[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird Moving Star

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (38KB, 281x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 281x180px
I was staring out my window at about 9:55 pm today (October 13th 2016) and I was staring at a faint star that was very easy for me to see from where I was in my room and after staring at it for maybe 15 seconds it gets a little brighter and more visible and grows from a speck in the sky to what looks more like a small ping pong ball and then it swoops to the left very quickly and goes out of my line of sight (the star was fairly close to the border of the window) I get up and look around where it darted off to to see if I could see it and it was gone and then I looked where it used to be and it hadn't returned. This has got me a little spooked. Has this happened before? Should I be worried? Any response is greatly appreciated.
>>
>>18231189
What the actual fuck.
>>
>>18231189
Mmm, sounds like a little break in perception and reality. Doesn't mean much. It's basically like thinking you see something in the corner of your eye, but seeing it directly. Doesn't usually last long and is pretty harmless/pointless.
>>
OP saw a UFO

next time, try and communicate with them. go, 'Hey there!' and send some positive energy their way. I bet you'll get a cool response: a flash, or something similar
>>
>>18233211
>positive energy
you sound like a retard
>>
>>18231189
When I was a child I remember seeing something like that many times.
>>
>>18231189
YO! Same shit happened to me last night- but there were like 3 or 4 of them across the sky, glowing red/yellow/orange, really bright, and they kept darting here and there and lighting up together, and then one of them just sort of stayed in place- they were all facing West. I live in NC, so that'd be cool if we saw the same thing.
>>
>>18231189
One time I was sitting on my couch and a fly landed on the wall next to me, i wanted to hit it but the lamp was in the way so i stood up and as the lamp passed over the fly in my vision I lost sight of it for a second, and when the lamp moved past it it was dead and smooshed on the wall

very weird, it bothered me and I didn't know what to do, i left the smooshed fly there though to remind me
>>
That shit's a ufo man. It's cool you saw one but don't worry personally about it, happens a lot.
>>
>>18231189
UFO

As someone that likes to stare at the night sky, there are many of these things. Keep seeing dots that seem like stars but then they start moving sometimes slowly other times faster and then they just disappear in the sky as if they were never there.
>>
>>18231189
That's an airplane
>>
>>18231189
Aerospace engineer here, could you give me your lat/long? Looks like you saw a satellite in an elliptical orbit, perhaps a Molniya satellite.
>>
>>18234408
if anything his describtion barely fits an iridium flash, mr. "aerospace engineer"
>>
>>18234433
You know, there are more things up there than the iridium fleet, Mr. Dumbass.
>>
>>18234656
no shit. it is about what is fitting op's description. shut up if you dont know what you are talking about
>>
>>18235472
why not hear the guy out and see what explanation he may have when given the information requested instead of acting like a trump supporter reacting to an image of hillary clinton?
>>
>>18231189
Ever heard of planes?
>>
Probably one of those Iridium Satellites. Since there are sixty-six of these at any one time around the earth, floating around, you probably saw that. Because the Fade in, Growing Bright, and Fading out are all good examples of the Satellites.
>>
>>18231189
the ufo community calls them lanterns. on any clear night you can spot at least one. thy dont quite get the lighting right
>>
>>18235848
well he just dismissed my explanation without any explanation and istantly jumped to namecalling. just made me think he is a faggot, but he can still contribute to thread with more than shitposting, which is very welcome
>>
>>18236132
to be honest, you were insulting yourself by inferring that he was lying about being an aerospace engineer and that his opinion was bullshit. there's also not a whole lot of reason to believe the "mr dumbass" poster is the same as "mr aerospace"

also you didn't give any explanation of anything, you just referenced irridium satellites. he gave as much explanation as you did in this case. have you tried to find out what a molniya satellite is to understand what he may have been talking about?

shit goes easier when people settle down and actually try to communicate instead of assuming everybody on the internet is a lying sack of shit.
>>
>>18236792
>you were insulting yourself
how?

>that his opinion was bullshit
never said that

>not a whole lot of reason
well, except he directly replied to the reply to his post and obviously made a twist of something I said to him. I think it was a fair assumption. If he is another anon, your "not hearing him out" accusion is nonsensical as well

>you just referenced irridium satellites
I speifically referred to irridium flares in relation to OPs desription. I thouight anybody could make the connection. But I am happy to explain this phenomenon, if you desire.

>have you tried to find out
No need. I know exactly what that is already. I wouldnt have been so dismissive about that idea otherwise.

I dont know what it is, that is bothering you so much. That I put a word in quotes? Really? Considering the normal tone in which communication is possible here, I dont know why you picked such a tame remark out of all the shitposting to make your point
>>
what's the difference between a molniya satalite and an irridium satalite?
>>
>>18237036
That is a long list of differences.

They both are kinds of communication satellites, but they differ in amount, design, orbit and apparent brightness.

Iridium satellites are special, since they can cause the brightest flares (sunlight reflected to the earth) of all artificial satellites. Those "iridium flares" can be so fucking bright, that you can see them during the day and they can last for a few seconds. This is quite spectacular and can leave someone who doesnt know in a "wtf did I just saw?!" situation
>>
>>18237117
just an addendum if anybody is interested:

http://www.satflare.com/track.asp?q=iridium#MAP
>get your place right
>check "predict flares"
>check for the lowest flare magnitude

the super bright ones can be a bit rare
>>
>>18237117
i saw one of those once, possibly, it acted almost exactly like OP says. being stoned as fuck just made the experience more surreal.
>>
>>18231189
Trick question: have you ever seen a shooting star head-on?
>>
>>18237180
really fucking neato
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.