[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've always been a very paranoid person. How do I stop myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: paranoia.jpg (49KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
paranoia.jpg
49KB, 500x300px
I've always been a very paranoid person. How do I stop myself from becoming a full blown schizo? My issues stem more from OCD than anything and while I'm honestly as mentally "sane" as I've ever been, I've become more cognizant and self-aware which means my paranoia is all the more palpable.
>>
If you're more cognizant, you should be able to keep telling yourself your fears are overblown, even if you're also more self-aware.
>>
>>18220042
It's almost like a drug. I can't count how many times I've told myself I'm blowing things out of proportion and then 5 minutes later I'm back to worrying again.
>>
I like to imagine my intrusive thoughts and memories an aphid crawling on my head and have an imaginary ladybug eat it.
>>
this thread is stupid. if you're schizophrenic you're schizophrenic nothing can stop that. if you're not already schizophrenic then you're probably never going to be.

paranoia is not schizophrenia. god you people on this board are stupid when it comes to mental illness. every third thread is like this.
>>
>>18220015
Potato wedges and cunnalingus.
>>
>>18220015
You don't just catch schizophrenia from being too paranoid. You're just paranoid that you will because you're already paranoid. Schizophrenia is more than just "oh gee I'm paranoid" and you said you already know what IS wrong with you. Let it go, you're fucking fine and you'd be schizo by now if you were schizo, but if you're that paranoid this is not the board for you. Go watch a movie and drink a beer.
>>
wow no reason to be a bunch of negative fuckwits
OP schizo has physical aspects to it, do some reading up on it. You can be paranoid without it from other issues. Read a bit it might also make you relax.
>>
>>18220015
create a comfy tulpa to unburden yourself
>>
>>18220015
//00//DF
||\/||Cut reality||\/||
You're welcome, pontius MF.
>>
>>18220015
i have never found a cure to anxiety and paranoia myself, i've given up after 23 years. now i'm a neet
>>
>>18220015
let yourself worry about it

don't worry the more you will think about it the more apathetic you'll become and if your fears are baseless eventually you will be able to convince yourself of what you should and not should be afraid of

suppressing, undermining or burying a feeling or an emotion always achieves the opposite in the long run and it's best to go with it and see where it leads
>>
>>18220015
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindfulness
>>
>>18220015
> paranoia schizo OCD
You're literally feeding yourself with more fear and confusion when you apply these labels to yourself.
>>
1. spend time with friends and just generally be a sociable person; if you don't have friends, try harder at making them

2. don't overwork yourself or stress yourself out too much. get plenty of rest and pace yourself when you are working.

3. try to work through your OCD and paranoia. I know it's easier said than done, but consult a therapist if that helps or just try to change your behaviors yourself.

It's important to remember especially not to become socially isolated or over-stressed.
>>
>>18221880
>1. spend time with friends and just generally be a sociable person; if you don't have friends, try harder at making them
>OP complains about being paranoid
>lol go be around other people

shoulda really added "people you remotely trust" there, otherwise it's possibly the worst advice you could have given, throwing yourself into an unknown situation is an act of sacrifice
>>
it's simple nigga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3w608RyPqo
>>
>>18221913
your freaking your self out. the problem is freaking your self out, not some problem you have.
>>
Thanks guys. Jesus fuck /x/ is one of the nicest boards for discussion when it comes to mental illness. Especially schizophrenia.
>>
>>18222131
Also OP here. Btw, there are two other reasons I'm worried besides simply paranoia:
>1.) My family is filled to the fucking brim with mental issues. My mother is a schizotypal or antisocial or something to that effect (same with my grandma and her mother), and my great uncle is an actual "hears voices" schizo. Not only that but my father's side isn't any better what with anxiety issues and ADHD.
>2.) Back when I was an early teen my psychiatrist actually wanted to diagnose me with schizophrenia, so my parents got mad and made me stop seeing him. I thought for a while perhaps he was right, but then I remember back to what I was actually telling him about, and because I had such an acute knowledge of my issues even back then I probably made it seem like my OCD was an entity similar to the auditory delusions of schizophrenia when they aren't at all the same. I don't know though.
>>
>>18222147
Forget about this shit if you want to "cure" yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1-aCbnc4fg

Also, is this shit even supernatural? Why are you here, bro? Aside from the fact that psychology denies any supernatural experience, I don't really see the connection.

>>18222131
lol

>>18221948
>>18221845
>>18221834
This
>>
>>18220015
Benzodiazepin
2.0mg chlonazepam daily
>>
>>18222188
Schizos are claimed to have been shamans back in the day. I don't necessarily believe that, but either way in today's times they're interconnected with a bunch of conspiracies.

>>18222189
Good for short-term
Bad for long-term
>>
>>18220015
https://www.calm.com/session/fEG3tLEsAP

put your headphones on, get comfy in your chair, and relax.

you don't have schizo. you are just very anxious. you can't get schizo that easily and certainly not by thinking your way into it or by getting anxious over it, and you will never develop it. get over it, relax, and as others said, mindfulness will help with anxiety problems. try guided meditations, calm.com has all kinds of guided meditations, but the link I gave you is a good place to start.
>>
>>18222212
I might use this anon.
Anxiety is controlling my life to a point of near suicide..
>>
>>18222213
https://www.amazon.com/Mindful-Way-through-Anxiety-Chronic/dp/1606234641

might also want to try this, if you like the calm.com stuff (mindfulness) that is and want to try this in depth
>>
>>18220630
>>18222212
All these people telling me I'll never get it or I'd have it already.

I literally just turned 18 a few days ago and the age of onset is like early 20s.
>>
>>18222240
yes but anxiety is not a symptom of schizophrenia

anxiety is also not an early warning sign of schizophrenia, nothing you have posted indicates anything of schizophrenia

you have an anxiety disorder, not schizophrenia

also if you have schizophrenia, you have schizophrenia, not much you can do about it, but again, you most certainly don't have it, it's rather rare and there's nothing that indicates that you would have it so stop worrying

also this has nothing to do with the paranormal, but I studied psychology so why not answer you, but use /adv/ next time
>>
>>18222260
I already know it's anxiety but it's just so pervasive into my train of thought that it's either abnormally severe anxiety or something else entirely. I fixate on one fear on a time and I see the world solely through the lense; even if I'm not anxious I'm so paranoid I literally can't go 2 thoughts without the paranoia creeping back.

Not saying you're wrong, just saying it's not something I haven't heard before.
>>
>>18222269
*lense of that fear
>>
>>18222269
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/14021
Go read this. It should make things clearer.
Best of luck.
>>
>>18222131
I've noticed /x/ is pretty nice compared to other boards too, nutter hospitality I guess
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.