[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everymanhybrid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: EverymanHYBRID3_400x400.jpg (11KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
EverymanHYBRID3_400x400.jpg
11KB, 400x400px
What went wrong? How did a series with a lot of potential and a strong story turn to shit? What upload started it's downfall and why?
>>
>>18234347
There are only 5 uploads and 1 of them was from 4 days ago.
I was thinking of watching it. When did it turn to shit
>>
>>18234362
There's 76 uploads, way more than 5
>>
>>18234371
He's probably thinking of Tribetwelve, which a tally has been updating. Thanks to fucking reddit, though, it's all fuck ed to shit.

What happened, OP, is those two teens stabbed that girl innawoods, and ALL slenderman stuff basically fell off the face of the earth. Noah from TT has only just now been updating, but he's also a tremendous faggot.
>>
>>18234632
>he's also a tremendous faggot.

Same could be said for Jeff.

Marble Hornets still went on in spite of the stabbing, although they had enough presence in the form of a movie adaptation to survive it, I suppose.

I think what killed EMH was the hiatus, where they pretty much blew their wad by having everything important transpire over twitter.

Like Evan eating his own baby, which isn't really as effective as it could have possibly been because it happened eight months after the last video. Now it's just edgy.
>>
I haven't watched anything since Corenthal was a trenchcoat wearing gun wielding badass, but here's my answer: Because the initial draw was lost.

Everyman HYBRID made itself unique among Slenderman shit because its basic premise was a sort of like Scream. The thing began with them faking it, and then having to deal with the real thing. That's some interesting meta shit right there, and would very specifically appeal to fans of the whole Slenderman concept. Hell, the three main characters fit into roles you could easily see both the audience believing a person dealing with this shit would fit, and more importantly they'd fit the audience and how *they* would handle the situation. You have the people who would take the shit on and fight hard, people for whom the whole ordeal would be painful and rob them of any reason to live, and of course, the person who just wanted to record it. They, in essence, answered shit fans of Slenderman always thought, like: why not just fight the fucker? And they realistically (Evan taking on the dude with the bat was my personal highlight of the whole shebang) portrayed it without killing the vibe.

Then they ran out of completely new ideas. The enigmatic stuff turned out either formulaic or way too esoteric to hold interest. They pulled a MH, and had all the main characters have Slenderman connections from childhood, which goes against the original premise. They pulled out some vague recurrence shit and had HABIT devolve into a super edgy version of the vague ominous bullshit of totheark.

The cool unique shit ended. The expected cliches no longer became sort of tongue and cheek. The mythic unique bullshit they come up with is too loose.
>>
>>18234347
They should have ended it a long time ago. They apparently didn't have any idea how it should end, and just kept playing the same old spook-tunes interspersed with an occasional credulity-straining episode of Evan's garystue nothin personnel badass routine.
That's been the issue with all of the slenderman youtube series I've seen. They start strong and then just meander through familiar horrormystery tropes without anything that feels like a resolution.
>>
Are there any active slenderman blogs? The only ones I know about stopped in 2011
>>
>>18234751
>Jeff
I remember when I briefly tried to use tumblr, and followed him in case there was behinds the scene stuff. Then it was all "there's literally nothing wrong with being a slut". Never again.
>>
>>18234347
A combination of a fucking glacially slow upload schedule, stretching what was happening too thin over so many different sites that people had trouble keeping track of it all, and not doing anything all that meaningful for like at least three years now.

Ever since Habit took control of Evan and took Vinny hostage the whole thing's just been sitting there spinning its wheels because they only upload like three or four videos a year and they're all just Vinny in some new spooky situation with no context for what's happening and no progression of anything.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.