[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What will happen after I die?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10

File: george-lennie-1.jpg (74KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
george-lennie-1.jpg
74KB, 853x480px
What will happen after I die?
>>
nobody knows
>>
You go to either 3 areas, heaven, hell, or /b/.
>>
Your brief and chaotic existence will alter permanently. However, the effects of your actions and interactions will echo throughout eternity, giving you a kind of immortality.
>>
File: 821d9bc0e4e041794cf08cd162d08c.jpg (21KB, 540x314px) Image search: [Google]
821d9bc0e4e041794cf08cd162d08c.jpg
21KB, 540x314px
>>18177208
>>
>>18177196

You'll be thrown in a ditch and left to rot.
>>
>>18177196
You get to take care of the rabbits.
>>
>>18177214
underrated

also worms, that is all.
>>
File: foodforthought.jpg (61KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
foodforthought.jpg
61KB, 640x400px
Nothing. The self-aware constantly changing pattern made of hormonal and electrical signals in the slab of grey matter called your brain will no longer be able to be maintained.
Write a love letter on notepad or word and save it to your computer. Now smash the hard-drive, melt it to slag and spread the ashes to the four winds. Where are those words? Did they go somewhere? The after life? No, they don't exist anymore. And neither will you.
>>
>>18177954
I almost feel sorry for this person.

>>18177196
You exist separately from your physical body. If you ever learn to Astral project and fly through walls and feel the texture doing so while retaining all cognitive abilities it is really life changing. You just utilize what your body has, it isn't "you". So that voice in your head is actually separate from the processes that work with your brain and body.

Though if you're knocked out or something you can still be stuck in a blacked out state unless you don't know how to separate yourself from your body, but most people experience astral projection by accident through this way.
>>
You enter into an intermediate state of existence where you either achieve Parinirvana or your ignorance of reality causes you to reincarnate into a world and body based on your karma.

If you want proof, look into either taking up death yoga or just drop LSD. Then you don't have to take my word for it, you can know it from direct experience. The LSD experience mimics the intermediate state exactly, only it's significantly shorter in duration lasting only hours instead of days.

The Tibetan Book of the Dead vividly describes the process of dying and the intermediate state extremely well, I wholeheartedly recommend it if you're interested in this stuff. It's possibly the most valuable text we have on the topic of death, yet it's so obscure. Additionally, it also perfectly describes an acid trip as well. Timothy Leary, the psychologist who introduced LSD to the masses in the 60s, even wrote a guide to LSD trips that was directly based off the Tibetan Book of the Dead called The Psychedelic Experience.
>>
>>18177196
Everything will go on as it always has, except you will be dead.
>>
>>18177196
Can you remember anything before you born?
Will you remember anything after you die?
No one does. Life is confusing and devoid of meaning. When you die, you may enter nothingness, but is that so bad?
>>
>>18177196
u gon git killt by lieutenant Dan
>>
File: fedora cringe 2.jpg (100KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
fedora cringe 2.jpg
100KB, 600x800px
>>18177954
>Purposely ignoring the doctrine of physical resurrection held by most world religions
>>
You can't experience nothingness. Nothing is the lack of reality, and reality always exist.

If I feel that I can no longer, isn't that still a feeling? I can't experience a state in which I can't experience anything. Whether we die and fall into an endless sleep or something, we still experience that

We have experienced things that never occured. Taje a wild imagination: imagine yourself having a Pokemon battle with Trump. That never happened or will happen, but it is registered in your mind as something. Your mind experienced something that has not occured, but it is "reality" because its in your mind. I'm using "reality" in a loose term, not in the "physically real" sense, but in the "it exists in the head" sense

There can't be a point where you shut down, as you have to be aware of what follows.

Another analogy that you can see, even though it may not make sense at first, is a computer. Take a laptop, smash it into a thousand pieces. The motherboard may be smashed, but you can recover the data. It still exists, it didn't disappear. I know that a computer is less complex than a human mind, but I'm arguing that information, including the information that makes up your consciousness, doesn't vanish. It still exists, as it cannot be non-existent.

