[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT I went and saw this move last night.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: Ouija_two_xxlg.jpg (30KB, 250x397px) Image search: [Google]
Ouija_two_xxlg.jpg
30KB, 250x397px
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
I went and saw this move last night. I highly recommend that you don't go and see it. Not because it's too spooky, but becsuse its pretty lame. Its basically "jump scares- the movie" with mild paranormal themes. Genuinely a pretty forgettable experience. Go and watch the conjuring, or the exorcist even. Both are better than this. End of PSA
>>
Yep, shit movie
>>
>>18260335
I saw the original last october. It was pretty bad, though I did get jumpscared by the oven turning on in the beginning which was quite pathetic. That made me realize what kind of a movie it was going to be, so the jumpscares were stale from there on out.
>>
>>18260335
I figured as much from the trailer. Most horror nowadays is normie bait shock value over story anyways. It's hard to find one with any depth.
>>
>>18260335

Lmao that movie did suck so much donkey ass. All movies involving Ouijas suck though.
>>
>>18260335
>a movie named after a pre-teens board game
>it sucks

WOAH, what a surprise anon. Tell me more.
>>
>>18260335
wait. they did another ouija movie? wtf
>>
It cant be worse than The Woman in Black 2. I remember being able to literally count down every single jumpscare before it happened, they were that predictable.
>>
Oh, you PLEBES, you want to talk about terrible Ouija board movies, forget about the sequel and watch the rip off, the "Ouija Experiment". Holy crap, that was painful to watch.
>>
>>18262070
i mean, some did it well… right?
>>
>>18261904
the quite hush hush movie was good. the one with the blind old guy.
>>
>>18260335
I could tell that without even seeing it
>>
>>18260335
Witchboard (1986) is a better movie
>>
>>18264220
Anything from the 80s>most modern stuff
>>
>>18264228
member the eighties?
>>
>>18264304
nah, im was born in the 90's
>>
You know after only watching youtube clips of this movie, I called it yet again. I remember the same shit happening for the gallows and then unfriended and then krampus and so on and so on.

It's easy to see a bad film, short clips about 5 seconds long, too many commercials for it about, suddenly know one's talking about it.

And let's not forget terrible title seriously origin of evil, I mean come on guys you could have at least put some 6's in there and a pentagram to really make it seem SPOOKY.
>>
I have to be totally honest, I was born in 1995, and I grew up surrounded by horror movies. I loved and adored them, but it soon became apparent that I was no longer getting spooped by them.
For quite a while now, I have been looking for a horror film that would scare me outta my skin, but to no avail, haven't found one. I tried looking at horror films from the 80's upwards, but haven't found anything remotely scary.

If you could, i'd love some recommendations for horror movies that have not only scared you, but scarred you.
>>
>>18260335
>Its basically "jump scares- the movie"

>goes to watch a horror movie
>not expecting basic horror mechanics

Are you gay?
>>
speaking of shit horror movies, is VHS supposed to actually be good or is it praised ironically by this board? I got about 30~ mins in or so with my girl and we were both so bored and uninterested we ended up just watching something else. I'm wondering if I should even bother to finish it when I'm alone or leave it be.
>>
what movie you guys recomend/?
>>
>>18265724
VHS 2 was decent. It was kinda cool, but not really scary.
>>
>>18266051
Hush was breddy gud
>>
>>18266051
The newer Blair witch is surprisingly good
>>
>>18260335
>Go and watch the conjuring
Why? Ouija heavely reminded me of The Conjuring, actually. They're pretty much the same movie, and both are pretty mediocre really.
>>
>>18265425
You are part of the problem.
>>
File: weegee board.jpg (107KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
weegee board.jpg
107KB, 640x480px
>mfw people always mispronounce "ouija"
I have never in my life heard an A pronounced like that on its own.

And ew, jump scares. It's like the horror equivalent of farts. Cheap gags without efficient buildup or forethought.

Puns too. But I'm aware of the irony.
>>
File: 1464630045240.png (136KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
1464630045240.png
136KB, 500x352px
I've only seen the first Ouija. Pretty bland, but my main problem with it is that it's written as a mystery. In the end, when the mystery is solved it feels like their over explaining. Horror films don't have to make perfect sense. Ghost's don't have to make sense. Keep it mysterious, I say.
>>
Was it better than the first Ouija, at least? Not a huge feat, I realize, but...
>>
File: member-berries.jpg (68KB, 869x501px) Image search: [Google]
member-berries.jpg
68KB, 869x501px
>>18264304
>>
>>18267563
I am 32 and have heard weegee my entire life. only as an adult did I even think about your pic related. Now its what I always think about when those parker brother toys are mentioned
>>
gb2
>>>/tv/
>>
>>18266280
I liked Hush but it became a thriller pretty quickly. But I just prefer more ominous films that are more about atmosphere
>>
>>18260335
I went and saw it with my dad
Wasn't a TERRIBLE movie
Had a few good moments here and there. Like when the girl looked in the mirror and saw the evil demon thing.
I've seen worse.
Like the new Blair Witch movie.
>>
Pro Tip
Dont see any pg-13 horror movies

Retards
>>
Can someone recommend me some horror\spooky\suspenseful etc movies?

I don't really watch many movies so I wouldn't have seen even fairly common ones.
>>
Do not listen to this poster
>>18266305
>>
>>18271647
The Eclipse. It's different, it's more horror/spooky tones throughout the whole thing with the best placed jumpscares ive ever seen in a film. They do it right. It's also borders on a drama though, which works out decent though.

An Irish film.
>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1346961/
>>
I didn't like how the movie played extremely loud noises at the same time as the jumpo scares.

I'm leaving the typo I think its funny.
>>
>>18272405
>jumpo scares
made me chuckle, makes it sound like it has something to do with the marx brothers
>>
>>18271647
The Babadook
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.