[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to Creepypasta?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: creepyPainting-1152.jpg (135KB, 1152x870px) Image search: [Google]
creepyPainting-1152.jpg
135KB, 1152x870px
So this board way back when used to have all kinds of creepy stories, new ones added all the time, but at some point all that changed. Sure, you'll see a creepypasta thread every now and then, but you never see new creepypasta anymore. (Exception, the occasional inna woods) It's like everyone just decided, "whelp, we've made all the creepy stories possible, people are tired of it, and we're done."

Isn't it a little strange that creepypasta is one of the things that /x/ was built on and now you never see any of it? What changed?
>>
>>18252172
This is just from a personal perspective so take it with a grain of salt.

The board kind of turned to shit and became another /b/. It's pretty much just trolls and shitposting now.

A few of the writing communities moved on... and then imploded due to lack of direction and poor editing (Holders, SCP). There are a few sites out there that collect original horror content but again, quality control is a problem.

One of your best bets for creepypasta is youtube. A lot of the more popular narrators will just rehash the "classics" over and over again but some do have decent original stories.
>>
>>18252172
People decided role playing and trying to summon succubi was more interesting I suppose.

I miss all the investigative shit /x/ used to do. There was always a thread with some new weird/creepy stuff going on.
>>
>>18252183
scp is actually pretty good now. don't really know of any other consistently good creepypasta sites. anyone know of any? also, we still have some pretty good threads every now and again
>>
>>18252172
Because I'm not a fan of writing fiction and I haven't had an /x/ related experience for years.
>>
>>18252172
>"whelp, we've made all the creepy stories possible, people are tired of it, and we're done."
This is kind of true though. Pretty much every creepy lane has now been fully explored and anything worth writing was written. Any new pastas now are pretty much just reahashes of some other existing pastas.
I used to love reading pastas, but then I got to the point where I read all of the good ones and the remaining 90% of pastas are just plain trash.
>>
Listen to the No Sleep podcast anon. Years of well-narrated creepypastas on backlog. You're welcome
>>
>>18252263
>No Sleep podcast
I don't know, they narrated penpal too and anyone who thinks that penpal is a scary """""creepypasta""""" obviously knows nothing about creepy
>>
File: 043-05.jpg (46KB, 840x525px) Image search: [Google]
043-05.jpg
46KB, 840x525px
History of /x/ from an oldfag
1.It begins: the goldean age, people where creating creepy pasta, ARG'S, all kinds of spooky fresh stuff
2. /x/ gets invade by barbarians from /b/, the golden age ends, stupidity and faggots are spread through out the land, the dark age begins "lol but who was phone"?!
3. this age, succubus, tulupa, trolls, and not even good or funny trolls, no real knowledge

There are other, less well known fringe imageboards where we can actually discuss the occult and /x/ tier stuff in peace away from normal faggots, mundanes, and shitty trolls, but you have to find it yourself lad.
>>
>>18252363
/x/ always got raided by /b/ when /b/ went down. They were right next to eachother on the front page.

Most common shitposting threads were 'Is magic real?'

I really hate all these divination threads, rping has always been a thing though.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.