Everything can exist and not exist at the same time. I exist in my desk, but don't exist in say Hawaii or the White House. But I feel that I exist in my desk. I can't vanish, as mt consciousness must be somewhere, while it can not exist at another place simultaneously, but it feels only its state of existence on where it is
>>
>>18178614
That's because there's no proof of it whatsoever. I could say that time will just start suddenly rewinding one day and it's just as "valid."

You're going to die and that's it. Get over it.
>>
>>18177196
You already did that's why you are here. That's what your personal heaven/hell looks like.
>>
>>18178849
Your "consciousness" is probably nothing more than a collection of electrical signals interpreted by the patterns in your brain. You are actually a macro-organism made up of billions of tiny organisms. They may live on, but the hive mind that you are can and probably will dissipate on death.

Is a painting still the same painting after you smudge all the paint around into different shapes than were originally on it? It's very likely the same thing with your mind.

Once the brain dies, the mind's framework in your physical brain will be ruptured and degrade into essential nutrients which in turn are absorbed by plant life and animals like worms and so on. Without the mind's frame, and without the electrical sparks that give consciousness, everything that you are will dissipate.

Probably. After all, who's to say there's not an unproven "soul" in all of us? Humans don't know everything. But there's still very little reason to stand in the "we have souls" crowd until you have some evidence beyond "some priest told me so".
>>
>>18178930
I argue that observation can't cease to exist because there is always information. There is no such thing as "no information", as far as I can see.

I don't know if I accept dualism in either comfort or sense, but I do suppose there is a non-physical consciousness.

You can argue that our mind is a product of neurons, just pure energy, but energy is not destroyed.

And I don't necessarily accept consciousness as a physical thing, as everything with enough energy would be conscious (for all you know, even the lightening in a storm has a personality).
>>
>>18178940
You're confusing the observer with the observed information. Information can exist without an observer, it just becomes meaningless data.

The raw energy in your mind is probably not you. It's the patterns your mind makes it into physically. So the law of energy not being created or destroyed doesn't mean anything to this argument.
>>
>>18178965
Observations aren't the same thing as information. Observations are the actions that the observer makes. An observer cannot stop making observations as there is always information. Like I said earlier, non-existence wouldn't be a game of "OK this time for real, this is your last observation" because non-existence, the state of not receiving information, cannot exist. I can't see the logic of observation and awareness ending when literally everything is information.
>>
You evolve.
>>
>>18177196
People will go through your stuff.
>>
>>18177196
You come back as a ghost and haunt /x/ by posting "What will happen after I die?" threads every day.
>>
>>18178979
>An observer cannot stop making observations

Yes they can, you stop observing logic every time you post.
>>
>>18179015
>WRONG
So you wrote the comebacks for Trumps last debate. You dissappointed us all.

Please try again after not ignoring everything else in my posts and consider using arguments.
>>
File: Fedora.png (139KB, 466x466px) Image search: [Google]
Fedora.png
139KB, 466x466px
>>18178859
>>
File: aXm8935xjU.jpg (97KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm8935xjU.jpg
97KB, 650x650px
>>18177196
/x/ will throw a party because there will be one less poster of "what happens when I die" threads.
>>
>>18178859
>/x/ - paranormal
Why exactly are you here?
>>
>>18177219
FUCK YEAH, I'M WORM SHIT, THIS IS AWESOME. MAYBE I'LL BECOME PART OF A TREE ONE DAY.
>Become a cancer cell
Nope jus cancur
>>
>>18177954
Consciousness is a weird thing. I always wondered if that final brain actvity isn't a finale as so much just a gateway to a shroom high that lasts forever. Or something like that.

If I die and there's more life and more conflict. I'm gonna laugh, if laughter still exists in this plain of existance
>>
>>18177196
I live like 30 mins away John Steinback's home town.
I remember reading Of Mice and Men in high school.
>>
>>18177196
"Nothing".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdzUxjbLo08
>>
>>18178859
>>>/lit/
>>
>>18177196
u ded
>>
>>18179219
I heard about this study that came out about chromosomes replicating after death. It's like when the brain and heart die, the rest of the body doesn't get the message for a few days.

