[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magic for Beginners

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 7

File: magicorsomeshit.jpg (30KB, 313x307px) Image search: [Google]
magicorsomeshit.jpg
30KB, 313x307px
What would be the best kind of magic for a beginner to start of with? I'm open to almost any kind there is.

Any helpful links would be much appreciated
>>
This thread usually says chaos and sigil to this.

Other folks are going to say read up.

Second group is correct. Meditate, read up, work on your intuition and overall spiritual state.

Work on recognizing synchronicity and symbolism.

Start recording your dreams.

Read some of the occult library in another thread. There is a beginners section.

Pick up a tarot deck and play with it.
>>
>>18177319
I will definitely start reading up and try out tarot cards. Any good book that encompasses many types of magic you could recommend, so that I am not stuck with one school of thought? Are there any resources that can explain what different types of magick are like so I would be able to find a specific one to delve into?
>>
Bump please need links
>>
Play limited draft, maybe Standard.

Stop listening to 16 year old role players on /x/.

Get /fit/ get a good Job and make reality bend to your will through your actions, not by lighting your mom's Yankee candle and chanting like a retard.

You know I'm right even if you don't want to admit it.
>>
>>18176972
>What would be the best kind of magic for a beginner to start of with?

The kind to which you are most attracted.
>>
If you haven't done any preliminary mental training, I would suggest learning about the full extent of belief, faith and the power of dreams before you begin with any magic.

If you feel that you are proficient enough in the arts, however, and are just looking for something to get started with, I would suggest looking in to a bit of feng shui and taking it to the next level in terms of using it to manipulate your surrounding environment. This isn't necessarily magic, persay, but it will lead you along the right path. To be clear, though, how much about magic do you know?
>>
>>18179082
>I would suggest learning about the full extent of belief, faith and the power of dreams before you begin with any magic.

No obvious benefit, here. Faith is for plebs. Belief is only a tool.

>I would suggest looking in to a bit of feng shui

Mostly lame, New Age bullshit. Feng shui was a method of situating tombs in ancient China. Amazing how many 'practitioners' don't know that.
>>
Hoodoo and folk magic. It's cheap,easy and effective. Just don't make any bargains with anything until you've been at it for a bit.
>>
Start with mindandmagick's YouTube channel. Realize this will take years, but you need to do it right.
>>
>>18179082
Some bibliography would be nice. Are there books on faith itself?
>>
>>18179142
Coming from a longtime lurker (and personal skeptic), your mentality is absolute shit for any kind of magical system which has ever been lauded as functional. Belief and faith are always central to your success as an occultist, regardless of whatever system you're following. How exactly do you conceptualize your will changing the very fabric of reality, if your will itself doesn't believe it has that capacity. It seems like you're expecting a skyrim mage build. If you're serious about practicing magic, I would recommend reading a LOT more before you try anything.
>>
>>18180919
Are there any sites with good guides or good books you'd recommend to start out on? Also what books would you recommend that branch out into different types of magick?

>>18179158
Any sources you'd suggest to start me out?
>>
>>18177596
>Play limited draft, maybe Standard.

Maybe Pauper if you're on a budget.
>>
>>18180919
>your mentality is absolute shit for any kind of magical system which has ever been lauded as functional.

The vast majority of magical systems aren't functional and are no better than religious doctrines.

>How exactly do you conceptualize your will changing the very fabric of reality

You don't. If you're fiddling around with ideas in your head, visualizing, and engaging in self-narrative, you aren't doing magic, you're daydreaming.

Magick is an experience felt physically and emotionally. Thought-worship and fetishization is garbage.
>>
>>18176972

There is an insane amount of magical types and a
>shit ton of books

Ultimately, I dont think one type of magic is better for beginners than another
and telling someone to follow a particular path, without said person doing some due diligence, can be bad for all involved. knowing your background, beliefs, and boundaries would help though, without that knowledge:

>what I recommend
you should write a statement of intent, on paper, that says something like I commit to learning about occult/magic pathways and uncovering which path I shall follow. read it out loud.
>then
go to the mega library and mediafire libraries and browse through books like
>Francis Barrett's The Magnus
multiple volumes
and then pick out a few books from each topic that seems interesting. At the beginning, it would be a good idea to understand what each type is basically about, so grab a book or two from chaos, wiccan, hermetic, gnosis, ritual magic, etc. I have yet to find a definitive, well sorted book that explains this. maybe someone else has...

browse through the books at first, find things that sound interesting, save those books and go through them in more detail later. some will seem insane at first but will make more sense later.

