[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have a dream about an ex girlfriend Broke up 2 years ago >2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: images (21).jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images (21).jpg
8KB, 259x194px
Have a dream about an ex girlfriend
Broke up 2 years ago
>2 years
Haven't spoken or heard from her since
Wake up, think about my dream
>lots of feels
Try ignore it, but as im having breakfast & coffee to start my day i dwell heavily on the dream and start reminiscing

Go to work, think about her on my breaks

Driving home, still thinking about her in traffic

Get home, dinner.

Ring ring...
Guess who was phone?

Memes aside, im a paranormal skeptic but when weird shit happens like this I really don't know how to explain it? Mere coincidence and im supposed to not think about it?

Why did i have a random dream?

And she happened to call to say what's up on the same day?

Shit like this always gets me more than anything

Share some stories similar idk what to call it
>>
>Driving through an area that girl I haven't talked to in a year lives in
>Only near this area a couple times a year
>Think about how close she might be
>Next day she messages me online

Tfw never asked her out
>>
>>18207893
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>18208331
redirect fag detected
>>
>>18207893

I think of it as our minds being able to perceive time in a non-linear fashion.

In this scenario, was it the dream and the feelings you felt which caused her to call you, or was it the fact that she called you which caused you to feel these things and have the dream?

If you imagine time being perceived all at once, or even backwards, it would make sense that your dream was a result of having been called. If we can do this in an unconscious state, then it's nothing short of foretelling the future.

In all probability (which I find to be incredibly unlikely), this was all random chance and every so often the planets really do align, so to speak.
>>
>>18208331

I like this thread. The only thing that is /r9k/ about it is that the subject matter is a love interest. It doesn't have to be, and I really don't think that this is what the OP intended. I, for one, have had this sort of thing happen a lot with things that have nothing to do with women or sociality, and I would like the thread to actually go somewhere.

TL;DR - Go fuck yourself
>>
One particular phenomenon which is worth mentioning is when the subject matter of a dream directly correlates with sounds or things going on around you which there's no way you could have any knowledge of.

Imagine a dream where you are watching a vase fall from a shelf in slow motion. You're watching it as it falls to the ground. Just as it hits the ground and shatters, you hear a loud noise. You physically hear a loud noise, because something physically around you happens to correlate with what you are seeing in your dream. The noise is so loud, in fact, that it causes you to wake up. You wake up to find that a window was broken by something as random as someone mowing their lawn and in the process of mowing it, a rock was hurled toward your house and a window was broken.

With all of these factors involved, how could an unconscious human being predict all of these factors in real time?
>>
Back to the original post, the concept of predicting the future through dreams is very similar in nature. I won't go into my own experiences necessarily, but the fact remains that this happens a lot more often than should be mathematically probable. Any skeptic would automatically and instinctively dismiss any occurrence as being coincidence. There is a scientific reason for this phenomenon which could be studied if it weren't so fleeting and unpredictable when it happens. I believe that if it were studied more in depth, discoveries about the dimension of time could be made based upon the unique ways that we perceive it.
>>
>>18212236
About a month ago I had a dream my ex killed herself, after waking it took a good 20 minutes to realize she probably wasn't dead. I messaged her and it turns out she almost did like she'd even written up a note
>>
>>18212265

So if we factor in the idea of perceiving time in a different direction, it's unlikely that it's even a variable because she didn't actually kill herself, she only planned on it. I say this because I think time is set in stone. There was never any danger of her actually going through with it.

The real question is how did you obtain this information about her?
>>
>>18207893
Your third eye is open asf OP. Embrace this shit. It means you're honing your ability to think into reality, or let reality think into you.
>>
>>18212251
Cause the brain is fast. Like.. Really fast!

When you're awoken by a sudden noise, in the middle of the dream, the brain tries to figure out what the fuck is going on. So what felt like a loooong ass dream, about a vase falling to the ground, was actually just made up on the spot, when you hear the noise.
>>
File: download.jpg (193KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
193KB, 1920x1080px
>>18212251
>>18212355

And sorry, it's not to bring you down. Or to say anything bad about the general topic of this thread. But logic thinking is just not a big thing around this board, so i though i'd contribute with something other than shitposting.
>mfw apologizing online
>>
>>18207893
>Share some stories similar idk what to call it
Synchronicity, I think.
>>
>>18212360

If I stand behind your back and stick up a random amount of fingers between 1 - and 10, you will not be able to guess it. If you have a dream about it, you just might see the exact number very clearly. How can this be?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.