[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to make you all mages of extraordinary power

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 16

File: dbh_gap2.gif (18KB, 500x206px) Image search: [Google]
dbh_gap2.gif
18KB, 500x206px
I'm sick of the current paradigm. I want to change things and I need an army of mages.

I'm going to explain the most important aspect of "magic" to you in as simple a way as I can.

Basically for anything to succeed you need to craft two explanations for the same work.

One explanation is simply that you, the mage, are casting a spell.

The important part that I'm guessing no one has taught you is that you have to appease the skeptics so to speak. You must craft an alternate explanation for the success of your work that is *entirely rational*.

Entheogenic drug use, (especially MDMA before that particular molecule's fall from grace) operates under this principle. When people have these amazing experiences that are out of this world there are two explanations. 1.) they contacted the godhead and 2.) the skepticfag explanation, they took a drug and altered their perception

Magic operates the same way except the mage authors mostly the rational portion. Too many failed magicians focus on attaining their supernatural results without writing the "out" for the rational universe to explain it in it's own way.

This is why people like James Randi will always be right about magic, but he is also wrong.
>>
I have numerous experiences where I was aware of the supernatural and rational explanations at the same time. I'm currently working on authoring a system to exploit this nature of reality.

You'll notice other writings have vaguely referenced this if you read between the lines, but they lack focus on crafting the rational explanation. That is what I intend to workshop with you all so we can become more powerful than the current masters of reality. (except god nothing is more powerful)
>>
I'm going to reference the Mandela effect, but I don't want this thread to be about that.

Notice how in every case. There is another movie or meme out there that explains where people were misremembering the lines from.

Like "Luke I am your father" being in Tommy Boy.

Even though this feels wrong to people experiencing the Mandela effect, it is a perfectly rational explanation.

All successful magic must have such a rational component in order to affect reality.

Let's work on this.
>>
Once this thread gets active. I want to brainstorm with you all on some easily achievable magical results, then we will focus on the rational achievement of those results to craft the framework of the spells.
>>
I'm quite interested, but I want you to go on more. I like to sit back and read for a bit first
>>
File: 0.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
You want magickckc to be true so badly that you're willing to create a twisted system of doublethink in your head to handle the cognitive dissonance of what you want to be true vs. reality.

Let it go bro.
>>
File: HomotopySmall.gif (177KB, 220x161px) Image search: [Google]
HomotopySmall.gif
177KB, 220x161px
two different paths to the same goal. One magickal one rational.
>>
>>18202569
take note students. People like this are the reason we must craft rational explanations to go along with our magical understanding of events.
>>
Sigh. I probably shouldn't post this because it will feed straight into your doublethink narrative and delusions of grandeur and is exactly what you are looking for, but here it is:

http://pastebin.com/CQEYn6Fy

Enjoy.
>>
>>18202590
and furthermore there's nothing wrong with people like him. They are useful to us.
>>
>>18202599
hmm how so op
>>
>>18202627
well they are what keep our reality grounded, so we can live on earth to enjoy the results of our work. If we were living in a purely magical reality without the rational overlay, there would be no point to anything. We would just be disembodied.

It might seem nice for a time, but it's like the difference between dream sex and the real thing.

We need/want to feel and live through our results.
>>
>>18202627
to put it another way we have 5 senses and put up with this meatsuit for a reason, I *suspect*.

I could be wrong, but it seems like a lot of risk to take if it wasn't something we really wanted deep down. Even God is said to be a living man.

The skeptic fags are like anchors, they seem to hold us back, but are actually doing us a favor in keeping us grounded.
>>
>>18202627
They are also the ones who are doers of the work.

Consider "work" as it is described in the scientific school of physics.

To a physicist,work is done when a force that is applied to an object moves that object.

The whole point of magic is that we don't have to be the ones to apply the force that moves the object. We just create the idea of what work should be done and how. Then reap the benefits
>>
Apparently nobody reads Pastebin links anymore. I'll just past here.

Energy Magick, kundalini, Chi, and all the rest are entirely inside your head, it is tricking your own senses, hacking your mind. It is magic in the sense of "mysterious tricks, such as making things disappear and appear again, performed as entertainment." tips top hat M'gician.

I will show you how to replicate various phenomenon and show their mundane roots - indeed interpreting them as psychological phenomenon only allows greater manipulation and replication of them. This includes things like physically feeling energy, feelings of levitation / out of body experiences during meditation, and "visions."

