[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone had nightmares about a guy in a top hat and black

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11

Has anyone had nightmares about a guy in a top hat and black suit. What is it?
>>
Me, idk probably satan or something

Beat the shitcout of me several times
>>
Do you get sleep paralysis?
>>
>>18211198
It's my niece and sometimes she sleep walks
>>
simple pattern that is a reasonably common depiction of an ethereal antagonist in popular culture

dreams unpack these mechanisms and produce 'training' responses for encounters that might happen in real life

like your brain imagining what its like to be beaten up or chased by a someone you cant evade
>>
File: image.png (87KB, 261x197px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
87KB, 261x197px
Haven't seen it personally, but it reminds me of the Grey Man from LSD dream emulator
>>
It's nothing to be worried about. It's just the exorcist visiting.
>>
That thing is what is known as a shadow creature and this is the most known and potentially deadly (given the circumstances I believe) of shadow creatures. It is known as the Hatman and has been sighted numerous times, some even from a close friend of mine. However, if you have sleep paralysis (more regularly, in nightmares), then it is just a figment of your mind during that time, however some people (friend included) have said that they have seen it without having sleep paralysis or in nightmares. Whatever it truly is, it seems to be an important figure. If you would like to, please describe these nightmares
>>
>>18211452
fuck you, shadow people can't actually harm you. They're just a challenge. You need to learn to love them instead of fear them and if you can you unlock secrets of the dream plane. Don't fuckin' scaremonger
>>
>>18211172
his name is Zanfretta
google "pierfortunato Zanfretta"
and discover what's happening to you
>>
File: image.jpg (400KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
400KB, 1536x2048px
Heres a greentext i made from a while back about a dream i had where i was to sleep in a strange room
>>
>>18211218
Hey the one guy on /x/ that isn't a rolepalying faggot, good for you man
>>
>>18211172
OY VEY
>>
The spanish inquisition
>>
>>18211423
Thats what he's based off of.
>>18211172
You have a problem with Greyco?
>>
>>18211172
I have friends who've seen him
>>
File: Skull-face-profile.png (1MB, 1100x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Skull-face-profile.png
1MB, 1100x1080px
SUCH A LUST.
>>
>>18211172
Colours sometimes vary- yellow and green of same description are common
>Etheric Mafia
Find your local shrink or someone experimenting with the 4th density level of consciousness and ask them.
>>
I'm under the impression that he is a primal projection of fear

Not sold in the idea that he is an external entity
>>
It's fucking Zorro you stupid-as-fuck pieces-of-shit.
>>
>>18213383
>primal
>tophat
>>
>>18211172
dunno man
saw this guy on my first sleep paralysis when i was a kid. "beated" two of these guys (wearing hoodies, not hats) and havent saw them in a while
they had the power to take out my breath, these guys almost kill me
glad i dont have these nightmares anymore
not roleplaying btw, its probably just my brain representing fears
>>
A nightmare dumb fuck
>>
there was some whale sized canadian girl on one of those spooky destination america shows that was seeing this thing all the time
>>
>>18213432
>representing fears
No it's just a typical part of sleep paralysis to see figures. It's your brain trying to explain the sensation of having trouble not breathing that comes from the paralysis.

Like when you hear say, a someone knocking at the door while you're sleeping, and in your dream there is something falling down stairs making the knocking sound.

When I was a kid I had lots of upper respiratory problems that sometimes made it hard to breath at night, and I'd see all sorts of shit explaining it in my dreams. A briefcase stuck to my face, a bunch of dogs licking my face, being stuck in a pile of pillows, etc.
>>
>>18213466
huh, so it was even more simple
nice dubs btw
>>
I had this when I was a small child, except 'he' was wearing a hood and carried me gently to another room. I woke up in a different bed. I remember there being a feeling of inner peace. Like that feeling you get when you smell winter coming on.
>>
I have a memory of being 3 of 4 and waking one morning when my dad was going to work.
It was around 5 am. We lived in a trailer back then. I was sleeping in my parents bed in the room at the end of the house because I'd often have nightmares and gets scared to sleep alone, like children do. Through the doorway, I could see into the small hallway where our washing machine and dryer were. before you'd enter the kitchen. There was a door that led outside in the middle of the hall and I saw a shadow figure and a taller shadow figure with a hat hovering in front of it. They were a foggy black and sort of had a bouncy effect as they hovered, if that makes sense. Like how fire changes shape, but they were like fire that held one shape and barely flickered.
I stared at them and just remember falling back to sleep.
I remembered it for years, but eventually forgot. When I was in my 20s I discovered hat man, and the memory came back. Change my perspective on reality, to say the least.

I also witnessed a shadow hand reaching over my shelf when I was sick with a bug at age 10 in that house.I had panic attacks, nightmares, and would see visions of death for a few months afterwards.. then one day they just stopped..

Other things happened in that house as well.. Jiggling doorknobs. being touched and there being nobody around. Foggy white smoke passing through me and giving me chills.
I saw a creepy, faceless straw doll my mom had move..

