[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

forgotten languages discord

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

https://discord.gg/5zRwSy5
>>
File: 1449968174719.jpg (41KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
1449968174719.jpg
41KB, 736x736px
>>18209535
getting cold
>>
File: 1473966503921.jpg (3MB, 1599x10000px) Image search: [Google]
1473966503921.jpg
3MB, 1599x10000px
Bump.
>>
File: 1473373367648.jpg (2KB, 125x83px) Image search: [Google]
1473373367648.jpg
2KB, 125x83px
>>18209535

interesting. what is this all about ?
>>
>>18209543
Here are the archived links to the 4chan threads (formatting: newest - oldest):
1. https://archive.is/gWgDR
2. https://archive.is/gL1m8
3. https://archive.is/6tS3P
4. https://archive.is/wyqla
5. https://archive.is/rMj9G
6. https://archive.is/hubQn
7. https://archive.is/moLPu
8. https://archive.is/vtZRn
9. https://archive.is/Mti6P
10. https://archive.is/r3hKW
11. https://archive.is/YZfe9
12. https://archive.is/FBSTX
>>
>>18209544
The Giselians are coming to earth in 84 years and the engineered humans are not even ready. We need to be prepared for the great replacement.
>>
>>18209544
ayylmaos, miltech, nwo, the whole shebang
>>
This shit is horrifying. What is all this weird language stuff?
>>
>>18209564
That's the goal. To be able to read this and figure out the rest of the puzzle.
>>
>>18209546
i just realized I fucked up the format. It's from oldest (first thread) to newest (last thread).
>>
>>18209611
So what's with all the science links? Do they prove that we can talk to aliens?
>>
>>18209546
>It all starts with some Anons in /pol/ talking about a weird webpage with weird languages
>Somehow it ends about Cicada shilling and cryptic messages
Can someone give me a recount of the events and how it all end like that? i seriously don't have time to go through 12 links worth of threads.

This seems interesant though, i will be lurking.
>>
Looks like they haven't made any recent breakthroughs, hence the new thread to get more people in

One fag there spams TTY so you may want to mute the tab
>>
Is this ironic now? The BTS thread solved what this is way back.
>>
>>18210253
This is mainly about translating the text, though
>>
>>18210351
The text is placeholder text that's encoded to test the languages their language-melding program generates to see which can be used as a secret, "real" language, and in order to eventually find a "pure language" that can be easily learned without any reference so we could eventually communicate with potential alien lifeforms.

Am I missing something beyond that? They confirmed that's what it is and the weird-ass text dumps are of various books on many different subjects. Any important communication on any hidden meanings are done behind closed doors, so to speak, on the people involved's private blogs.

It's a cool challenge to try and learn the languages but there's no real paranormal aspects visible aside from the "prepping for aliens" thing and a lot of the placeholders being from creepy old occult texts.
>>
>>18210370
Yeah there haven't been any big discoveries since the ATS thread. If you've read that you're caught up unless you're interested in FL dictionaries
>>
>>18210370
Should add, I'm actually not trying to be a dick with the question, if I'm missing something please do let me know because if there's something else going on here it'd be a hell of a lot more interesting than a bunch of bored language students prepping for their alien roleplay
>>
>>18210382
Ah okay. That's a shame but thanks for confirming. Got excited for a minute. I'm enough of a nerd to find the whole thing cool anyway but I was hoping some other sinister intention was unearthed. Thanks for the reply.
>>
Someone give me a tldr of what's going on.
>>
>>18210395
Are you fucking kidding
>>
>>18210418
No I'm not kidding. Just stumbled in on this thread. All I asked is if someone could fill me in.
>>
>>18210422
forgotten language is being decoded and it slowly is predicting earth being destroyed by ayy lmaos
>>
>>18210430
What language? Where was it found?
>>
>>18210395
Fine, I'll bite. Language nerds make a site to test their program, Super Language Nerd Brothers 64. Said program lets them condense every known language, including "forgotten languages" (ayyyy) to their basic elements as templates and mash them together to make new ones. This site is a testing ground to see which languages they "invent" this way can be used as le secret codes for le CIA and le edgelords and which ones can't be.

Le edgelords ignore the fact the people behind it flat out explained what they're doing and latch on to the fact they're apparently using "vampire names" to communicate and ancient occult and health texts to test it as evidence of something bigger. It's not, they're a bunch of nerds so they use nerd stuff to test their nerd program. I'm a nerd so I think it's kind of neat, but it's not some apocalyptic conspiracy.

