[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hare Krsna General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (94KB, 456x591px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 456x591px
krishna.com

purebhakti.com

vedabase.com
>>
File: Krsna.jpg (119KB, 464x576px) Image search: [Google]
Krsna.jpg
119KB, 464x576px
Kṛṣṇa—this sound is transcendental. Kṛṣṇa means the highest pleasure. All of us, every living being, seeks pleasure. But we do not know how to seek pleasure perfectly. With a materialistic concept of life, we are frustrated at every step in satisfying our pleasure because we have no information regarding the real level on which to have real pleasure. For the last few weeks we have been learning that we are not this body; we are consciousness. Not exactly consciousness, for consciousness is actually the symptom of our real identity: we are pure soul, now merged within this material body. Modern material science lays no stress on this; therefore the scientists are sometimes misled in their understanding of spirit soul. But spirit soul is a fact, which anyone can understand by the presence of consciousness. Any child can understand that consciousness is the symptom of the spirit soul.
>>
>>18187325
Now the whole process we are trying to learn from the Bhagavad-gītā (The Song of God) is how to bring ourselves to this level of consciousness. And if we act from the level of consciousness, then we may not be pushed again into the level of this bodily conception; and, if we can continue on that level, if we can continue to act in pure consciousness, then, at the end of this body we shall be free from material contamination, our spiritual life will be revived, and the ultimate result will be that in our next life, after leaving this body, we shall have our full, eternal spiritual life. Spirit, as we have already discussed, is described as eternal.
>>
>>18187330
Even after the destruction of this body, consciousness is not destroyed. Rather, consciousness is transferred to another type of body and again makes us aware of the material conception of life. That is also described in the Bhagavad-gītā. At the time of death, if our consciousness is pure, we can be sure that our next life will not be material—our next life will be spiritual. If our consciousness is not pure at the point of death, then, after leaving this body, we shall have to take another material body. That is the process which is going on. That is Nature’s law.

http://prabhupadabooks.com/krop
>>
Shri Hairakhandi, Hairakhandi, Hairakhandi bol !
Ishvara sata chita ananda bol !
Shri Samba SadaShiva, Samba SadaShiva, Samba Sada
Shiva bol.

Palaka preraka jaga pati bol !
Jaya Jaya Hairakhana bihari,
Jaga kalyana hetu avatari !

Tuma hi ho mama Sadaguru deva
Alakha agochara Shiva mahadeva
Parama dayamaya hridaya tumharo
Sharana gata ko shigrah uvaro
Shri Hairakhandi . . . . . . . . . .
Kona so kashta munindra hai jaga mai
Dura no hoya daya se china mai ?

Bolata vachana sada bhayahari
Baba manasa fale tumhari
Mangala bhavana amangala Hari
Prabhu tere charana kamala balihari
Mridu bhashi muni parama udara
Bodha vakya hai gyana ko sara
Shri Haidakhandi . . . . . . . . . .
Satya sanatana dharma udara
Gyana nihita shuchi karma uchara
Sabahi svadharma shreyakara data
Dvesha ghrina nahin dharma kahata
>>
>>18187340
Hey, Ape! I've been hoping for an occult/magic general thread so you'd pop in. I respect your opinions on things. Would you mind reading this: >>18183901 >>18183903 and telling me who or what you think I saw?
>>
>>18187361
Sounds like dhyana pushing towards samadhi, if you were a touch more stabilized.

The vision sounds starkly Buddhist. At least in the first half. In the absence of a formal object of contemplation you could have been running through past lives and/or projecting in the astral. I'd have to get more info from the encounter that you didn't actually do (gauging the entity's reactions to hexagrams and/or mantic formulae).

I'm not your guru and don't know the details but it sounds like you're on the right track if nothing else.
>>
>>18187386
Thanks! I seriously appreciate it.
>>
>>18187386

Hey anon you seem to know your stuff. I don't meditate that often (I should) but there was one experience that seriously shake me up.

It happened the only time I have meditated while high on weed. I remember seeing lots of strings made out lights of different color (mostly purple but also blue and white) forming an endless net (or carpet(?)) It was really vivid!)In this state I tried to move but I couldn't, took me a while to realize I was part of this net, everything was.

To this day I think the meaning of my vision was to show me that everything is connected, that in a way there is not individuality in the universe since we are all the universe... But that is just my guess and in would like to know your take in my vision.
>>
>>18187325
krsna seems like a superpowered schizophrenic.
>>
I'm reading the Bhagavad-Gita now.
Other readings I could do on hinduism?
I'm new on this.
>>
>the woman had never experienced fame before
>i was on a higher tier of dharma than she was

>hare krishna
>hare hare hare krishna

>I will not chant in tounges
>hare krishan

>"Now you go."