When we moved out of that trailer on that patch of land in the country, I never experienced that type of stuff again..
>>
>>18211172
Fucker tried to run me over 3 times in different dreams. When I was little I was afraid to go to bed because of terrible nightmares and the fact that my bedroom and the whole upstairs of the house was creepy as hell. I found out yesterday that all my cousins have always thought that and were actually always trying to avoid going up there. Very spooky.
>>
>>18211452
Whenever I have sleep paralysis I just shut my eyes. I don't see why everyone is so freaked out about it, you can control your eyelids. Sometimes I enjoy sleep paralysis.
>>
>>18213346
>>
>>18211172
i have a dream where I'm at home and when I go down stairs he is sitting in my living room and we talk for a while and then he says you need to wake up something is trying to kill you and then I wake up full with scratches in my body
>>
>>18214017
I get audio hallucinations. The most common I hear is a vacuum cleaner (???), but I've also heard static and a woman speaking in tongues. That one did me a good scare.
>>
>>18211172
Freddy Kruger confirmed?
>>
>>18211172
In Norse myth the god Odin dresses like that when he goes to the mortal realm.
>>
GET OFF MY TRAIN
>>
>>18211172

It's a demon come to pimp out your butthole.
>>
its your dumb brain coming up with stupid unimaginative shit
>>
>>18211172
Nigga, thats just zorro.
>>
>>18211172
>What is it?

A paranormal meme
>>
File: o-ZORRO-COYOTE-facebook.jpg (390KB, 1536x1976px) Image search: [Google]
o-ZORRO-COYOTE-facebook.jpg
390KB, 1536x1976px
>>18211172
>>
File: image.jpg (11KB, 116x174px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 116x174px
>>
File: thegayblade.jpg (39KB, 650x412px) Image search: [Google]
thegayblade.jpg
39KB, 650x412px
>>
>>18214017
>>18214200
i remember reading some story on here about a guy that did that. he said that once he closed his eyes he could hear and feel something breathing on his face and when he opened his eyes he was staring directly into some fucked up creature. that honestly sounds worse than just dealing with someone standing there.
>>
File: the_babadook_by_eemeling-d8aydfu.jpg (233KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
the_babadook_by_eemeling-d8aydfu.jpg
233KB, 800x1200px
If it's in a word, or if it's in a book
you can't get rid of the Babadook.
He wears a hat
he's tall and black
but that's how they describe him in his book.
A rumbling sound, than three sharp knocks
you better run, or he'll hold you in his locks.
ba-ba-ba-dook-dook-dook...
Your closet opens
and your honestly hopin'
that he won't hear a sound
but that's when you know that he's around.
The book close
you have an itch under your nose
and that's just how the story goes.
So close your eyes and count to ten
better hope you don't wake up again.
'Cause if it's in a word, or if it's in a book
you can't get rid of the Babadook
.... you'll see him if you look
>>
Its Alucard
>>
OP here. It's not me its happening to, but a family member. She sometimes scratches at her throat during the nightmare
>>
>>18211172
That's actually fairly common, as someone else said especially with sleep paralysis. Wouldn't think too much of it unless nightmare on elm street stuff starts happening lol
>>
>>18211172
Your father.
>>
>>18214947
where did you get this picture of me
>>
>>18214489
STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT, EXCHANGING GLANCES.
>>
>>18214947
That movie is so good, especially considering he's an original character
>>
>>18211172
saw it as a little kid in early 90s
did a double take when the babadook movie showed it's face it was exactly how i had dreamed/saw it.
still freaks me the fuck out.
>>
>>18211172
Cultural manifestation of the fear of authority paired with obscurity of identity. You worry that forces you cannot control are threatening you, which parallels the geopolitical fact that you live in a country with a government that does, in fact, control forces which could at any point decide that you are a threat. Many tropes in film-noir and contemporary pop-culture reference the behatted, trench-coated figure, and you have unconsciously embedded them into your thinking patterns. Try actually going out in a hat and trench-coat. Become the night.
>>
I see this description a lot and it bothers me because I had a real life experience that was similar, except I was awake and in a group of like six guys who all saw it.

When I was in middle school me and some friends snuck out of my buddies house and went on a walk around the neighborhood. We were walking around the outskirts of an old park in the middle of town when I heard on of my friends in the back of the group let out a half hearted "w-what the fuck"
I turn around and there's some guy wearing a fucking trench coat and a top hat slowly limping towards us, like a zombie sort of dragging his back foot. I remember at the time he kind of reminded me of the headless cabby episode of Hey Arnold, before the dude lost his head. My friends take off but I just froze man. He was back-lit by a streetlight so I couldn't make out any features, I can only remember his outline basically. He probably got within like 6 feet from me when I finally took off but I guess my eyes weren't adjusted to the dark well enough to make anything out.

It was probably just a homeless guy or something, but it bothers me that he was moving so slow with that limp yet he managed to get within 10 feet of us before we noticed he was there. We were all constantly turning back to talk to guys in the back of the group it makes no sense. Sometimes I almost forget it happened until one of the guys that was there that night brings it up. I know the stories not super spooky or anything but it was definitely like the second scariest thing that's ever happened to me.
>>
I've had recurring dreams of a tall dark figure with a dog's/wolf's head for a long time now.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.