First, "activating the third eye." I am not sure of why this area is prone to tactile illusion, perhaps it is its proximity to the face, its sensitivity, or related to ASMR. ASMR shows just one of the many ways we can feel sensations without a direct physical cause being involved, such as the hair on our back standing up when we are spooked, your mouth watering when imagining biting into a lemon, or being surprised.

To "activate your third eye" grab a pencil and point it at your forehead, just above the brow, almost touching the skin. Imagine how sharp and intense it would be if it were to touch, while trying to simultaneously focusing on your forehead and the pencil. With luck, you'll feel a tingle: the strong anticipation of feeling a sensation in this area creates a tactile perception of it, which feeds back into the anticipation because you feel a sensation. If this doesn't work, try a knife (now THAT will create an intense expectation) having someone else hold the object and point it at you so you aren't in control of it, or touching the object (not the knife) against your forehead slightly.
>>
Once you have felt this experiencing using a prop, try inducing it without - this type by remembering and anticipating the tingling sensation itself rather than the prop. Close your eyes and focus on your forehead while remembering the sensation. It could take a few minutes. If this doesn't work, try using the prop in a few sessions to get more acquainted with the sensation and embed it into your sense-memory a bit deeper to allow better recollection.

This illusory energy can be felt in other places of the body, such as the crown of the head (the crown chakra, which seems to be related to ASMR and perhaps feeling lice and parasites so as to remove them, making the scalp sensitive to minute sensations.) the fingers, and the toes. With greater practice one can engulf one's entire body in this phantom tingling.

I don't have a specific method of replication for the other parts of the body beyond focusing on that area and trying to feel the sensations there. There is however a method for the fingers, which leads to OBE's. Lay on your back with your elbows on the mat/rug/bed and raise your upper arms up, touching the tips of the fingers of both hands together. Position and balance your arms to reduce muscle tension as much as possible and to place the least amount of pressure on your fingertips. Concentrate on your fingertips and the sensation of them touching as intensely as possible, and try to imagine the sensation growing. You should feel the same sort of phantom tingle as the forehead eventually. Once you feel this you can slowly move your hands apart and the sensation is retained, though move them too fast and the sensation vanishes.
>>
>>18202594
That's an illusion. Tricking the mind and body that it's feeling energy when it's not. Energy cannot be created or destroyed. Energy is tremendously smaller than we can possibly perceive. Imagine Mount Everest was a living animal. Would it be able to feel a single tentacle of a germ at it's base brush by another cell in it's body? No. Not unless it has adapted to feel those sensations. The amount of events that we are numb to is beyond astronomical, in fact the number of events and energy that is being used at a mere millisecond around you requires your entire lifespan of text to fully understand the history of what has transpired and the history of the energy to get to the moment in that millisecond, Tricking the mind to believe in the energy it is receiving is not equal to actually experiencing it. When someone is dying they are losing sensation, they begin to lose sensation to the eyes, limbs, touch and so on. Our version of sensation may be a death calling to another being's ability to sense energy.

>>18202518
As for you OP. I suspect we are similarly aligned in terms of seeking practical applications of "magic/magick"(displace opinion) meanwhile maintaining a level skepticism and continuously ensuring we aren't following down a slippery slope. However, unless you begin to look further below the energy sources of quarks and atoms, than you cannot possibly understand the true nature of this energy you wish to manipulate.

I've seen exactly how small and large we are. I've been on this golden journey of knowledge these past few years driven by a passion to know the truth. I'm so close, so close to embodying it all together into a single religion, I can feel completion. There is something so old, so old and ancient about this energy all around us that it greatly surpasses all entities that are concepts created by our history. I have expanded over 120 pages on one side of my knowledge alone. I have to multiply that by 6 for basic info.
>>
>>18202743
I read it, it was at most barely relevant.
>>
>>18202728

lol

do you really think your roleplay on 4chan influences what useful people in the real world do? you wield no influence and you're a fag
>>
thats not how logic works
>>
Combine the experiental knowledge of how to make your mind think a body part is where it is not with the ability to fool yourself into feeling motion and you can begin to experiment and try to "push" your body upwards or downwards, or tilt it.

Another type of illusion you can create is that of heat and coolness. This is a commonly known phenomenon: to feel warmer in the cold visualize yourself in the cold, or eating ice cream. In any position close your eyes and imagine yourself being in a very cold place, such as an icy lake with snowy trees and mountains around it. Like with the plank ride, overlay this visualization over your physical body, so that it surrounds it. Try to feel, via tactile imagination, the cold sensations around you: the icy air entering your nostrils, the frigid air blowing against your skin, snowflakes landing on your skin. The goal is to merge your tactile imagination with your perception to some degree that you feel colder. The sensation of warmth is achieved similarly, a desert or other hot environment visualized instead.This technique of visualization can be used not just to alter sensations of warmth, but also to calm one's self by going to their "happy place" as is commonly known.

