bring them to term. The technique involved taking tissue cells from the tail of a mouse and then reprogramming them as stem cells to turn them in to eggs. These were then fertilized and implanted in to a female mouse. The resulting pups turned out to be perfectly healthy despite their unique conception.

"This is the first time a functional egg has been produced from stem cells in culture which gives us some clue to human egg production from stem cells," said Professor Katsuhiko Hayashi. "We need to now carefully look at the quality of mouse artificial eggs. This kind of quality check will contribute to an application to humans in future."

British experts hailed the research as 'very important', a ‘remarkable achievement’ and the ‘first convincing evidence’ that eggs could be made entirely artificially. Richard Anderson, professor of clinical reproductive science at the University of Edinburgh, said: “This is the first report of anyone being able to develop fully mature and fertilisable eggs in a laboratory setting right through from the earliest stages of egg development."

Full Story: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/10/17/scientists-make-live-animals-from-artificial-eggs-in-remarkable/
>>
Two Secret Rooms Found Within the Great Pyramid of Giza

In continuation of a story The /x/ Files has been following, two previously-unknown cavities have been identified within the walls of Egypt's Great Pyramid of Giza.

The discovery was made through a collaborative project known as 'Scan Pyramids' which, by combining the efforts of multiple universities and scientific institutes, aims to unravel the secrets of these ancient structures by applying state-of-the-art scanning and 3D modelling techniques. This week's results, which were obtained using a method known as muography, have revealed the presence of two mysterious voids within the Great Pyramid - one on its northeastern edge and another behind its descending corridor. It isn't clear yet what lies within these empty spaces however the possibility exists that they could be secret chambers that have managed to remain undiscovered for thousands of years.

"We are now able to confirm the existence of a 'void' hidden behind the North Face, that could have the form of at least one corridor going inside the Great Pyramid," the team wrote in a press release. "The precise shape, size, and exact position of this void is now under further investigation. It should be done with the help of 12 new Muon Emulsion plates that are installed in the descending corridor, and will be collected by the end of October 2016."

Ashraf Mohie el-Din, of Egypt's Ministry of Antiquities, said that it was wrong to be hasty in predicting the nature of the two cavities, which are being examined archaeologically. He went on to say that the scientists conducting radiography scans of the pyriamids should continue their work for another year, adding that additional tests can be conducted to determine the size, nature and function of the recently discovered features.

Full Story: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/10/18/scientists-discover-two-mysterious-chambers-in-the-great-pyramid/
>>
Paranormal Article of the Week

10 of the Most Mysterious Ancient Manuscripts

Dating back hundreds to thousands of years, codices can reveal much about an ancient culture, that is, if you can decipher the text. Often written in an outdated language with unfamiliar grammar, these codices take careful analysis to crack their meanings. Some continue to completely baffle archaeologists and other scientists, while others have divulged just enough of their meaning to intrigue.

From an Egyptian book full of magic spells to a text written in an unknown language, Live Science takes a look at 10 of the most mysterious ancient manuscripts.

Full Article: http://www.livescience.com/56507-mysterious-ancient-codices.html
>>
File: Coast.png (200KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Coast.png
200KB, 512x512px
Coast to Coast AM with George Noory

Monday: Banking Whistleblower/ Strange Victoriana

In the first half, retired financial industry professional Bradley Birkenfeld discussed how he blew the whistle on decades of dirty dealings by Swiss banks — and brought down a corrupt system that enabled powerful, moneyed people to hide assets and evade taxes. In the latter half, an associate professor at Cardiff University in Wales, Jan Bondeson shared his most recent work on Fortean stories from Victorian times, like eagle abductions, medical freaks, extraordinary animals, Dog-Faced Men, and reincarnated cats.

Tuesday: Alternative Health/ Mysterious Cryptids

In the first half, Dr. Joel Wallach shared the benefits of remedies and supplements that aid in the body's recovery from many diseases and ailments. In the latter half, cryptozoologist Ken Gerhard, who has traveled around the world searching for evidence of mysterious animals, discussed a wide variety of creatures.

Wednesday: Zeta Messages & Planet X

The first half featured Open Lines. In the second half, emissary to the extraterrestrial Zetas, and lifetime contactee, Nancy Lieder shared messages from the Zetas, including the latest revelations about Planet X or Nibiru, and addressed how predictions by the Zetas are coming to fruition related to plate movements, volcanoes, and an Earth wobble.

