[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

asgardia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 12

thoughts about it
>>
File: 1473415384117.jpg (249KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1473415384117.jpg
249KB, 1920x1080px
It's about time.

Let's just do it. Let us build an embassy for interstellar contact. Am I 100% certain that space people (or speople) will come? No. Am I 100% certain that speople will not come? No. I do not have an expectation in regards to who will come to an interstellar embassy in mind, because it's not for me. It's for any interstellar beings, whether they exist or not.

Think about SETI, right? That's the wrong way to go about things. Spying on ambient signals in space and calling that a "search" for extraterrestrial intelligence is like the government wiretapping your phonelines without your permission to "search" for intelligence. It's like sending spy satellites over Russia, and calling that "foreign relations." That's... not how normal people act. That's not a normal way to have a conversation. That's a very paranoid, and frankly insane way to try and have a conversation.

So, fuck it. Let's bypass all government institutions and just do it ourselves. Let us make an embassy for interstellar travelers, and just wait and see who comes. Because whether or not they show up today, tomorrow, were already here yesterday, or never at all, it would probably be a good idea to have one in place *before* the need arises, don't you think? That's how we begin a dialogue with extraterrestrials. We get together, of our own volition, and build a very clearly designated port of some kind, maybe even on Earth, and simply invite them there.

Not spy on their signals in space. Not force them onto Earth. Not trick them into some sort of spy vs. spy games. Just... y'know. Invite them for a conversation, and maybe tea and biscuits if they like. As if we were sane, socially mature people.
>>
I hope they make it a reality, for now it's pretty much just a concept
>>
What if they already walk among you? We live in a multiverse, so they do not necessarily need a spaceship to land on earth, they only need to observe life on this planet and they shift themselves on it.

Question is, are you ready to shift yourself in a paraller spacetime where you could interact with them?

I love your idea anyway :)
>>
File: 1473244806273.jpg (92KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1473244806273.jpg
92KB, 612x612px
>>18253396
This is precisely why the "calibration" of the sensor for interacting with advanced life forms ought to take a more social direction, and less of a technological one. We're getting there. More and more I'm seeing other humans who can handle the concept that we can be construed as living signals. A "receiver" for an advanced life forms' signal might just as well take the form of an actual reception. With drinks and stuff. To, you know... receive them.

Is it too simple? Does it make too much sense?
>>
I am not sure did I get your idea right, but I see too that we need to think more our lives, how it would be if they would be here, find harmony with that idea and shift ourselves in a timeline where they really could walk among us. Issue is more social than technological. If it would be really benefitical for most of us and match our collective vibration, I believe they would already be here.

So are you sort of inviting them and how?
>>
>>18253359
>interstellar
SPACE. IS. NOT. REAL. The earth is flat.
>>
>>18253317
russian datamining email adresses.
>>
There is a reality where earth is flat, but I would rather keep myself in a reality where it is a ball. But I do not want to judge, if flat earth is your thing, enjoy your time on that flat earth too :) aliens can come there too because they are interdimensional (not just physical beings in our 3D world)

Space is real as long as you keep believing it. Not believing it will shift yourself in a paraller universe where it is not. So I can not tell you are wrong :)
>>
File: 1472788619866.jpg (64KB, 605x584px) Image search: [Google]
1472788619866.jpg
64KB, 605x584px
>>18253470
Like a said. Citizens around the world just need to get together, and build an embassy. Doesn't matter if it's a wood hut, doesn't matter if it's a floating, habitable space station to rival the ISS. The point is to create a space on Earth there is no doubt that it's okay for interstellar life forms to interact in. Give 'em full diplomatic immunity, absolute freedom of communication, and then see what happens.

Maybe we like it and keep it going. Maybe we don't and shut it down. I just have this sense that whatever communities do exist with interstellar capabilities must surely be tied with many more regulations regarding when it is or isn't okay to make contact with less advanced life forms. Us making the first step, by acknowledging of our own accord the possibility of interstellar communities in the public sphere, with an open door policy regarding who is allowed to witness the interactions inside, would go a long way towards establishing meaningful dialogues with such communities.

