[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

something fucking weird is happening. there's this place

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3

File: creepydog.jpg (48KB, 845x450px) Image search: [Google]
creepydog.jpg
48KB, 845x450px
something fucking weird is happening.
there's this place near my house where i go and smoke, it's outside someone's house. they have a dog, and it almost always barks at me. he's barking at me from inside i can't see the dog and he can't see me.
i've found that whenever i ignore it and don't look towards its direction it keeps barking but the second i look towards the direction the sound is coming from and sort of "channel my energy" to it it stops barking instantly, there's no delay at all, i do it and it just shuts up.

anyone ever experience this before?
>>
>>18200619
to add, yes i get that dogs can pick up on scents and i might be emitting some smell that makes it bark but it's my ability to make it stop barking instantly that creeps me out.
>>
Why don't you believe?
>>
>>18200639
in what?
>>
>>18200619
You the dog can't see you?
>>
>>18200642

That it's normal.

If you have ever been around an intelligent dog for long enough, you know that there's something explainable by science about how they sense things.

Is it not easier to accept reality as it presents itself rather than trying to convince yourself that it's weird?
>>
>>18200657
the dog can't see me.
>>18200665
explained by science how? the dog is about 30-40m away from me behind a few walls.
can you tell me what to google at least?
>>
>>18200684

Sorry, meant to type "unexplainable".
>>
>>18200619
>there's this place near my house where i go and smoke
Has to sneak outside to smoke, underage detected
>>
Domesticated pets are some of the most spiritually enlightened beings that I have ever met.

It's all fun and games until your roommates cat turns out to be an accented master.

The dog can probably read minds, dawg.
>>
>>18200619
but how does it detect you in the first place?
>>
>>18200746
Magic. Duh.

Dogs can do magic. Dogs are generally better at magic than people, once they muster up through will.
>>
>>18200727
nah i don't like stinking my room up
>>18200746
idk it's like i can turn my fear switch on and off and the second i turn it on the dog starts barking and when i throw a look its way it just stops barking.
>>
>>18200619
Do you stand still when you "fire your energy"?
>>
>>18200766
completely still yes
>>
>>18200746
It can hear someone nearby.
Dogs have better hearing and parabolic hearing that allows them to not only discern there is a sound but the exact direction out comes from.
If he stands still as asked here, >>18200766 then I'd assume the simple explanation is the dog can't hear you as well if you aren't moving, thus it stops guarding its territory assuming he is gone.
>>
>dog must be paranormal
Nope it isn't their amazing hearing and sense of smell

>but how does it know that I turn? magic right?
It hears you
>>
>>18200769
OK, case closed >>18200779

It ain't magic, its hearing.
>>
>>18200761
ok, i was going to say either you are making eye contact without realizing it or
>>18200754
>Magic. Duh.
Telepathy, or a sort of spirit link in nature. I have some kind of link with nature, any prey animals i see in the wild seem to let me get closer to them than they should, predators don't ever get frightened by my appearance, can make insta bonds/trust from domesticated pets farm animals, use to stand in front of a bird feeder like a statue and watch them.
>>
>>18200788
No, seriously shut the fuck up.
The dog can hear him moving you retard.
>>
>>18200779
idk tho. after i "fire my energy" (lulz) it stops making noise. i'll try just not making noise and see what happens tho i do tend to pace.
>>
>>18200795
If you move pretty much at all, the dog will hear you
>>
>>18200795
Yeah, I figured you paced.
Yes, it stops making noise because it assumes you are gone.

It is barking to protect its territory and alert the pack of a threat. You are still so it assumes you are gone as it can no longer hear you.
>>
>>18200801
yea but what i'm saying is i continue pacing after i do it and it doesn't bark.
>>
>>18200816
So you walk outside, it barks, you stand still, it stops, you carry on to where you usually smoke?

Has the dog ever seen you smoke there?
>>
>>18200816
The dog might leave or be otherwise occupied. The dog can hear you move but you probably can't hear it
>>
>>18200793
depends if OP is loud in his process or not, dogs aren't like bats, you can sneak by them.
>>
>>18200819
yes i carry on pacing as i did before when it started barking.
only once when it came out with the owner but that was recent and it was barking way before that.
>>
>>18200823
You seriously underestimate how good a Dog's hearing is. God whistles aren't actually silent you know.
>>
File: 9829852.jpg (60KB, 540x627px) Image search: [Google]
9829852.jpg
60KB, 540x627px
>>18200834
>>
>>18200831
Combination of factors then.

It first hears you and can't identify you. So it barks.
You stand still, so it stops barking.
Afterwards ypou start walking to a place it knows a non threat has walked to before. It remembers you are not a threat.
Also, sound is faster than scent.
It hears you, before it smells you. Once it smells its YOU and not a threat, it will stop barking too.
>>
>>18200838
In this case, yes.

I'm a fucking dog breeder. Its my fucking likelihood to know these animals.
>>
>>18200841
but i continue to pace around the same place as i did when it started barking. why does it stop barking only after i stay still for a few seconds?
>>
>>18200876
I already explained.

It hears a threat.

You stand still.

It can't hear you as well, so is silent to listen out.

You keep moving, but by then it has been able to identify you as a non threat either by memory or smell.

Short of drawing a diagram, which I'm not willing to do, I can't explain it to you any clearer.
>>
>>18200881
okay that makes sense.
i forgot to mention something, when i did the energy thing, the dog's barks didn't necessarily stop instantly but it barked 1 maybe 2 more times in this way where it was like it was being silenced, like these really pathetic barks. seeing as you're a dog breeder, what does that mean?
>>
>>18200915
Uncertainty usually.
As in, its beginning to suspect you're safe but isn't yet sure.

