[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unsolved Crimes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

File: Asha Degree case.jpg (53KB, 632x355px) Image search: [Google]
Asha Degree case.jpg
53KB, 632x355px
Hello, /x/. Let's have a thread about unsolved crimes, especially murders and/or disappearances. Bonus points for those that can be considered 'odd' or particularly disturbing/unsettling.

I'll start with one that catches my interest, the Disappearance of Asha Degree:
>On the Tuesday morning of Feb. 15, 2000, the parents of Asha Degree (9), found that she was not in her room, nor anywhere in the house
>Asha Degree shared a room with her brother; however, when questioned, he claimed that he had not seen her leave - he only recalled that the two of them had gone to bed at around the same time
>She was last seen by her parents at around 2:30 at night; the father testified that he had seen her lying in her bed - seemingly asleep - before going to bed himself
>Witnesses reported seeing a girl matching Asha Degree's description walking alone on a nearby highway at around 4 in the morning; one witness said that he had tried to turn his car around, since he had considered it highly suspicious that a such a small child should be in such a desolate area at at that time - he claimed that upon trying to turn, the child darted into the forest
>3 days later, the girl's hair bow and some of her school supplies were found about 1 mile away from her home
>There were no more clues until a year and was half later, when her book bag (containing books and other items of hers)was discovered in a toolshed - wrapped in plastic - about 26 miles away from her home
>Forensic tests were run on these items, though the results were never disclosed
>The authorities were never able to establish a list of suspects, and the case was never solved; Asha Degree was never found, and is presumed dead.
>>
>>18191663
I read this one too.
We have a missing persons thread btw.
>>18183527
>>
File: Disney-Wonder.jpg (229KB, 1280x857px) Image search: [Google]
Disney-Wonder.jpg
229KB, 1280x857px
Disappearance of Rebecca Coriam, 2011:
>Rebecca Coriam was hired by Disney Cruise Lines as a youth worker in 2010, and was assigned to the cruise 'Disney Wonder'
>She maintained regular contact with her parents via Skype and Facebook, and was known to be familiar with the cruiser ship, since she had already completed one tour of duty on the same vessel before
>Her last message to her family occurred on March 21st, 2011 - this was the last time her family would hear from her
>She was reported missing on the 22nd, after missing the start of her shift; a cursory search of her quarters and employee areas proved fruitless, as did attempts to page her over the ship's PA system
>The last security camera footage of her was from the 22nd, showing her using a pay phone in the employee areas, appearing distraught, to the extent that someone stopped by and asked her if she was alright (in the footage, her mouth can clearly be read to be saying "Yeah, fine", after which she hangs up)
>Because the ship was registered in the Bahamas, it was a Bahamian detective who investigated the disappearance; Rebecca's parents - and other critics - have pointed out the initial investigation was inadequate and poorly handled, and allegations soon surfaced that they had been paid off by Disney
>A journalist from 'The Guardian' interviewed various employees on the ship undercover: a number of them admitted that "Disney knew more than it was letting on"
>The Disney Crusie line was also criticized over its supposed attempts at cover-up, due to its release of contradictory statements to the victim's family
>>
Yo, fuck my thread huh?
>>
Bump, I like reading these
>>
File: dca.jpg (30KB, 393x395px) Image search: [Google]
dca.jpg
30KB, 393x395px
>>18191663
That one Japanese girl who was tortured by two kids in the basement for like a year is pretty unsettling to me
>>18191675
Not OP, but this ain't no missing waifu thread
>>
>>18193343
Junko Furuta, sorry couldn't remember the name
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Junko_Furuta
>>
File: 7lZwLKc.jpg (85KB, 511x606px) Image search: [Google]
7lZwLKc.jpg
85KB, 511x606px
>>18193343
>>18193347
Here's a list of the shit they did to her. Not super /x/ worthy or paranormal in any way, but still pretty crazy

https://ripeace.wordpress.com/2012/09/14/the-murder-of-junko-furuta-44-days-of-hell/
>>
>>18193347
>>18193355
And IIRC her torturers only got about 5-7 years each, and neither the mother who was actively complicit in it nor any of the other people they invited to rape and torture poor Junko got any sort of punishment at all.