>practice mediating
start now
>eat clean
>skill sets
compile basic practices from the different types of magic you've found, such as banishing rituals, invocations, potions, divination, etc and then dive into which type you are most attracted to.
>>
>>18179158
>>18181055
Don't start with hoodoo. Im a hoodoo practitioner and Im telling you it's not the best place to start.

It looks very simple on the surface, candles and gris gris, and honey jars, but it is not. And it is definitely not cheap. (maybe compared to ceremonial magick and pure metal planetary seals and shit).

Hoodoo can cause serious issues with superstitious behavior (more than you want), it can cost a LOT of money if youre not crafty enough to make, find, or grow your own ingredients (certain roots and curio can be pretty expensive, those gris gris bags you see on line for 25-50$ dont have a high profit margin, most of that is going into the creation, the hoodoo doesnt make a whole lot there).

The other reason is because hoodoo is extremely unstructured and sometimes downright contradictory. A beginner needs a bit of structure and guidance to begin understanding magical principles, hoodoo is a mess both in theory, practice, and in its social aspects which can be full of in-fighting and bullshit. You will eventually get to a point where you understand why hoodoo is the way it is, and why it does the things it does, but I wouldnt recommend it as a starting point or youre gonna end up with 100 dollars in herbs you dont know how to use, a bunch of crafting supplies a bunch of exploded novena candles and a bunch of fucking honey all over your kitchen table.

This is before we even begin discussing the socio-political issues of the practice, or how much of a role christianity has or should have in it, it's messy terrain.

If you're bound and determined, Id recommend starting with Harry Middleton Hyatt, and your own grandparents. Read everything that Hyatt collected in his big ol red book, and find out what weird little superstitious stuff your grandparents and their folks have done for generations, thatll be the start of a solid hoodoo practice.
>>
Im trying to get into Enochian Magics. anyone know anything about that?
>>
>>18182043
>Francis Barrett's The Magnus
>Indeed, the virtue of man's words are so great, that, when pronounced with a fervent constancy of the mind, they are able to subvert Nature, to cause earthquakes, storms, and tempests. I have, in the country, by only speaking a few words, and used some other things, caused terrible rains and claps of thunder.

>Rhubarb, on account of its violent antipathy to choler, wonderfully purges the same. Music is a well-known specific for curing the bite of a tarantula, or any venomous spider

/trash/
>>
>>18182168
>it's a neophyte gets into enochian and fucks his own shit up episode
>>
>>18182087
I should add, since who knows who is reading this... I recommend Hyatt because the work was very fundamental to most everyones understanding of hoodoo. It is arguably racist, short sighted, misses a lot of important information, did not vet the people who were contributing and can be super confusing, so it should be taken with a grain of salt, but then, thats hoodoo in general for you.
>>
Looking for knowledge from the egyptian mystery schools osiris/isis line not set thoths writings has been a huge help is there more?
>>
>>18176972
start by trying to cast a fireball and then you can move up yo the more advanced spells.
>>
>>18180919
>Belief and faith are always central to your success as an occultist

Nope. You're just a lurker with little, if any, experience. I've been practicing for decades.

>>18181743
>Magick is an experience felt physically and emotionally.

That's because you're not very good at it and have never seen substantive results.

>>18182168
>anyone know anything about that?

A lot. I'd recommend a firm grounding in a ceremonial magical practice before going anywhere near Enochian. When you're ready, the way will be made clear. Until then, you will only be led astray.
>>
magic isnt real dumb cunt
>>
>>18182782

It's more real than you are, actually.
>>
>>18182800
wow thats really fuckin deep bro you must be really magical and stronk
>>
>>18182782
>>
>>18182806
you got me good im sold
>>
>>18182805

What do you expect? You're a shallow guy.
>>
>>18182824
sweet observation there mate did you use magic to find the truth???
must be doin well for yourself
>>
>>18182824
for you
>>
lel

Babby's out of his depth.
>>
Okay, OP. You need to realize there are two main "parts" to magic.

