[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to do a Cthulhu movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: img_2645.jpg (352KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
img_2645.jpg
352KB, 720x960px
How would it characters and plot be? How would you show him?
>>
File: homework_lady.jpg (66KB, 515x720px) Image search: [Google]
homework_lady.jpg
66KB, 515x720px
>How would it characters
>>
>>18244067
Just do the game call of cthu cthu
Never show it
>>
File: Providence01-Portrait-600x927.jpg (139KB, 600x927px) Image search: [Google]
Providence01-Portrait-600x927.jpg
139KB, 600x927px
>>18244067
Providence movie.
>>
>never show him
>simply show his massive shadow pass over a crowd
> crowd erupts into an orgy of screams, weeping, and eye clawing out
>>
>>18244067
>How to do a Cthulhu movie

Film Dick Cheney going about his normal day.
>>
>>18244067
if you want a good cthulhu movie, you cant show him till the very end, and then only briefly. most movies that have monster dont do it well because they need that monster on screen to re-enforce the danger. but you should show the mosnter as little as possible. buld up the fact that cthulhu doesnt even acknowledge you as being anything. the elder gods are beyond our knowing. thats how you present them, as this unknowable force in the universe.
>>
>>18244159
This as fucking hell

or Neonomicon (the prequel)
>>
>>18244067
Never actually show him, or if you do wait until the end, have him overshadowing a massive orgy of madness, screaming, rape, killing, chanting in a dead language,

preferably with some ambient like this in the background

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhwWAciO6F4
>>
>>18244067
>>
>>18244067
I might take some liberties with the whole turning people mad. Such as including some type of aura so that if you're in range of him you still go crazy. Direct LOS would be instant, but I imagine that something that has the supernatural ability to turn someone insane from just being seen would also be powerful enough to affect people near it. I'd make it so that the closer you are, the quicker it affects you. At most I might show a glimpse of a wing going behind something. Nothing too obvious, but just enough that you'll see it if you're paying attention.

I'm not sure how I would do the characters, but I would want it to focus on maybe one to three perspectives of the events taking place. It would most likely be a single city. The reveal would probably be hearing the chanting of some of the crazies. Ending would zoom out of the burning city to orbit and maybe show the ISS, perhaps with a glimpse of the status of the crew.

I also wouldn't want to make the title something that could be connected to Cu-chan.
>>
File: lolcraft.jpg (244KB, 1240x598px) Image search: [Google]
lolcraft.jpg
244KB, 1240x598px
I only recently got into Lovecraft. Man, all that shitty fanart and memes threw me off, I was missing out.

>>18247134
>trying to rationalize elder forces
>Cu-chan
This is the shit I'm talking about.
>>
>>18246907
i think cabin in the woods did this pretty well to be honest
>>
how the fuck is a space squid even scary
>>
>>18244067
Do your own homework
>>
>>18249069
Found the 12 year old.
>>
>>18249069
>space squid
>>
>>18248875
Lovecraft is so fucky
>>
I would agree that it would have to be apocalyptic in tone, but without actually showing any actual apocalypse.
The whole movie would have rely on tone and atmosphere, giving the audience a constant feeling of looming dread, that the world is ending, but they can't do anything to stop it
Cthulhu himself would only be shown in glimpses or just waiting in the background before showing him at the very end, when it's too late
>pic related, i believe it's the closest to what i would go for
>>
I think the Rick and Morty episode about the love potion could be significant inspiration to a lovecraftian film. It had uncontrollable mental breakdown and some unnatural body horror, albeit in a humorous way
>>
I'd love for Netflix to do a shadow over innsmouth adaptation, or a call of Cthulhu. Both could easily be made into a full movie, but I bet if they had the right people behind it thru could do a whole series on lovecraftian styled stuff.
Personally I'd like to see newer, original lovecraftian stories but whatever
>>
See The Last Wave
But replace [spoiler]a giant fucking wave[/spoiler] with cthulhu
It would be literally perfect.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.