Would you like to add in another part where you lift the dog with the force?
>>
>>18200922
Sometimes also protest barks at being disciplined.

We are forgetting another factor. Owners telling it to hush.
>>
>>18200795
>fire my energy
Dafuq are you smoking out there?
>>
>>18200922
haha thanks this helps
one more question. can dogs change their minds on a whim about whether someone is a threat or not?
>>
Are... What? Is this thread for real? "A dog barked at me."

What the fuck, /x/?
>>
>>18200922
Force pet
>>
>>18200936
Its pretty simple. If you act like a threat to them for the most part, they see you as a threat. They will smell you, see you and associate that smell and sight with threat. Though after centuries of domestication it takes a lot for most dogs to assume a familiar human is a threat.
>>
>>18200952
but how do they determine a threat from sound alone? how does my pacing threaten the dog, and if it's territorial shouldn't it continue barking since i continue pacing in the same area after staying still?
smell can't be relevant in terms of a threat if it stops barking instantly since i doubt my smell changes instantly.
>>
>>18200948
>/x/ - roleplay, /pol/ runoff, and "I literally don't know what goes on in other boards but I sure as heck won't find out" -OP probably

>>18200973
That varies from dog to dog based on things like breed and upbringing but it mostly goes "sound? -> threat detected -> bark" until they realize that it's a familiar sound. Note that familiar doesn't mean positive.

Also >>>/an/ exists you big nerd
>>
>>18200973
They determine threat by action and familiarity.
If you sound like something they associate with threat, smell like a threatening thing they know or look like it, you are a threat until action proves otherwise.

It threatens the dog because it hears a sound it can't identify, it needs further information, eg smell or sight or even remembering this happens quite frequently.

No one but you is saying there is a change in smell or that smell travel is instant and you seem determined to misunderstand in the vain hope you have magic powers over a dog.

Nothing you have explained can't be rationalised by the dogs senses as I have tried repeatedly to explain.

But if you really want to go on thinking you have psychic dog powers, hey man, I can't stop you. Literally I can't stop you, because your desire to feel magic overrides any fact I can give.

If you ever figure out how to train your magic powers to affect fur color, you can make a killing with rarer Labrador variants. People love a silver or red lab.
>>
>>18200998
i just don't understand how the initial threatening sound (pacing) can become non-threatening by me not making sound for a few seconds.
>>
>>18201015
Then frankly you are a fucking moron because I have explained three or four times now.

Later days, Doggymancer.
>>
>>18201027
but your explanation doesn't explain why the dog decides within the span of a few seconds of silence that the threatening sound is no longer threatening.
>>
File: 43647622.jpg (125KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
43647622.jpg
125KB, 500x375px
>>18201047
It does, you are just too stupid to follow a logical progression of events and determined to convince yourself you have magic powers over a dog.
>>
>>18200619
Dogs can smell you from afar halfwit
>>
>>18201063
Don't bother.
>>
>>18201052
>You keep moving, but by then it has been able to identify you as a non threat either by memory or smell.
that's your explanation.
memory? memory of what, me? the dude that he views as a threat and keeps barking at? memory of the sound? the nonthreatening silence followed by my alpha male territorial pacing?
smell? my scent changes from threatening to nonthreatening and reaches the dog behind walls in the span of a tenth of a second?
i'm not reaching for a paranormal conclusion but your explanation is pathetic.
>>
>>18201083
Are you retarded?
>>
>>18201083
If that gibberish was my explanation, you would be right. But that's your misinterpretation, either willingly choosing to get it wrong or being too stupid to understand.
>>
>>18201097
you're saying the dog decided i was now a non-threat because i was silent for 2-3 seconds but continued pacing as loudly as before, then accounting it to memory and/or smell without explaining how it works. not that i'm surprised at your inability to explain how it works because that's some retarded reasoning.
>>
>>18201118
I'd ask that you reread my posts more carefully but I don't think it will make any difference.

You are either willingly choosing to get it wrong or you are too stupid to understand.
>>
>>18201125
You didn't go in-depth on how canine decision-making skills develop and function, so you're the stupid one. That's how I'm interpreting it, at least.
>>
>>18201125
you can keep saying your explanation is adequate but it's not.
>>18201131 this guy gets what i'm saying.
>>
Thanks for the cringe OP.

Retard.
>>
>>18201131
You are either willingly choosing to get it wrong or you are too stupid to understand. Now you're arguing that because I'm not a canine neuroscientist that I must be wrong.

Actually, No. I can see you've seen through me.

I'm really a member of the Department Of Genetic Emergencies. This thread was reported to us from the FBI who control the servers here.

It's obvious to us that you are exhibiting stage 2 Caninekinesis. We have kept you talking long enough and it is now only a matter of time before our liquidator squadrons come to destroy you and gather your genetic material for further study.

I'd suggest you run, but its already too late.

Goodbye subject K-9, I hope your harvested genetic material will serve our interests. The ability to silence dogs with our minds will surely make the illuminated masters even more powerful.
>>
>>18201154
I'm not OP, I'm just struggling to understand why she doesn't understand your explanations.
>>
>>18201154
wasn't even that guy.
but you're too stupid to see how your explanation is retarded as fuck but keep saying it's not and maybe you'll believe it too.
it's like claiming the earth is flat just because you can't see the curvature from the ground of the beach. "You are either willingly choosing to get it wrong or you are too stupid to understand."
keep being a proud retard tho.
>>
>>18201174
>>18201176
You are of course correct.

Caninekinesis is very powerful, very valuable and the only explanation for this phenomena.
>>
>>18201187
Dog training is very easy when you put your mind in it.
>>
>>18201191
I see what you did there.
>>
>>18200737

good comment
>>
>>18200619
wow
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.