>shaping oneself
>shaping the world

But the two objects of the magic, the self and everything else, are so tightly linked (indeed, some traditions would say the distinction is entirely artificial) that the two "parts" of magic are interrelated. Working on one will, if you do it right, certainly affect the other.

Anyone who tells you otherwise, whether they're a "ceremonial magician" looking to dismiss lack of observable results by saying that's not the point or a sorcerer claiming that all efforts to grow as a person through magic ritual are a distraction, is full of shit.

That said, there are many different forms of magic one can learn. Unfortunately, some of those in the so-called "Western Esoteric Tradition" focus on self-transformation to the exclusion of all else, making them essentially religions and nothing more. In fact, they do work for self-transformation to an extent, but it is hard to tell how much is due solely to the philosophical ideas and the effort itself, and how much is magic beyond that, because it is impossible for a person to know what magic they can do without trying to affect things which could clearly not just be their own perceptions.

On the other hand, just doing magic to get things you think you want will ultimately fail too, for three reasons:

1. You may be wrong about what you want if you haven't worked on developing and understanding yourself.
2. Changing yourself can in itself have a major effect on your life, both because you will experience it differently and because if you react differently, different things will happen.
3. Personal hang-ups can make magic less effective.

So it is important to work on both parts.

As far as what I actually CAN recommend, read Patrick Dunn's "Postmodern Magic." Do ALL the exercises. Then pick any tradition that appeals to you aesthetically and have fun with it.
>>
>>18182899
>whether they're a "ceremonial magician" looking to dismiss lack of observable results by saying that's not the point

Silly shit.

So, you don't actually know anything about magic?
>>
>>18182913
I'm not saying that all ceremonial magicians are like that. I put it in quotes because there ARE people like that, and I wanted to suggest that they aren't magicians at all.
>>
>>18182919
>I put it in quotes because there ARE people like that, and I wanted to suggest that they aren't magicians at all.

Well, no shit. It was silly and self-serving, especially since we have no reason to suspect that you are a magician, either. If you're not, then your opinion don't mean doodly squat.
>>
>>18182925
>It was silly and self-serving.
It was to make sure OP sees how both affecting oneself and affecting one's environment are interrelated. At the very least, being able to do the latter lets one know that the magic is working. I notice you didn't shit on my criticism of sorcerers who claim self-transformation is a distraction.

>especially since we have no reason to suspect that you are a magician, either.
It's an anonymous imageboard. Of course you have no reason to suspect anything particular about me at all.
>>
>>18182935
>At the very least, being able to do the latter lets one know that the magic is working.

Wat?

You know the the magic is working when you see the results you sought. FFS...

>Of course you have no reason to suspect anything particular about me at all.

I know that your knowledge of magic is limited. I know that doesn't prevent you from offering advice.
>>
hijacking thread
wanting a ceremonial cloak made from simple white cotton
I don't wanna google it since it seems very kkk esque
>>
>>18182983
Just add the keyword "magic" or "magick" to it so Google won't think you're a racist. Also, the KKK hood is like a mask. Wearing some shit like a Final Fantasy white mage won't make you look like a Klan member.
>>
>>18183141
I appreciate the vote of confidence
I'll see what I can turn up
>>
>>18182087
We must have had VERY different experiences starting out. I found very little infighting and had pretty warm and accepting teachers. As far as the superstitious people go that part is true. It's not something to let everybody around you know that you're into it. Hoodoo has gotten a bad rap over the years. And as far as the religious connection you also make a good point. That's why I would recommend trying to approach the more traditional side of things even as far as the "Voodoo" mindset. Ingredients cost me next to nothing and can be found without difficulty. (Dont buy pre made curios powders ect) living out in the middle of the swamp and being a pretty good gardener probably helped me out more than I'll let on. To be honest I've never had a touch of racism. While the community is mostly black folks, nobody has never given a rat's ass that I'm a white guy. While I've noticed a good bit of elitism in the "hermetic" type crowds. And sorting through the folklore and the tall tales in my opinion is actually a good thing. My teacher never really helped too much in that aspect and I'm grateful for it. Following the rabbit hole really gave me a better connection to the history of the practice and the individual histories of those who made it. While daunting for a newbie it's very satisfying.
>>
help me too
i wanna be Herry Portter
leviosa !
>>
>>18183213
>I found very little infighting
If you stick to one specific community or teacher, this isn't as much of a problem since theyll be working a similar system.