Rather than waiting for someone to set the rules for us, we could just set our own rules. Say "if you want to make contact with people on Earth, preferably do it here, so that all may participate who wish to do so." And beyond that embassy, maybe not so much. In this way, everyone has free will in the matter. Those that wish to ignore the embassy can do so. Those that wish to participate in it can grow it, perhaps into a city in time. The first sister city with another planet even?

It progresses from there, according to the mutual interest of all parties involved. But the point is to clearly establish a zone that is openly for interstellar travelers, so that those who wish to protest such activities may have an opportunity to do so, those who wish to avoid such interactions will know where not to be, and those who wish to pursue such places will know where to go. Such places are called "embassies."
>>
File: treasure_planet_sailing..jpg (19KB, 330x220px) Image search: [Google]
treasure_planet_sailing..jpg
19KB, 330x220px
>>18253477
Okay. Sure.

The embassy can have a wing for "definitely not interstellar" travelers too. Whatever fabrication you think needs to take place in order to rationalize space not being real, people who are from that fabricated "definitely not actually from space" place would go there to have dialogues with us on "definitely not really Earth."
>>
Wonderful idea and you expressed it in a very good way, and it was easy to read. Im not a native speaker, so sometimes meanings can go by :/

And I also liked the idea that you talked interstrellar visitors as a way they most likely want themselves to be expressed; not anything bogger than god, just normal beings around the multiverse. That is what it most likely will be. They can be a lot smarter than we do, but I believe they only want to interact and observe our world, not necessarily try to make some big difference here.

Any ideas where you would like that kind of embassy to come and how it would seem like? Just one house where anyone could come? With teleport or something? Or some closed place, so nobody else could not see them except those who are ready to interact with ETs?
>>
>>18253477
SPACE. IS. REAL. The earth is round.
>>
File: crop_2633667b.jpg (123KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
crop_2633667b.jpg
123KB, 620x387px
>>18253546
I think any building would work, so long as it had sufficient landing space on the roof. If I could be picky though, openness would be an ideal condition. Imagine large glass windows, that let in lots of light. Multiple floors, so that there is distinction between the public visiting space on the lobby, and the invited guests floor in the even that a UFO actually straight up lands on the roof, or something. But by all means, any goings on should be streamed online to whoever wants to tune in.

There are already enough shady, secretive meeting places in the world. This would be different.

It could be somebody's house sure. But ideally it would be open to the public, 24 / 7, within reasonable limits. It wouldn't make sense to allow humans to live there indefinitely. But those are minor details. Use nametags to keep track of people, don't permit them to stay longer than 24 hour visits without renewal, etc.

I think a vital detail would be landscaping. Apparently, crop circles are a form of communication. So whatever grounds this embassy is on, ought to have very excellent grass for making crop circles on. Both for any interstellar travelers / vandals as the case may be to sculpt as they wish, and for those working at the embassy to respond with.

The main value of such an embassy isn't even actually to have people there. It's mostly just to send the message, "You are welcome on our planet," at least in some places around the world.
>>
Why not, looks like fun. :3
>>
Very very fun and interesting, but where are those hidden places as you told? :)
>>
>>18253532
Why would you want that though? Everyone is an embassy for interdimensional travelers. No need for a temple.
>>
File: skunk-works-tile.jpg (35KB, 170x200px) Image search: [Google]
skunk-works-tile.jpg
35KB, 170x200px
>>18253598
Mostly underground.
>>
File: anime-reaction-mouf.png (283KB, 500x706px) Image search: [Google]
anime-reaction-mouf.png
283KB, 500x706px
>>18253600
That is incorrect.

Everyone is maybe an embassy for interdimensional travelers. You don't get to decide for other people what they let into their own minds. That is for them to decide. Your language was incorrect.

