[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I found this in a tunnel that was maybe a soccer field long.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

File: Screenshot_20161009-165631.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161009-165631.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
I found this in a tunnel that was maybe a soccer field long. It was right in the middle. There was no other graffiti. Its in North Carolina if that matters. It's under a massive highway but the tunnel is extremely hard to get to. This doesn't look like your typical construction markings to me so I thought I would consult x. Wtf is this and what does it mean?
>>
>>18216643
Dude, I've seen this code before, fuck.
I owned a book on pig Latin when I was a young dweeb and there was a whole chapter about this code, I'll look into it and try to help decode.
>>
File: 8413698.png (12KB, 254x254px) Image search: [Google]
8413698.png
12KB, 254x254px
Pigpen cipher?
>>
>>18216643
looks like symbols you'd see in the Mensa IQ test, i have taken it before, they were similar but definitely not these.
>>
File: images (5).jpg (13KB, 545x270px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
13KB, 545x270px
Looks similar to this
>>
>>18216643
http://www.fonts2u.com/masonic-cipher-symbols.font
?
>>
>>18216678
>>18216672
>>18216677
Nope, there's specific characters that aren't in any of those. I've been trying to decide using multiple sources but it's coming out as gibberish.
Either the person who wrote is using his own code or was just drunk atm and fucked up.
>>
File: images (6).jpg (21KB, 300x293px) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
21KB, 300x293px
Could it be a double cipher? The symbols translate to gibberish, then a letter swap to throw you off? Maybe the othrel symbols are capital letters or numbers?
>>
>>18216678
>>18216677
nope
>>
>>18216674
how'd you do?
>>
>>18216725
Mensa Test I got 50% (Its the post IQ test, if you score high enough you can take it, but I took a practice one online before taking the IQ test)
The IQ test however, I scored 127 while sleep deprived and semi hung-over.
I am probably going to try and take an official test later on to see if I can get better results
>>
>>18216643
>>18216672
>>18216690
what if the person drew their own key, like a pigpen cipher using different shapes?
look at the third and fifth character on the top line. could they have used a star shape in addition to the tictactoe board and X?
>>
>>18216743
I explored the surronding tunnels. Found nothing
>>
does this mean anything to you op? (_ is a missing letter)

_ e l a _ apple

do you know anyone with the last name apple? what could the first word be? Could be a dead end but if it means something to you maybe you can fill it in.
>>
>>18216700
ihssz
>>
>>18216760
Hmmm can't say so.
>>
>>18216760
i know that mela is an apple in italian.. thats it
>>
>>18216743
That was my final thought. There's just too much variation and the closed characters are impossible for me to find anywhere.
>>
It means nothing

I used to write jiberish notes and
Hide them in school ceilings

Also when strangers ask me to write stuff I bs code by adding dashes to letters.
>>
File: Mystery pigpen template.jpg (34KB, 560x380px) Image search: [Google]
Mystery pigpen template.jpg
34KB, 560x380px
>>18216643
Interesting cipher. I see 42 possible characters. Perhaps non English?
>>
every single character has a dot, making it unlikely that the dots are used in the same way as the pigpen, possible, but unlikely.
>>
>>18216751
OP you fucking shitter, isn't that tunnel right beside one of the trails at Squirrel Lake Park in Matthews?
>>
If it's not an established cipher, there is far too little context to make any sensible attempt at deciphering this message.

The Rosetta stone was a breakthrough for a reason people, let's use some basic semiotics.
>>
>>18217047
-Word 1 and word 2 are both 5 character
-2nd character of word 1 repeats across both words
-4th character of word 1 repeats across both words
-Word 2 contains doubled characters
Assuming both words are actually in a language, that's more than enough to decipher, with time
>>
needs, books, offer, issue, added, seems, allow, tools, weeks, looks, apply, error, occur, rooms, upper, goods, inner, foods, array, doors, roots, feels, keeps, teeth, meets, essay, loose, seeds, woods, seeks, asset, boost, arrow, peers, pools, boots, deeds, apple, teens, assay, booth, tooth, loops, feeds, weeds, utter, heels, hooks, alley, beers, reefs, alloy, goose, roofs, oddly, needy, moose, fools, attic, geese, cooks, moods, moons, annum, reels, looms, woody, reeds, erred, otter, deems, geeks, abbey, beech, annex, hoops, goofy, booty, abbot, annoy, asses, moody, roost, cools, hoods, booze, httpd, https, jeeps, ellos, leech, booms, illus, roomy, beets, noose, noone, peels, allot, seers, peeps, zooms, affix, seedy, sooty, allay, upped, moors, booby, seeps, weedy, adder, beeps, allen, goons, geeky, alles, udder, leery, nooks, loons, leeks, gooey. I googled and found this list so I might be missing some, I think if it is English this is a good jumping off point.
>>
>>18217080
Who said it was two words?
Who said it had no punctuation?
Who said more than two words don't have the same sequence of syntax?

Ciphers are not definitively deciphered without enough context. If you're running this ARG you'll have to go back to the drawing board, or volunteer more clues.
>>
>>18217041
Nah it's near ballantyne. Know any other cool tunnel spots?
>>
I treated them as a cryptogram but got nowhere with english.
>>
>>18216984
21, we don't see any symbols without dots, so we can probably assume they didn't use any
>>
>>18216643
Definitely a substitution cypher. We don't have enough information to solve it accurately.
>>
File: 1475215414510.jpg (6KB, 261x320px) Image search: [Google]
1475215414510.jpg
6KB, 261x320px
>>18216643
Holy shit, my grandpa has a book on that and i just looked up those characters anon. It says that "your mothers going to fuck her bull while your dad strokes his weenis". It says that in order to prevent this you must, "shove a stick up your ass and mustard in your piss hole". HURRY ANON, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!! POST RESULTS FOR BETTER CHANCES!!
>>
File: Stray_Abbot.png (31KB, 305x624px)
Stray_Abbot.png
31KB, 305x624px
If we assume it's two words, which we shouldn't do:
And we assume it's in English, which we shouldn't do:
And we want to feed this attention whore, which we shouldn't do:

There are at least 104 possible results. This is why this thread is shit. So are we dealing with a media issue, a typed essay, or a stray abbot?
>>
>>18219434
>NEWLY LOOSE

ouch, I don't like the sounds of that one
>>
>>18216677
There are direct hits from this set, but you only get S??X? / XWW??

I don't know; this all feels really familiar somehow, but I can't place it.

And I kind of want to play Pac-Man and eat pizza now.
>>
It says you're a faggot.
>>
Your ARG is floundering, OP. Make a move.
>>
File: chip on my shoulder.png (481KB, 610x380px) Image search: [Google]
chip on my shoulder.png
481KB, 610x380px
Bumping to keep alive while I try to crack it
>>
>>18216643
That shit was obviously drawn in Snapchat...you can see the jaggies from the pen tool..
>>
>>18216643
Dots in all characters, closed and open triagles, both words the same length, and WEIRD FUCKING 30 degree triangles makes me think this is just some idiot trying to make a spooky code.

>>18219434
>>18226997
Yep, it's dead
>>
Dont homeless people write in code for other homeless people to read?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.