The problem comes when you start branching out and speaking to other hoodoos, just as an example, are we talking Appalachian granny type hoodoo or southern conjure hoodoo? Bible, or no bible? Strict tradition, or inventiveness is ok? Race issues? Rooted in europe or rooted in africa? Saints or no saints?
Since it is a decentralized method, it runs into these questions a lot, it can cause bickering.

>That's why I would recommend trying to approach the more traditional side of things even as far as the "Voodoo" mindset.
Case in point, if we're talking about new orleans style hoodoo and conjure, that's a very different practice from other locales, it has a lot of roots tied into voodoo even though they're not technically related. This is not the case in many other places, with roots elsewhere.

The only point I was making was that it can be VERY confusing to sort this shit out for a beginner.

>living out in the middle of the swamp and being a pretty good gardener...
Right, and if they don't live in a swamp and live in say... the desert... a lot of those traditional swamp conjure recipes using indigenous ingredients are going to be expensive or impossible, so it's important to understand the principles behind the working so you can substitute locally when possible. For a beginner it may not even be clear that substitution is ok.

>To be honest I've never had a touch of racism.
I never have either if Im being honest but I HAVE seen it, mostly people arguing about the racial origins of conjure traditions, and "appropriation" that kind of thing..

>While daunting for a newbie it's very satisfying.
This is the point I was making basically, it can be seriously daunting for several reasons which is why I dont consider it a good starting place.

Either way I appreciate the discussion and your input on it!
>>
>>18183520
Any time. With the schools of thought being so varied it's nice to find another practitioner who seems to get it. And for real I would have an awful time with supplies if I lived in Arizona.
>>
>>18183555
>And for real I would have an awful time with supplies if I lived in Arizona.
Funny you should mention Arizona, there's a lady by the name of Denise Alvorado (youve probably encountered her if you've done any research online) who is a well known practitioner of southern conjure who lives in Arizona. She's done some articles and stuff on "high desert hoodoo" incorporating local ingredients. She's got a good article up on tumbleweeds.

I am also from the american west/high desert and simple things like gator teeth, buckeyes, possum bones, and various swamp plants are scarce here... now we have badger teeth and racoon bones, mountain cat skulls, acorns and other stuff that serve as substitutes, but the point Im making is that without a background in WHY and HOW conjure works from a more technical standpoint, adapting it for locality is going to be a challenge for a novice. If a beginner doesnt know why to use a specific ingredient, theyll never be able to substitute.
>>
>>18177596
magickpractitionerfag here.

All Magick practitioners I know are entrepreneurs, university professors, engineers, physicists, doctors, famous musicians. All successful people.

Of course, stop following the roleplayers. Look for a serious initiatory order and you'll meet people like you, OP.

>Get /fit/ get a good Job and make reality bend to your will through your actions, not by lighting your mom's Yankee candle and chanting like a retard.

Do not be a mentally retarded who thinks that getting to the gym is a big deal. And to work minimum wage is your great achievement. Go find your full potential with the practice of Magick.
>>
>>18183681
>a serious initiatory order

lel
>>
>>18182779
>>Belief and faith are always central to your success as an occultist
>Nope. You're just a lurker with little, if any, experience. I've been practicing for decades.

Belief is of paramount importance as a tool. Faith is probably emotional blindness, but can be used as a tool. There are probably many people who perform magickal acts only through faith, without knowing what they do for sure. Many old quacks out there do wonders.

>>Magick is an experience felt physically and emotionally.
>That's because you're not very good at it and have never seen substantive results.

Don't be so extreme with the boy, emotional and physical experience is also part of the magical result. They are ancillary issues, but also happen. You know? They are not the main result but part of the process.

>>18182193
>>Francis Barrett's The Magnus
>/trash/
Nah, its old, but gold. Still I prefer the more original like the old Aggripa.
>>
>>18183770
>Belief is of paramount importance as a tool.

Indeed.

>Don't be so extreme with the boy

I don't think much is gained by lowering the bar.

>Still I prefer the more original like the old Aggripa.