Now for visions. Close your eyes and concentrate on the center of your field of vision. Within seconds or a couple of minutes you will see shifting geometric and other shapes, such as a hot dog, boat, gear, etc. These are directly perceived visually, not imagined. It may help to first imagine these shapes, appearing as wireframe and relatively simple objects, appearing in the center of your vision. It seems to be a subconscious shifting from shape to shape, not unlike a dream. Try to get them to shift into something particular consciously and you'll find it slightly difficulty and non-immediate, though with enough forcing it is possible.
>>
I like your explanation OP, and I fundamentally agree with you.

I enjoy the succinctness of the system as you describe it, along with the image you posted. The myth is already there, we just have to explain it in order for it to become real.

So I guess you have another one for your demon army senpai. I completely agree with everything you've said and I haven't run into anyone that says it this way.
>>
Deep meditative states offer similar hallucinations along much more intense and larger, often roiling color patterns or intricate geometric shapes that can take up the whole field of view. Very deep states and knowledge of how to near-completely merge visual imagination with visual perception can make these hallucinations like waking dreams, featuring characters, and are very life-like.

I'd love for these experiences to be magick, life energy, or something else that's profound. However I have a greater commitment: the truth of the matter, as best as I can know it, regardless of what I want to be true. The only perspective that seems to account for these phenomena, which are related in different ways, is that they are perceptual illusions similar to optical illusions. While mundane, these phenomenon are profound as they are: abilities to change one's perception in profound ways using the mind. They are useful in meditation, and meditation has been demonstrated to aid one's mental wellbeing and to treat depression, anxiety, and addiction.

This is going to be deep heresy to most of you guys who believe that this phenomenon is supernatural or mystical. Purveyors of supernatural beliefs use these experiences as proof of said beliefs. True Believers whose spirituality and worldview revolves around these experiences and their interpretations will not let go lightly. Perhaps there is something who is not too invested in their beliefs, or a skeptic who is interested in these phenomenon, who may find it interesting, or at least a useful paradigm.
>>
Whoever this faggot is spamming OP's thread with his fucking pastebin bullshit that he post all over the place all the time needs to kill himself, I want to listen to OP's plan
>>
Consider that Shamanism, arguably the oldest religion / magical system, uses various sacraments, which are ingested by the shaman.

Drugs are arguably the easiest shortcut you can take, because the rational explanation for what happens is literally the herb/pill/blotter/molecules. Reality has already encapsulated all these mystical and entheogenic experiences in a capsule of rationality for us.

I am absolutely an advocate for shamanic drug use. Sure some drugs have euphoria and that's easy to get addicted to and then it just becomes about "getting off", but that's easy to avoid for a real practitioner.
>>
File: neloth_by_aaminen-d798mx1.png (2MB, 1024x1229px) Image search: [Google]
neloth_by_aaminen-d798mx1.png
2MB, 1024x1229px
Well, I fucked it, and left out some paragraphs in the middle. Enough was posted to give an idea of it, the rest is here: http://pastebin.com/CQEYn6Fy/

I may have left out a few things like projecting the illusory energy into objects like tea cups, dildos, kiwis, swords, and of course staffs, but a diligent student should be able to derive the methods for doing such from the rest.
>>
>>18202791

You need to fuck off with your spam dude

OP where are you
>>
>>18202804
I'm still here.

>>18202767
exactly. I'm glad someone gets it. You put it a really good way too. The myth is there, it just has to be explained.

The picture is actually a really good example, because ideally the mage themself after successfully working something won't know which explanation to believe. Both explanations will exist in the same space of time and it will be very confusing. I think the trick is actually getting yourself to this state of controlled confusion.

It may be harder than it sounds because the mage themself will know about the magical side of the equation and believe that to be the real cause and effect.
>>
Lurking.
>>
>>18202518
Be careful my friend, for things like this are not to be taken lightly. I can assure you if you manage to gather enough support from people with enough energy to make a difference, you start altering things outside of your scope of comprehension. If I find my life adversly altered, by any means outside of my own field of perception I will come head hunting.
This is a warning to all who seek to use energy, magic, or the will of some other state or entity, you are not the only one in this reality and your actions through these forces often affect more than most realize
>>
Honestly wouldn't it just take less time and energy to stand the fuck and find the remote instead of doing years of practice?
>>
>>18202785
so if we learn the deeper lesson that this investigation of shamanic drug use teaches

it's that we must 'encapsulate' our work with rationality somehow.

