[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/ is there any method of testing your reality? I walked away

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 15

File: IMG_5009.jpg (73KB, 496x492px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5009.jpg
73KB, 496x492px
/x/ is there any method of testing your reality?

I walked away from a really bad car accident a 6 months ago, but now I'm starting to wonder if I'm still back there and this is just one long fantasy before I die.
>>
browsing 4chan everyday and never breaking your daily routine will help you break that thought pattern.
>>
File: 147589859722.jpg (24KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
147589859722.jpg
24KB, 720x404px
Don't worry, this is a dream.

I'm sure next time someone will not forget to wipe your previous config.
>>
>>18210899
Hold your nose and try to exhale through it.If you cant feel anything you are dreaming if you can you are awake.
This is one simple reality check.
>>
>>18210899
Dunno, been in the same state for a couple years now. But I'm all ears for suggestions.
>>
Well, given that your able to communicate. I'd assume your in reality, because I doubt this thread would've been made if you where in a dream. Or perhaps I'm in a dream as Well, who knows. Life consists of reality checks.
>>
>>18210899
We're on the same boat, Anon. Had a near death experience 6 years ago and i'm pretty sure i died back then. My therapist assured me it was part of PTSD or some shit, and although i've recovered since then i still have the feeling i'm not who i used to/am supposed to be. Like i have very little memory of what i actually looked like before the accident, most of my childhood picture albums went fucking missing and the most fucked up part is i crearly remember having a birthmark on my right foot which is now gone. I may never know. Good luck bro.
>>
>>18210899
I've tried to commit suicide like 20 times with pills. I sometimes wonder the same thing. It always seems I pass out somewhere random and wake up.
>>
>>18210899
I'm in the same boat, pretty sure I died in Iraq in 08.
>>
This is a simulation.

We're experiencing the birth of technology that creates realities indistinguishable from our own - it's foolish to think that it hasn't already happened before.
>>
File: muffins.jpg (136KB, 620x822px) Image search: [Google]
muffins.jpg
136KB, 620x822px
>>
I'm betting everybody that agrees with this experienced some type of head trauma.
>>
>>18211428
enjoy popping your eardrums retard
>>
>>18211641
How have you failed so many times? Like... just take more pills maybe? holy fuck
>>
>>18210899
>>18211573
>>18211630
Same here. Full blown derealization in 2011, it never actually went away. I just found a good coping mechanism.
>>
>>18210899
Look up "brain in a vat" theory: it proves that what you ask can not be done.
>>
>>18212017
>foolish to think that it hasn't already happened before

No, on the contrary, it's fucking retarded to make a positive claim (what you're doing) without any evidence or argumentation to prove your claim.
>>
>>18211641
>Suicide, pills, failed several times

It isn't suicide if you want to survive, it's you attention whoring, so, find real letal way or just stop pretending you want to die
>>
>>18212041
Lol
>>
>>18212500
Or you could just post it here, you know, like normar /x/ members
>>
Once I was in a car and there was a prick in a Range Rover on my side of the road. I wasn't driving so I covered my eyes expecting impact but never felt anything, and the Range Rover must have disappeared around the corner already. Maybe I'm dead, maybe you're dead, and everyone here is living in an alternate reality for people who don't know they're dead. Or maybe not. I guess we'll never know.
>>
File: you don't need to be edgy.jpg (51KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
you don't need to be edgy.jpg
51KB, 480x360px
>>18212509
>>
>is there any method of testing your reality?

Anything that has enough power to create a simulation, aliens, god(s), our future selves, whatever, has the power to completely fool any test anyway.

And let's say you find a glitch in reality, still you never know if you really saw it or not, if it's just the psychological or physical effects of trauma that caused you to see that little glitch. Or what if it's ghosts or something that has no bearing on the answer to whether you are alive or not.

And it's almost always just one person seeing a glitch, and for a very short time, and it's usually not repeatable. And lets say you see someone walk through a wall, it could be a ghost or a million other explanations.

If you want to test the limits of your perception through the occult or psi training or whatever, you can do it, but nothing can satisfy the condition of being a strong test of whether we are alive in this reality.

As far as what the best strategy is, maybe just accepting that we'll never know and living as if it is real brings the most hapiness in the long run?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KK_kzrJPS8
>>
How to test your reality in 2 steps.

Step 1: Go into the wilderness, preferably a Desert.
Step 2: Survive.

You'll know if this shit is real or not then.

Hint: It's real. Please go see a hypnotherapist to relive those moments to ground them to the physical reality you currently majorly experience.
>>
>>18212409
Did yours also involve a close brush with death?
>>
>>18210899

I just dreamed about something similar this morning and found out I can not see the mole in my hand inside my dreams.