The only ACTUALLY occult thing is that apparently their goal, beyond just profit from selling it to the CIA or to the Nerd Museum when it's done, is that their goal is to combine all the lingual knowledge of our history to create a universal, shapes-based language that's the purest form of thought and communication and use it when le aliens invade.

And if there was something else sinister going on, it'd be on their private blogs where they use these languages as a code, not on their public site.
>>
>>18210485
Tldr the tldr please
>>
>>18210485
Wait but what's all that about the aliens invading?
>>
>>18210496
A bunch of dorks made a thing that puts languages together, armchair occultists found their test website and thought it was mind control by aliens, it's actually part of a plan to make a language to contact aliens, by dorks.

>>18210501

One underlying goal of the project, they've said, is to have a language to speak to ETs with.

I didn't explain it very well, since I was trying to TL;DR (but apparently even 3 paragraphs is too big for a condensation of 150+ pages) but there isn't much indication of them KNOWING of an alien invasion or contact, just... preparing for it if it happens? The claims of ayylmao invasions are because a lot of the texts they use as tests are about UFOs and shit.
>>
>>18210519
20 words or less man
>>
>>18210519
Ah okay that's cool. So like it would be linguisticly simple enough to be understood or translated by ayy lmaos for us to tell them we surrender.
>>
>>18210521
Languages go in computer, languages get fused, dorks want to use this to make a language to talk to aliens.
>>
>>18210501
I'm going to stab at this:

>something something humans are engineered slaves
>something something we got off the subject of subjugation
>something something aliens are expecting us to bow to them upon ayyrival
>we don't bow
>AYYS FUCKING PISSED
>we get wiped and the ayys try again maybe

That's what I'm getting about aliens.
>>
>>18210528
Basically.

Since some people seem interested, I'll post the actual quotes from the creators. Not tldring them though sorry.
>>
>>18210532
Neat

10 words or less
>>
>>18210539

Quote on the project, 1/2:

Hmm... but the idea was not to generate a cryptic language of some sort. The idea was this: - to analyze syntactic and morphological drift for a given set of languages, and to explore whether such a drift produces a semantic drift correlate. In order to do so, we designed a software, called Nodespaces, that acts as a genetic algorithm that takes as input a given language and then, by stimulated annealing, subjects the language to a set of stochastic rules. If we consider the language as a complex adaptive system, by changing the boundary conditions the language is forced to adapt itself, thus changing its syntactic structure and its morphological internal structure. Obviously, a boundary condition was this: change as you wish, but the change must yield a syntactically and phonetically coherent language. The result shows that language is also a dissipative structure, one that can finally derive in a total colapse of communication, unless you impose some restrictive superstructure upon it. We found it was then better to introduce the self-organizing constraints into the system. And the experiment shows that in order for you to obtain such a language, the system must, of necessity, include the speaker.
>>
>>18210544
Language dorks use language-fusion program to talk to aliens.

>>18210545
Quote on the project, 2/2:
Though it seems obvious that language and speaker are inseparable, sometimes linguists forget this, in particular when they study ancient languages. We wanted to find an answer to this question: can we think of the Russian language regardeless of the Russian speaker? That is: can anyone speak Russian without feeling Russian? So far, the answer is "No". Sure you can be a Lakota. Sure you can learn Russian. Sure you can get a total mastering of the Russian language. But you will never "feel" like a Russian. So the question arises: what do we mean by being Russian or Lakota? And if there was just one protolanguage, what made a given speaker to start feeling like a Russian? The landscape? The environment? A genetic mutation? A specific neurological arrangement? Happy new year to you all! Ayndryl Forgotten Languages "Translation shall cease" project.

Actual response to a curious ATS user coming up...
>>
>>18210548
Part 1/2, official explanation:

Hi there,
Forgotten Languages Organization is devoted to the study and research on language and linguistics, revolving around the NodeSpaces V2.0 software, a complex system used to perform research on a variety of fields such as natural language evolution, symbolic-sequence processing, language obfuscation (hiding of natural language within natural language itself), characterization of language dynamics (language as a non-linear self-adapting system), co-syntax, and design of engineered languages (synthetic languages) for Defense and Neurolinguistics research.