>be me
>be stitters
>be shutters
>be chanting in ancient tounges

>blind woman is listening
>blind woman has never heard the chanting all chuttered up before like that

>"You sound like you've had lifetimes of practice."
>>
>>18187784
He is the supreme psychopath.

>>18187787
Make sure it it the version by Srila Prabhupada or Srila Narayana Maharaja. Krsna: Reservoir of all Pleasure as captioned above is a great introductory booklet.
>>
>>18187800
schizophrenic
>>
>>18187322
>white with colored baby

cuck.
>>
>read Baghavad Gita As It Is with commentary by a holy figure
>commentary on the section about astral projection completely ignores the text and demands endless chanting

What a joke, as bad as christianity. Taking the wisdom of an enlightened being and just turning it into a cult for your own benefit.
>>
I haven't been lurking /x/ for quite a time, what is exactly this thread topic?
>>
File: 66970-57359.jpg (115KB, 528x700px) Image search: [Google]
66970-57359.jpg
115KB, 528x700px
>>18188059
Hello there, good sir. May I interest you in Saivism? We have dank bhang.
*tips trident*
>>
>>18188059
The benefit and potency of the mahamantra is described throughout the Vedic scriptures in the puranas and upanasads.

>>18188066
The practice of Bhakti Yoga, or developing pure love for God through spiritual endeavor.
>>
>>18188071
http://www.purebhakti.com/resources/ebooks-a-magazines-mainmenu-63/bhakti-books/english/28-siva-tattva/file.html
>>
Bhakti bump.

There's been a lot of reincarnation threads, recently. I'm here for a bit and can give Vaishnava perspectives on any questions. I'll also check back in after work if the thread is still up.
>>
>>18187322
Hare Krishna, at least where I live, is a cult of scam artists. This guy came up to me, handed me a copy of the Bhagavad Gita as a "free gift," then gave me another free book, telling me they just wanted to "make the world a better place" in those exact vague-ass words, then suddenly and quickly asked for a small donation of, "say, twenty dollars?"

This is a tactic for getting money off people. You act sincere and give them small gifts that seem slightly more expensive than they are (and I'm sure the books cost a total of $5 to print) and suddenly ask for an explicit amount of money as a donation, relying on their impulse to be kind to someone who's been kind to them, to get more money than they'd usually give, or even just a little money from someone who usually wouldn't give any.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I can respect that, but I'm not going to dedicate myself to a deity who's already gotten his followers to con me.
>>
>>18188071
Why do followers of the "left hand path" in Eastern traditions tend to follow the same deities as their "right hand path" counterparts, while in the West the LHP people are all Satanists and Sethians in contrast to the RHP people who worship the more "traditional" deities?
>>
>>18189586
Because the criteria for cultural transgression is different.

Here, a few shots of booze and kinky buttsex isn't exactly outside the perimeters of normality. At worst you need some gentle guidance. Meanwhile, pledging fealty to the legions of the Opposer is a pretty big deal to most people, still, even seculars get squicked out if there's any notion seriousness.

Moreover, the Western LHP is really it's own little adumbration. Any antinomian philosophy in the West already carried an ambiguous relationship with Satan, and the people looking for analogs here simply amplified it.

Finally...Vaishnavu really have a distaste for Saivites. Some provinces react to evidence of tantric practice the way the US reacts to evidence of satanic rituals in the woods. I've known aspirants who've gone to the subcontinent who were refused service from businesses for walking in with Saivite regalia.
>>
Hare Krisna OP.

Lived in a hk temple for a few weeks but coundn't handle waking up at 4am. Also no fun with grills.

Anyhow, I am still big fan of iskcon and give them donations and read books sometimes.
>>
>>18189631
That makes a lot of sense. Thanks! I've been reading Lords of the Left-Hand Path, haven't gotten to the western part yet but was really wondering that. That explains it perfectly.
>>
>>18187325
Dude. Materialism is the way to go. Are you thinking about consumerism? Two different things, bra.

>But spirit soul is a fact
And bra? Check yourself. Don't call things fact.

But to all interested: if this works for you, more power to ya.
>>
>>18189583
Don't confuse Gaudiya Vaishnavism with ISKCON. There is definitely extreme corruption and greed in the latter organization, but there are other, far more sincere organizations such as Gaudiya Math.
>>
>>18189653
Stop doing that, iskcon is a con job. It even has "con" in the name, those cheeky cunts.
>>
File: bgcover.jpg (62KB, 230x306px) Image search: [Google]
bgcover.jpg
62KB, 230x306px
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, the writer of Bhagavad-Gītā: As It Is, claims to have a direct linage.

Is his version radically different from the standard writings of the Bhagavad-Gita (more Krsna-conciousness orientated)?