In short try to look yourself in a mirror.
>>
>>18210899
consider this. what is the universe? the universe is everything that is observed right? but everyone observes a different part of this universe, and gets different information from it. those informations we decode then and call it our reality. implying that everyone has another reality. while gaining new knowledge and experience we alter and enhance our current reality, some people see that as destruction of the universe and thus block things not fitting their reality which we call ignorance (but thats another issue). also keep in mind the same information can be decoded in a different way. for example you walk in the woods at night, can barely see anything and hear something in the bushes. you assume its just a cat and keep going. 5 mins later another guy comes along, hears the same thing in the bushes, but assumes its a monster and runs away. now 1 set of informations, 2 different sets of interpretations, 2 different realities. which one is real? you would obviously say "the one with the cat because monsters arent real". but how can you know that you just havent seen a monster yet? or even weirder, what if by decoding the information to be a monster, we create the monster, much like when in a computer game a bug appears it shouldnt be there, but it obviously is since the 1s and 0s were decodes wrongly, just as the noise in the bush. than what about hallucinations? are they really not real because you cant see them? they are real for the guy having them for sure. why is your observation more real than the one of the other guy. i mean just as you think he is crazy for seeing them, he will think you are blind for not seeing them.
>>
>>18210899
>>18213369
(part 2)
considering that everything you think is real is real, because your perception makes it so. each and everyone is a different reality/universe, exchanging informations with other universes which may are the same, differ a bit, or differ quite a lot. and we exchange those information by talking and writing, communicating with others, which are a whóle universe on their own. remember mainstream science even talks about multiple universes possibly existing. maybe they are closer and easier to get to than we think. just talk with someone and you will find a new universe

so even if it is just a fantasy you have from back than it is still reality since you percieve it to be real
>>
>>18212509
pretty mean way to say it but basically yes. if he really would have wanted to die he would looked for another option instead of pills at the 12th try
>>
>>18213390
It's not that. He likely experienced confirmation of quantum immortality. He did successfully kill himself in another reality and simply switched consciousness to this on. Another guy who mentioned his suicide relayed the same experience but he remembered the world between realities. This is what I've come to conclude happens after at least some deaths. People often report the experience of reality being "different" after they survive. You can research it yourself. Experiences like this are posted all over the internet.
>>
>>18210899
>tfw been in that exact position
I was pretty sure I was lucid-dreaming until the first time I went to my parents' house post-hospital. I'm no shrink, but all I can recommend is talk to as many familiar faces, in familiar settings, as possible. Be physically active, sitting on your ass all day makes this sort of thing worse in my experience.

If I had been allowed on an upstairs balcony or something during my hospital stay, I would have jumped off so the fall would wake me up. Don't do that.
>>
I almost drowned when I was 7, saw black dots and flashing lights before I passed out, but I was pulled from the water before I died.

I've learned that when you die, DMT is released in the brain making you see shit. I wonder if that is what I am living right now.
>>
have you ever wondered about how fragile our consciousness is? Just taking a couple pills can alter your reality forever or worse. How can we truly believe anything?
>>
File: airplane captcha.jpg (72KB, 402x601px) Image search: [Google]
airplane captcha.jpg
72KB, 402x601px
>>18212041
>>
>>18212041
why does this gross me out
>>
File: ProfBee.png (3KB, 144x142px) Image search: [Google]
ProfBee.png
3KB, 144x142px
>>18210899
Before the Higgs boson was confirmed by the LHC, Nielsen and Ninomiya suggested that the failures to find the Higgs is a result of Higgs conspiring and bending time backwards. (I.e. every time we "find" the Higgs boson, the time is reversed back to before the experiment started).

CERN devised an experiment to determine if this was the case. The idea was that the scientists would make 1 Million cards, 999,999 of them would say "Do the experiment", and 1 would say "Don't do the experiment". The protocol would be, the scientists would draw a card at random, and if the card said "Do", then they would always attempt to run the LHC and look for the boson. If it said "don't" then they would not.

Now, the idea is, if you draw a card, and it says "Don't do the experiment", it means that with high probability, Higgs was bending time. Because the chance of drawing that card normally is 1 in a million. Which would suggest that you must have been drawing the card many many times, and each time you have been reversed back to where you started, until you hit the special card.
>>
File: 31d.gif (156KB, 260x187px) Image search: [Google]
31d.gif
156KB, 260x187px
>>18212041
>>
>>18216789

top kek
>>
File: skipNOplane.jpg (131KB, 632x937px) Image search: [Google]
skipNOplane.jpg
131KB, 632x937px
>>18216765
>>
File: 1463193358449.jpg (291KB, 1519x1581px) Image search: [Google]
1463193358449.jpg
291KB, 1519x1581px
>>18216789
This is both brilliant and scary as hell.

Any place I can read about it?

For you OP.

One night, Zhuangzi dreamed of being a butterfly — a happy butterfly, showing off and doing things as he pleased, unaware of being Zhuangzi. Suddenly he awoke, drowsily, Zhuangzi again. And he could not tell whether it was Zhuangzi who had dreamt the butterfly or the butterfly dreaming Zhuangzi. But there must be some difference between them! This is called 'the transformation of things'.