Of course. Barrett included, The Heptameron, which is nice.
>>
oday I was meditating, trying to open my third eye. I experienced lights taking different shapes, including, briefly, a pink silhouette of Ganesha, but that went away after a short while, and I meditated for a while longer without experiencing anything out of the ordinary. When I stopped meditating, I felt drowsy, so I went to lie down. About twenty seconds passed between the end of my meditation and my lying down, as I was already in my bedroom.

The second I closed my eyes, I was staring at a gold crown with red in it, with a gold light emanating from it. It was far more vivid than anything I had seen while I was meditating. My view expanded and I saw that it was in the hand, which in turn was resting in the lap, of a man wearing loose yellow robes with an orange sash and a purple one, who was seated in a cross-legged position (possibly Lotus; it was hard to tell with the loose robes). When I looked up at his head, it was like a skull, with as bright a light coming from it as the crown. But then he had a human face and light brown hair, briefly, before being a skull again. It didn't feel like a lack of clarity in what I was seeing, but like an actual change being undergone, or like he was showing me both on purpose. I would expect to be frightened by this, but I wasn't at all. He seemed warm. Not necessarily in terms of temperature, but like when you say someone has a warm smile or demeanor.

(part 1/2)
>>
>>18183901
All of this was floating in empty space. I want to describe the background as purple, but I think that's just because I like purple and I feel the impulse to project that onto it. I don't think I noticed a color at all.

After that, I saw gray wings on him, and then it was just the crown, floating in the air, its light dimmed slightly but still present, winged silhouettes floating around the crown like they were dancing. At no point did the crown get further away or closer. It just sort of floated at a fixed point and other things changed.

Then my dog started scratching his ear, which made his collar jingle, and I lost my focus and it all went away, but suddenly I'm not tired at all.

This felt entirely different from any daydream I've ever had. I know I wasn't asleep, either. I have to go somewhere, so I glanced at my clock before lying down, and it all happened in the course of a couple minutes.

Despite the winged human(?), I didn't get a Judeo-Christian vibe at all.

Does any of what I've described sound like any particular entity or being of whom you're aware? Any advice on where I should look, or what the deal with the crown was?

Thank you very much.

(part 2/2)
>>
>>18181743
What would you recommend for an absolute beginner?
>>
>>18183901
>>18183901
Understand that our perception is very powerful, and when you seek to manipulate it you can get powerful results.

As an experiment, close your eyes and try staring at the center of your vision, into the blackness. Pretty soon you should start to see small shifting shapes, perhaps like a white sketch on a black background. It may shift between geometric shapes, objects, etc seemingly at random. Trying to control what it shifts into, and maintaining the shape is difficult, but possible, I find that a gear is easier than others, something about it being relatively simple as to focus on all at once, yet being distinct.

This is sort of like a waking dream, but there is feedback between what you see and what you imagine.

Now imagine this writ large and that's what you experienced. The "mental blackboard" that you experience when you visualize something in your head merged with your perception, and the profundity and your expectation of it created the experience you had.

Realizing that all these experiences are internal to one's self only allows even more power in exploring and manipulating them.
>>
>>18183610
All the desert Hoodoo is fascinating to me. It really drives home the idea of a particular thing rather than the physical item being important. I'll stop derailing. /x/ needs a Hoodoo thread.
>>
File: 1463910877131.jpg (50KB, 322x279px) Image search: [Google]
1463910877131.jpg
50KB, 322x279px
>mfw can read arabic
>mfw too scared to open that image

BISMALLAH BISMALLAH BISMALLAH
>>
Soon... Middle Pillar Ritual
Advisable to start from there?
>>
>>18184509
Don't waste your fucking time.
>>
>>18184512
And instead of that I should...
>>
>>18184519
Read the Bhagavad Gita As it Is. The best introduction to genuine spiritual practice.
>>
>>18184523
Thank you, better to ask before chanting some gibberish in Hebrew
>>
>>18176972
The Book of the Dead
>>
It's just a shame you read these threads expecting any kind of result, and all it ends up being is a bible study group.
>>
>>18184793
the bible is a good place to start too
>>
Ritual Magic Manual by David Griffin. If you want to go that route.
>>
>>18176972
>Soon... Middle Pillar Ritual
>Advisable to start from there?
Great starting point imho
>>
>>18183963

Why ask a moron?

