[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Launguage question?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_8315.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8315.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
So my girlfriend bought a book from the thrift store. It's a dream dictionary. In the book there's a bunch of symbols that we think are writing but don't know what it is? Can any one help and see what language or languages it is? I have a few pics.
>>
File: IMG_8316.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8316.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>
File: IMG_8314.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8314.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>
Not a fucking clue. I just seen your post on picto and wanted to see your post on this.
>>
Oh my boi anon that is faggeroni my dude
>>
>>18241957
Lmao but I already know that language
>>
Anon. Or should I say: Slowpoke, the slowest poke
>>
Almost for sure some in-house alphabet by some owner of the book.

It's nice having a script only you know how to read, looks mysterious and saves embarrassment.
>>
>>18241960
;)
>>
>>18241962
That's seems like the most sensible thing so far I think
>>
Yeah this is just someones secret language written on their book, you could probably decode it if you sat down and thought about it for a little bit.
>>
http://kimbasangels.com/seal.html
>>
File: private_script.png (9KB, 626x179px) Image search: [Google]
private_script.png
9KB, 626x179px
>>18241967
>>
>>18241977
My gf and I are trying. We see like these knife looking things and some numbers and a side ways u that keep repeating a little
>>
>>18241986
lol I wish I could read that. I can't even figure out what I got here
>>
How is this paranormal?
>>
>>18241998
I didn't know where to go I'm sorry
>>
>>18241997

The shapes of the letters try to be deliberately confusing and somewhat hard to discern

it was an early teen endeavor, inspired by the Standard Galactic Alphabet of Commander Keen and the inscriptions on the ufos in the original X-COM

:)
>>
>>18241985
Looks very similar
>>
>>18242008
Wow I'm gunna check that out! Thanks man!
>>
the puzzling thing is that each character doesnt repeat except for the sideways U looking one. almost like each one is its own word...
>>
>>18242008
Lol can you read it tho? It's killing me, not knowing what it says :(
>>
>>18242016
I was thinking the same thing , there are some backward numbers in there too
>>
try reading through it and see if theres another refrence of it anywhere else in the book. then come back
>>
>>18242046
It's only on the first 13 pages. I could post more pics if y'all want. But there not much writing
>>
File: IMG_8318.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8318.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>
>>18241935
It is a form of Angelic Script. Pic related it is similar.

The question you should be asking is why did this end up at a thrift store? Post the cover if you don't mind.
>>
File: IMG_8325.jpg (977KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8325.jpg
977KB, 2592x1936px
>>18242068
A dream book thing ? And I do see the angelic simularties. Hell some seem straight from it. But what about the other letters? Maybe a mix of languages ? If it is strictly angelic then I'm thinking the same thing of why the hell its in a thrift store
>>
File: Alphabets_of_Interest.jpg (245KB, 1791x2410px) Image search: [Google]
Alphabets_of_Interest.jpg
245KB, 1791x2410px
>>18242068
I thought it looked like Berber or this Pleiadian script I once saw, but looking up both gave me no match. I did find some Atlantean script that looks close too.
Probably an off shoot of Punic or Hebrew.
>>
Farbeit for me to discount something on /x/ but I used to use symbols almost exactly like that to keep my notes a secret from other people. It's probably a simple substitution. I'm also left handed, so I used to write everything backwards.
>>
>>18242082
Exactly! I see more then one identifiable language. I just really want to know what it means. I see some of the characters in the pic I think ?
>>
>>18242083
Ever remember what your notes meant ? Or any book like this?
>>
>>18242103
You want wacky writing, try this:

http://hekatestation.net/files/book_5.pdf
case-sensitive Password: New
>>
>>18242079
It is a mix of other ancient languages too. Think along the lines link related-

>http://www.alphabetsoflife.com/introduction-of-the-book/

I have a feeling the person that owned this book channeled something. You may want to get rid of it possibly. Things like this do not just end up in thrift stores without reason.
>>
>>18242123
lol I could read the last ones but I can't read a lot of them because they are like backwards. You were write tho wacky and sort of creepy. How did you find it ?
>>
>>18241977
this, just take the most frequent "letters" as vowels transpose based on English language most frequently used letters (probably recent right). get a few letters you can pretty much guess the rest
>>
>>18242125
Oh god I damn well hope not! But you never know. I find weird shit in thrift stores a lot. Especially where I live.
P.s you scared me with that comment tho haha
>>
>>18242136
Ok I will try that. I'm not too smart or bright so it might take a while
>>
>>18242136
Also, check different directions (ie left-right, up-down ect), if you get weird single occuring symbols they probably represent a concept,idea,or thing. get that from context
>>
>>18242142
That's the part that would mess me up. Not even knowing what direction
>>
>>18242140
for english:

https://www.math.cornell.edu/~mec/2003-2004/cryptography/subs/frequencies.html

just the number of times each occurs, let me know what you come up with, sounds cool :)
>>
>>18242146
well if you list the number of times each one comes up its just like crosswords lol, you don't even need to know what direction at first
>>
>>18242148
It might take a while. But I will probably do it in the morning because it's getting late and don't know how much longer how I will be up. Thanks anon :)
>>
File: pwrds.png (45KB, 737x682px) Image search: [Google]
pwrds.png
45KB, 737x682px
>>18242134
>How did you find it ?
It's from a website /x/ worked on for a while:
http://hekatestation.net/GRID.html
( Passwords in image )

Video about the site: http://sendvid.com/m51apz6e
>>
>>18242137
Hmm...maybe weird things have a way of finding you for some reason. Did not mean to scare you just proceed with caution though and if you start experiencing bad luck or anything else off- bury the book near a stream and cover it in sea salt before adding the soil. If you have to get rid of it do not burn it, give it away, or sell it just bury it like described.
>>
>>18242158
Ok thank you! And don't worry I scare easy, especially in an odd case like this. I personally don't have the book, my girlfriend has it and we are talking right now and are on here, if anything happends to her like bad luck we will do as you say and bury it or other methods, it was just so odd and random like you said that out of any one that we found it. It could be something or it could be nothing. Just really hope nothing bad aha
>>
>>18241935
Most likely it's a personal script designed by a practicing mage for specifically magical purposes. This is not uncommon. Having a special alphabet (or some nonalphabet means of writing for that matter) for magic helps distinguish the work from mundane life in the mind. There are plenty of existing scripts to choose from like Enochian, the witch's alphabet or whatever it's called, etc, but plenty of people prefer to make their own.

Some people also just make up alphabets and/or languages for fun and it has nothing to do with magic, but I am making assumptions based on the book's subject matter
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.