In essence, the system allows the user to throw in a pair of natural languages (or several NLs) and perform lexical, morphological, and/or syntactical mixing to come out with a new language, which is then exposed to NL evolution rules (based on a rule-based system coded in Python and JESS). The use of computers allows the simulate time-dependent changes, based on previous analyses of real 'mixed' languages as, for example, Romanian and Maltese (or the many pidgins and creoles available in real life). This also allows for researching and testing language evolution and language-contact hipotheses, plus allowing researching in the field of grammar complexity and emergence.

The new language is then used by the community to test its performance and robustness, either by translating well-known texts ranging from the Bible to literature and philosophical texts, allowing us to further finetune the generated languages, of which so far 37 have been designed, 17 out of which are now completed.
>>
>>18210550
Part 2/2 of official tl;dr by owner of the nerd brigade (not gonna lie i'd love to be in said nerd brigade though)

How 'natural' the engineered languages are is measured using a huge set of statistical, probabilistic, and fractal linguistics math tools, mostly based on n-grams and Markovian dynamics.

Because they are languages, they can be used as such. Because they are engineered, no previous knowledge on them is available to the non-designers, which allows the languages to be freely used for information sharing and human communication on a private basis.

Obviously, these languages have a grammar, and thus they can be learnt by non-designers. Mind that these languages are not conlangs, which is why we do not pursue research in that area. Hope this answers your question. If you feel this is not a satisfying answer, do not hesitate in coming back to us. Yours, Ayndryl Reganah, FL Org. [email protected]

Up next weird blog posts from them going more in depth
>>
>>18210553
More cryptic metalinguistic theory about Russian from admin, 1/2

"Feeling Russian" in this context means this: Russian speakers have the words "dusa" and "sud'ba", for which no translation exists in English. Translating them into "soul" and "fate" is just a rough approximation. Only a native speaker of Russian can fully grasp the meaning of "dusa". Only a native speaker of Hebrew can grasp the full meaning of "memrah" or "ruach". Only a native speaker of Lakota can fully understand the word "wakantanga". And all of them can easily understand quantum mechanics. This means humans are also complex adaptative systems. There are no "genuine" Russian (or any other language) words. There are genuine Russian (or some other) feelings. This is so because you shape your language to talk about reality and what you feel when facing that reality, but speakers do live in quite different areas on this planet and they experience quite different "microrealities", therefore it is but normal to see differences in how they perceive reality and, thus, in how they name those experiences. For a Lakota there is no "sud'ba" at all. He never experienced the need of it, thus no need to name it. Sure, if you were born in Dakota in, say, 1783, and your language be Russian, you will need to invent a word for "wakantaga". But sure, too, your word "sud'ba" would then disappear, as it would describe something unexsistent within your Lakota world. We are not interested in proto-languages. We are interested in "proto-humans as they spoke" in order to grasp "post-humans as they will speak". It is extremely easy to "invent" a language from scratch. However, as time passes, that language will evolve. And it happens it evolves in a quite specific and predictable way.
>>
>>18210558
Le russian metalinguistic nerd boner inducing diarrhea part 2 (I understand more of this than I want to admit, my calling of these peeps as dorks or nerds is more my jealousy i'm not nearly as good a dork or nerd as they are)

The final state is always the same for any given language. This evolution is proto-language indpendent. We are more interested in tomorrow's language. The length of the sentences, the speed at which you can talk a language, the phonology, the order of the sentence, all this is limited and constrained by your cognitive structure and your neurological setup. All languages will finally converge in time into one and the same language, provided reality remains the same. But speakers, their languages, and reality itself are dynamical systems, always changing. These are non-linearties that modify the language and your cognitive structure in radical ways. The net result is this: new languages emerge, others they die. So finally, we are investigating the state equation of language, assessing whether it is a Markov process, an Ising-spin process, a fractal process, or whatever. This is key for us in order to make both backward and forward language analysis. The languages you happened to spot in our blog are final or intermediate states for a given scenario we are currently working on. The one you thought to be Welsh is called Weddag-2075: we fed the system with Welsh, supressed the Normand contribution, added some Goidelic patterns, and left the system evolve assigning specific value to the Beta exponent of an Ising system to see what happens . Beta = 2.075 in this particular scenario. The language called Alashi-1330 is a semitic one with bi-radical nouns and IE SVO typology with a Lyapunov exponent of 1.33. And so on.
The weird part is coming up next and I forgot about part of it. It gets vaguely apocalyptic actually, implied at least
>>
File: ScreenShot006.jpg (61KB, 437x154px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot006.jpg
61KB, 437x154px
>>18210563
Where the aylmaos come in, part 1/1

Some members of the group are physicists within quantum gravity field. Additionally, most of the math needed to 'recreate' a natural language is based on topology, fractal geometry, and non-linear dynamics. However, the posts you hit on physics are our discussions on how to encode math and physics information to non-humans, should the case arise.

