[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on wicca.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

File: wicca-1.jpg (121KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wicca-1.jpg
121KB, 1280x1024px
Redpill me on wicca.
>>
>>18202052
Have you tried googling it?
>>
subculture of Neo-pagans
>>
>>18202052
Neopagan Neo-Feminist movement that cherrypicked from newage movements at the time in order to bulster itself as a religion that empowers women.

Also had the whole witch thing going on that gave generations of teenage goths a gateway into the occult. Well, that or they stopped there and really take their esoteric cookbooks seriously.
>>
>>18202052
>>18202059

C'mon, are you a WicCAN or WicCAN'T?
>>
File: 1465829470751.png (210KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1465829470751.png
210KB, 400x300px
Pseudo occult feminist religion, sans esoteric philosophy worth studying.
>>
>>18202191
I never saw that episode
>>
/x/ hates Wicca because /x/ is scared of females
>>
>>18202052
Basically all bullshit feminazis nowadays.
Used to be better.
Basically just hermetics for dummies applied to nature.
>>
>>18202470
I mean im just a solitary app. Wizard, but im about equal to every coven in my area combined in power.
>>
>>18202480
keep talking
>>
>>18202517
Its really interesting how far u can go by diciplining yourself to actually use magic, instead of depending on channeling some god or spirit's power.
Your soul begins to expand, and you can learn to store more and more energy.
>>
>>18202532
By focusing your release of energy in spells through implements to avoid stress on your body, and drawing on the natural mana of the elements u can do stuff that some people can only do by asking a spirit, or collectively creating a servitor.
>>
>>18202548
Then allying yourself with the natural spirits of the area by offering them protection and collaboration against foreign entities. Throw in a bit of apotheosis to aquire greater understanding of the dead, and the alchemy to convert attacks into your weapons instead.
Last, raise a castle of obsidion to absorb dark energy, and blot out an area for retreat.
>>
>>18202567
Also, id like to thank the many mentors I have had during my study, and let the guys in my area know im not really that insidious, i just love a good dash of ironic humor.
>>
Their magic (spell it proper, not that neo-pagan magick bullshit) is weak. They claim they can't even do black magic, for fear of the power returning on them threefold, or such nonsense. They claim to channel magic from nature spirits, goddess, whatever. An emphasis on femininity, as if spirits gave a shit what equipment you're packing. Not even ancient, like they claim. Founded by some funny-looking charlatan, the kind of douche even Crowley looked down on.
Tl;dr, fat chicks in the woods praying to spirits made up by some loser.
>>
Every wiccan I've met has just been a 2edgy4me borderline goth.

Dated one which was a mistake.
>>
>>18202586
>>18202597
Note how anti-Wicca always comes down to "girls bad!" at the end
>>
>>18202608
No, Fire Bad! Girls are alright, just not neo-feminists who believe in some mythical "patriarchy" , like a conspiracy theorist on the Illuminati, abuse their bodies with terrible make-up, poor food choices, and worse hygiene, who go to the woods to partake in rituals that are younger than my grandparents.
>>
>>18202608

How was >>18202597 saying "girls bad!" in any way whatsoever? Did we read the same post?
>>
Middle school edginess some people grow out of far too late. See also Leveyan satanism
>>
File: o-THE-CRAFT-facebook[1].jpg (461KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-THE-CRAFT-facebook[1].jpg
461KB, 2000x1000px
Wikipedia covers it pretty well I think. It's popular, and I've meet a lot of them. When I went to basic training, it was an option of churches to go to. A lot tv magic is based on it. I'm thinking of Willow from Buffy and The Craft.

Pros: Not hard to find practitioners

Cons: Theology doesn't have a lot of good history, has a lot of cheese tied in with it..ie faries, moon goddess, dancing skyclad in circles in the middle of the night
>>
>>18202597
How bad was it when you dated one? The chick i'm into isn't an emo landwhale but is into Wicca. Is it full blown autism to the degree that I should just not do it? I don't really know much about occultism other than dipping my toes into Hermetics, so I can't determine for myself if it's completely retarded.
>>
Neo-paganism for kids and young adults who aren't edgy enough for atheism or satanism. Bored middle aged women get attracted to it too. You can blame the media for it (movies, tv shows, books, etc).
Feminists are also into it because of the new-age "sacred feminine" concept of the 20th century.

Anyway, it's a gateway into the occult because it's simplified witchcraft and it's "pretty and clean", so it doesn't attract that much hardcore bible thumpers.
Practitioners either stay with it for a few years and drop it altogether, leaving occultism completely, or they research its origins and find out about the real sources (their systems, rituals, gods) that Wicca was based/syncretized from.
>>
edgy buffy wannabe obeasts who have jack skellington tattoos and think they can talk to wolves or some shit
>>
Real talk:

90% of the Wicca you see today is just a bastardization of Gardner's own little cult, which was itself a bastardization, but typical of the time/stream from which it originated.

As an example, Gardner's Wica (not a misspelling) honored a Lord and Lady in their rituals, but they used those terms not for some nebulous "all gods/goddesses are, like, one, dude!" reason, but because they were never supposed to share the names of the gods they were actually honoring. Somehow, this got all twisted up in non-initiates' minds, and, combined with some basic Hermeticism, became the aforementioned "Lord and Lady" duotheism->monotheism concept. From there, it wasn't a large leap to the common "muh Goddess!" shit that's so prevalent now.