Thursday: Astrology/ Secret Societies

In the first half, astrologer Mark Lerner discussed how astrological patterns in birth charts, and astrological sky cycles can affect people's lives and the financial markets. In the latter half, researcher and author Robert Howells talked about how old secret societies were driven by the same impulse as Anonymous and WikiLeaks are today.

Friday: Monsters Among Us

Researcher and monster investigator Linda Godfrey discussed her strange creature investigations and the bizarre discoveries associated with them. Open Lines followed.
>>
File: Podcasts.jpg (182KB, 1054x1157px) Image search: [Google]
Podcasts.jpg
182KB, 1054x1157px
Paranormal Podcasts

Last Podcast on the Left: Listener Stories III: War Edition

It’s time for our annual listener stories episode and do we have a helluva one for you this year. From the trenches of World War I to the back alleys of Iraq and beyond to the testing fields of Area 51 (plus some trolls and such), it’s an inadvertent war edition of creepy stories from you, the listener!

Link: http://cavecomedyradio.com/podcast-episode/9550/

Paranormal Podcast: Kindred Spirits - Ghostland

Amy Bruni and Adam Berry join us to discuss their new TLC TV series Kindred Spirits. In part two, Colin Dickey to talk about his paranormal survey of the US that he recounted in his new book Ghostland.

Link: http://jimharold.com/kindred-spirits-ghostland-paranormal-podcast-452/

The Paracast: October 23rd, 2016

Fans of 70s and 80s rock might recall the name Gary Lachman, or his stage name, Gary Valentine, who was a founding member of Blondie, but left the band before it hit the big time. Since leaving show business, Gary has become “the author of more than a dozen books on the meeting ground between consciousness, culture, and the western inner tradition.” His latest work is entitled, “Beyond the Robot: The Life and Work of Colin Wilson,” about someone regarded as “one of the most underrated and defiant scholars of the 20th century.” Gary will also offer some insights into his musical career, New York’s rock scene in the late 1970s, and the interest of rock musicians in mystic subjects.

Link: http://www.theparacast.com/

Mysterious Universe: 16.15

Cryptozoologist Ken Gerhard joins us this week to discuss his new compendium of bizarre entity sightings ‘A Menagerie of Mysterious Beasts: Encounters with Cryptid Creatures‘.
Gerhard shares his childhood experience with the infamous Minnesota Iceman exhibit that had two legendary zoologists convinced of its flesh and blood reality.

Link: http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2016/10/16-15-mu-podcast/
>>
Expanded Perspectives: Otherworldy Odors and Supernatural Scents with Joshua Cutchin

On this episode of Expanded Perspectives week talk with friend and author Joshua Cutchin about his latest book “The Brimstone Deceit“. Witnesses the world over claim to see spirits, UFOs, Sasquatch, and other phenomena that are not supposed to exist. Most cannot believe their eyes, yet some of these observers have also detected evidence of a more ephemeral nature–odors abound, in particular the stench of brimstone. In the first book of its kind, Joshua Cutchin, author of the highly praised A Trojan Feast, documents these uncommon scents and poses a startling possibility… that smell is a sense ripe for deception. We trust our eyes and ears, but should we trust our noses?

Link: http://www.expandedperspectives.com/otherworldly-odors-and-supernatural-scents-with-joshua-cutchin/

Skeptoid: Defusing India's Ancient Atomic Blasts

The facts behind an urban legend claiming a nuclear war in India some 12,000 years ago.

Link: https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4541

Thinking Sideways Podcast: Min Min Lights

Australians have been seeing strange glowing lights in the Outback for decades. Some stories say they approach, others say that they keep a consistent distance, and yet others say they change color and make noise. What has been lighting up the Outback for at least the last 150 years?