Plus there's that other case of that one Japanese guy killing and eating his (Dutch?) female room-mate, literally getting off completely scot-free (not even a day in prison or even any sort of fine), and then becoming a minor celebrity by doing interviews and writing books about it.

What the fuck is wrong with Japan?
>>
File: 1471353852871.png (463KB, 541x498px) Image search: [Google]
1471353852871.png
463KB, 541x498px
>>18193343
>unsolved
>>
File: davis.jpg (100KB, 322x479px) Image search: [Google]
davis.jpg
100KB, 322x479px
The Disappearance of J. Steward Davis:
>At the time of his disappearance, Davis was highly esteemed as well as successful family man, having risen from humble beginnings to a respected lawyer and campaign organizer
>On the morning of April 15, 1929, Davis went off to work, but never arrived
>His family was hesitant to report his disappearance, and it was only until the middle of May that his disappearance became known
>A subsequent investigation found that Davis had on the morning of April 15th brought a train ticket for New York and stayed for the night at a YMCA before checking out early in the morning of the 16th
>The investigators and his family and acquaintances were unable to explain his actions, and he was never heard from again
>>
>>18193370
Issei Sagawa was his name
>>
david paulides, missing 411, check that shit out.
>>
File: Безымянный.png (183KB, 435x568px) Image search: [Google]
Безымянный.png
183KB, 435x568px
>>18191663
Some may say she is still locked somewhere in kfc's basement
>>
In my town there was a guy called Walter Klankermeier. He practically owned all the nightlife there, bars, cinemas, dance clubs, brothels... Well, one day in 1982 he disappeared and months later his partially mummified body turned up in the woods. He was tortured and later shot, but wasn't robbed as he still had his Rolex on him. His clubs just closed down, the town banned prostitution and no real nightlife ever grew back. It's still completely dead.
The funniest part: A pastor's young daughter inherited all of his money. She claimed she hardly knew him and her father just said "Pecunia non olet".
>>
>>18191663
She was definitely abducted. Why else would the stuff she brought with her be buried in a plastic bag 26 miles away from where she was spotted?
>>
>>18193828
That settles it, Anon: you have to go solve the mystery!
>>
>>18193964
Abducted from her home with all family inside and no one noticing?
>>
>>18193978
I think she either ran away on her own and was grabbed from the side of the road or someone convinced her to "meet up."

Either way she's not in the area where she was last spotted.
>>
>>18193343
Why are they just posting shit you can get from wiki in a thread when one already exists and the two cases they list are for missing people.

Dumbass.
>>
>>18193984
I have a hard time believing she was convinced into "meeting up". However, I do agree with you in that she most likely was abducted during her 'run-away' attempt - maybe she ran into someone when she went into the woods?
>>
>>18193984
>>18194019

Running away doesn't really make sense to me. It was freezing cold and raining out that night, and yet she didn't take a jacket with her. Even if you're a kid, wouldn't you decide to take a jacket if you're running away and it's pouring rain out? Or stick it out one more night and decide to have your "adventure" a different night?

Now if you know you're going to be getting into someone's warm car...
>>
>>18194019
The only reason I say someone might have lured her away was because police said she didn't fit the typical profile of a run-away. She was too young (9 when almost all run aways are at least 12) and she didn't come from a dysfunctional family. It's probably more likely though, like you said, that it was just a crime of opportunity. Especially since the family didn't have a computer, which is almost invariably how these predators get in touch with their prey.

This story made me really sad. I have a younger brother who's the same age as her. I can't even comprehend something like that happening to him, I would lose it. So many sick fucks out there.
>>
>>18193370
reading all the shit they did to her makes my blood boil. if I were still stationed in japan, id probably try to find one of them and fucking murder him. the most shocking part of all this is other people knew this was going on and didnt lift a finger to help, not even call the cops. its shocking to know lots of things similar to this happening and nobody cares and just ignores it.
>>
>>18194041
This was back in 2000, think she met someone online and made plans?

I remember doing stuff like that when I was like 13/14; but I never followed thru.
>>
>>18194055
She could've used a computer at school and just because she doesn't fit what police think is a runaway doesn't mean she didn't.
>>
>>18194169
>>18194155
>>18194055

New details came out a few months ago where a witness saw her get into a car.

