[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Astrolo-fags. How exactly do sets of stars billions of miles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: img-39.jpg (104KB, 973x615px) Image search: [Google]
img-39.jpg
104KB, 973x615px
Astrolo-fags.

How exactly do sets of stars billions of miles away effect you in any way?
>>
>>18151850
Magic
>>
>>18152140
Sounds like the logical explanation
>>
it has more to do with the location of the earth inside the solar system and in relation to the other planets than the light from the stars.
>>
>>18151850
tbqh I think astrology is just related to season
>>
>>18152347
No, see >>18152140
>>
>>18151850
Buttsex
>>
>>18151850
>billions of miles away
>>
>>18152725
I kek'd so hard when you pointed that out
fucking nice
>>
>>18152725
I wonder, do astrologers believe in triangles?
>>
I wonder how they first came up with the personilty traits for each sign. They just made it up and it stuck? How valid can that be?
>>
>>18151850
>>>18151850
>>billions of miles away

Not miles, light years idiots.
>>
I hope horoscope is real. Then there would be SOME kind of magic in this boring world.
>>
>>18152803
I still can't tell if the horoscope actually works or it's just some crappy coincidence
>>
>>18151850
We are all made of star dust, our fathers and mothers are the stars

duh
>>
>>18152790
Supposedly one of the fallen angels taught astrology to humanity iirc
>>
>How exactly do sets of stars billions of miles away effect you in any way?
They affect me because I think they're beautiful.
>>
Zodiac signs aren't even right because of the shifting of the Zodiac constellations over the past 3000 years due to a wobble in Earth's rotation.

You have to be dumb as a fucking brick to believe in such crap.
>>
>>18152803
The world isn't boring, you're boring.

>Endless amounts of literature.

>Endless amounts of art.

>Scientific and intellectual fields which provide thousands of lifetimes worth of fascination in each.

>All of philosophy.

>Hobbies and recreational activities

>Family and friends

>drugs

>sex

>music

>helping other people

>Vidya

>and so on

And you think the world is boring because sparkly magic shit don't real.

You are boring Q.E.D.
>>
>>18152725
>>18152799
1 ly = 5,878,499,810,000 miles
>>
Have studied astrolo to up my tarot game. It adds to symbolism and interpretation. Tarot in my mind is in honing and a using intuition. Which is still magic, but a lot more people believe in intuition. Sure helps to sound less crazy anyway.
>>
>>18152893
Go kill yourself. Magic is cool and it would definitely make the world even cooler. You knew what I meant but you chose act like a faggot anyways.
>>
>>18152893
>>
>>18152979
>stale shitpost from a boring person
>>
>>18151850
What if I told you stars aren't really stars and they are much closer to the planet earth than you think? What if I told you we live in a simulated reality and the scientists are part of a giant satanic conspiracy against humanity?
>>
>>18153171
I'd wonder why you claim they're much closer when you can measure the distance to stars and they're not closer than billions of miles.
>>
File: 1474401335547.jpg (26KB, 431x462px) Image search: [Google]
1474401335547.jpg
26KB, 431x462px
>>18152725
Fucking kek
>>
>>18151850
I've given up on trying to convince any one of magic or anything concerning occult.
>>18152933 Magic isn't as supernatural as it seems when you begin to practice forms of it. like tarot > is just A lot of symbolism that connects with/represents parts of our subconscious

But the world is full of skeptics that choose to stay ignorant rather than go out and find out these questions for themselves.
Take a look at Carl Jung's work
>>
>>18153321
>skeptics
>choose to stay ignorant
Nice contradiction there. Look, if it doesn't work in a controlled setting, it can be discarded as false. End of Story.
>>
File: KBOxw.jpg (75KB, 650x434px) Image search: [Google]
KBOxw.jpg
75KB, 650x434px
>>18151850
>gravity
>causality
>entropy
>they got you to ask this question
>>
>>18151850
>Astrolo-fags.
oh, nvm, thought you were asking everyone
>>
>>18152695
I agree with this. If astrology is actually telling us any truth, I don't think think it has so much to do with stars and planets holding magical power over us. It most likely would be the persons born under a certain sign were most likely exposed to similar environmental factors or even behavioral predisposition from the parents to conceive at a certain time of the year.

For environmental factors, there is still so much we do not understand specifically how differing temperatures, pressures, diet, daylight exposure, psychological effects of the seasons, hormone cycles within a year and within seasons, all could affect the development of the child, both before and after birth, and thus leading to tendencies for children born under a certain "sign" to hold vaguely similar personality traits. But that's is excluding the genetic factor, which I truly believe plays a vastly significant factor in personality trait predisposition. But again, there's always nature AND nurture
>>
>>18153171
I would call you a retard that cant explain his reasoning.
>>
>>18152879

they are about the seasons, anon. the seasons don't change.
>>
Preemptive disclaimer for poor English ahead. You have been warned. With that out of the way...

>>18153451
You can't exactly replicate historical facts, weather phenomena, earthquakes, or psychological problems, and yet, these are valid study fields.
>>18151850
That would be difficult to explain without a number of pages of text. A quick and dirty explanation for people without knowledge of magic, and more easier to digest for a scientific mind, is that there are five "dimensions" (a poor way to describe what magicians call levels, but whatever). Astrology studies the "currents of energy" in the astral "dimension" (hence the name) and how the planetary motions affect them.
The "higher" dimensions shape the stuff in lower dimensions. Astral is in the middle of the way. The currents in the astral level end producing effects in the physical level ("ordinary matter and energy") through this filtering process.
The currents studied by traditional astrology are the ones affected by the motion of the "planets" (in the original sense of the word, of objects that move in the sky against the background of "fixed stars"): Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Sun, Venus, Mercury, and Moon. So, they are in "our neighborhood"; energy from the Sun is essential for life on Earth, and the distance is not important in this case. The same is true for the astral currents.
What I wrote above probably won't make much sense because of Engrish written at 5AM of local time by a half awake person that needs to work later. At least I tried.
>>
File: The-Law-of-Causality-JM2.jpg (29KB, 475x250px) Image search: [Google]
The-Law-of-Causality-JM2.jpg
29KB, 475x250px
>>18152817
Coincidence is a human concept, everything happens because of things that happen before it.
>>
File: alchemical-sun-moon.jpg (2MB, 1364x1280px) Image search: [Google]
alchemical-sun-moon.jpg
2MB, 1364x1280px
>>18152958
How is magic not real nigga? Just delve deeper
>>
>>18153451
>Controlled setting
>Anything to do with reality
>Implying the average of 100 experiments is a real value
>2016
>Still unaware of the double slit experiment
>>
>>18152817
horoscopes are written in a way that they are right most of the times no matter who they are adressing.
That is the whole trick
>>
>>18152958
chemistry is cooler
also people can actually do it
>>
>>18151850

They don't, they're mere indicators of other things. Personally I believe there are cyclical changes in the body over the seasons related to the amount of sunlight, physical activity and what kinds of food has been available during history. This will effect how the baby grows during different stages of pregancy, being given different properties based on where in the yearly cycle the mother's body is during that month of the baby's development.

Correspondance with stars is just coincidental.
>>
The planets themselves don't do the do, but they are physical manifestations, allegories of forces that are omnipresent in our everyday lives.
Can't believe there are still people on /x/ who only think in terms of physical reality.
>>
>>18154335
didnt explain shit
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.