[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

File: piTeRev7.jpg (137KB, 1250x1169px) Image search: [Google]
piTeRev7.jpg
137KB, 1250x1169px
Can someone explain to me how Hell is realistically suppose to work?

So you basically get thrown into a lake of fire to burn in agony for all eternity, right? But after about 5 years (however many seconds) you will just become numb to the paint mentally and it will be like a second nature, right? that's why we have evil spirits and stuff that are immune to fire

I think after about 20 years the real killer will be boredom. Unless Hell isn't what we think it is
>>
What's that? The teachings of religion don't make sense?

WHO KNEW
>>
There's a part of Inferno where Dante says that it gets worse and worse throughout your time there so it's always the same level of torment.
>>
>>18155337
Well, you have a fair point.
So I quickly deviced a plan to add a couple of more years onto those.
Have hell be like heaven, then suddenly, you're in a pool of lava.
you're with your loved ones, eating Christmas dinner and in the blink of an eye they start screaming, clawing their eyes out in agony.
You're out, having a swim in a pleasant lake with your parents, your father tells you to swim over to him, once there he smiles and then proceeds to shove your head under the water, trying to drown you.

Having the rug pulled away under you like that all the time, infesting the place you crawl into during intense pain, that's bound to fuck you up sooner or later.

I thought that up fairly quickly, but if you're the devil and its your job to fuck with people for the rest of eternity, I would think that forks and lava swimming is reserved for days of boredom.
>>
But if your whole existence becomes torture and pleasure it's going to change you on a deep level to a point where it doesn't affect you anymore
>>
If you are not under guidance of the Holy Spirit, you are in hell right now. All allegory points to the same direction. You can choose leave hell at any time. But will your self allow it?
>>
>>18155347
this
>>
>>18155367
so moments of joy and happiness only exist to serve as counterpoint to suffering? This doesnt sound like a description of hell, it sounds like a description of life.
>>
>>18155400
DUN DUN DUUUUUUN
>>
>>18155400
>This doesnt sound like a description of hell, it sounds like a description of life.

What's the difference? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>18155400
Well it sure as hell ain't no heaven either mind you!

No but seriously I sorta feel like you quite unfairly boiled down my post to the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>18155409
>What's the difference?
I think that may be the question.

>>18155412
Im sorry I hurt your feelings by stating your case more succinctly. Please elaborate on how my statement was an unfair summary of your post. I thought it was fairly accurate.
>>
>>18155420
No need to be cheeky.
It's like telling the waitress to get you fluid when ordering something in a restaurant. Water, milk, wine, beer, cola. Yes, they are a fluids, this is true. Yet there's quite a bit of nuance between them. What I described wasn't something like fucking up on a test or whatever, but quite gruesome unreal situations. It was not "muh pleasure an pain."
>>
>>18155436
people in reality experience gruesome, unreal situations all the time, Im sure even you have experienced it. I think using subjective terms like "gruesome" or "unreal" does not serve your argument. What may be gruesome or unreal to you may be commonplace for someone else. And what you consider comfortable and normal may be agony for another.

So, let's assume that your premise about hell is correct, and that in fact, joy only serves as counterpoint to suffering to make the suffering that much more excruciating. Please explain in what way this is different than our everyday lives.
>>
>>18155337
This post is a perfect example of a certain misunderstanding that triggers me to no end.

Why do Protestants believe heaven and hell or God or whatever are real, tangible things?

Like, they believe when you go to hell your just in a big burny place and the real tangible physical devil approaches you and tortures you forever.

No, you're dead, youre just a spirit, the laws of everything we know no longer exist. You're not strapped to a rack and pulled apart slowly by Red Devils with wings.

Hell is a place so fucking evil it can't even be comprehended by human minds until it's seen. It's methods of torment aren't you being literally tortured, you don't know what it is, human minds can't even begin to imagine an inch of what it is, if I had to guess, it's probably a state of consciousness that's just pure incomprehendable suffering for eternity. Hell isnt a place, it's a spiritual state that your spirit enters once you die.

So if that answers you mythbusters-tier question about getting used to hell, it's like saying you'd get bored of heaven. You can't get bored of heaven, it exists beyond anything that's known, human nature doesn't even apply here, you wouldn't be in a physical form, you wouldn't roam around it like a tangible place.

