[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lovecraftian beings? or higher existing beings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: img_03.0.png (161KB, 670x461px) Image search: [Google]
img_03.0.png
161KB, 670x461px
Do any lovecraftian beings exist? Or brings that exist on higher planes or exist outside our observable universe?
Could such a thing be possible?
>>
>>18254883
I like reading Lovecraft almost like he was a prophet who didn't realize it. I know people will call me a retard for this, but it's just a thought I like tossing around. Not something I truly believe, but interesting anyway. The prophets of Yahweh, for example, often received their visions in dreams, and the communication/interpretation of these prophetic dreams was a regular occurance. Even non-prophets received prophetic dreams all the time (the baker and pharaoh in Joseph, Nebuchadnezzar etc). Lovecraft always said he didn't believe in the metaphysical, and that his stories were just imagination, but he too received many of his stories in dreams, like the prophets of old. He obviously knew a ton about the occult, and his always stories pull the strangest, most obscure figures from history and he gives them such interesting details. I love googling the random historical figures, gods, phrases, places, and details he brings up, because they always lead to some interesting trivia or forgotten lore.

His short fragment of the story "Azathoth" even seems to suggest this; a man in a bleak city is chosen from his drudgery to receive visions of forgotten events, things from beyond the veil, and things to come, solely because he is there looking.

"And because mere walls and windows must soon drive to madness a man who dreams and reads much, the dweller in that room used night after night to lean out and peer aloft to glimpse some fragment of things beyond the waking world and the greyness of tall cities. After years he began to call the slow-sailing stars by name, and to follow them in fancy when they glided regretfully out of sight; till at length his vision opened to many secret vistas whose existence no common eye suspects. And one night a mighty gulf was bridged, and the dream-haunted skies swelled down to the lonely watcher’s window to merge with the close air of his room and make him a part of their fabulous wonder."
>>
>>18254883
well if faith is measured by how much a culture idolizes a prophet's creations, then I'd say HPL is one of America's foremost prophets.

Without him there is no modern horror novel or horror movie.
>>
>>18254883
not really, they are fiction
>>
>>18255111
Guess what deez nuts ha gotee
>>
>>18255111
Hey retard how u edit posts on fourchan? I mean to put a period instead of a second e
>>
>>18255117
nice one ;)
>>
>>18255124
Thank you.
>>
>>18254883
Is there something wrong with me if I want to fuck that thing?
>>
>>18254883
>Do any lovecraftian beings exist?

No, God killed them all. They used to be known as Behemoth, Leviathan and Zis. Bahamut is still somewhere around there and Falak might want to eat us, but the first one is nothing short of a gentle giant while Falak is terrified of God and wont do jackshit ever.

Therion might be a minor one, but that thing can be slain by humans.
>>
>>18256067
>aren't i le weird /b/chan user? xD
>>
>>18254883
Yes. In books and the imagination.
>>
I like his comments about the dream plane and the idea that it is no less real than our waking life
>>
File: dogecraft.png (243KB, 404x507px) Image search: [Google]
dogecraft.png
243KB, 404x507px
>>18254883
Lovecrap mythos is a retarded meme and his writing is shit. Fuck off faggot.
>>
>>18254883
>Could such a thing be possible?
in an infinitely expanding multiverse, anything is possible.

so yes.
>>
>>18257103
>says the nu male
>>
>>18258707
Don't reply to trolls. Any attention is feeding them.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.