I'm wondering since I was able to pick up a copy, but wondering if the commentary from the different translators would be wholly different?
>>
>>18190242
Prabhupada's translations and purports are based off of Bhaktivinode Thakur's writings and Madhvacarya's commentary. Here is a link to see the four commentaries of the founders of the Vaishnava lines of succession. You may compare as you wish.

http://www.bhagavad-gita.org/
>>
>>18190349
Much appreciated, thank you
>>
I don't see any problem with Iskcon.
>>
>>18190800
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Society_for_Krishna_Consciousness#Litigation
>>
>>18190800
ISKCON had serious problems and corruption in the 80s so it is reasonable to think remnants of this remain, they are highly evangelistic, and they are focused on Srila Prabhupada a bit extremely almost to the point of complete isolation from the rest of the Vaishnava community.

They have the same problems as any worldwide religious organization, but there is much good there, there are incredibly advanced devotees in ISKCON, and they have been exceptionally upfront about their problems and attempts to correct them.
>>
Glad to see the interest.

>All preachers will have to meet opponents, but they should not make them more inimical. They are already enemies, and if we talk with them harshly or impolitely their enmity will merely increase. We should therefore follow in the footsteps of Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu as far as possible and try to convince the opposition by quoting from the sastras and presenting the conclusion of the acaryas. It is in this way that we should try to defeat all the enemies of the Lord.
-Srila Prabhupada, Sri Caitanya Caritamrta Adi-Lila 7.99 purport
>>
I work at a place w all Hare Krisnas and they're fucking nuts. They're all vegan (as am I nbd) but they leave food at an altar and then throw it away when they're done "praying" (WOW so vegan) and use an excessive amount of Ajax bleach (non vegan tested on animals) and throw away CLOTH TOWELS instead of washing them because ordering new ones is cheaper than a cleaning service. TLDR: all fake spiritualists. Nobody would preach what they do and then behave like that. It's like watching someone who says they're bhuddist buy Starbucks and then play 10 hours of video games. Just hypocritical preachers hiding cultism.
>>
>>18187322
>that pic
So you Hare Krishnas are behind the clown sightings! But why?
>>
>>18195696
ISKCON does not advocate veganism. Krishna is a DAIRY farmboy who absolutely adores butter and milk sweets. Why would we EVER stop making them for Him?

>they leave food at an altar and then throw it away
If they do this, they are not properly performing Deity worship. That food is considered directly eaten by Krishna and is sacred. It should be either returned to the original stock of cooking, or distributed to people directly.

Not to mention you should NEVER be able to see this food until after it is offered to the Deity - so how do you know this is true?

Where is this place you work?
>>
>>18196714
Do you live in a temple or outside?
Do you have initiation or just regular fan?
>>
>>18197413
I live outside, and have not been initiated. You catch me right as I'm off, though. I'll check the thread later tonight if you have more questions.
>>
>>18197434
Have you not been initiated due to all the red tape in ISKCON? In Gaudiya Math harinam initiation is given relatively liberally, although Diksha is more serious (following regulative principles and chanting 16 rounds)
>>
>>18198535
I did not feel I was disciplined enough to be initiated. I could have had harinam initiation, but the person whom I believe is my guru is more strict than the GBC regulated minimum of one year of proper practice.
>>
So can I just go to my local temple and start serving or are they gonna ask me for money

I live in Miami, Fl
>>
>>18198780
There is a big Gaudiya Math temple in Alachua. Not sure how far it is from your home but they will definitely engage you in service. They are also not as money oriented as ISKCON.
>>
>>18198809
Gainesville is pretty far. Would have to relocate. Thanks.
>>
>>18198780
Yes to both. I haven't been to any temples in Florida, but I imagine if you tell them you have no money to give but would like to help out some other way they would have some suggestions. You would be certainly welcome to come attend the aratis and classes free of charge.

http://www.iskconmiami.org/

>>18198809
Alachua in general is a huge devotee city. Not certain why but a lot of ISKCON families decided to move there.
>>
>>18198834
Are you familiar with manah siksha by Ragunatha Das Goswami? Was recommended to me by my spiritual master. Definitely an enlivening piece. Might be interesting to discuss in a future thread.
>>
>>18198856
I am not. I found a link and will get to it. Thank you for bringing it up.

http://gosai.com/writings/sri-manah-siksa
http://www.krishnapath.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Sri-Manah-siksa-With-word-for-word-translation.pdf
>>
Ive learned some good stuff from this guy. His videos are simple and I like his demeanor.

Beauty Over Power

Advertising | Humanistic Slogans: https://youtu.be/eTn_Nfvz2FA
>>
^Bhakti Sudhir Goswami
>>
>>18198939
I am greatly enjoying his words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3PxHWUHsYU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IxPGVgBfuc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llk6B_cNKTs
>>
>>18199078
Happy to share.

If you're into stuff outside of 'Hinduism' I'd check out this dudes vids. Its a little off topic but I like to share these 2 guys videos when I can

Imnumen 61: RepCog, The Metonymic Web, Animals: https://youtu.be/BLYuJvNQI78
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.