The same goes for God, you know we don't believe he is literally a 20 foot tall bearded man on a golden throne, right?
>>
>>18155337
the problem is you're trying to comprehend/rationalize/explain something that (if real) is entirely out of our ability to grasp, as it does not adhere to the rules of our reality

if you can accept the concept of hell = "burn for all eternity", even though in our current reality that is impossible, flame will eventually eat all the energy/fuel available and die out. eventually you yourself would die and itd be done with, but tahts not the case. you continue to burn and experience it "forever"

the same applies to "youd get used to it right?", no, you wont.

also the idea of hell simply being "eternity on fire" is only one theory, and one of the nicer ones at that. there's various beliefs over what hell is.

My favorite is little nicky pineapple up hitlers ass hell
>>
>>18155367
good examples/ideas

to add to it - imagine every time a segment of torture is over you immediately forget it all. that way every single time you're in a nice comfy scenario you have absolutely no idea what kind of shits about to go down.

trapped in an endless cycle of pain and torture that you're not even aware of, it just never stops
>>
>>18155451
>you wouldn't roam around it like a tangible place.
But I want to,the idea of heaven just being some eternal bliss upsets me, I wanna play vidya with my friends for all eternity.
>>
>>18155462
Jesus Christ.....

Mate, heaven is the greatest thing you can ever experience, nothing will ever come close.

It's infinitely better than anything earthly.

If heaven is real, I guarantee you, it's better than playing video games.

Why does nobody understand that heaven is supposed to be a spiritual realm specifically designed by our creator to be the paramount of experience.

"LOLZ in my ideal heaven, you'd just play vidya and fuck bitches all day, while Jesus cheers me on lol"
>>
>>18155476
I'm not even christian and I share your frustration with this particular nearsightedness.
>>
>>18155476
>>18155485
My ideal Heaven is pretty much my life minus any responsibilities. I don't WANT a super special experience unlike any other, I want some fucking video games.
>>
>>18155337
These threads of hell and afterlife are making me really curious.
>>
>>18155497
you cannot, even for a moment, imagine anything that might be better than video games? Seriously?

Rapture? Eternal Bliss? Imagine the feeling of playing every video game that ever has been or ever will be, at once, for eternity and comprehending all of it for the rest of creation.

It's BETTER than that. Come on my man, if you're going to be religious at least be creative with it.
>>
>>18155497
Why?

Heaven is objectively better. It's designed to be that way. You remind me of that episode of spongebob, where he's entering all the characters dreams, and they're all living out their individual greatest fantasies, but Patrick is just riding one of those mechanical horses for kids you see outside shops, but the caveat is that it doesn't need money to run, and sponge bob is like "Patrick, this is the lamest dream ever"
>>
>>18155510
>>18155516
I'm easy to please and generally don't want anything more than enough. Video games for all eternity is enough Heaven for me, don't need to go any further.
>>
>>18155337
Have you ever gotten into s&m? Hell could actually be pretty great.
>>
>>18155526
You are completely missing the point.
>>
>>18155510
>Eternal Bliss?
This would get old really fast
>>
>>18155547
Oh I get the point, "every good feeling you could ever feel and more for all eternity", I just don't want that. Call me stupid, but I just want "Life: No Responsibilities Edition".
>>
File: iamthelaw.jpg (151KB, 1920x1080px)
iamthelaw.jpg
151KB, 1920x1080px
>>18155538
okay but what does s&m have to do with having an eternally burning tail, you quasi-furry fucking yifflord
>>
>>18155337
Hell is simply a world without the love of God.
>>
>>18155337
Hell isn't what you think it is also your body will be differently made so no endorphin are naturalizing to it.
>>
>>18155556
why is everyone in here so incapable of thinking past their own immediate refferences of experience and time? It wouldn't be boring because boredom requires a time frame, something begins, something ends, you wish for something else to begin, that's not how eternity works.
>>
>>18155562
You're stupid.

If heaven is a kind of joy that cannot be surpassed by anything, why would you want to have a heaven where you just play video games forever. It makes no sense.