So maybe OP can become a weird science zombie faggot when he dies. Instead of just a faggot.
>>
>>18179196
>this tired argument again
>>
>>18177196
maybe you never die and just see everyone you know die instead, then you forget who you were because the context of the life you've been leading is gone and you're "reborn" when you find new friends and forget your old "life"
>>
This man will tell,go to youtube type in tom cambell reincarnation,or go to (my big toe forum.com)
>>
File: 1474831319424.png (12KB, 401x401px) Image search: [Google]
1474831319424.png
12KB, 401x401px
>>
I don't know. You'll see when and if it happens.
>>
>>18177196
you go and tend to rabbits in a cabin in the middle of no where
>>
>>18177196
Nobody knows. Now stop making these threads.
>>
>>18177196

You'll probably rot.

Or be burned up and your ashes kept on the mantle.
>>
You get to meet jesus and his dad
>>
Something.

Just kidding
>>
>>18178614
do i see white socks

jesus christ
>>
>>18178849
Could get behind this. Is that buddhism?
>>
>>18177196
You know why the possibility of nothing happening in the after life is non-existent?

Think about this like a trip to the surgeon. You're being given something to make you fall unconscious. Before this chemical kicks in, you're still experiencing existence and memory but on a short term basis. Once you blackout and later wake up, you cannot and will not remember what lead up to being unconscious or being in a state of not existing (or at least not having knowledge of existing). Your long term memory overpowers what you were experiencing on the short term basis.

Applying this logic to life itself or consciousness, you wouldn't be experiencing life right now due to nothing happening after existing because there wouldn't be a point to having to experience it because there would be no conciousness later on to even be able to experience anything, equating our experiences to moot points.

>TL;DR Im a huge faggot
>>
>>18183271
sounds kind of circular. I also dont think memories play such a big role or that unconsciousnes is like dying or non-existing.
>>
You already know what will happen. :)
>>
>>18177196
For fuck's sake, people, we don't need multiple threads on the same subject. Check the catalog before you post.
>>
Ask yourself what its like to go to sleep and never wake up.
Now ask yourself what it was like to wake up without having gone to sleep.
>>
we will mourn you in the press. Then after a couple months we will discretely file a claim.
>>
>>18177196
Your dead body will be raped by homosexual necrophiliacs.
>>
>>18183484
oh and god heaven, party all that stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SzrYSYIK4Y
>>
>>18183490
What's the anime?
>>
>>18183271
what?
>>
>>18183501
its shit. dont bother
>>
>>18177196
universal recycling. Nothing that hasn't happened already. enjoy the ride senpai
>>
>>18177206
>hell
>/b/
Pick one
>>
File: o9o1605.jpg (18KB, 321x480px) Image search: [Google]
o9o1605.jpg
18KB, 321x480px
>>
>>18177196
well, don't you remember the time before you were born?
>>
>>18183586
This.
>>
>>18183219
Nah, budism is striving towards nothingness, the unimaginable non-existence. What is the sound of one hand clapping? What is there where's nothing?
>>
>>18178849
>>18178940
neat
Where can I read more about this?
>>
>>18177196

You go to a facility somewhat like a hospital crossed with a prison. You are held there on charges for the things you have done in your life.

You await trial along with all the countless others.

You will be sitting in that cell for a very long time. Everyone will.
>>
When you die, you wake up in a white room.
The floor is made out of clouds, the sky is bright blue and there's a weird ass old guy in a white cultist robe checking off names in a book.
You have two options, talk to the old man, and he'll interrogate you for hours on end about your "choices" in life.
Eventually, he'll get bored and just let you into his cultist room filled with his cultist friends who will ultimately rape you into submission.
...or...
You run up to him, punch him in the face as hard as you can, steal his book and shove it far into his ass.
You will become a God and take over a small planet filled with mindless minions that will worship you without question...
...except this was all a strong vivid hallucination brought on by abusing horse tranquilizers and it turns out you just stripped naked, smeared your face in shit, raped a homeless, and now screaming at ants that you're their God and will destroy them without question if they disobey you.
>>
>>18186256
Sounds like an interesting time. Hope you didn't actually get gang raped anon.

https://youtu.be/NSTx31dxmgA
>>
>>18177196
to what/who?
>>
>>18177196
>What will happen after I die?
Your family will probably either bury or cremate you.
>>
>>18185515
>What is the sound of one hand clapping?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6YSfEKMeC8
>>
>>18177196
you go to >>>/pol/
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.