[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cys/ - Crystal General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: moldavite crystal.jpg (41KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
moldavite crystal.jpg
41KB, 570x570px
I'd like to start a general on crystals.

I just recently picked up Moldavite, slightly smaller than pic related. I also picked up some smokey quartz to keep me grounded.

How do we use crystals? Any information is much appreciated. I am still new and would like to know everything I can.
>>
>>18216429
You sure it's actually Moldavite and not green glass?
>>
>>18216431
Is there a way to test it and make sure?

I bought it from a esoteric-themed shop, one that has a bunch of wizardry in the front and a back room with a bunch of bongs and shit.

I've been going there for a few years and they really are nice people, so I wouldn't suspect they cut their moldavite with green glass.

Allow me a moment to take a couple pictures for you guys.
>>
Here it is under a small white spotlight
>>
>>18216463
Here's the flip-side.
>>
>>18216467
lol forgot pic
>>
And this is the crystal on it's side. I saw this rainbow streak in the corner while I was making my selection and that's what inclined me to get this one.
>>
Here is the Smokey Quartz I also picked up that day. Do you see the face in there? :3
>>
I know this board is slow but I've given it almost 2 hours so I'm bumping.
>>
Dunno shit but will bump
>>
>>18216429
Bump because I would like to know, as well.
>>
So I took a mineralogy course in college. There are a number of simple tests you can do on minerals to identify them. Color, hardness, crystalline structure, and "streak"--the color that show when scraped on white ceramic tile.
>>
>>18216429
>Crystal General

Another stupid person who doesn't know how generals work. Crystals are bottom-rung New Age stuff anyway, we definitely don't need constant threads about them.
>>
>>18216463
>>18216472
>>18216475
That looks like the two Moldavite pieces I've seen before.

I've never seen a green glass ""crystal."" I don't know what that is. Moldavite is a form of obsidian, which is glass, and it is also the color green. I don't know what a person means by saying ""green glass"" other than glass, which is the color green.

Moldavite *is* glass.
Moldavite *is* green.

I think maybe the person who questioned the authenticity of your gem doesn't know a whit about how to question authenticity, or about gems in general.
>>
File: 1473999887783.jpg (52KB, 511x509px) Image search: [Google]
1473999887783.jpg
52KB, 511x509px
>>18217920
I'll add.

Are you sure that's an apple? Because it could just be a red fruit in the shape of an apple.
>>
>>18217686
>constant threads
>search bar
>type in Crystal
>one result
>this fucking thread

Yeah, I'm the retard.
>>
>>18217494
Thanks for the info, but I don't want to ruin the crystal by scraping it on ceramic
>>
>>18218646
"General" implies this is going to be something you're going to continue after it 404s, thus constant threads. Retard.
>>
>>18218666

gen·er·al
ˈjen(ə)rəl/
adjective
affecting or concerning all or most people, places, or things; widespread.
"books of general interest"

Nice trips, adjust your helmet satan.
>>
>>18218722
Sorry hon, you can't win with a dictionary definition here. Nice try, though. Calling it a General thread and doing this /fakeboardshit/ implies you want it to be an ongoing thing, like /div/ or /sum/.
>>
>>18218724
>hon
Out of curiosity, are you a homosexual or a female? Not that it matters, I'm just wondering.
>>
>>18216429
>How do we use crystals?
As conversation pieces and rocks that are pretty to look at. Oh, uh, I mean to realign your Illuminati chakra tulpa field to heal everything from depression to terminal liver cancer.
>>
>>18216429
I have a fairly decent collection when it comes to stones and crystals.

If this is something you're truly wanting to get into then go into this with an absolute and complete open mind.

Stones and crystals. Are their own entities and beings.
Each and every stone has a personal name, an age, a personality, beliefs, desires, moral codes so on and so forth.

From my personal experience, stones and crystals are absolutely 100% real. What they do and can do is real.

Now when I say that have a name I don't mean their "stone" name. I mean an actual name. For instance my Clear Quartz's name is Jacob, my Green Aventurine is Alexander. They all have names.

But you have to be the one to understand and accept that they are absolutely and positively real. Open your mind and accept that they are. That's all I ask. Open your mind, be accepting, and listen.

If you have any sort of questions I'd be happy to answer.
>>
>>18217920
>Moldavite *is* glass.
>Moldavite *is* green.

Moldavite is not a glass, it is a tektite. I wont go into deep explanation but it has a different molecular composition from obsidians, notably WAY less water, and it has inclusions of other things inside it.

>>18216451
There are tests you could have performed by a lab, but it would require destruction of part of the stone.

If it helps, I sell crystals and rocks all day, and that looks more or less like every piece of moldavite I've seen, but the truth is it's very hard to tell whether moldavite is real without chemical analysis.

If you look up gaia stone that is actually an example of a 'metaphysical' (and man made) green glass product. If you compare moldavite and gaia stone under light there are some noticeable differences.

Looking at your pics I think its legit, theres a specific luster it has thats different than obsidians, and Im not even sure how youd fake that pockmarking pattern if you were trying to fake it with glass.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.