[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everything is Sound

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

File: sound.jpg (11KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
sound.jpg
11KB, 284x177px
Ever see a talented vocalist shatter a wine glass using only their voice?

A recently deceased man claimed to have unlocked the secret of sound. There are videos online in where he successfully levitates a variety of objects using sound alone. Some believe sound can travel faster than light, and could possibly be the answer to macro scale space travel.

All vibration whether audible or not is sound. They say that vibration could be what makes up reality on a fundamental level. String theory suggests the universe itself is almost like a giant "instrument" being plucked. Like a harp, with intersecting strings all touching.

What is music? We can only perceive a tiny fraction of all vibration that occurs. We use this spectrum to express ourselves, to make music. It inspires us to think, it makes us feel. Music seems to almost have a personality, separate from out interpretation of it. What if music were the language of God? What if music was the language of the Universe? Except our human tools of perception can only detect an interpret a tiny fraction of the possibility. This idea gives a new perspective on the "Humans can never perceive the mind of God" idea. Perhaps we aren't equipped to handle the majesty which lies beyond our range of perception.

Some believe animals are able to perceive "ghosts" or spiritual entities more effectively. Many animals are able to hear vibration(sound) on a frequency much higher than humans. What if the soul was merely a vibration.

In many religions around the world, Music is used to praise God. Some songs were believed to hold special "power" and significance in the eyes of God. What if there are long lost civilizations who understood the role of sound in the Universe.

I've been toying with these ideas after watching a couple documentaries on the subject. I believe there is more than meets the eye, concerning this particular topic.

New ideas are encouraged.
>>
>>18212342
More than meets the ear***

Anyway, vibrations are the movement of energy. Everything is energy, yes, everything is vibrations.

I believe music helps stimulate and recreates patterns of harmony in brain function. Hence its mood changing abilities.

Essentially, thoughts are a type of song, but you can't hear it as song. The repeating wave patterns and electric signals though, create a cacophony in your head; that is the mind.
>>
>>18212342
Sound= Perception of vibration
Sight= Perception of vibration
Touch= Perception of vibration
Gee, anon, I wonder what's is vibration
>>
>>18212366
Music could be a way to communicate to the soul on a base level.
>>
File: patrickstar.jpg (40KB, 240x249px) Image search: [Google]
patrickstar.jpg
40KB, 240x249px
>>18212342
I need to see those videos
>mfw Tolkien was right all the time
>>
>>18212382
>Silmarillion
>Silmarillion
>Silmarillion
>>
>>18212382
This is actually a really interesting point I almost brought up in the main post. "Tom Bombadil" is believed to be the incarnation of sound. He was said to be timeless. Also the entire Tolkein universe is a song.
>>
>>18212385
>>18212386
I always remember about Silmarillion when the "universe is made of vibrations, almost like a music" and it feels so odd to me.
>>
Look up acoustic levitation. I can't find the video I saw where the man was levitating things, it was part of a larger lecture on the topic. I do remember that the man took his secret to his grave.
>>
>>18212382
And Tesla...
>>
>>18212342
>A recently deceased man claimed to have unlocked the secret of sound.

Proof of life after death!
>>
>>18212342
Reminds me of the coral castle guy.
>>
>>18212525
In the lecture I watched, the presenter referenced the coral castle. The man building the castle was said to be seen with a device that resembled a "cone" sort of like the ones on a record player.
>>
>>18212375
*sound = pressure oscillation detection
(so yes, vibrations)
*sight = electromagnetic oscillation detection
(so kind of vibrations)
*touch = pressure detection
(not a vibration)
there's also temperature detection, heated molecules vibrate, we don't know exactly how thermoception works yet
touch and taste are detection of chemicals in the air or food, respectively
>>
File: matrix.jpg (1MB, 1000x678px) Image search: [Google]
matrix.jpg
1MB, 1000x678px
>>18212375
>>18212342
>>18212556