Consider an experiment to test a "psychic" by having them guess a card they cannot see.

If there is no possible rational explanation for how they could have possibly known the order of the cards before hand, or cheated in some way, there is no way to succeed at this experiment.

However by arguing convincingly to the experimenter that there *was* a rational way for you to know the cards, your chances of guessing correctly would be greatly improved, however you must never let on that you yourself have knowledge that this rational explanation isn't true.

This is what I mean by putting yourself in a state of controlled confusion. Your act of belief in the rational has to be absolutely convincing, even to the point of convincing yourself.
>>
>>18202765
You are once again falling trap into creating an illusion. You are simply reconstructing an effect, but embellishing the results tremendously. I've read hermetics and have completed all of it's trials with some effort being required. I found it challenging if anything to my creative core and pursued it as such. However clairvoyance was something that was very natural. Did you bother to read
>>18202756
?
What you are experiencing is an illusion. The real information to reconstruct heat from non standard sources or simply "magical" sources does exist in terms of proper energy logic gates and energy entrapment methods that have to do with energy that is smaller than recorded science can offer. It may have been possible that ancient people were once gifted with the knowledge of manipulating results smaller than atoms in order to gain real world results. It may be difficult for you to understand unless you have read into http://107.170.214.209 , but there exists real practical methods for creating real "magic" besides will power which is just illusion based results. I've been following the logical patterns of energy and are close to discovering the larger picture of our energy in this universe. I can only say that it's very, scientifically possible that we are both in a quantum superposition of being inside a tremendously large star (100,000x the size of the observable universe) and a continuous cycle of rebirthing blackholes to rebirthing white holes inside its center at the same time without breaking any scientific laws. The difficult aspects is acknowledging the waves of interference. However I will be very slow to post results. My personal life has given me only a very, very small window to spend for my personal pursuit. I don't have time in the day to formulate proper simulations or continue my personal message. I will update when I can.
>>
More evidence of what I'm trying to teach and learn about at the same time is found in the well documented "placebo effect".

To the mind of the person taking the placebo, the rational explanation for the medical benefits is that they took a medicine. The fact that they experience benefits at all is extraordinary. The magician is the person who prescribed the placebo.
>>
Why do we have to argue about majix when the most practical option would to be to stop being a lazy peice of shit and do some work?
>>
>>18202671
>>18202728
>>18202828
Very well said. You have this observers interest. What is your ultimate goal here?
>>
>>18202916
I'm trying to reshape society and achieve wondrous states of mind and being, not serve you your burger and fries so I can one day afford my own burger and fries, dude.
>>
>>18202924
My ultimate goal I guess isn't that ultimate. I just want interesting things to happen. I'm doing my best to share some knowledge I've picked up on because I'm very unselfish in nature and I like the idea of empowering people to execute their own wills. Maybe there is a small part of me that wants chaos and disorder too, I must admit. The status quo is so dull and it plays to the wrong people's interests.

I feel like I'm breaking a taboo by sharing hidden knowledge with uninitiated people too. Which has always been a goal of mine. I hate secret societies and power hierarchies. I am staunchly against initiation and vows of secrecy.
>>
>>18202943
basically my enemy isobscurantism, I fucking hate obscurantism
>>
so with that "ultimate goal" in mind. i'd like for anyone who finds this information useful to form groups of friends and likeminded people and find as many different ways to put the fundamental principle I described to use as possible. Maybe I'll get some karmic payout for helping people, who cares though. Sharing knowledge is rewarding in and of itself.
>>
So we're all going to understand what you're saying and simply "go HAM", as it were? I'm in. I'll start now.
>>
Just for the purposes of this thread though OP, is it okay if we create extreme weather events all over the world right now? We already have momentum from the demon wizard hurricane that's already happening, so that can provide some of the cushioning realism. How hard can it be to push things the rest of the way, now that we have this thread?
>>
File: Untitled.png (15KB, 512x606px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
15KB, 512x606px
can we do this OP
>>
>>18202540
>I'm going to reference the Mandela effect
Faggot thread.
>>
>>18202986
OP here That's actually brilliant. lol. whatever you can think of.

if we're going to make this a school of thought/magic. We should identify it with a name for future threads and discussion.

