[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Hermitcism is so great, then why isn't more popular?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1319071382305.jpg (31KB, 311x476px) Image search: [Google]
1319071382305.jpg
31KB, 311x476px
If Hermitcism is so great, then why isn't more popular?
>>
File: 6272544216767 (5).jpg (30KB, 300x361px) Image search: [Google]
6272544216767 (5).jpg
30KB, 300x361px
No one likes cockroaches, they must not be real.
>>
>>18231674
Not easily digestible. Plus most people hate mystery in the first place, so the occult in general is really not on their interest list.
>>
>>18231674

It isn't a system but a thematic current that runs in many belief systems.

Today it is most clearly reflected in Scientism

As above, so below. As below, so above.
>>
>>18231688
well played anon
>>
>>18231674
At least Cobra roommate is going to refill the roll.
>>
>>18231674
because that cobra has arms
>>
it's childish like most of the things on /x/
AS ABOVE FROM BELOW HURR SO DEEP BRAH
NO ITS LIKE SCEINCE YOU SEE AND IN ELECTRONS OR SOMETHING SO YEAH
MYSTERY OF THE ANCIENTS AND UNIVERSE
FULLY
>>
>>18233568
More like fractals is what I'm assuming.
>>
>>18231753
This desu. When was the last time you met somebody in the 'real world' who was into the occult? I know one guy that runs a private bookshop in my home town that's into theosophy, but that sort of comes with the vocation I guess.

Oh, and armchair wiccans or 'spiritualists' don't count, because odds are they're pulling it out of their ass. (Like all occult I guess?)

The occult is so splintered at this point that finding somebody who follows your path specifically is so minute, that forums based around it are really the only way. Hell, most freemasons I've had the displeasure of meeting are hardly into the esoteric side. Quite disappointing.
>>
>>18231753
Indeed. There's a reason why something locked up tightly is said to be "hermetically sealed".
>>
>>18233975
Did you bother trying to look for the nearest Golden Dawn lodge using Google? Pay them a visit.
>>
>>18233568

its as above so below you fuckin retard
>>
Hermeticists do not readily advertise their spirituality. It is part of hermeticism to keep things hidden. See "Hermetic seal" like the other anon already noted.

Hermeticism is very popular among well-adjusted scientists. In science there is a large dogma against advertising your spirituality. And well-adjusted people do not likely wear black robes, or have demon tattoos, or play in trash metal bands. They look much like atheist normies.

Hermeticism is actually one of the most popular spiritual systems out there. If you go to any university, there is a large chance one of your professors is a hermeticist. But it is drowned out by the loudness of chaotes, the pomposity of thelemites, and the vacuousness of wiccan witches.
>>
File: 1475381041462.png (288KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
1475381041462.png
288KB, 500x492px
>>18233568
Hmmmmmm
>>
It takes like a Bachelor's degree worth of learning and Hermeticists have no motivation to preach. You will find it if you are ready, and from a selfish point of view it gives you power others don't have.
>>
>>18233975
Do you regularly ask people if they're "into the occult"?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.