Food analogy, brace yourself:

Imagine a wizard came to you and gave you a magic fruit that never goes off, and it regenerates so you can never eat it fully. This fruit is objectively the greatest tasting thing you will ever taste, it is the paramount of delicious foods, it's physically impossible to surpass in taste, texture and overall deliciousness.

But then you say, "no thanks, I'd like a never ending bag of skittles please, call me a simple guy, but I just like skittles"

That is how you sound.
>>
>>18155621
I share the same annoyance, see: >>18155451

IT WOULDNT GET FUCKING BORING BECAUSE HEAVEN ISNT A PHYSICAL PLACE AND DOESNY OBEY THE RULES OF EARTH AND REALITY, YOU UNIMAGINATIVE, DENSE MOTHERFUCKERS.
>>
>>18155568
Not in to furries. Just heavy sadomasochism.
>>
way i see it, there's a couple of things mentioned in like revelations and shit.
1) you be a not-dickwad and get to enjoy yourself for eternity with god, everyone's dad.
2) you dont believe in god, the smiting man, and you're on the business end of a cosmic boot. this is the "second death" mentioned once or twice, and basically means that you're not really experiencing anything.
3) you pissed off god, the gomorrah-fucker, and now you're being tortured for literally forever. i'm gonna go ahead and assume that, since god himself puts you there, he doesnt let your brain pussy out on that shit.

also, satan doesnt rule hell, he's in there for being a dumbass and for eternal damnation and stuff.
>>
>>18155367
Sounds like my dreams every night
>>
>>18155562
You are stupid. If the only things that give you pleasure in life are games than you have issues bigger than whats waiting you in the afterlife. Seriously, go outside and do something instead of staring at a screen before its too late.
>>18155688
He is blind. All he knows are video games. Do you think a person who had any other pleasures in life would choose to play games for an eternity?
>>
>>18155688
>>18155917
Where did I say only video games give me pleasure? That's just what I fucking want for Heaven, I don't give a shit about God's oh-so-great experience I want something to DO, to actually be doing something. I don't care how happy it could make me, I don't care how eye-opening it could be, give me what I fucking asked for or just erase me from existence.

Is it really beyond your comprehension that someone could be content without eternal bliss? That they don't NEED to have the feeling of a trillion orgasms at once forever? That for some reason, any reason, they just want what they already had?

Why is this so difficult for you to understand?
>>
>>18155979
>Is it really beyond your comprehension that someone could be content without eternal bliss?

Oh, oh! I know the proper Christian response to this!

Ahem... You're just saying that because you don't know what's good for you. God does. So just ignore what you feel is right and believe what I told you, okay?
>>
Hell is a nice place.

Esentally, Hell is a pocket dimension. Imagine it to be a matrix within the void (ie, vieled off through the 4th dimension and than back into the 3rd dimension on the other side of that 4th dimensional viel/wormhole.).

Hell is like a dream that people can share.
Except that it is SO REAL on the other side, that there are consiousnessess there indipendent from the reality of this dimension. Almost like an MMORPG, but with physics instead of the internet.

Hell has different rooms. Some rooms are nicer than others, and each demon with any decent ranking has their own room in Hell.

For example, other people have hallucinated to going to my room on hell through dreams and delusions. My room is very nice, but has kind of a hot/cold rain of sadness and angst thing going on. Because that part of Hell is kind of like if you skinned by etherial self and used the fleshings like wallpaper.
>>
>>18155979
>I want something to DO
there is no "do" it is eternity, there will be no past, and no future, there is only the everpresent current. There is no timeframe by which to gauge past and present. Without this time frame you cant "do" anything. It should also be noted that "wanting" is not something you would experience in this theoretical heaven either.

> I don't care how eye-opening...
It's not eye opening for fucks sake, its not a surprise or an insight, it is ETERNAL UNENDING BLISS, there is not, and cannot be, any earhly pleasure even remotely capable of matching it. Its literally impossible based on the theoretical model that its operating under.
I honestly can't believe you dont understand this.

>Is it really beyond your comprehension that someone could be content without eternal bliss?
Your problem here is you are confusing the word "bliss" with "feeling really happy" that is not what it means.