I propose the name Isotopic Magic from the mathematical concept of isotopy/homotopy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homotopy#Isotopy
>>
>>18202892
>>18202756

>Lay down comfortably.
>Clear your head until you are in a pure dull white room
>Suddenly this black smoke, liquid like substance is surfacing from beneath you.
>It wraps all around your body as you sink deeper into it
>You feel dark, depressed, anguish
>It gets darker and deeper
>Feel yourself going deeper and deeper in this dark void for about a minute
>You turn yourself around and see a ball of pitch blackness, the darkest possible void you can imagine
>You feel drawn to it and go deeper. You suddenly cannot move as you enter the black ball. You are paralyzed.
>You hear screaming and shouting from all kinds of animals and from languages you have never heard of before.
>The deeper you go the sudden screams of anger, feelings of hate, anguish, desperation fills your emotions
>You go deeper with every second the screams becomes louder as more screams are added. Sounds continue to be added.
>You continue deeper and deeper making the screams combine louder, faster and you reach a point where all the screams sound like a hiss
>You travel faster and faster through it, the emotions disappear as you can no longer register them because of your speed.
>You see a spec of light at the furthest reaches of your vision. Like a single star in the dark sky.
>You inhale your breath and imagine yourself drawn going faster to it, but as you exhale you see it going away from you. You want to catch it.
>>
>>18203003

HAIL ISOTOPIC MAGIC!

Can I be the Lil Jon to your Robin Hood, OP?
>>
>>18202981
I mean, the skepdicks already believe the "rational encapsulation" that global warming is the cause of this extreme weather. So "GO HAM" as it were.
>>
>>18203010
>>18203010
>You breath again and start to bring it even closer, as each breath you take in you go faster and as you exhale you go slower than it
>You continue this cycle until you are closer and closer to the white ball.
>You enter it and can immediately feel the stop of movements. You are no longer having to fight to get inside. You are inside.
>You feel at peace and can see billions of figures of people in a white ghostly state all appearing to float around and embracing the feelings of joy
>You see another figure moving towards you, this one speaks to you. It tells you that this is the state of clairvoyance. Where everything is recorded infinitively
>This is the circle of time, we are forever shrinking down but we never actually shrink, we are forever growing but we never actually grow.
>>
>>18203014
>>18203014
>The darkness continues to spread and takes over us but we forever shrink to avoid it.
>The sensation you were feeling when getting closer to me is time. Time when you are not born. Time where we forver shrink in the same position we have always been.
>However, when you are born. Every time you are born you come back here at least one time in your life. Every nano second you spend here gets added to time.
>So as you stay, you are collectively remembering trillions over trillions of specs of nanoseconds being played as a movie.
>The screams of fustrations you heard before? Just other things screaming for life. The sounds of things that died so others can live.
>Everyone comes back as cycles repeat. New things get added every die.
>You cannot escape. You may fly and touch another being and interact with it. Just know that each nanosecond is the beginning and ending of a universe at the same time.
>So take extreme caution. Only ask when prepared. You are amongst gods.
>Do not touch the void from inside the light. There may be severe consequences. The only way to escape, is to medidate yourself shrinking back into our our cluster of universes, shrinking back into our universe, shrinking back into our cluster of galaxies. Shrinking back into our galaxy, into our solar system.
>And finally shrinking back to yourself.
>Now you can open your eyes
>>
>>18203016
>Meditate until you are in a clear white room
>All around you are electrified pillars of colors
>They stretch from the ground and go up.
>Each contains every color you can imagine.
>They form a circular pattern.
>The center is a spiral pillar of black and white.
>The goal is to go through all the pillars then go to the center pillars.
>Pick a color to start with.
>You should move towards that pillar and kneel.
>grasp the colored pillar and you will suddenly be electrified with all the variable objects and things that has that same color. For example if you chose green, you are quickly seeing all the positive things that are green flash before yourself. You should feel the color in you and it should be healing you in the process.
>Give each color enough time before moving to the next
>The complexity of the colors is dependent on your patience and will. You can make it as simple as possible.
>It is up to you to imagine the colors and what they express for you.
>Once you are complete with the outer circle, you may proceed with the inner circle.
>Balance the dark and the light instantly. Let the light ever so slightly win.
>Take your time. Once you feel like you have completed the black and white poles you can take a deep breath and relax yourself.
>You should be completely relaxed and enlightened.
>>
Alright master I will go ham
>>
>>18203026
just remember, it's *just* global warming ;)
>>
>>18203033

It's just global warming
>>
>>18203037
No really tho.
>>
File: Mnd1inA.jpg (46KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
Mnd1inA.jpg
46KB, 514x536px
>>
>>18203066

It really is just global warming, we're not really making it happen. We're just sensing something that was happening anyway, I think.
>>
The only magic/magick I can think up is all tricking the self.
Lurking because I wanna believe.
>>
>>18203095

OP is basically saying it is all tricking the self, but it is real.

