[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Types of Magick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: sigil.png (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
sigil.png
7KB, 225x225px
I want to start some sort of magick, but I am not sure what type of magick I would like to do. There seems to be many different types, making it hard to find a place to start. Could anyone possibly list and describe the different types of magick out there or redirect me to an already made list?
>>
It's spelled "Magic" in English, there's no K
>>
>>18230262
Try alectromancy

You'll have a cluckin' good time with it.
>>
>>18230269
Like musick
>>
File: 1470371109680.jpg (342KB, 960x1920px)
1470371109680.jpg
342KB, 960x1920px
>>
>>18230309

lel

Kybalion. Not even Hermetic. Neither is Bardon.

>>18230262

In modern Western magic, most can be divided into chaos magic and ceremonial magic.
>>
>>18230348
>Most can be divided into Chaos & Ceremonial
How is Chaos magic not ceremonial?
>>
>>18230348
>kybalion not hermetic
are you stupid or what
>>
>>18230360

How is chaos magic like the Bornless Ritual?
>>
>>18230376
Because you're just doing a ritual for nothing with no results whatsoever.

It's all ceremonial.
>>
Types of magic:
>Thelema
Weird Luciferian Gnostic pseudo-Hermetic edgemaster rituals that involve blood and semen.
>Golden Dawn
Quaint Judeo-Christian Hermetic rituals that involve lots of Hebrew.
>Aurum Solis
Honest to God, new and improved Hermeticism.
>Scientology
Thelema's inbred cousin who talks about being buttraped by aliens.
>Chaos Magic
Theoretically interesting but most practitioners simply jack off on crude sigils and wait for confirmation bias to kick in.
>Shamanism
The root of all religions. Beware of those who consider it license to do drugs constantly.
>Alchemy
Pseudo-chemistry with personality development free of charge.
>Hermeticism
Greco-Egyptian synthesis of esotericism and exotericism.
>Neoplatonism
Greco-Roman esotericism.
>Kemeticism
We Wuz Sorcerers
>Yoga
Get a sexy bod and learn how to meditate
>Tantra
More than just sex, the dark side of Hinduism.
>Buddhism
More mystical than magical unless you are Tibetan or esoteric.
>Daoism
Cooler divinations than tarot cards, simple philosophy, and lots of weird myth.
>Zos Kia Cultus
Have sex with a piece of paper by turning off your brain and using your hands.
>Cultus Sabbati
Satanic witches who are suprisingly non-edgy (albeit pretentious).
>Wicca
Feminist witches who believe in pseudo-historiography.
>Eclectic Pagan
Like chaos but more intelligent.
>LHP
Satanic kabbalah (like lol I thought you guys hated Jews...)
>Gnostic
Good luck trying to reconstruct a traditional practice.
>>
>>18230262
I tried to make this unbiased and based on what they actually DO with their time. They often blend together, one group will often spend a lot of time doing things from another.
Qabala - mess around with ideas and numbers and letters, categorize things based on some old jewish mystical books but especially based on a more modern glyph
Thelema- initiations, study of books, observances, just as much religion as magick if not more, but like most others, includes other things like planetery magic and qabal, aims for Holy Guardian angel, abyss,
Chaos- Devising their own rituals, their own spirits, but also doing things from other places but changing it based on some principles
Planetary- this covers the 7 ancient planets, the energies and or spirits, mostly making talismans, amulets, doing rituals, taught as a part of other systems
Elemental- similar to planetary, often trying to balance the elements in one's personality, but also for magic, rarely to people consider themselves elemental or planetary mages independent of some other system, taught as a part of other systems, usually before planetery
Wicca- like a religion, includes planets etc, prayers, observances, focuses on feminine more, activism
Golden Dawn- Parent of a lot of modern systems, including thelema, initiations, planetery, elemental magic, lots of long rituals, knowledge tests, aims for HGA, adds in enochian, does more enochian later
Enochian, hard to describe, calling Aethyrs, scrying, visions, uses tablets and complex furniture
Goetia- calling demons, gathering materials, making swords, belts, fashioning metal, calling demons to a triangle based on a book called a grimoire and generally asking it to take care of business for you
>>
>>18230417
>A big list of things which may not contain magic

>>18230424
Most of those are just variations of one type of magic

Sasuga /x/
>>
At some point all these were discovered by man, to be documented, I say there are more practices not documented by man. Conjuring practices.
>>
>>18230309
No online dumps?
>>
>>18230424
Thank you, it's nice to have someone actually contribute
>>
>>18230262
Start with Chaos magic. Its a perfect methode to find out what works for you.

Do some sigils first, they are lots of fun and work like a charm.
>>
>>18230382
The borneless ritual has serious results. I did it not knowing what i was doing and believe me i was heard.
>>
Well, for one, don't listen to faggots who have clearly never read the Kybalion like >>18230348 this guy here.

It all typically requires a lot of mental discipline to practice. If you decide to go with Chaos Magic avoid getting advice from people who practice it because most of them suck and aren't doing magic, just letting confirmation bias tell them that their "kewl sigils are totes werking". You want to start with something like the Liber Null and work from there. Take the meditation exercises at the beginning seriously and practice a lot before you try any rituals.
>>
>>18230262
try christ, I hear he can teach you magic
>>
>>18230373
No, but you are. Kybalion is early 20th century New Thought bullshit coated with a thin veneer of Hermeticism.
>>
>>18230382

Alright, You have no idea. Got it.

>>18230417

Too shallow and pretentious to be useful.

>>18230424

lel

Another swing and a miss.

>>18231875

Vanishingly thin, so thin you can't actually see it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.