Link: http://thinkingsidewayspodcast.libsyn.com/min-min-lights
>>
Astonishing Legends: Mothman

All legends are local in a way, and when one local person tells a tale of a strange encounter, it can be a cause for skeptical snickers from the townsfolk. When more than a hundred people from the same region all see the same thing, it can lead to books, a major Motion Picture and even an annual festival. Such is the case with Point Pleasant, West Virginia and the Ohio River Valley’s own “Mothman” — whose local sightings turned into national legend. There are several elements that contribute to the intense curiosity that still surrounds the stories of the Mothman, himself described as a winged, humanoid creature with glowing red eyes and a sympathetic, if mysterious nature. One of them is the sudden appearance of a friendly, inter-dimensional road tripper named Indrid Cold who just wants to get to know you better and may be searching for a cryptid on the loose . Another is the unsettling thought that these encounters may have portended a disaster that took the lives of 46 people exactly 13 months later.

Link: https://www.astonishinglegends.com/portfolio/ep-050-mothman/

Blurry Photos Podcast: The Murder of Charles Walton

The boys travel to 1945 England to investigate the strange murder of Charles Walton. An unsolved mystery since 1945, the murder of Charles Walton has been attributed to witchcraft, druidry, greed, grims, and anything in between. What happened to a poor old farm laborer from Warwickshire on a cold February day? Rumors swirled about his reclusive nature, but no one truly knew what was fact and what was fiction. Was he a lonely old man, or a clever witch? Even with Scotland Yard involved, the case was murky, and anyone and everyone seemed a suspect.

Link: http://www.blurryphotos.org/ep-164-the-murder-of-charles-walton/
>>
Stuff They Don't Want You to Know Podcast: Election, Part I: Top Trump Conspiracies

Donald Trump has captured global attention in his campaign for the Presidency – and, like his Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton, no small amount of controversy. So is there any truth to the massive conspiracy theories surrounding Trump? Tune in to hear more about the facts and fiction of the Trump campaign, from the rumors of tax dodging to false flag candidates and more. (And don’t worry, folks, part II is all about the Clinton campaign.)

Link: http://www.stufftheydontwantyoutoknow.com/podcasts/top-trump-conspiracies.htm

The Higherside Chats Podcast: Laird Scranton | Velikovsky & The Dogon Tribe Mystery

Join Greg Carlwood of The Higherside Chats as he talks about the advanced knowledge of the Dogon Tribe in Africa, the work of Immanuel Velikovsky, and comparative cosmology with guest, Laird Scranton.

Link: http://thehighersidechats.com/laird-scranton-velikovsky-the-dogon-tribe-mystery/

The Dark Myths Collective:

We are a group of podcasters dedicated to producing high quality and emotionally power-packed listening experiences. While our shows span the full spectrum of genres from history to fiction to crime stories, what binds them together is that they explore the darker side. This allows you to cross genres and discover podcasts you might not have found.

Link: http://darkmyths.org
>>
File: editors-note.png (10KB, 380x141px) Image search: [Google]
editors-note.png
10KB, 380x141px
Fuck, man. I don't know what to put in our one year anniversary issue. Gimme some ideas, you bastards!

Archive: https://4chanxfiles.wordpress.com/

Email: [email protected]

Until Next Time
>>
Good job editor
your shit is always goat
>>
File: americanhero.png (524KB, 637x472px) Image search: [Google]
americanhero.png
524KB, 637x472px
Quality, informative posting.
This is how it could be, this is how it should be.

Thanks again, looking forward to issue 50
>>
>>18263152
Hello
I love you
Won't you get in my van
>>
>>18263152
Cheers, Ed
>>
File: 1476479776023.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1476479776023.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
Bump for consistently good thread
>>
File: FB_IMG_1477118064823.jpg (33KB, 680x593px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1477118064823.jpg
33KB, 680x593px
>mfw people consider this a good thread

Only thing good is Last Podcast on the Left
>>
File: 1336282071992.jpg (42KB, 429x416px) Image search: [Google]
1336282071992.jpg
42KB, 429x416px
>>18264881
>MFW You're so new you think this is a bad /x/ thread
>>
File: 1477111766139.gif (2MB, 480x250px) Image search: [Google]
1477111766139.gif
2MB, 480x250px
>>18264917

>mfw people also think that the troll/rp/etc. threads make a slightly less retarded thread good
>>
>>18264881
>>18264924
kys
>>
File: 1329738073422.png (166KB, 336x279px) Image search: [Google]
1329738073422.png
166KB, 336x279px
>>18264924
>MFW The Editor shut down the last tool who thought his threads weren't up to snuff
>MFW he's gonna shut you down too
>>
>>18264932
You kill me
>>
File: IMG_20161021_220551.jpg (31KB, 332x348px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161021_220551.jpg
31KB, 332x348px
>>18264947
>mfw you think you can "shut down" the truth just because you buy the garbage on coast to coast and don't like someone ragging on it
>>
>>18264965

Alright, Cupcake. It's time for you to go.