> a trillion orgasms at once forever?
orgasm? Are you fucking serious? thats not even the best joy on earth, let alone in heaven. Come on man.

>they just want what they already had?
This is *eternity* we are talking about here, you will have what you had, you will have everything you could have ever possibly had, you will have it all at once, for eternity, in a singular point of time and space that is nothing but bliss, forever.

>Why is this so difficult for you to understand?
Why is this so difficult for you to understand? The christian heaven has no temporal borders, there is no past or future, it is eternal, there is literally no way to compare it to any feeling ever felt by a living person. Even comparing it to physical reality is missing the point entirely.

Again I am not even christian, I dont even believe in heaven, but Im arguing it just because you are so far off the theological mark for what heaven is.
>>
>>18155337
best way to think about hell:

Ok, so god is infinite. Sin is removing god from yourself (look into the augustinian idea of sin as a privation of good).

Hell is what happens when you decide you want no part of god whatsoever...so you're continually trying to remove an infinite thing from yourself....but it's infinite, so it never ends, just like a shepard tone -- always getting worse, never ending.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzNzgsAE4F0

It's a "lake of fire" in that god, being the source of all things, is the source of energy in the universe. To remove him is to increase entropy in yourself -- fire is a rapid increase in entropy. it's a fitting metaphor.
>>
>>18156322
this may be the most convincingly scary version of "hell" Ive ever heard. It makes sense in a "you did this to yourself" way, and the concept of trying to exist outside of existence and failing eternally is just awful.
>>
You can really tell that the concept of Hell is completely fictional because it really does sound like the worst thing a person could imagine during early recorded history.

>"we need to think of a device to scare people into submission"
>"okay, how about a place where you're in pain, like a lot"
>"oooooh and there's fire!"
>"AND it lasts for all eternity!"

It's kind of amazing that it even took off on the first place. Like, believe in our good, benevolent God but it you don't he'll send you to a fiery eternal pit of agony?
>>
>>18155337
So you're dead, and therefore don't have your body or mind with you.
What the fuck makes you think you'll "get used to it"? By what process? You wouldn't "feel" the same way you feel when alive, so why would you assume you would just get used to it?
>>
>>18155412
I often feel like I might as well be in heaven on earth.
>>
>>18155337

Play Layers of Fear. That game is that man's personal hell.

Hell is not physical pain. It is mental. Regret and frustration and loneliness. You toil in isolation to accomplish what is most important to you, but every time you come close, your own failures and your own shortcomings cause you to fail and start over. Of course you'll start over. You were so close. Surely, you'll get it this time.

Everything you did wrong will stop you. All the pain you inflicted. All the sadness you created. It will all be directed toward you. And, you'll feel all of it. Not necessarily because of sympathy or empathy in you (though, that's also possible), but because of the irony of the situation.

And you'll never be numbed to that. Frustration never goes away. It's ironically human nature. We take frustration as a challenge. We rise up and try to overcome it. But, time and time again, you will realize that you were created to fail. That's how you ended up in hell in the first place.

THAT is hell. The constant reminder that your existence is beyond meaningless. It's counterproductive. You were born to fail. Everything would have been better off if you didn't exist. And, it prevents you from succeeding at what you want most.
>>
>>18156648
>inb4 dark souls reference
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 541x625px)
image.jpg
96KB, 541x625px
Any deity that would sent someone to be tortured for eternity, as a result of a finite lifetime, would be an evil deity.

Why would he set up a system where for example, some Pacific Islander who lived in the 3rd century and died at 20 is currently at this moment screaming in agony?
>>
>>18156763

You fool! It's like you WANT to spend eternity screaming in agony.
>>
>>18156781
Anon why do you say this?

