[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hearing Voices at 3 AM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 4

File: 1450544508592 (3).jpg (15KB, 249x220px) Image search: [Google]
1450544508592 (3).jpg
15KB, 249x220px
Up to around a month ago, my wife woke up at 3:00 AM almost every morning and upon waking up she started to hear voices.

According to her description, the voices are "mean" and "say bad stuff". They insult her and say specific things involving future wars and her not having a future. They also degrade her emotionally and attack her insecurities.

She says they are creepy but she got used to this happening as it's been going on for most of her life. Despite this she still strongly feels as if there's a "weird energy around her". She describes this energy as if it's sucking the air out of her, "like being put in a room without oxygen. it makes me feel weak."

Does anyone have an idea as to what might be causing these voices to occur?
Any opinions or questions are welcome.
>>
These are signs of schizophrenia
>>
>>18249556
She is being harassed by spirits for whatever reasons. It may be malicious spirits who exploit her inability to defend herself psychically simply fuck with her. On the other hand, the goal of this harassment might also be to awaken her spiritually by making her learning spiritual self-defense, learning about the world of spirits and starting her journey from here.

Thats how it was with me, I was harassed not out of malicious intent, but rather with the goal to awaken me spiritually.
>>
>>18249574
Can you elaborate on your own experiences, please? We have a feeling that her case is more of the malicious kind you described.

>>18249565
thanks man
>>
>>18249565
Are these bots really trolling every single thread? And yes they may be signs of what we call skitsofrenia
>>
>>18249556
>Does anyone have an idea as to what might be causing these voices to occur?
Its you. Stop badmouthing her at 3 am and let the bitch sleep
>>
Chloe!
>>
>>18249556
Nice pic 7u7

Hearing voices is a symptom of "what we call schizophrenia", as a previous anon wisely termed it, BUT it can be something that happens on its own, too. It's not necessarily accompanied by delusions, or paranoia, or anything else.

Tell her to check the following wepsight? It's a support network for people that hear voices and don't want to fall into the psychiatric meat grinder.

http://www.intervoiceonline.org/

>>18249582

Nice wording, we actually understand jack shit squat about schizophrenia and most other "mental illnesses", and psychiatry is only barely less full of quackery than this board.
>>
File: Mother-of-God-Theotokos-620x350.png (399KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
Mother-of-God-Theotokos-620x350.png
399KB, 620x350px
1Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; 3and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world. 4You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world. 5They are from the world; therefore they speak as from the world, and the world listens to them. 6We are from God; he who knows God listens to us; he who is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.
>>
>>18249598
Thanks for the site, will look into it.
>>
>>18249603
>>18249607
>>18249616
Do these fucking religious fags have to spam every single thread with a gazillion paragraphs from the fucking bible? Fuck off bro.
>>
>>18249603
>>18249607
>>18249616

BEGONE
>>
>>18249680
>>18249731
i am trying to give proper spiritual instruction here thank you very much

- Magnificat
>>
>>18249737

BEGONE
>>
>>18249737
but you dont
>>
>>18249556
Same shit happening to me but soon I realized that there are two mentally ill persons living in the floor below me, the walls and the apartments disposition makes their voices sound incredible crystalline.
>>
>>18249737
No you're not, you are only wasting replies on every thread
>>
>>18249556
The voices are saying things she needs to hear and in order to get through the emotional barriers in place they have to be pretty course. They are touching on the subjects that are about to change in your life.
>>
>>18249827
This sounds interesting, how does it explain the wars that are supposedly going to happen in the future? And according to her the voices just mostly insult her. How would those insults tie into whatever is going to change in our lives?
>>
>>18249879
That sounds like either a result of bouncing those unsettling thoughts around, or some of the details that made it jarring enough to break through the emotional wall.
>>
>>18249899
I see. Why her though? Why are these voices affecting her of all people? Why is she the one that has to go through something as scary as waking up at exactly 3 every morning and hearing demonic voices whisper insults and chaotic prophecies of the future?
>>
In schizophrenia the voices start out as your friend, but slowly deteriorate into torturing the one who has it. Get her some meds and counseling. If the voices persist, it maybe something else.

