[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Number Station?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: This thing.png (114KB, 1854x964px) Image search: [Google]
This thing.png
114KB, 1854x964px
The company I work for uses Whois Harvesting programs to scan for any newly bought domains. On my down time for shits and giggles, I always like to check out the domains that are nothing but long strings of numbers; Most of the time they are just held domains with nothing on them, Sometimes they lead you to spam sites or fake virus alerts so that you have to call some fuck in India to clean all of the virus. Sometimes you'll run across some Chinese gold farming sites. It's always fun to see how stupid they get, and boy do they get stupid.
Earlier today I came across this site, thought it was right up /x/'s alley. The screen cap is there for anyone who doesn't want to go to it.
What do you guys think? Number Station?
>>
OP forgot the link: http://www.457192455266334951535.com/
>>
Well.
I can honestly say I don't know what the fuck this is.
I tried writing down the phoentics but it wasn't making any words... Also I think it repeats after the 6 bell chimes...theres a lot here to take in surprsingly.
>>
>>18213208
Probably some edgy /g/aylord struggling to learn HTML5.

Got this audio link:

http://feed.831936918.xyz:8000/feed.ogg

Probably learning how to use HTML5 & Icecast for streaming a live audio feed as the background audio for a web page.
>>
>>18213720

that's a pretty odd test image for your theory. the image seems designed to fascinate people like /x/. my first guess would be that OP is trying to stir up interest in his AR game, not that it's just a random computer guy learning to internet.
>>
>>18213951
Been a while since we've had a decent ARG on here anyway, and the opening is believable enough for me to suspend disbelief, so i'll allow it.

I really have no fucking clue where to start though.
>>
>>18213951
>He thinks pictures must have a meaning
Nice one. Clearly, you have no idea about Masonry.
>>
>>18213973
/x/ is a shell of it's former self.
Jesus, remember when Chip-Chan happened?

Fuck man.
>>
this is actually pretty interesting, gonna see what i can do with the audio
>>
>>18214020
So yeah the recording definitely loops
>>
>>18214020

>>18214035
But other than that see waht you can do with it.

I've listened to the whole thing about 5 times now.

it repeats after the 6 bell chimes.
>>
>>18214035
yea, after that bell chime i believe, i wanna try to clear it up to see what she's saying
>>
>>18214043
mmmm keep us updated im shit with audio
>>
It seems that the stream only uses the NATO phonetic keywords "alpha", "bravo", "charlie", "delta", "echo", "foxtrot", "golf", "hotel", and "india", which obviously refer to the first 9 letters of the alphabet. I'll be using my VPS to rip as much of the stream as my VPS purveyor allows
>>
>>18214409
In other words... >>18213720

Deal with it. There's nothing occult about this; only some edgefag /g/aylord testing out live streams & HTML5 audio embedding to make a shitty ytmnd-styled web page.
>>
>>18214415
I'm not saying its occult; it's pretty clearly an ARG. I don't think that's a bad thing, though. We haven't had a good one in awhile, and this looks like at least some work went into it.
>>
>>18214409
I noticed that the domain names of both the site that hosts the image and the site that hosts the audio stream don't include zeros. Maybe the voice is encoding other number-based URLs?
>>
Speaking of Numbers Stations, is there anywhere I can record or listen to numbers stations online? I've got the Conet Project recordings but I'd love to record some so I can legally use the sounds in videos.
>>
>>18215256
http://websdr.org/
>>
File: didyagetit.jpg (68KB, 1913x1061px)
didyagetit.jpg
68KB, 1913x1061px
>>18215385
Is it this fucking guy again?
>>
>>18215378
Much appreciated anon
>>
ive hit a roadbump guys, im not that good with conversion of files, how do i convert a m3u to mp3, or xpsf to mp3?
>>
>>18215853
m3u and xpsf are reproduction list formats.

>>18215387
The server was interesting, did we got contacted by interdimensional beings again?

Or is the spamming cryptic crowd.

As long as they take it easy.
>>
Okay, so, got the ports that are open on the server IP, one of them was SSH, tried to access, no dice, it needs key auth.

On the other hand, another port that was open was the 6667 port, otherwise know as the IRC port. I joined the server, and much to my surprise, it gave me the MOTD of EbonyServer, an IRC server for the 'weirdest internet riddle', E.B.O.N.Y.

Nothing but a not-too-ellaborate riddle.

Ebony site: https://ebonyriddle.com/
IRC network if you still care enough to join it: 162.216.17.183:6667
>>
>>18215877
Well thanks.

Always surprised at how fast do you get bored by this things.