I think there is something more to God and Jesus that we understand.., I would rather say that I doubt that people go to hell that easily and that If I know God (and I think that I do, sort of) that He and His Son ARE INDEED more loving than that

...this is just what I think
>>
What happens if you commit suicide, where do you go?
>>
>>18155979
>I don't care how eye-opening it could be, give me what I fucking asked for or just erase me from existence

Literally the logic of a spoilt child with comprehension problems

>>18156648
No, anon. While that particular scenario is hellish to a point, I'm pretty sure you're just describing Layers of Fear
>>
>>18155451
>Hell is a place so fucking evil it can't even be comprehended by human minds until it's seen

I would like to Point Out that psychological torture that i can't understand will make me Just Go ' meh' and nothing more.
>>
>>18156992
Canada
>>
>>18155359
Not Biblical
>>
>>18155337
Heaven is nothing but a great trip, and hell is a bad one, when you die your brain releases massive amounts of dmt , the same shit that makes you dream, you want to know more about what happens when you die look into dmt
>>
spongebob, food analogies, videogames, DMT, ignorance of virtuous pagans- What did I expect...
/x/-serious theologians only.
Go to church or at least read Revelation before basing your view of the afterlife on cartoons
>>
>>18155556
No, by definition boredom would not be possible in heaven. Heaven would be the best possible experience you can possibly comprehend. This includes a lack of boredom or "getting used to it". I don't understand you people.
>>
>>18157134
Fucking hell, there are some dumb retards in this thread. People who've never looked past the Simpsons in terms of what hell is like.

ITS NOT PSYCOLOGICAL TORTURE, ITS ETERNAL INCOMPREHENSIBLE SUFFERING ON A SPIRITUAL LEVEL. ITS NOT EARTH, ITS A SPIRITUAL REALM, ANYTHING ON EARTH PAILS IN COMPARISON TO THE SUFFERING THERE, YOU PHSYCALLY CANT GO "MEH" ITS HELL, ITS THE WORSE POSSIBLE THING THAT CAN EVER HAPPEN TO YOU, IT DOESNT PLAY BY EARTHS RULES, IT EXCEEDS THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF SUFFERING ANYTHING COULD EVER FEEL ON EARTH.

Also if you died now, you wouldn't go to hell, you'd go to purgatory and become a ghost, this is a misconception everyone has about Christianity. When Jesus returns and judgement day happens the spirits of everyone who has ever died are gathered and sorted into heaven and hell. At the moment only God, Mary the Angels and saints are in heaven.

T. Irish guy who trained to become a priest before all the scandals happened.
>>
>>18155688
Stop being an asshole. If that guys idea of heaven is eternal vidya, than that is heaven to him!

Just let the man enjoy his skittles!

Fuck off, you religious weirdo.
>>
>>18156417

Literally this
>>
>>18157566
>Eternal
Except in Revelations where it's mentioned that eventually after the tribulation hell and everything in it get's completely wiped out from existence.
>>
File: 1470109083619.jpg (36KB, 620x372px)
1470109083619.jpg
36KB, 620x372px
>>18157662
A-Are you okay anon?
>>
>>18155347
It's like they were all written that way on purpose and that there's an underlying message behind all of them that holds truth, but the words themselves have been contrived and misrepresented.
>>
>>18159529
>"it makes sense, but only if you interpret it with a superior intellect, like mine!"

Kys
>>
>>18155337
ALL BIEBER, ALL THE TIME, FOR ALL ETERNITY!

plus there's ants.
>>
>>18159602
Now, this is gonna contradict most Christians, but I'm pretty sure you have to take some of the Bible non-literally. Don't just be like "hey it says fire lake how generic" or "fuckin 7 days that's bullshit dawg" but actually think about it.
>>
>>18159615
i like bieber's music now tho

but yeah fuck ants
>>
>>18155556
I see what you're saying
>>18155621
>>18155699
I also see what you're saying.

But you know what it all sounds like?
>"Heaven? Aww fuck yea dude. Fucking livin forever and nothin bad happenin. Shit's tasty, just trust me. Like it's the best thing ever. Fucking gold roads n shit. Fuck yea."
>"Hell? Yeah. If you dont believe, fuck you. You no how fire burns you? Well yeah. That shit. Ten thousand fold. Fucking bad, mate. Follow the rules and shit and you wont end up there. Its the fucking worst. Trust me."
>>
challenge me (the strongest fighter on the planet) and I'll show you what hell is
>>
>>18155337
Protip youd never actually get used to it unless you were a zen buddha, nerve pain wouldn't stop because the nerves arnt being destroyed. Also i like to equate it more to that really anxious unverving feeling when your in pain but theres nothing you can do to strop it but wait(but for all eternity obviously)
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.