Don't automatically assume paranormal until you get rid of all other options, especially when your wife's sanity is at stake.
>>
>>18249921
Because she is lucky. When this happens to people they are very suggestible so take care to consider the consequences or bringing up demons and mental illness.
>>
>>18249944
Makes sense. I hope she doesn't go insane or develop some form of alzheimer's.

>>18249978
Got it. Thanks.
>>
>>18249879
Millennials often interpret any criticism of their shortcomings as mean and insulting. Perhaps the spirits are merely attempting to force her to pull herself up by her bootstraps?

Snowflakes melt the moment things get a little warm, do not be a snowflake.
>>
>>18249994
Does she, by any chance, smoke cannabis?

I had a similar event like that while smoking one night alone. Heard a sea of chatter all around me, then heard a voice saying "HEY! GET OUT HERE!" angrily outside my door. About a minute after that, I heard a woman giggle evilly, and the chatter faded away.

It was fucking terrifying. I still hear weird sounds every once in awhile, mostly when smoking but sometimes even when I haven't smoked in weeks/months.
>>
>>18250023
She has only smoked cigarettes since we were teenagers. Sounds like a pretty creepy experience though.
>>
>>18250023
It's because of the fire you dumb cunt
>>
>>18250035
You need spirits that tell you what you want to hear and validate your life decisions.

Because those are good spirits, right?
>>
>>18250054
Right! ;)
>>
>>18249744
Shaktu the God of Buttfucking Antelopes says:

No. And also to prepare your anus for an antelope encounter.
>>
>>18250058
Good, the point was not lost on you then. Sometimes the people that tell us whatever makes us feel good are our worst enemies. As with people, so with spirits.

Understand, I am only pointing out one possibility, there are many more.
>>
>>18249598
>psychiatry is only barely less full of quackery than this board.
Psychiatry is the the containment board of medicine. All the nuts within the field get redirected there.
>>
>>18250240
And gullible lamens.
>>
>>18249556
Schizophrenia, and no, I'm not making fun of your wife. My grandma experiences exactly the same thing
>>
>>18249556
>hypnagogia

Happens to me when I get really stressed and no sleep.

Not sure if schizophrenia though. No auditory hallucinations while fully awake right?
>>
>>18249556
Light to mild schizophrenia, could get worse. Visit a doctor.
>>
Are we not addressing the fact that OPs pic of a cropped picture of anal sex?
>>
>>18249556
First signs of schizophrenia - trouble sleeping, hearing/seeing what isn't there. Especially typical for the voices to say bad things about you, like, textbook typical.
Since it's the opening stage, treatment now will significantly help your wife and remove the symptoms.
Remember, schizophrenia is a progressive disorder, resulting in degeneration. It is important to catch it early, just like cancer.
Get her to a doc ASAP and get rid of idiotic magical thinking that will only destroy your lives, as it will be hard not only or her, but for you as well.
>>18249565
Yep.
>>
>>18252544

Schizophrenia is NOT a degenerative disorder.

What's commonly touted as degenerative symptoms, are actually the side effects of being pumped with poorly understood psychoactive pharmaceuticals for YEARS ON END, while they should be reserved for crisis management, and sometimes they're not even needed.

Better environment, coping strategies, and actually addressing the underlying life and status problems are the key. With chemical backup WHEN NEEDED.

Psychiatric drugs can very well fry your brain, and/or might manifest different disorders further down the line.
>>
>>18252559
You're dumb as bricks.

Schizophrenia gets worse with age, read about the organic changes in the brain. Typical degenerative disorder. I have first-hand experience - my mother worked as a nurse in a psychiatric hospital and described in detail many cases and how treatment made those people go back to their families and later showing the doctors with gifts because they got back their lives again. I had a girlfriend with psychotic outbreaks that were effectively stopped with a single dose of a medicine. It allowed her to live normally.
Myself, during my practice at hospitals, I've observed many cases. Some do not respond to treatment, but a grand majority does. The problem is, that many hospitals use old generation antipsychotics, like haloperidol, which is associated with very common and serious side-effects.
Those drugs save their lives. You'll find numerous schizophrenics thankful for proper treatment. They can sleep normally, work normally, no longer surrounded by voices and hallucinations.
Like any drug used incorrectly, yes, antipsychotics have side-effects.
When there was no proper treatment, those people were driven to madness due to not a single moment of peace in their lives.