Help us create extreme weather events.
>>
>>18203101
Wouldn't it all blend together with Matthew on the east coast?
Also how?
>>
>>18203095

If it looks like magic to the recipient, it's magic.
>>
>>18203105

It would, that's the point. We're using Matthew as a cover.

Idk, read his whole thing. The basic idea is, magical phenomena are a part of reality. Magic is not denying reality, it's part of reality. It's a nature of reality that we call magic. The way you perform magic is by understanding this, just like the way you drive a car is by understanding how to drive a car.

It could be called science, it is science, magic is a science.

>>18203108

yes
>>
File: tsunamis-form_ab4ded295ce5a580.jpg (170KB, 1400x787px) Image search: [Google]
tsunamis-form_ab4ded295ce5a580.jpg
170KB, 1400x787px
I want one of them to be a tsunami. Get on it, mind donkeys.
>>
File: bougie.jpg (25KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
bougie.jpg
25KB, 640x480px
OP here.

A way to think about it is that there is a principle of the universe that "polices out" the purely supernatural, but if there is a rational explanation and a supernatural explanation for the same event, it gets around the reality police.

Our extreme weather events already have a rational explanation, that is global warming.

Here's the rub. We must condone skepticism to a high degree. Don't even grin slyly as someone tells you, "you didn't create that weather, global warming did". Contain that slight joy of knowing you caused it deep within yourself.
>>
>>18203154

HAIL SENSEI
>>
File: Untitled.png (23KB, 1432x792px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
23KB, 1432x792px
I made this for you OP
>>
>>18203181
There are no initiates accepted in isotopic magic. Only masters are accepted.
This knowledge is free.
We are all the masters of it.
>>
OP can you use a fucking tripcode? it's annoying having to deal with the faggot spamming his pastebin.
>>
So op is saying magic is using illusions to trip people out, but you fall for illusions to

So magic exists because we're all stupid enough to have delusions and fall for them?
>>
>>18203247
yeah sorry I didn't do that earlier, he really shit all over the thread.

>>18203253
not really saying that at all, just saying in order for magic to really have an effect, it needs to take place in two realities, the rational and the supernatural, at the same time, to the same effect, but take different paths to get there.

The path it takes diverges at the mage, the rational skeptics are deceived, the supernatural is fulfilled, then the paths converge and the results are obtained.
>>
I gave lots of examples of this throughout the thread, but again, sorry for not using a trip code.
>>
>>18203267
What happens when you are able to explain the "magic" rationally? Have you not heard of metaphysics? There's no such thing as supernatural, if it exists, it's natural. It's such bullshit that you need falsify a "scientific explanation" that appeals to the bluepilled atheist fags, to do magic, because there is already that a scientific explanation for the magic to happen in the first place, you just don't understand it.
>>
>>18203284
>What happens when you are able to explain the "magic" rationally
I suppose there would be no more need for what I'm talking about then, because there would be no more skeptics. There are skeptics though.

I'm operating under the assumption that consciousness plays a large role in the driving force of the universe and that a large number of these consciousnesses can not handle the reality of the situation without encapsulating it in a "bluepilled scientific explanation".

In fact most if not all of us require rationality to some degree to continue living without devolving into madness.
>>
>>18203296
>there would be no more need for what I'm talking about then, because there would be no more skeptics
Not true at all.Honestly I have no clue what you're talking about in general. Give a specific example.
>>
>>18203317
Reality is a consensus. In order for an isotopic mage to strengthen a hurricane, they have to be able to get the strengthening agreed upon by the consensus. How can you do this when the level of consciousness that dominates the consensus' paradigm requires rational explanations for everything?

You could for example, hijack an already accepted rational explanation for the extreme weather events, such as "global warming is causing it". That is something consensus reality is more likely to agree upon than "magic did it".