What OP's post seems a little confusing. News site says the hair bow was found in a barn 1 mile away, the backpack found 26 miles away was buried somewhere.

Sounds like she was either trying to hide/get shelter for the night and was abducted because someone saw the opportunity.
>>
>>18194252

forgot pic
>>
>>18194055
Maybe she was sleep walking. Thinking she was going to school. My little brother used to do it all the time between 5 and 10. Sleep walking and gets kidnapped is not too far fetched.
>>
>>18194311
Yeah but someone turned their car around and tried to go after her and that's when she ran into the woods.
Sounds like she only wanted to get in that specific car.
>>
File: 2014-09-04 23.20.23.jpg (597KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
2014-09-04 23.20.23.jpg
597KB, 2048x1536px
Monitoring this thread.
>>
>>18194380
Monitor the other one too
>>
>>18194252
I just read that info and yeah, it seems like she was definitely lured away.

So sad.
>>
>>18193347
>>18193355
I remember first reading about her and everything they did to her when I was 11. It fucked me up. It still horrifies me today.
>>
Look up CreepyNews on YouTube, he does all kinds of videos on cases like these. A lot of unsolved murders too.
>>
>http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/crime-law/body-found-in-water-in-dayton/nn8sM/

>Dayton Police have tested blood that was found on articles belonging to Craig Hill. Results from the lab tests show the blood in not human.

Nigga dies one year ago, and we still haven't any clue on what killed him.
>>
>>18193008
This one always fucks me up idek why
>>
>>18195460
Fuck off, shill

>>18197486
Because it's Disney?
>>
>>18193008
Two things make me hesitate to say it was suicide, which it honestly looks a lot like. The fact that her credit card was used two weeks after she disappeared. There's no way someone would murder someone, while on a cruise, to steal their credit card. And Disney obviously knowing more than they've revealed, with them apparently withholding the tape of the phone conversation and sending footage to the FBI, footage that has also been withheld.

Very suspicious.
>>
>>18198031
What do you make of the theory that she accidentally slipped over a low railing in the employees areas and fell into the sea?
>>
>>18193384
>Politically active black man of power disappears in the late 20s

I wonder what happened
>>
>>18198046
I would believe that except for, again, the credit card thing. Did someone steal her credit card after she fell over? Maybe, but that seems a little dubious to me. Also, what possible footage could Disney be withholding? Her falling over? It would be in Disney's best interest to release that and recuse themselves from blame.

I think she left the ship and I think another Disney employee helped her or was involved. I think her 545 phone call was about whatever it was that was about to happen. I think Disney doesn't know who the other employee is. I think Disney has withheld the call and the footage because it's a lot easier and better business for them to say "Your daughter fell/jumped overboard, sorry. Nothing we can do" Rather than "someone helped/ caused your daughter to disappear and we're going to have an investigation."

Idk, maybe I'm reading too much into it. In fact, I probably am. But I agree with her family that Disney has acted very strange for the simple story they're trying to push.
>>
>>18193384
That guy that wrote 12 Years a Slave also disappeared under mysterious circumstances.

>>18198046
I think this is a bit more reasonable, and Disney would have just as much reason to cover it up.
>>
>>18198094
>Her falling over? It would be in Disney's best interest to release that and recuse themselves from blame.
If they had an unsafe workplace they would be liable for it.
>>
>>18198100
Not for something like that. Someone falls over a railing on a cruise ship (which happens a LOT more than people realize) and pretty much the only way the company would be culpable is if they were thrown over or the railing broke.
>>
>>18198107
If the railing was unsafe for general conditions then they would be liable for it.
>>
>>18198195
What do you think happened to her credit card?
>>
>>18198208
Her card being stolen is the easiest solution here.
>>
>>18198232
Why do you think Disney has withheld the recording of the phone call?
>>
>>18198053
He went to the store for a pack of smokes.
>>
john jamelske lived down the road from me but that's not unsolved anymore
>>
>>18195460
to bad his accent is terrible to listen to fuck ranil
>>
[sjis] t e s t
>>
>>18198100
Not in this case. From what I understand, the railings were high enough to meet regulations, though they were lower than the other railings in the ship. Disney was still in compliance, and as such, not liable.
>>
>>18193384
So thats what happen to Black dads? They actually legitimately disappear?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.