In short, if you know nothing, then don't spread disinformation, since you may hurt someone with such a problem.
>>
>>18249556
Dont wake up?

OP, did you see that show from the 80s'/90's too?
>>
>>18249556
if only your wife (and you too)heard these voices, they are maybe spirits.
If she's the only one who heard that; then she's maybe ill
>>
>>18249603
You know it's kind of funny. I've never really taken much notice in the name "Jesus Christ" until now. It just sounds really cheesy and made up for whatever reason.
>>
>>18252574

You know nothing, either. I also know people diagnosed with schizophrenia first-hand too, and people with other disorders, and otherwise involved in psychiatric care. I have also done my fair share of reading on psychiatric studies and literature.

Psychiatry is full of malpractice, human rights violations and half-truths passed around as holy gospel.

This is not to say it consists entirely of such, or that psychiatrists are 100% useless evil in alignment, or that NO drugs should be given to psychiatric patients.

But it does mean it's not as sound, benevolent and scientific a discipline as you may think it is.

It's understandable that you feel uncomfortable with such a perspective.
>>
>>18250176
This makes sense actually.

>>18251175
>>18252544
This is perfectly plausible and most likely the truth but I really don't want to admit it to myself and neither does she to herself as these 3 AM voices are the only symptom.
>>
>>18250176
>Understand, I am only pointing out one possibility, there are many more.
>>18252778
Also, what are some of those other possibilities?
>>
>>18250528
Would you mind elaborating on your grandmothers experiences?
>>
>>18252778
Another symptom of schizophrenia is cyclic behavior. Waking up at 3 AM to hear voices is perfectly fitting it. Myself, I have no doubts she's sick, that you said she experienced this for years is just another brick in the picture.
The voices she hears relate to her inner feelings, hidden behind self-defense mechanisms.
>>18252783
There are no other possibilities, unless you truly believe she's possessed. In that case, you should speak with a priest to perform an exorcism... as a medical health professional I can't recommend it, but if it helps open your eyes... then go for it.
>>18252790
There are mild cases of schizophrenia, which present with relatively limited audio-visual changes and therefore it is possible to get used to it.
>>
It may sound odd, but despite not being religious, I think they're angels, or rather the inspiration for them. Pretend that angels can be jerks too, like the old testament, and there is no difference between angels and demons. Seven years ago I accidentally wore a previously used pendulum as a necklace and became pretty fucking haunted by something. In 2013 I had an experience with these things that lasted 10 day. It seemed to me that these voices were judging me, and my only option out was to show them that they were wrong. I became a better, more virtuous person, then they were happy and left. On an M. KNIGHT like twist, the night they finally left, after the "presence" of them was gone, I realized that that presence filled all space around me my whole life. It's like getting a massage for the first time, you never you're muscles could feel that good until it happened. When it happened though, I was looking out my back yard smoking with my dog, and I shit you not, what sounded exactly like you would expect a humming flying saucer flew up and out from my yard. My dog and I followed the sound with our heads, and you could hear how close it was but there was nothing there. I would say cloaking, but between my experiences and EXACTLY what I saw, I think they were here but not here. Like they were in the "Inbetween."
TL;DR AIIIILLLEEENSS
>>
>>18252896
After my experience, this song made creepy sense. Take note that that character is a djin, and it rapping from that point of view. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UclCCFNG9q4
>>
>>18249556
>>18249565

no, absolutely *NOT* "signs of schizo" when the voices occur in relation to the sleep cycle.