It's all about 1's and 0's.
>>
>>18212342
You're right Op seriously, you now understand more about the universe and what magic is. It's the sound of music. Not even fucking around, you now understand more about the fundamentals of reality.
>>
>>18212678
We're not in a simulation no matter how badly you want us to be. Even now you are emitting a rhythm even now. You're a musical note in the chorus of the universe.
>>
>>18212694
We're not, but free will can make us think we are, and that's enough to create the matrix.
>>
>>18212342
You just described "Om", as the origin of the universe.
>>
>>18212715
Whatever, I don't understand what draws people to the simulation thing. There really isn't any proof, just because we can make a comparison between the two doesn't make it true.

The same can be said for anything really, just because you can draw a equation on a dry erase board, doesn't make the universe strictly an equation. People think so linearly and following one encompassing explanation will get us no where, nothing truly encapsulates it all. It's just too large for that and too complicated.
>>
>>18212734
"Aum"
>>
energy is information
information is energy
>>
>>18212746
Energy=Mass x The speed of light squared...for some reason.
>>
>>18212734
Also describes the reasoning behind mantras, I used to think mantras held a different meaning to each person specifically (as each person will interpret it differently), but no, mantras exist because the vibrational frequency of specific phrases or words supposedly harbor specific mind states conductive to enlightenment.
>>
>>18212737
>People think so linearly and following one encompassing explanation will get us no where
They are in a simulation.
>>
>>18212678
You know 2's are being a thing soon right?
>>
>>18212342
spacetime is flat

Any appearance of dimension is just an illusion caused by vibrations. I guess in layman's terms you could call this "sound". Its not really a big revelation though.
>>
>>18213343
>when the stupid is so strong you just want to go to bed

Spacetime is a flat THREE DIMENSIONAL substance. It's not flat as in having no dimensions. It's flat in that if you go in one direction you won't loop back around to where you start.

For analogy, a tablecloth can be thought of as a flat 2D object, while the surface of a balloon would be a closed, curved 2D object.
>>
>>18212342
>A recently deceased man claimed to have unlocked the secret of sound. There are videos online in where he successfully levitates a variety of objects using sound alone.
What, no videos for the thread?
>Some believe sound can travel faster than light, and could possibly be the answer to macro scale space travel.
Well that's absurd, we have JETS faster than sound.
>>
File: PCM.gif (7KB, 375x422px) Image search: [Google]
PCM.gif
7KB, 375x422px
>>18212737
Free will can be construed as a burden. Hence the choice of viewing reality from within a lens of predestination frees one of the necessity to think, only to remember. It requires less energy, and can be a comfort for those who are already stressed to the limits of their brains. Which is no jab at them--reality is stressful. Coping with freewill can be hard work.

In the end, don't those who view reality through the lens of freewill don such a burden, so that others won't have to?

Opposite as we may be, the two groups need each other. If you ask me, the only ones who take it too far are the "matrix hackers," who try to "wake people up." If someone wants to convince themselves that they're in a simulation, I say have fun with that. More power to them.

That said, the difference between analogue information and digital information is inextricable. No finite amount of digital approximation can ever catch up to the stream in real time. It's very nature is to take a step back, and only simulate the most recent set of pasts.
>>
File: 1472147765586.gif (2MB, 294x210px) Image search: [Google]
1472147765586.gif
2MB, 294x210px
>underage found out that sound is oscillation of a gaseous environment
>he has no clue this shit is covered by most recent theories and the super fluid proposition exists
Are you fucking retarded? Read a physics book for fucks sake.
>>
File: cymatics12_01.jpg (87KB, 500x422px) Image search: [Google]
cymatics12_01.jpg
87KB, 500x422px
>>
>>18216872
please show somebody reproducing the shape with a "tonoscope" with the "om sound"
i would genuinely enjoy seeing this
>>
>>18215582
You are needlessly hostile, this isn't exactly common knowledge.
>>
>>18212342

>Some believe sound can travel faster than light

Okay? Those people are idiots to think that.
>>
>>18216883
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7r8_RONqLA

Have fun.
>>
"There is geometry in the humming of the strings, there is music in the spacing of the spheres."

