[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hare Krsna General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Krsna.jpg (119KB, 464x576px) Image search: [Google]
Krsna.jpg
119KB, 464x576px
Krishna.com

Purebhakti.com

Vedabase.com
>>
File: snm.jpg (54KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
snm.jpg
54KB, 400x300px
Vow of Ekadasi

ou are all observing Ekadasi today. We should surely observe Ekadasi – strictly avoiding grains, or anything prepared with any kind of grains, such as wheat, barley, corn, and so on. If you observe Ekadasi, chant the holy name, hear hari-katha in high-class association, always remain with elevated devotees, and perform any of the nine limbs of bhakti, you will never fall down.

Sometimes, due to Kali-yuga and maya, we become weak and cannot follow; that is why we fall down. In any situation, we must not forget to chant and remember Krsna, and also to follow Ekadasi. Even if you are weak, try to strictly follow these principles.

Do you know the reason why waves come and go, and why on special days – from Ekadasi to Purnima and Ekadasi to Amavasya – waves are very high? Even if there is no wind, still, from Ekadasi to the full moon and dark moon, the water increases and there are so many high waves. Why is this? It is due to the moon. Water and waves increase due to the moon. The moon comes nearer on those days, and extracts the water.
>>
Similarly there is some water in our stomachs and bodies. Therefore, if we are not very careful in these five days in every fifteen, the moon will increase all your diseases. You can see in hospitals that most people die within these five days.

We have rasa, or water, within us, and wherever there is liquid, the moon attracts it. Thus, all kinds of diseases increase. However, if we are very careful by following the ancient Indian (or Vedic) process of Ekadasi, this can be controlled very easily. How do we do this? By not drinking water and taking grains. If you are weak, and you are taking water or juice but not grains, then you can save yourself. If you are taking any preparation made from grains, it will absorb the water and become saturated with that water. If you put a stone or wood in water, this will not absorb water, whereas if you give any blotting paper or cotton, it will absorb so much that it will remain fully saturated for the entire day. It will not dry, even in the sun. If you drink water but do not take grains, then like a stone, you will not be affected. However if you take grains, the moon will attract the water, those grains will become saturated with the water, and so many kinds of sickness will come. You may even die; so be careful about this.

http://www.purebhakti.com/teachers/bhakti-discourses-mainmenu-61/19-discourses-2000/1293-the-vow-of-ekadasi.html
>>
Thoughts on starting to wear the dhoti? Feels damn comfy IMO.
>>
>>18227372
There are two reasons to wear a dhoti these days:

1) As a uniform: you are attending an event or are representing your temple. In this way, a person simply looking at you will be reminded of the spiritual.

2) You live in a very hot, humid climate. Dhotis are breathable and easily changed.

Other than this, the point is to keep your clothing simple, don't worry about what covers you. Outside appearance can help keep your mind on track, but devotion is not a matter of fashion.
>>
Are there any writings on the kshatriya warrior caste besides the famous Krishna-Arjuna convo before the war?
>>
>>18228155
The ramayana and mahabharata.
>>
I love Krishna with all my being. Chanting last night I wept and sobbed while chanting the holy names. I cannot control my emotions in discharging devotional service sometimes. Even my eyes are wet when writing, I am always overwhelmed with love for Krishna.

Particularly because I am such a lowly person and yet Krishna is so kind and merciful to me. And I do not deserve anything from Krishna at all.

Our beautiful lord.
>>
>>18228264
http://www.purebhakti.com/resources/harmonist-monthly/91-year-6-special-editions/1435-gurudeva-s-tirobhava.html
>>
>>18228345
It was a mistake to share that I apologize. I'm an idiot a total idiot. Greatly discouraged and angry. I do not know want to think anymore.

I will not discuss devotional service with anyone again.
>>
>>18227103
We've had a designated religion/philosophy/history board for 11 months now.
>>>/his/
>>
Ugh. I was once at low point and I thought, maybe I'll join this hare Krishna commune. Sent them an email saying I don't have much money but I have some good work skills and I'd be happy to help with anything. Not even the courtesy to write me back. Had a sour taste for hares ever since.
>>
>>18228453
Did you think of calling them? Or trying a different location?

It's not always personal.
>>
>>18227954
#2, mostly.

Indian living in India - usually wear a dhoti + kurta when alone.
>>
>>18227103
What is the point of this thread? i mean even christfags know better than this. This is not a religious board.
>>
>>18227103
is the tip of his dick blue or pink?
>>
Asking real questions here
>>
>>18228404
Please don't be discouraged. It's great that you are getting some taste in bhakti. Just try to discuss your realizations among trusted and confidential devotees.
>>
>>18227103
poo in the loo

>>18229361
blue. inside and outside.
>>
>>18228688
Go for it. I preferred rolling the top of the dhoti instead of tying the corner on my waist.

>>18228762
>What is the point of this thread?
Politeness - instead of bombarding the 15-20 daily threads on reincarnation, the afterlife, or God we try to self-contain in a general.

Visbility/Accessibility - relatively few people know or understand "monotheistic Hinduism," and this gives people a place to ask questions if interested

Community - Bg 10.9 — ...[devotees] derive great satisfaction and bliss from always enlightening one another and conversing about Me.

>even christfags know better than this
You prefer trolling other threads with large blocks of religious text?

>This is not a religious board.
It is the de facto religious board.
>>
>>18228345
>>18229421
Listen, why are you being a dong to your own fellow elf. Your santa clause like god would not approve of you denigrating his natural emotions. Shall he not be allowed to sing as he assembles the toys?

Also, I can put the main question to rest here. His dick is very slightly more blue than the rest of his body, and it tastes like a Frosty from Wendy's.
>>
>>18229421
Perhaps your chastisement of my person was Krishna wishing to correct some behaviors that would cause me to deviate from the path.

Hare Krsna I offer my humble obedience unto you and all devotees.

Jai Sri Krsna
>>
>>18229672
It is better he be like this we are in a war with Maya. Maya is not fair. To save conditioned souls sometimes it is necessary.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlxGZDTdwIo

Here is some spoopy Hindu inspired music to keep this thread /x/.

On the subject of Krishna, I find the mantra Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya a useful circuit breaker for negative thoughts and emotions.
>>
>>18229555
I usually for elaborate pleats. I double-pleat the front portion (a horizontal pleat>tuck in>vertical pleat>tuck in).

The dhotis you wear as a member - are they with borders (atleast quarter-inch wide in some color) or completely white?
>>
just chillin and listening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNw1h-dvtRk

Hare Krishna, good night from Europe
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.