It's about shifting the consensus in the direction you want, without upsetting the rational paradigm.
>>
I suspect that the obscurantism and esotericism of the type of magic you are used to is by design to protect the magic workings of the inner circle from the consensus enforcers. By keeping it out of the public eye.
>>
>>18203349
Hmm... fair enough. So in order to have a larger effect on the external world, you need to manipulate the collective consciousness of humanity so that they help you co-create your desires. Seems logical enough. It's obviously not the only way though. For example, there is no possible skeptic answer for the phenomenon of channeling spirits, but it is real. By the way this sentence made absolutely no sense to me, sorry:

>the type of magic you are used to is by design to protect the magic workings of the inner circle from the consensus enforcers. By keeping it out of the public eye.
>>
>>18203375
Oh for sure, I would never advocate my way as the only way. I have just lived through certain events that had two divergent explanations and one of them seemed to be there to protect the normies, so to speak.

> this sentence made absolutely no sense to me
I was suggesting that instead of encapsulating the magic in a shroud of rationality, the kind of magic you have typically read about is encapsulated in a shroud of secrecy. To similar effect.
>>
Efficacy is when imagination and sensory perception coincide.

Look it up; it's efficacy.

There. You're now a master magician. Did you look it up? It's just efficacy.
>>
>>18203390
yep
>>
It's really just practical psychic use and ritual based faith that 'makes' it real if you believe in it, since our reality is shaped by what we believe.

The traditional magic of summoning unicorns out of mid air and casting fireball spells doesn't exist.
>>
>>18203415
>mfw 9/11 was a fireball spell cast by isotopic mages and airplanes full of jet fuel were the rational overlay

just a little joke before I go to sleep. I'll come back to this thread tomorrow.
>>
>>18203389
So what is the inner circle, and who are the consensus enforcers? Just some odd terms.

But yeah, the elites use the magic you're talking about all the time. But you would be more accurate in saying that it is not the rational explanation that is needed, but convincing the consensus into accepting a particular belief. There are multiple methods that they go about doing this, such as peer pressure, SYMBOLISM, controlled opposition, social conditioning, divide and conquer, half-truths, and of course, fake truths that sound reasonable enough to the normies(they are not if you are informed to the true nature of reality.) It's about convincing a person to make a choice to accept a belief system that is beneficial to you. There isn't a fine line between "rationality" and "magic" where rationality adheres to scientific method and the other is just WISHY WASHY SPOOPY BOOPY SPELLS N SHIT XD.
>>
>>18203428

i fuckin knew it
>>
>>18202785
i beleive in magic but this is stupid

your basically saying theres a rational explanation of having a trip and thats the chemical process of the drug affecting your brain

so whatsa the magic here?

drugs have no power over chemicals and its all just a placebo but a legit one and it works

wheres the magic to shamanism? there isn't any because its all substance

magic may happen while your on it but is it because your ripped on shrooms that your jacket doesnt have a hole in it anymore

would it have happend anyway?

do you think you have that power to fix it, or was it something helping you

how would you ever know

how would you ever know if you are magically or physically enacting a will of some sort over reality and its not just god or spirits reading your desire and giving you what you want

if you could do it once shouldnt you be able to do it every time, whats the difference here?

clearly nobody is in control of anything and you guys just experience god in different ways and call it magic

also if you do intent somethign and it happends how do you know your subconcious wasnt just aware of the momentum of what is to come and nudges you to think in that direction

would you call that magic

your subconcious certainly knows these things and is recieveing information you will never be aware of and is trying to sort it all out for you

but is it magic

no

theres no such thing as magic
>>
>>18202569
>doublethink
this is immediately what i thought as well
>>
File: IMG_0286.jpg (88KB, 856x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0286.jpg
88KB, 856x1000px
>>18202569
This. If there is an entirely rational and physical explanation for it, then how is it even magic? So when I pour milk on my cereal am i doing magic? Because A) I'm using magickkkkk to levitate the milk box and then waterbending the milk out, but B) I'm really just holding the milk and it's going into the bowl because that's where gravity wants to pull it. Show me kewl magic that I can't do with mundy ways.
>tfw magic probably isn't real
>>
>>18203497
not op but kekked this
>i believe in magic but this is stupid

last line

>theres no such thing as magic
>>
Magic in a nutshell:

Is it a positive claim?
>Yes

Do /x/ magicians claim it exists?
>Yes

Does magic withstand the scrutiny of deductive reasoning?
>No

Has anyone been able to provide irrefutable proof of it's existence?
>No

Do magicians often appropriate other cultural practices, outdated/debunked sciences, or even psychology to justify it's existence?
>Yes