You walk into the thread and badmouth it while posting 'funny' reactions like some fucking le 9gag faggot, all edgy and cool, when in reality you're just a sad little troll.

I have established, over the course of a year, a level of credibility (on 4chan, no less) that you will never achieve in your pissant little life.

For 47 weeks, until a fucking HURRICANE hit my house and killed my power, I posted this fucking thread every Sunday without fail. I've done the legwork. I've scoured the internet for news. I've taken constructive criticism. I put out an email address (That has twice had hacking attempts) so people could speak to me directly. I've collaborated with people on this board to put out quality threads and OC.

I've fucking done something to make /x/ a better board, and all you can do is shit on my efforts? Put up or shut up, you weasel fuck. If you think you're hot shit, outdo me. I double dog dare you. Hit me with your best shot. Prove that my threads are garbage with a better thread of your own, and I'll hang it up that very second.

But you won't do that, will you? You're just another yellowbellied beta anon, taking pot shots at the big dogs. Because you KNOW you couldn't do better, even if you tried, and you're the kind of wormy little faggot that gets jealous of others' success. So fuck off out my thread, shitposter.

TL;DR 1/10, got me to reply.

>>18264947
>>18264917

Don't feed the trolls, Anon.
>>
File: enthusiastic.jpg (212KB, 1268x1695px) Image search: [Google]
enthusiastic.jpg
212KB, 1268x1695px
>>18265066
absolutely brutal

godspeed anon, nice work as always
>>
Excellent post. The cancerous tulpa, tarot and magic threads almost made me leave x. Gave it one last shot and found this gem! Good stuff man, good stuff.
Now if only tulpa and magic fags would get rectal cancer and finally fucking die.
>>
File: 1477117345075.jpg (78KB, 960x922px) Image search: [Google]
1477117345075.jpg
78KB, 960x922px
>>18265066
lol what a waste of your time wow can't believe you're so proud. Do you think your dead mother would be as proud that you devote so much time and energy to post onl what's probably one of the shittiest boards on the internet? The same board that constantly ask to summon succubi or debate about whether or not the earth is flat? lol you're a bigger faggot than your dick riding fanboys. Why even post such a long response? Because you're expected to or because you want to feel like you won something when I inevitably get bored and quit browsing?

>how I imagine you behind the screen
>>
>>18265165
(You)
>>
>>18265176
?
>>
File: 1456590072354.jpg (23KB, 535x425px) Image search: [Google]
1456590072354.jpg
23KB, 535x425px
>>18265165
Ed went too hard for something so small, but that was a really soft comeback on your part my man.
>how I imagine you behind the screen
Fuck is this luke warm shit?
>>
File: 1410123908727.jpg (93KB, 450x676px) Image search: [Google]
1410123908727.jpg
93KB, 450x676px
Bump for good content
>>
>>18265066
Savage

>>18265165
Please die pussy ass fuccboi
>>
You are the man for making these threads anon.

Make /x/ great again
>>
>>18265165
After reading Ed rip you a new one, that was a weak ass attempt at a come back
>>
File: Sleep Tight Porker.jpg (49KB, 590x582px) Image search: [Google]
Sleep Tight Porker.jpg
49KB, 590x582px
Bump
>>
>>18265165
Oh my God this guy is fucking retard.

The editor just cucked you famalam
>>
>>18269815
Sleep tight porker
>>
File: 1477197503518.jpg (171KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
1477197503518.jpg
171KB, 500x628px
>>18265165
I'm sorry anon. I can sense your passion and suffering. I hope you're life is not miserable soon. First step would be thrusting your first in your ass hole to yank your fat head out of your poop chute. Next study comedy so you can learn to laugh at your shit life and maybe have some decent conversations. Step up nigga.
>mfw
>>
>>18269815
sleep tight porker
>>
>>18269815
sleep tight porker
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.