[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /x/ I’m here to ask about something that I’ve been thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 13292591374_bf0427039f_o.jpg (1MB, 1000x1592px) Image search: [Google]
13292591374_bf0427039f_o.jpg
1MB, 1000x1592px
So /x/ I’m here to ask about something that I’ve been thinking for a while now.
It’s about the soul and phantoms/ghosts. You see for personal reasons I sorta think the soul is something which exists, and I also think ghosts are real too, however the contradiction about the soul and ghosts begins when I think about some diseases like Alzheimer and Dementia.
You probably know where I’m going with this, those diseases literally fuck up with the brain and thus with memories. Since the soul is “the incorporeal and immortal essence of a living being” how come those diseases can fuck up with the essence of a person, because when you have those diseases you are far from the person you were, some of your memories are gone and probably your personality will be affected too.
Now about the ghosts, let’s pretend ghosts are real, how come some ghosts are aware enough to haunt people or even being resent against some particular individuals?
If ghosts are actually real and are able to act like this without a brain, this means the soul is real, however then again if the soul is real how come mental diseases like Alzheimer and dementia are a thing? Do a person who has Alzheimer recover his memories once dead? They are gone forever? Is there a difference between die having Alzheimer or not having it?
And what about the animals and other living things? I heard that are ghost from animals too but not as many as ghosts from persons, why is this?

This whole thing for me makes no fucking sense whatsoever, the only logical explanation is that every single ghost case is fake, but truth be told I hardly doubt this is the case, however this is probably the only logical explanation that would make some sense in all this fucking nonsense.

What do you think?
>>
>>18157909
Your brain is just the conduit through which your soul is able to control your body. People who have wasting brain conditions just have weaker connections to their souls than average but even those of use with the strongest minds and bodies can only express a fraction of what our souls are.
>>
The brain is part of the physical body.
>>
>>18157909
There is no soul, no afterlife.
These conditions literally destroy you, the essence of you, the totality of you.
When the body dies, so does your personality, sentience, self, whatever you want to call it.

Oh, wait no... This is /x/...

Tulpas and AyyLmao Skellingtons.
>>
>>18157928
Yes but if you fuck up with the brain you are literally fucking with the person, you modify in some sort of way the brain and the person can lose memories, even the personality, in other words the essence of that person, so how come the soul can be a thing if the brain is so vital in a human and in animals?

>>18157937
Then what about the ghost cases, you think they are all fake? I don't think you are wrong thou so is probably hard to believe seeing how much videos and report of ghost cases there are, to think that all of those are fake or just a prank well, is hard to believe
>>
>>18157909
Imo those with those conditions have their souls elsewhere. Trauma can send a being into a deep state of unconsciousness. If a being will have a hard time letting go of themselves, then maybe they manifest states like these to help the process along. In my experience there is a lot that can sort of mess one up spiritually, it takes a lot of patience to see the process through. Sometimes a being may want to experience these things, sometimes you want to hide from something, sometimes its just confusion.

I have done some weird stuff while astral projecting, like looking into the mind of a cat, being with plants, etc. I have lost myself a couple times. One time I became a mouse, and forgot myself, another time I was a deer and experienced extreme fear for my life and soul as the terror of an animal can't be constrained by an advanced mind.

If you are sort of passing through a lot of dimensions of timespace, you may visit some of your other lives and quite easily mess them up. There's also dimensional disphoria which can be extremely disorienting like timetravel hundreds of thousands of years. Sometimes it makes one feel really torn apart and stretched out. The illusions of daily life seem to counteract these existential fears. Sometimes the soul and mind don't connect together, for me only about half of my mind is able to adequately connect. There are parts of me that I won't bring into the light, all sorts of reasons really. Have compassion for these people. A broken mind is very hard to put back together. Only powers of love wisdom, things of god can truly heal it. Humanity doesn't have the spiritual complexity to really address it on a spirit level, so we are left in the dark.
>>
>>18157948
The ghost issue and the soul issue is different.

You are creating a link between entirely separate phenomena in order to maintain a belief in the afterlife.

Cases of ghosts need to be assessed on a case by case basis. Asking for a blanket explanation for them all is a form of confirmation bias. You know that it cannot be answered neatly and easily, therefore it feeds your desire to believe in the neat and easy answer; Ghosts. In much the same way as you frame the question "they can't all be fake".