Silly riddles, for silly minds.
>>
Going straight off the image, it seems as if it's upside down, or the creator wants you to flip it. Look at the treble cleffs, they're flipped. Rotate the image 180 degrees, and you get two mirrored treble cleffs. Could there be some sort of hidden musical code? I've seen it done before, where seemingly meaningless symbols could get converted into notes, then numbers, and then words.
>>
What is going on with all these images 404ing on the site?
>>
Does anyone know what that bell ringing is called? it sounds too fucking familiar to me. Please.
>>
>>18214001
You mean, when a bunch of assists sat by and watched as a mentally ill woman's mind deteriorated away, soley for their own entertainment?

/x/ is full of degenerates, always has been and always will be.
>>
>>18215959
Nevermind, I found the bell. It's the Westminster Chime, commonly used in japanese highschools and old clocks.
>>
So i've been working on the NATO and I discovered a pattern. check it out

Westminster Chimes

ACCGAIFBEEEBHBEFBHFCAAEDAEDAIFBEEE

EEHADEAEEBACBAECBEIEEBGCFCFE EICCIADBCEIEBFIEDEABIGABEBHEIEAFEAECE

WESTMINSTER CHIMES

ACCGAEDEEBEEEBHBEFBHFCAAEDAEDAIFBEEE .......etc etc

The point i'm making is that this is most obviously a code the number one telling thing is look at the order of numbers after the west minsted chime. it's almost identical save for some letters in the middle.
>>
Number stations in eastern Europe used to have that bell chime followed by either morse code or phonetics..most of it was for testing of hardware,some thought they were to wake up sleeper cells etc but the fact they tend to replay all day everyday kinda debunks that theory.
>>
>>18215877
Same guy here. I actually contacted the owner of the Ebony puzzle, and he claims that he has no connection to the page. Also, the IRC network is mostly abandoned, I've been able to access a channel, only one person there, a netAdmin, but, strangely enough, his whois says he's been idle for nearly 47 years. That's of course not possible, I think his account is just too old for the chanserv to comprehend, so it spits out an arbitrary idle amount.

Anyway, there's another channel on there, which has two users, presumably the same netAdmin, and another person. The interesting thing is that the channel is key locked. I will attempt to access the channel tomorrow, but for now, this is all that I have.
>>
>>18216629
In other words, it's a 47-year-old fart from some place in the former Soviet bloc who's learning HTML5 & struggling to keep a pirate radio network alive.
>>
wow an actual /x/ thread

no wonder there's no replies
>>
>>18217166
It's been a very /x/ day.

Less memes more actual paranormal threads.

We almost went a day without a mandela thead in fact.

>>18216693
I vote for autistic scandinavian, with too much time, it looks to polished for the russian brutalism in web design.
>>
>>18216629
Same guy. Apparently over the night, the unlocked channel gained an user and became key locked. I will attempt a dictionary attack when I get the chance, and report back.
>>
>>18218497
And just like that, both channels are gone. One thing I've noticed is that the main domain of the feed now links to ebonyriddle.com. I guess that's solved: the guy was just testing something out or whatever, despite claiming to not being connected to this.
>>
>>18218639
Nah dude. The NATO is a definite code. the repetition is a key to that.
I think they are linked. But this is a thing of it's own volition.
>>
>>18218751
The domain literally links to the site of the puzzle. How can you not dissmiss it as planned part of the puzzle? It's the same guy hosting it, I checked the whois. It's just another one of those kiddie puzzles, stop finding meaning in something where there isn't any.
>>
>>18219314
You may as well ask him to stop coming to /x/ then.
>>
File: IMG_1298.jpg (71KB, 528x534px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1298.jpg
71KB, 528x534px
>>18213208
I'LL BE A SON OF A BITCH
BOBBY LASHLEY IS THE CODE!
>>
>>18213208
They are for domain auctions, it's how to launder money in plain site with little overhead, no oversight (who's going to notice a domain getting sold) and it beats registering an international transfer which is noticed by a lot of people.
>>
The grand mysteries of life usually all revolve around money.
>>
>>18213208
can you explain to me why the company you work for scans for newly bought domains
>>
>>18213208
50k for a number domain.

https://flippa.com/7002655-2130-com

They sell for a fortune.
>>
>>18220114
SEO shit, and the motivation is always money.
>>
>>18220205
>https://flippa.com/7002655-2130-com

Ja.

Interesante.
>>
>>18220211
Yup

You'll also note that each of the domains in the NNNNN.Com or whatever sequence are all gone up to the ten million mark. I've generally assumed they are ledger payout entries or Swiss account numbers or some shit but who knows.

They are an easy way to transfer funds. Selling a business is still tax free as I recall. A domain with some junk site is still legally a business and about the easiest way to sell a 'business' very quietly.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.