[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alchemical symbols

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: alchemy_elements[1].jpg (31KB, 499x150px) Image search: [Google]
alchemy_elements[1].jpg
31KB, 499x150px
I'm doing something that involves the classical elements and I'm looking for symbols for the traits the elements were said to have-- warm, cold, wet, and dry. I searched around and all I found was one use of "D." to represent dry or drying and this one chart with some symbols that seems to have shown up once and then been copied in a few places.
Are there symbols for these concepts, and if so, what are they?
I'd also love some symbols relating to the products of the elements interacting-- for example I found a symbols ashes that looks like an E with an elongated middle leg. Does anyone know any of those, or any general good sources for these kinds of symbols?
>>
File: 1366424024765.png (73KB, 912x644px) Image search: [Google]
1366424024765.png
73KB, 912x644px
Google hasn't made it to your end of the Internet?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Alchemical+symbols&gbv=1&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjy7Mv6sdbPAhWDGT4KHRMICoMQsAQIIA
>>
>>18227605
like I said, I searched, but I couldn't find the ones I really wanted, the ones representing cold, warm, wet, and dry
>>
I found this and another picture, can anyone verify the validity of these symbols for the traits (not the elements)? These seem to lead back to one guy and I think he might have made them up.
>>
File: elemental-square[1].gif (8KB, 576x720px) Image search: [Google]
elemental-square[1].gif
8KB, 576x720px
>>18228560
forgot the picture, awesome
>>
>>18228560
>>18228563
looks made up
>>
>>18228577
hmm... :/
this is the other one
>>
File: Elements (R. Bartlett).jpg (62KB, 432x864px) Image search: [Google]
Elements (R. Bartlett).jpg
62KB, 432x864px
>>
File: 1397884275152.jpg (502KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1397884275152.jpg
502KB, 1920x1200px
Hey...be careful with those you guys.
>>
>>18228584
those symbols don't make sense to me and I haven't come across them when I looked threw the alchemy books
I don't remember seeing symbols for them either
>>
>>18228577
>>18228966
OK thanks, I was leaning towards a different interaction setup, now I know that's what I'll go with
and hey, at least I found out through my searches that salt is both derivative and ascendant because of the fire of the earth
>>
>>18228563
The symbol for moist is the bottom two sides of woman.
>>
>>18229996
what?
>>
>>18227582
Alchemy is based
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.