[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MARS LANDER!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 1474178672097.gif (997KB, 336x470px) Image search: [Google]
1474178672097.gif
997KB, 336x470px
watch the lander with me!
http://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Space_Science/ExoMars/Watch_ExoMars_arrival_and_landing
>>
File: elephentsealondroogs.jpg (126KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
elephentsealondroogs.jpg
126KB, 720x720px
oh yeah guess i should bump my own thread...
not gonna say that this is uber spoopy but i assume Europe and Russia are more likely to tell us of the things on mars.
>>
>mars
>>
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-37707776

No signal from European Schiaparelli Mars lander

It has a heat shield which should allow it to aerobrake in Mars' rarefied upper atmosphere, however the heating can get quite aggresive as the lower atmosphere is approached.

When it gets to the lower atmosphere the chute should open as a drogue to help slow the craft down and fully deploy just above the martian surface.

Finally it has rocket thrusters to allow a retroburn (braking burn) to put it right down onto the surface.

So there's plenty of room for diaster. It could overheat and assplode, the parachute may not deploy correctly and finally if something goes wrong with the retroburn it will bump down hard onto the surface.

And they've lost the sgnaal, so who knows. If it did make it down they should have a signal in about an hour from now when it starts to boot up for surface manouvers. If we don't have a signal then, its prolly fucked
>>
>>
>>18249495
that fianl stage look dangerous as fuck. if theres a problem with the radar then that final drop from 2m could be a problem. the thrusters should be ok as the hydrazine should ingite automatically so long as the rest of the control system works ok. finally the thing has a crumple zone to soften its landing, nothing to help balance it on landing. wouldnt be surprised if it lands on a rock and rolls over. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING OMG!!! lol, i hope it's ok though
>>
Everyone knows Euros can't land on Mars
How many failed attempts have they had now?
>>
>>18249520
6 out 17 i think i heard them say
>>
>>18249532
There have been some really silly mistakes over the years. Mixing up imperial and metric units on mArs Climate Orbiter. Cocking up the filesytem on Spirit Rover. On the whole NASA has had more success than the rest of the world, but they've had a few failures too.
>>
>>18249550
its fucked. RIP schiaparelli.
>>
>>18249509
Yes but it's fake so it will succeed.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.