That is a quote by Pythagoras who realized this long ago.

Read the book called Quadrivium if you are interested in these things. It displays the connections between math, astronomy, and music. Modern tonality and harmonics aren't fully mirroring these classical laws because cultural tastes have shifted what is considered "in tune". There is a perfect music yet to be created which would cause psychological phenomena imo by amplifying consciousness
>>
File: 1471815822718.jpg (64KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
1471815822718.jpg
64KB, 768x960px
>>18216918
>Rothschild
>>
>There are videos online in where he successfully levitates a variety of objects using sound alone.

can you link some of those more convincing videos?
>>
>>18213201
they're not 2's, they're 1 and 0 at the same time.
>>
>>18218145
well, more like they're a superposition of every possible state of 0s and 1s in an arbitrarily sized bit, until the waveform collapses.
>>
Watch Ancient Knowledge documentary series, you won't be disappointed
>>
>>18212386
>Also the entire Tolkein universe is a song.
Where can I find more about this? thanks
>>
>>18212342
So we need jet fighters that can be controlled via musical instrument to defeat space vampires?
>>
>>18213201
Please Go on..
>>
>>18212737
The "proof" is in the statistics. Chances are we indeed live in a simulation
>>
>>18218256
Way ahead of ya'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZVeJ2rh6ts
>>
>>18218252

Thin he's referencing the Silmarillion. It's Tolkien's theogony of Middle Earth. You can find it pretty easy online, but it opens with Eru, the One, creating a host of angels and having them sing the world into creation.
>>
>>18212342
well, you've got some things right, and some things wrong. I would suggest doing some more in depth study of physics.

>There are videos online in where he successfully levitates a variety of objects using sound alone.
You don't say exactly *how* he goes about this, but is possible in general. There are already devices which can levitate objects within a confined space using low frequency sound waves. Also videos of this on youtube, check them out.
>All vibration whether audible or not is sound.
In a way... kind of. Technically, sound is something audible, specifically vibrations within the frequencies that can be heard.
>They say that vibration could be what makes up reality on a fundamental level.
This is where you're going off track. Who are "They"? also, no. Vibration is the oscillating movement of matter. Reality on a fundamental level is subatomic matter. Vibration is only a description of how that matter moves.
>String theory suggests...
You are taking a very simplified metaphor of a very complex subject and taking it a bit too literally, here. Read up on string theory as explained by actual physicists, as there are a lot of pseudo-science nutjobs who misinterpret what the theory really is and apply it in a completely unfounded and nonsensical way. Especially around here, people like to throw around words and phrases like "string theory" and "quantum" without actually understanding what they are really about.

>What if music were the language of God?
Come on, dude. really? If you want to go about things in a philosophical/theological sense, have at it, but don't try to misuse science, scientific terms, or theories to it unless you really have a firm grasp on it.

The nature of reality is a complex and wondrous thing to explore and discover as it is. Trying to mix it with mysticism and superstition is only going to cloud your view of that beauty, though.
>>
File: star singer.jpg (160KB, 1280x720px)
star singer.jpg
160KB, 1280x720px
>tfw no star singer to unite the consciousness of humanoids and create an immortal hivemind
>>
>>18212342
>I've been toying with these ideas after watching a couple documentaries on the subject.

We need to cultivate critical thinking skills in today's youth.
>>
>>18212342
>Some believe sound can travel faster than light

yea, youtubers who have no idea what the fuck they are talking about

And what if it could? what if sound could travel faster than the speed of light? shooting yourself out of the wide end of a tuba doesnt make you into sound, it just makes you and idiot with a masive tuba doing idiot things, because you are an idiot
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.