[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Man as symbol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

So, I usual lurk on /x/, but I had an idea recently I wanted to run past you guys. People talk about the soul as all sorts of different things. And while this probably ties into that, it's a bit of a seperate concept.

I've recently starting thinking about how fiction and reality only really differ in whether they exist in the same dimension as us.

If we go further and assume that all fictional universes exist in some parallel dimension then how is our world any different except for the fact that it's the basis of our viewpoint of reality.

Going further your soul might be just the character you represent. A mixture of archetypes, habits, and viewpoints on things.

to quote deadpool "None of this is actually happening, there is a man. At a typewriter. This is all his twisted imagination"

What if we're in some sense a work of fiction. A really complex self-aware work of fiction that some sort of eldritch extra-dimensional intelligence is playing out. I've heard talk of a person's reincarnations just being dips into 3-dimensional space of a 4th dimensional entity some might call a soul. But if you think about it, don't we put on characters for how we act? Our personality comes from the latin persona, which in one interpretation is a character in a fictional representation.

Alan Watts talks about this sort of stuff a bit, and the more I think about it and observe how people act. The more I see that everyone's putting on some sort of act.

So why do we do it? Why aren't most people aware of the fact that they're playing a role in life that is in the end determined by them? What are the implications and further explorations can we pursue from this assumption?
>>
The word or symbol can be viewed as the basic unit of consciousness. The soul though, the self, is beyond that.

So you could say an individual's life, a moment in their life, or even their identity, is a symbol of the soul. And when I use a word, I am creating myself. By symbolizing myself, I am creating myself.

Doge
>>
>>18215100
Are you trying to escape into a fantasy world, OP?
>>
>>18215100
You're onto something with the archetype thing, parallel universes, not so much.
>>
>>18215100
>to quote deadpool "None of this is actually happening, there is a man. At a typewriter. This is all his twisted imagination"
>What if we're in some sense a work of fiction

read the Kyballion. this isn't a new idea.

the god dream theory is actually quite an interesting thought experiment in the context of atheism vs theism.

if the big bang is the correct assumption then this would require sub atomic particles to smash together. from whence did these particles appear and what gave them animation? (prime mover argument, as old as ancient greece)

suppose these particles are the result of forces and laws of our universe, from whence did these laws appear and how do you create something from nothing?

the answer is actually quite simple as you do the exact same thing every day.

picture yourself in a Johnny Got His Gun type scenario. you can see, hear, or even move. there is nothing for you to interact with, there is no stimuli for you to digest with your senses. how do you create?

with your mind. your dreams and imagination. The writer indeed is god.
>>
>>18215100
>"None of this is actually happening, there is a man. At a typewriter. This is all his twisted imagination"

Energy, time, matter and existence - Are the dreams of God and His Will. He's dreaming each and every thing, this whole system, and it's all playing out individually and collectively.

You are, one part of God's expression. Thus, God is in you, and you are part God. You are not God though, since God is the sum total of everything.

Like, we're red blood cells in his right arm, of his body, which is his dream.

In this way, everything is taking place everywhere, while at the same point also.
>>
>>18218726
I would say that the combination of everything is the artistic vision of God but not God, every single individual force is actually God adding on too the vision with each manifestation
>>
>>18215100
I've really kind of accepted for a while now that since God a)can do anything and b) is Himself an exploration of infinity, that all fiction is actually real. Not only that but for each piece of fiction/parallel reality storytelling there are infinite variations on that story, and thus so there must be infinite variations of our own lives happening simultaneously.

One thing I've thought of in regards to the character vs. man at the typewriter is you can tell your Man at the Typewriter that they are also being typewritten and to let you write your own story and you can kind of take control of your own destiny that way (at least within God's good graces).

As to why people play roles, it makes the story more interesting if there are many different types of characters, essentially. And if you really learn to excel at your specialization, you can be regarded as a master of your craft, which is enough for most people I'm assuming. In the immortal words of one of my good friends, "Do you, guy.".
>>
>>18215100
There are multiple Kings or Gods in this world (Dimensional realms). But there is one who rules over them all. Which one would you believe in?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.