Tl,dr: Wicca is what happens when there are people who aren't cool enough to join the kids doing weird shit out in the woods, so they just make up their own weird shit to do in the woods without doing any homework.
>>
nature worship, fat chick's with black hair and Jack skellington tattoos fucking trees and rabbits and and their dogs and pretty much anything that moves
>>
Feminist scrapbooking for edgy soccer moms
>>
It's Hermetics and Voodoo streamlined and sanitized for hippies and liberals. Started by the 50s equivalent of your typical "male feminist" lesser hedge magic for neo pagans and people who want a cosmic moral code but are too special snowflake for mainstreaming Christian religions. Oh and ceremonial magic squished down into what I'll call Advanced wishing. As well as cherry picking everything that makes them feel comfy from every other tradition in existence.
>>
>>18202052
Nothing to be redpilled about, just bunch of young, silly, naive girls pretending to be elven priests with strong feministic vibe. A fedora with tits.
>>
>>18202470
get a load of this ugly nerd

wicca was never good.
>>
# > manifest obsidion -( 124_421).oO·º°

{փ–º1º11º1¬Г|¯
ωεσρ51ძ10™මම;\:ÑŠ474и≠ר
}

# > all is much peace and doge is mighty he is peacefulest and beloved of all psifræni prefects. but doge respects MIGHTIER PRINCE LOSTUS on academic levelsS to a greater level.>>18202567
>>
File: fatWitch.jpg (51KB, 330x500px) Image search: [Google]
fatWitch.jpg
51KB, 330x500px
Every wiccan I've ever met is a sad hambeast.
>>
File: wiccan.jpg (44KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
wiccan.jpg
44KB, 360x360px
MUH GODDESS.
lololololololol
>>
>>18202052
It's the McDonalds of religious and spiritual practices.
>>
>>18202244
/thread
>>
>>18203832
Wow stop being a bitch any time now
>>
>>18204755
Can confirm
>>
File: spooky feminism reeeee.png (147KB, 1294x612px) Image search: [Google]
spooky feminism reeeee.png
147KB, 1294x612px
>>18202052
>>
>>18202628
>mythical "patriarchy"
It's not mythical. You just don't experience it because of your male privilege. Whether or not you care is a separate issue.
>>
>>18205549

>implying men are never treated badly, never become poor, never fail, never experience discrimination
>>
>>18202578
Retard
>>
>>18205549
This is a Wicca thread, not a conspiracy thread or a tumblr post.
>>
>>18205549
No, it's the idea of some gathering of old white dudes, sitting around a table, going on about how they're going to screw over women today. Like "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion", except somehow even more ridiculous. If there are any meetings, I certainly haven't been invited to any.
>>
>>18205549
men experience some aspects of patriarchy (like toxic masculinity) too you stupid liberal
>>
>>18202090
The best part is that it came from a guy that just wanted to get young girls naked and spank them, so he started a religion where most of the rituals contained just that
>>
>>18205549
Woah wait do you actually believe in this tin-foil-hat level bullshit?
Sorry to break this to you anon, but as a girl I've been living the easy life. Men are expected to work out and be active, I'm not; men are expected to stand if there's not enough chairs open, i'm not; at work (IT office) its the guys who are asked to do things, not me; men are told they're assholes for saying "but not all guys are rapists/killers/violent/etc" but if a girl says "not all girls go shoppping all the time/ like pink/ listen to Taylor Swift" they're praised for it even tho it's literally just their opinion. Girls can say "All men should die" but if a guy says "I fuckin hate women" he's harassed.

Get the fuck over yourself you damn snowflake.
>>
File: Naamloos-2.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>18202838
>wicca-pedia
>>
>>18205549
Nice bait I laughed!
>>
>>18202052
So what is this wicca shit all about? My cousins I'm really close with practice this stuff and it's really scary, they can do some crazy things. For example, one of them did this weird ritual thing on their ex boyfriend to make one of his family members die. A day or two later, his ex's grandma ended up dying of a heart attack. They also do this stuff called 'taroh', see ghosts, visions in dreams, it's really interesting. I don't understand it at all.
>>
>>18203830
this
>>
File: When_she's_done.png (411KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
When_she's_done.png
411KB, 1024x768px
>>18207834

At my old school we never practiced neo-paganism!
>>
>>18202532
hahahahaha

>magic powers

yeah I know, wrong board, but this cracks me up
>>
In this thread a bunch of retards try to explain Wicca from the one Google search they did.

Read Buckland if you want to learn more. Come to 4chan if you want stupid creepypasta shit.
>>
>>18202586
>as if spirits gave a shit what equipment you're packing

Actually, sex is very important when it comes to magic. Just in a completely different way than wiccans think.
>>
>>18202608

Kind of cherry picking and ignoring the comment that say its bullshit that stole from Hermetics to make it new age with a new age philosophy.

My complaint is it's too far removed from the source.
>>
>>18202878

It's basically dumbed down Hermetics with new age speech.

And for some reason, they switch the Fire Wand and Air Knife to Fire Knife and Air Wand.
>>
>>18202608
If you picked up "girls bad!" from that post, you're insecure as hell.
>>
>>18207732
Fair play.
>>
File: 1469341757310.jpg (193KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
1469341757310.jpg
193KB, 750x563px
>>18202052
It's a butchered mosaic of various neo pagan religions combined to give off an empowering vibe to feminist agendas.

It's the Taco Bell of pagan religions, laughably inauthentic but tastes good to those with unrefined palettes
>>
2 words - energy balls

http://www.spellsofmagic.com/spells/spiritual_spells/energy_spells/4593/page.html
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.