庄子 or 莊子 Zhūangzi (c. 369 BC – c. 286 BC)
>>
>>18210899
some people jump with intention of floating or pull on finger.

but if you are able to maintain conscious awareness without any changes in surrounding reality you not asleep.

with lucid dreaming consciousness is rarely maintained for long. it turns back into a dream unless you are very, very skilled.

so if you are dead, well, so are all of us, because this is as real as any of us know
>>
>>18212552
He's right tho
>>
>>18216646

it might be. this reality is merely a construction of your dying mind, and this is the universe calling you a faggot, faggot.
>>
>>18216789
Want to know more please for to give reading links okthx
>>
>>18212509
>>18212180
Dude you just told someone expressing suicidal thoughts to kill themselves because they want attention ?
maybe you're the one who wants attention. jut stop
>>
>>18216789
Wow that is so cool! I wonder what kind of other neat paranormal science tricks physicists do.
>>
one time i fell 20+ feet headfirst into cement
my untied shoe caught a branch inches from the ground
>>
>>18213369
> much like when in a computer game a bug appears it shouldnt be there, but it obviously is since the 1s and 0s were decodes wrongly,
good post except for this part, that's just not how glitches work. excpt for maybe a couple but you need to stick to your other analogies, good sir
>>
Maybe only people who died can be in this thread...
>>
if you're actually dead then that means you are essentially inside your brains simulation of real life. so if you were dead then this is just a fake simulated 4chan, so how would any of us be seeing this if you were in fact, dead?
>>
>>18210899
Why would you fantasise about me, OP? That's so gross.
>>
File: 5sk7fu2ahgst3.jpg (34KB, 618x677px) Image search: [Google]
5sk7fu2ahgst3.jpg
34KB, 618x677px
>>18210899
>/x/ is there any method of testing your reality?

If you want to know how to test your reality, the last group of people you should ask are a group of people that believe in the paranormal. The last thing that we believe in on this board is reality.

I strongly suggest you go ask /sci/ how to test your reality, they are the group most firmly based in a reality.
>>
I also was in a car accident almost 2 years ago. Still wondering how I didn't die, I hit my head pretty hard and got several injuries.
But I feel like I just had my guardian spirit there. He/she must be busy with me.
>>
eh, I've been in a bunch of car wrecks and near car wrecks. how bad was it? details.
>>
>>18212509
>I have no idea how the depressed mind works
Educate yourself, moron
>>
>>18212509
The will to live is the hardest thing to overcome. Thats why you gotta give a man credit when he actually goes through with it. The further you've come, the more attached you are to your life, on top of that, people are innately programmed if you will, to fear death, it's basic survival instincts kicking in when you decide to pop some pills or cut across, rather than down the road.
>>
>>18210899
i always thought life is just a dmt trip as your old brain dies chain this = immortality with each link in the chain time is twisted
>>
>>18212409
Please share your way of coping
>>
>>18211630
>>18210899
>>18212409

This is all literally textbook PTSD. The anon that called it derealization is right.

t. mental health major

>>18211641

As for you pal, God heals. I don't as out of place saying this here since it's /x/, so really. God loves you, man. And some other person out there loves you, be it friends or family. You're important, don't give up. Find a group, find a hobby, find God and you'll be much happier.
>>
File: almost 'awake'.jpg (39KB, 301x364px) Image search: [Google]
almost 'awake'.jpg
39KB, 301x364px
this thread and its posters are why every child should be given LSD at age 5. you can get all of this out of the way before puberty. all of this web.
>>
sounds like you need some Ubik, OP.
>>
>>18223625
Using God as a cure is basically saying "Sit there and no nothing."
>>
How do I get out / destroy this shit version?
>>
im starting to question my existence as well but im typing this and you typed that
dont overthink this were in this together
>>
>>18225843
>Implying I'm real
>>
You all have been drinking waaaay too much.

J//Leej
>>
>>18226304
says the tripfag
>>
Look up the evil genius thought experiment. There's no way.
>>
>>18223625
I think only a psychopath would be happier believing that the world is controlled by a being that thinks it's acceptable to torture someone forever for no good reason.
>>
>>18227163
or someone had their mind injected with those ideas when they were young
>>
>>18210899
Reality Testing:

>the objective evaluation of an emotion or thought against real life, as a faculty present in normal individuals but defective in psychotics.

Your thoughts aren't real, they are just mental constructs. When you fail to realize this, and your thoughts override and become reality, it is psychotic.

Most everyone is psychotic in some way, it's a continuum...
>>
File: virus.jpg (38KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
virus.jpg
38KB, 600x360px
>>18227225
Injected indeed. It doesn't have to be only when they are young thought, that's just when immune defenses are lowest.
>>
>>18212172
Implying that's harmful. Dopey shit
>>
>>18211641
WTF FAILED 20 times are you retard? Are you retard?...Well you are trying to commit suicide but faggot just use a gun dont be a pussy...BTW Attention whoring is what are you doing
>>
>>18227249
i mean blowing out, not just popping.
>>
I used god as a mind controlled slave cylinder.
>>
>>18210899
Your post is just a figment of my imagination loser
>>
>>18212172
The technique is called valsalva and if you can't do it to equalize your sinus pressure you can't be a jet pilot
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.