You're setting up a false binary. Either its all fake, or it's all ghosts. Utter nonsense.
>>
>>18157967
>Roleplaying
Shouldn't you be on /qst/?
>>
>>18157970
I'm tryong to find the most "logical" explanation possible, literally this:

If Ghost are real, therefore the soul is real
If mental illness like Alzheimer are real then the soul is not real because the being depends on the brain

Since mental illness is real the only question here is, are ghost actually real? Even I think there are real and I'm aware of the contradiction, but still.

And well literally if one case of ghost is real this would mean that every living thing has a soul, or what? Some living beings have souls and some don't, some cease to exist and some doesn't?
>>
>>18158006
Again, you're just falling back on assumptions to validate your beliefs.

All we can say without looking on a case by case basis is that some phenomena labelled as ghosts have physical effects in the world. The source of those effects are open to debate.

But if any one case of ghosts could be proven to be a spirit of a dead person, sure, it would shake the foundations of the world. Until that happens, you're just pointlessly speculating.
>>
>>18158029
>All we can say without looking on a case by case basis is that some phenomena labelled as ghosts have physical effects in the world. The source of those effects are open to debate.
>But if any one case of ghosts could be proven to be a spirit of a dead person, sure, it would shake the foundations of the world. Until that happens, you're just pointlessly speculating.

I think ghost are a thing because in the utter nonsense of all the paranormal thing surrounded about haunt houses and aparitions of things with human form, spirits of once living humans is probably the only explanation or the only one that makes more sense in this cases, because to think that those thinks happens for other reason well it's pretty unlikely, that or this force is a chaos force with no purpose whatsoever.

And thinking about it how com hospitals have not that many ghosts anyways? People die there all the time and yet there are not as many hospitals haunted by ghosts as it should if ghosts literally haunt the place in where died as a person.

Another incoherence in all this, then again if are ghosts or not, there is clearly something more about all this... I think...
>>
>>18158062
>The thing that makes the most sense in all cases is unproven its of the dead

Sure it is.

>Other reason

I'm going to try once more.

You want ONE explanation.

ere may be COUNTLESS SEPERATE EXPLANATIONS IN EACH CASE.

It is not;
Ghosts OR lolchaos
It's
Ghosts OR multiple separate explations for multiple separate events
>>
>>18157909
>those diseases literally fuck up with the brain and thus with memories. Since the soul is “the incorporeal and immortal essence of a living being” how come those diseases can fuck up with the essence of a person, because when you have those diseases you are far from the person you were, some of your memories are gone and probably your personality will be affected too.

The soul =/= the ego. Memories, the identifications you have with the body and things related to the body, every sense of self you get from the material - everything besides "i am" - is this false ego.

>how come some ghosts are aware enough to haunt people or even being resent against some particular individuals?
Which type of ghost? In the Vedas there are two types. One is punishment for certain heinous acts, such as suicide, which places a person in a subtle body (think astral, unable to act physically but still with mind, intelligence, and ego) until their allotted time of death. The other form of ghost is a species of life. A powerful, astral one. Think poltergeists. These beings can affect things physically.

>>18158006
None of this is logical.

>If Ghost are real, therefore the soul is real
Why? Why can't ghosts exist without the existence of souls? Why can't a consciousness existing after the cessation of life be caused by some as-yet-unknown material means?

>If mental illness like Alzheimer are real then the soul is not real because the being depends on the brain
Why? Every person here talking on the soul has declared the mind, memories, identity, etc. as NOT stemming from the soul.
>>
>>18157909
When you have a brain your thoughts are more concrete as they have a biological computer interpreting them into something more concrete, when you die your thoughts become less bounded by reality as you don't have a computer constantly interpreting your thoughts and feeding them back to you.

When someone has Alzheimer disease it is a problem with the brain, not the soul. The memories still exist in the soul, they just for some reason can't pass through the brain correctly, basically when you remember something your brain tries to interpret it and when it can't it returns a type of error message, making you believe you no longer have the memory. When they die there isn't that error feedback and you are able to remember it fine, but it might take a while for someone with Alzheimer's disease to remember things after they die because they aren't used to remembering things.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.