google hypnogogia and hypnapompia. it's 100% normal; everyone goes through these altered states before sleep and upon waking, it's just that some do not remember it as well.
>>
>>18250681

disdis
>>
>>18253116
These have noting to do with it. I'm restraining myself from calling you an idiot, which you are, but all of us are experiencing those things, but I'm sure as hell we don't wake up at a certain hour to hear voices shitting on us.
OP, if you're going to seek help, then try professionals and not nuts at a nut board. Well, that is, unless you give a fuck about your wife.
>>
>>18249556
Baby, did you forget to take your meds?
>>
>>18249556
Are you whispering mean things in your wife's ear when she's half asleep just to fuck with her mind anon? That might just explain it..
>>
>>18249556
Could be Schizophrenia but its probably a spirit trying to posses her. They wear you down first so you're about to have a mental breakdown then pounce.
>>
>>18252544
Pharmaceutical shill detected.
>>
>>18252705
Underrated post.
>>
>>18253213
You will when you're older.
>>
>>18254937
Thanks for the acknowledgement.
>>
Go on any forum and post about your wife hearing voices and 90% of people will tell you to go with her to a doctor, she might be mentally ill.
Post on /x/ about your wife hearing voices and 90% of people will rush to the conclusion of "spirits", 5% will tell you to get her checked out and the other 5% will shitpost like I do.

Why are you rushing to conclusions? Maybe she is mentally ill. I would claim something paranormal is happening if she would hear voices after she'd been given treatment for possible mental disorder.
>>
>>18249556
Your wife can't handle the bantz
>>
>>18257594
This isn't a fucking medical board, this is a paranormal board. People are at least trying to keep this shit thread relevant to that.
>>
>What are demons.
>>
>>18249556
Is your wife a heavy drinker by any chance?

Back when I was hitting the sauce pretty hard daily, this would happen to me when I would start withdrawing in the pre-dawn hours of the morning.
>>
File: niggawhat.png (641KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
niggawhat.png
641KB, 960x720px
>>18249574
Jesus Christ you sound like a real fruitcake
>>
File: IMG_2396.jpg (94KB, 800x1138px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2396.jpg
94KB, 800x1138px
The voices 99% of the time are negative and want to inflict damage any way they can.

She just needs to have faith.
>>
>>18258371
>don't believe in jesus
>demons don't bother me

lol gg ez
>>
>>18252705
As someone who has been an in patient in an asylum and regained my "sanity" I find your statements degrading and uninformed. I am no longer on the drugs they gave me, but they sure as fuck helped at the time. I'm a day late, but your misguided blanket argument is still enough to make me reply. Some people don't make it... With or without drugs. It's not your decision to force on an individual going through the situation. We're all giving advice, which can be received or rejected. You're just putting up a brick wall of ass hattery... Cause you knew some guy once...
>>
>>18253116
Huh, is this true?

Sometimes I take a lot of benadryl to help me sleep, and there are points where I'll be sitting at the computer but nearly falling asleep in my chair. When this starts to happen, I'll nod off a bit and then start to hear voices. Just voices like my mom or dad or some friend. They'll be saying random stuff, not really directed at me or anything. Sort of like background chatter that I can very plainly hear, even though I'm alone in the house (or it's so late that everyone is asleep).

I was kinda worried it might mean I'm crazy or something but I guess it's normal. The voices aren't talking at me at least.
>>
>>18258504
anon is right, google "hypnogogic hallucination" it's quite common. i get it once in awhile.
>>
>>18258504
Yeah man I got them when trying to induce sleep paralysis
>>
>>18258504
benadryl causes delirious hallucinations, if you take a shit load more you will start to see shit too and also the body load is HORRIBLE, don't take too much of that stuff man, it ain't fun at all.
>>
>>18258551
Why would you try an induce that?? Scariest year of my life was dealing with sleep paralysis almost nightly.
>>
>>18252675
Because it IS cheesy and kinda made up. It's a transliteration from the original. In Aramaic, it was Yeshua. Aramaic for Christ is Msheekha, which means Messiah. Christ, on the other hand, comes from Greek Kristos, which means oil (as in, "anointed with oil").

http://learnaramaic.blogspot.com/2012/06/jesus-christ-in-aramaic.html#.WAt1Scle3X4

>why change it
People loved completely butchering the original versions of foreign languages way back then even more than they do now.
>>
>>18259304
Well I was just inducing lucid dreaming (WILD I think it was, it was a while ago)

I'm not saying it was nice, I had to stop when I imagined I heard my mother screaming like she had been stabbed
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.