Cassini Diskus is our encoding of all the 100 most cited papers from CERN (2006-2012). Most of them having to do with superstring theory. The idea behind is this: how to encode all of our current knowledge on particle physics to non-human civilizations, should the need arise in a near future.

Yes, you have our authorization to publish all the information so far.

Yours,

Ayndryl Reganah.
The weirdest thing here is the implication that there will be in the near future some impending reason to have to pass on what we've done to aliens, as if we're more advanced than them but can't communicate with them and will inevitably perish first. It is getting kind of weird, I'll admit. I haven't read through my notes on this in a while and I'd forgotten how ominous the Cassini Diskus stuff was, and how it all wraps back into CERN.

Image attached related. Image labelled "CASSINI DISKUS" on their website, from august this year. Seems to be one attempt at using symbols for this universal alien language.
>>
>>18210575
Almost done with the info dump since this is the basics needed to explain it. Here's the patent for Nodespace itself. Patent is US6633837 B1.

TITLE: Method and system for generating software code using a symbolic language translator

ABSTRACT: An improved method and system are disclosed for creating on a computer a native operators and test code file for a finite element simulator to model fluid flow in porous media. The method of the present invention includes the steps of inputting into a symbolic language translator equations and parameters describing the model to be created by the simulator and generating one or more model objects from the equations and parameters. The method of the present invention further includes the steps of generating a symbolic representation of the residual and tangent matrix operators of the model objects and generating optimization rules for any geometric invariant quantities. Numeric core code and data structure initializing core code are generated for the simulator in a high level programming language from the language of the symbolic language translator. The numeric core code is formatted and optimized. The present invention generates the native operators and test code file by processing the splice file through the symbolic language translator.

It'd take too many posts to post the entire patent but it's readily available if you look up the patent number, and that's the gist of it. Now the weird thing is "Object Reservoir" is the group that made the patent... but they were bought by Landmark Graphics, which was bought by Halliburton.

You know damn well this ain't about fracking so it's probably Halliburton using it as a front for doing this for the DOD or another alphabet group, or they're just in possession of the company behind this now and don't give a fuck so just keep throwing funding and saying "do whatever."
>>
>>18210548
5 words or less?
>>
>>18210589
And that's pretty much the consensus from when I read the thread. This was a long time ago though so I'm not sure if anything else cool happened, sounds like not though from the rest of this topic. I'm going to dive in tonight and try to catch up, but if anyone else wants to dive in for themselves the AboveTopSecret thread is 958299
>>
>>18210590
Linguists use computer, talk aliens
>>
>>18210606
One word or less
>>
File: image[13].png (26KB, 436x322px) Image search: [Google]
image[13].png
26KB, 436x322px
>>18210617
>>
>>18209543
Thanks for this worthless blurry shite
>>
>>18210558
>"Feeling Russian" in this context means this: Russian speakers have the words "dusa" and "sud'ba", for which no translation exists in English.
lol, you can replicate the meaning through explanation. Like using a sentence or a phrase to substitute the meaning of a foreign word. Just throwing some examples should be clear.
>>
>>18210961
Sometimes you need cultural education to make it clear though, like with very foreign concepts like Taqiya on which some cultures might react in a hostile fashion, but even there you can use examples and stories to get the effect.
>>
>>18210964
Ok, I need you to explain how that muslim shit really is then. Because I don't see why you wouldn't treat it with hostility.
>>
>>18211203
>Brother, we are under severe pressure, for the sake of God we have to suspend our principles and perform Taqiya, may God have mercy on us and punish the infidels for this!
Should give you the right idea. The rules for determining what is "severe" pressure might become less strict over time. You need to associate an example or a story with a word, see how it looks in context, that's how people acquire them naturally.
>>
who is minervas sceptor?
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.