With a physical temple, the question of whether or not a person is allowing themselves to be an embassy for interdimensional travelers is no longer uncertain. Once it is ascertained that they understand what the temple is for, there can be no doubt in anyone's mind what they are there for.

If you don't see the value in this level of transparency, then I am at a loss to communicate it to you. Must I explain why free will is different from lack of free will? Even if you personally do not value the concept, there are those on Earth who do, and I would assume based on our own sample that among interdimensional travelers, there might be those who value free will also. Thus, a clear, transparent signal that indicates a person is willing to receive interdimensional travelers, that all on Earth can agree upon is valuable, to those with such a mindset.

Even if there are those on Earth who do not value a physical location for an embassy, or do not value the possibility of communication with possible interdimensional travelers, they will still have the option of using their senses to understand that is what is going on there. I would be equally interested in seeing who would attempt to censor such a construction. That would in itself be a sort of signal, now wouldn't it?
>>
Are there other englihtened beings who think that we are interdimensional ourselves? I must have been shifted away from our normal reality. Wonderful :) I thought I was the only one who think that way...
>>
>>18253626
No. You're dumb.
>>
>>18253629
You're not enlightened. You're possessed.
>>
File: Infinite_Reflection.jpg (80KB, 620x453px) Image search: [Google]
Infinite_Reflection.jpg
80KB, 620x453px
>>18254120
MFW applying the mind to establish communication is now "possession."
>>
>>18254120
Why do religionfags come to /x? Leave that "possession" bullshit at the door
>>
>>18254190
Are you lost? This is /x/. You must be at least THIS woke to be here.
>>
>>18253629
You're not enlightened. Just retarded
>>
>>18253359
>speople
fantastic
>>
So who's starting the go fund me for the space embassy? It's payday so I got like $10 to blow on spaceniggers
>>
>>18253414
i am ready to meet the ayy lmaos on earth or in asgardia!
>>
I might sound a littlebit retard, because my English is not perfect. Or my English is not perfect because I am a bit retarted :)

But really enghlihtenment is to know that you shift between timelines and create your own universe. Nothing special. Just to know that.

How to be rich? -shift in a timeline where you are rich.

How to have a perfect girl/boyfriend? -shift in to a timeline where you will have her

How to meet Aliens? -just shift in to a timeline where you will meet them.

That is how I see the world is working, and Englihtenment is just to know that.
>>
File: 0012-1336425696173.jpg (61KB, 461x523px) Image search: [Google]
0012-1336425696173.jpg
61KB, 461x523px
>>18253477
>three heavens
inter-heaven travel?
>firmament
we dont have access
>>
File: 0008-1336425469642.png (3KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
0008-1336425469642.png
3KB, 493x402px
>>18253414
>A "receiver" for an advanced life forms'
>opening ones self to demonic possesion
>>
>>18255384
Enlightenment* ;)
>>
File: reception.jpg (355KB, 952x392px) Image search: [Google]
reception.jpg
355KB, 952x392px
>>18257032
Your words not mine.

This is a picture of a reception. A reception is where you receive. Receive what? People. Living signals.

I am suggesting that an advanced community wouldn't think overly much about designing an entire being from the ground up for the sole purpose of going to a reception to exchange communications.

That said, at some point we're going to have to open ourselves up to some form of transmission. Isn't voice just being "demonically possessed" by air waves passing through your ears? Isn't sight just being "demonically possessed" by EMF waves passing through your eyes? The entire of point of establishing a reception would be to provide an ample opportunity for any passerby advanced life forms to know precisely what kind of communication signals that our species are used to, and comfortable with.

Sound waves, light waves, friendly dinner conversation. It's when dinner with ayys isn't a possibility, that communication signals need to take on more clandestine forms in order to reach their intended parties.

But if you really get excited about the idea of having communication signals routed directly through your nervous system, I'm sure you can do that at a reception as well. I personally find it an exhilarating prospect, though I don't really see the point in applying Christian mythos to the concept other than that recently Hollywood has branded demons as edgy and cool, and those things are thrilling to fantasize about.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.