Here:

https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

Start with the beginner's folder.
>>
>>18184509
>Soon... Middle Pillar Ritual

It will help with your practice of the Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram.

>>18185295

lel
>>
>>18184312
>/x/ needs a Hoodoo thread.
It's been tried and it didn't do very well in the past.
As for derailing at least were discussing the topic sort of.

> It really drives home the idea of a particular thing rather than the physical item being important.
I'm not sure I'm clear on what you mean by this. For me it's about the framework, not the specific item. Everything has its ashe, its energy, its "magic", not just things from the delta or africa. If you learn how those energies are identified in the delta and in africa or wherever, you can do it in your backyard too. It's just that it's not really been done up here very much, so we do what's always been done, we turn to traditional techniques and knowledge, we turn to other practitioners, witches, santeros, shamans, and then we kludge it together until it's working, same as it was done elsewhere. That can give it it's local flavor and interest. The problem for a novice is that all these traditional objects have power, they know, because they have been told so. In our case we need to understand why objects have power inherently, which is a more complex thing to understand.
>>
Hey, OP. Check this:

>>18186016
>>
>>18182087
This has been my experience. I do chaos magick because it is above all else cheap and because my most successful spell to date was when I was just reading the words not intending to cast the spell yet.

Which makes something occur to me: those movies where the people are just reading the words of the spellbook and accidentally cast the spell just got more credible in my eyes.

btw this thread is 100% better then /omg/ this should be the new magic general.
>>
>>18186901
>btw this thread is 100% better then /omg/ this should be the new magic general.
It basically is at the moment, since there is no /omg/ right now.
>>
>>18185987
>mega

30 pages in

Is Magic a mixture of mediation and The Secret shit? It looks like it.
>>
>>18187144
I'm reading Introduction_To_Magic btw
>>
>>18187144
meant meditation
>>
File: Kompas_Sofia.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Kompas_Sofia.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
Good luck navigating through the labyrinth, anyone who attempts to do so. The vast majority of magickal teachings are bogus. A sliver of truth is mired in belief, wishful thinking, the wild imaginings of The Guru which have no basis in reality. Most get hooked in some way or the other.

How do you start off in studying magick? You make a compass, navigation tools. You ask fundamental questions. How do I know? How can I determine truth from falsity? What is truth? Follow these questions with dogged persistence and diligence and you will be on your way. Ask yourself "How do I answer these questions, what are the possible ways?" and similar questions about questions.
>>
To all practitioners. I'm getting synchronicities at will, and I'm very worried about the fact that the mind can change reality.
I've had OCD before and to fight it, I tried so hard to tell me that whatever my thoughts were, they couldnt influence reality. I've now have proofs of the contrary.
Have you ever gone through this phase? Where you feel responsible of what you do or think because you can unwantingly create a bad manifestation or close a contraproducent deal with things out there just by ignorance or mistake?
Or maybe just feel responsible for all bad things surrounding you, knowing that you could have done a "ritual" for preventing it?
>>
>>18187144
Trying to find the "Truth" of how magic actually works is a mistake. Believe whatever works at the moment and then drop it the second it stops working.
>>18187208
It's all bullshit. But it's bullshit that works.
>2016
>not being into chaos magic
SHIGGITY DOO
>>
>>18187277
>Believe whatever works at the moment and then drop it the second it stops working.

This resonates with my Self. Thanks anon.
>>
File: schitzo.jpg (172KB, 700x539px) Image search: [Google]
schitzo.jpg
172KB, 700x539px
>>18187277
I wonder if you'll find your way out of the hole you are in. 4chan has a vortex of a very bad kind of magick, the kind that results in arrogance and delusions - magusitis as it is sometimes called, or power-drunkeness. One gets the illusory belief of power, which gives them a rush, a power high, which reinforces further practices, further highs, and deepening delusion. Belief as a drug, but there is a much more sinister component as well. Kek is the figurehead of this and a good example.

Kek not merely a drug, but a parasite. Part of what feeds into the power-high is Kek's supposed ability to affect others by replicating itself. Reproduce the meme and "memeing" happenings into reality - or so is claimed. A viral mechanism is inherent in how it is claimed to be effective: meme magick. This parasite latches onto the minds of the afflicted, manipulating their emotions and perceptions, dosing them with manic euphoria, captivating their attention. Around all of this, especially on /pol/, are powerful emotions: hate, anxiety, depression, lust to change sociopolitical reality, fear, paranoia. Here kek is not merely a virus, but a sleeve that fits over many other mind viruses, in symbiosis with them, increasing their reproductive fitness and thus its own.

