[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writing A Religion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Jesus.jpg (191KB, 638x900px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus.jpg
191KB, 638x900px
I'm currently trying to write a religion where genuine mediums lead the religion and decide it's direction all the while guiding people to better futures.

Should I use parts of the bible and Koran and put that Jesus was a medium?

Are there any other religions I should base this religion off of?
>>
"Genuine" and "medium" don't really fit together.
>>
>>18226608
I would believe you if I did not have personal evidence which contradicts you.
>>
the qur'an will only contradict you.
>>
>>18226616
True, I was thinking of just putting stories from the bible that teach a certain lesson.
>>
>>18226616
Maybe just the life of Christ? Leave everything else out? After all it's a religion about the guidance of mediums and if Christ is to be considered a medium it would make sense to put his life in :the core doctrine of lessons" or something like that.
>>
>>18226596
>my religion will be better cause all the rules are decided by "those who can truly see"
lol beginner mistake have fun
>>
>>18226658
>implying you've done this before and know better

Fucking fuck wtf like fuck.
>>
tf niggas out here making they own religions n shit
>>
>>18226596

Is this for a fiction piece, or are you just playing around?
>>
You want to be a jedi?
>>
>>18226596
Call it harambe-ism
>>
>>18226596
Just mention that the discovery of new facts means that you should change the way you view things, not ignore these new facts. Otherwise you get a bunch of jackasses running around saying that the earth is only 6000 years old and dinosaurs and humans roamed the earth together.
>>
All those religious texts are pretty critical of mediums and other such bullshit.
>>
Religion is shit, religion is a scam, there is no god. GET OVER IT!!!
>>
>>18226630
>Maybe just the life of Christ?
he could actually get a lot more out of misinterpreting Paul.

Best thing to do would be to use the NY canon, have your "medium" speak in tongues to an interpreter, and roll from there.

you'd basically be mimicking the Greek oracular method, and you could throw some poorly exegesised quotes from Paul on tongues to convince your pet idiots to believe it.

what do you think the whole restoration movement was?
>>
>>18228868
>NY

NT rather
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.