Can magic be observed empirically and reviewed pragmatically?
>No

Does every practitioner of magic adhere to a consistent set of beliefs, without contradicting one another (or themselves)?
>No

Is magic actually real?
>
>
>No.
>>
>>18203011
Fuck off exp3k
>>
>>18202518

So... you need to claim wizardhood to get high now?
>>
>>18203543
>appropriate other cultural practices
You're as bad as a stormfag. Culture is made to be shared and religion isn't sacred.
>>
File: Spells.png (410KB, 500x673px) Image search: [Google]
Spells.png
410KB, 500x673px
>>18202518
How do i cast a spell?
>>
>>18203579
Do yourself a favor, watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw

This is a perfectly clear-cut example how new-age woo pushers appropriate stories from other cultures or religions to fit their narrative. This dishonest doesn't stop at new-agers, it applies to pretty much all of the modern day occultists and 'magic' believers.

Instead of tackling on this specific point about appropriation, how about you demonstrate that magic is real using the empirical/scientific method?
>>
>>18203597
not that guy but
>empirical/scientific
>posts 1 hour video from weirdo talking about consciousness expansion and claiming atlantis exists

consciousness expansion for people who live in capitalist societies is such a big fucking joke.
>>
>>18203664
>empirical/scientific
>posts 1 hour video from weirdo talking about consciousness expansion and claiming atlantis exists

What are you talking about? I am not using this new-age video as empirical evidence to back any positive claim. I simply showed that new-agers and occultists often appropriate stories from other cultures/religions to propagate their narrative.

The magic practitioner(s) of /x/ and outside of /x/ have the burden of proof: they are making a positive claim that supernatural forces exist, and what's more, they take it one step further than the average religious-nut and claim that they THEMSELVES possess access to said supernatural forces.

Not sure if you yourself claim to practice magic, but if you do, please provide some tangible fucking evidence anon.
>>
>>18203597
Why shouldn't we approrpriate stoies from oher cultures? I personally believe that no religion has it completely right, but there may be little pieces of of truth to be found here and there. What's wrong with taking the parts that seem to make sense and trying to assemble them into a greater whole?
>>
>>18205338
Absolutely nothing. The guy you replied to is just a butthurt skepticfag.
>>
bump

w e a
t h e r
e v e n t s
>>
>>18206496

a r e
h a p p e n i n g
p e p e
r i s e
>>
Alright, so what if you cast a spell which was completely mundane?

Say I'm gonna craft a spell that says I will read that library book that's been sitting on my desk for a month. Make my sigil, charge it, whatever. Then when I read the book, there's no convincing necessary. I chose to read it. I set a goal and acted on it. Reading a book does not require magic. It's completely mundane. Or was it?

This is the trivial example. The question is, would this work non-trivially? Like an event occurs which could easily have happened naturally or randomly, but which you the magician specifically asked for.
>>
Man I wish I had a rootbeer.

>Truck drives by

>12 pack of Barq's falls off the back
>>
>>18206876

That would be hell of tits
>>
Okay, I'm going to try it.

Man I wish I had get high.
>>
File: IMG_3398.jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3398.jpg
34KB, 400x400px
>>18202594
My man I have a big degree from a big university and that "article" you used to refute anon was the dumbest piece of tin foil shit I have ever read. It was MORE ridiculous than the concept of magic. Good lord pleb, do some research or just live life.
>>
>>18202791
Dude, I'm psych major and what you posted is horseshit. While I'm not gonna try to validate magic, what you posted is total bullshit as well. Stop being a troll cunt and let op have his say.
>>
>>18206993
>>18207001

I hate him also
>>
>>18207001
>>18207034
Yeah that pastebin is seriously pissing me off. It's completely false, just saying. He could be an agent desusenpai
>>
>108 replies
>32 posters
Someone in here is shilling hard.
>>
>>18207070

It's partly me because I was having a conversation with OP, then there's OP, and then there's the guy who is actually spamming.
>>
>>18207070

Haha, that's actually good! Why would anyone bother to suppress the truth if OP was way off base? Judge a man by his enemies and all that
>>
File: Clever thoughts.jpg (46KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Clever thoughts.jpg
46KB, 960x960px
>>18202518
>>
>>18202765
Thanks so much was thinking about magic/chakaras last night and trying to trick myself into the experience so to speak it, can't express it as eloquently as you did but I believe your on to something here. Comming up with a scientific rationale for the experience (eg. Third eye stimulation is due to asmar) furthers the belief and as we know intention is key to magic
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.