This meta-virus was not made intentionally. It evolved over thousands of generations, competing with other memes, those with the most viral qualities reproduced. It did this in the context of spiritual illnesses, which selected which ones reproduced, deepening those ills. Eventually a combination of features merged into Kek.

And here we are, on the periphery of this maelstrom of the blackest magic, its influences tendriling out via the chaotic web of thought that encompasses humanity - the noosphere.

The compass is also an antivirus, it is building a spiritual immune system. Believing whatever works is the surest way for mental parasites to infect you.
>>
>>18187378
This memetic infection process can be thought of in spiritual terms as "being possessed."

Edutainment: https://vimeo.com/129609470
>>
>>18187378
>Kek
Sorry, did I ever mention Kek? I'm not into all that Kek bullshit at all.
>>
>>18187397
I was just talking about it to describe magickal threats and how similar mechanisms can make magick and belief consume you.
>>
>>18187405
Fair enough. I didn't mean to suggest not being careful, by the way. I think meditation is important and recklessness is a bad idea. I just also think that using belief as a tool can be useful with regards to wriggling one's mind free of cobwebs as well as looking at problems and such from different angles.
>>
>>18187378

Tell me about this spiritual immune system. What can be done to protect against this sort of thing?
>>
>>18187427

see: >>18187208
>>
File: Question_Mark_Block.png (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Question_Mark_Block.png
9KB, 200x200px
>>18187427
Also: http://kiriakakis.net/comics/mused/a-day-at-the-park
>>
>>18182759
>start by trying to cast a fireball and then you can move up yo the more advanced spells.

TFW you can only cast a shitty ice spell that's barely more effective than a snowball because you're only level 2.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gARS4F90wmw
>>
It helps if you get the arch mage robes. I would personally level restoration and destruction first.
>>
>>18176972

Start with card tricks and simple slight-of-hand. Practice is key. Once you get good at those and can impress your Mom's friends, then start working your way up to the more impressive street magic. Once you get a highly popular then suddenly crappy TV show, you'll know it's time to step up your game to David Copperfield Tier magic. Get good at that and have them book you in Vegas. Then you'll be one of the best magicians ever.

But first, pick a card... Any card...
>>
>>18188030
Copperfield was a fucking joke when I went to see him. His last trick was him jumping through a giant fan... Except there was a fucking screen in front of it the whole time so we could only see shadows.

Yeah sorry asshat not impressed by a shadow puppet show.
>>
>>18187253
Ok everyone, you know how in all those magic books you've been reading it says:
"madness is a very real threat when practicing magic, be careful."? This, this right here is what it's talking about.

Anon, you need to:
1. Calm the fuck down
2. Stop actively working your will and magic
3. meditate, like, a lot.
4. No, more.
5. Reassess your position.

The truth is you are simply not THAT big a part of your world anon, not every single thing that happens, happens for purpose, and it certainly didnt happen because you willed it, or didnt stop it. Thats not how anything works. You are unfortunately very aware of these changes so you blame yourself, but thats like the weatherman blaming themselves for a freak storm.

Calm down, re-center, meditate, relax, get back on the horse slowly once you've re-examined this shit.
>>
>>18188039

His show at the MGM on the Vegas Strip last year was pretty impressive. No gay fan jumping shadow puppet tricks at that show. All real magic like ITT.
>>
>>18188049
Maybe I saw him when he was in a shilling stump. Oh well.
>>
>>18188047

Will do. I'm already getting to a psychologist due to friend's pressure, but I know that the only real change in my mind has to be done by me (I can't really speak about magic with a psychologist, man). Your advice is very appreciated. I'm supposed to find some guidance about what to do on the very meditation? No books or whatsoever?
>>
>>18187144
>Is Magic a mixture of mediation and The Secret shit?

Nope.

>>18187208
>The vast majority of magickal teachings are bogus.

Now comes yet another sad loser...

>>18188030

That's about your speed. Best of luck with it.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.