[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me /x/'s best horror films. I want to be fucking petrified,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14KB, 225x225px
Give me /x/'s best horror films.

I want to be fucking petrified, don't disappoint.
>>
>>18151638
Chucky.
Because Chuckyposting.
>>
Altered States
Jacobs Ladder
The Thing(1982)
Ringu
The Shining
>>
File: eh.png (2MB, 1565x802px) Image search: [Google]
eh.png
2MB, 1565x802px
>>18151664
Event Horizon
>>
>>18151638
Spoonfeeding requests threads should be an automatic Warn, especially since we have the same fucking topic practically every day.

Use the catalog, you newfag.
>>
>>18151638
The Shining [1980]
The Thing [1982]
The Blair Witch Project [1999]

Not strictly 'horror' but Signs [2002] is pretty good, after watching it a few times over the years I think it's more supernatural horror rather than a sci-fi. (Spoilers) Think of the aliens as demons and the film makes much more sense.
>>
>>18151682

> went out of your way to post your moany bitch opinion
>>
>>18151638
>>>18151638
>Chucky.
>Because Chuckyposting.

*cuck

>not even sure if I'm about to say the right name for the movie that I am talking about
Dawn of the Dead is the best movie in history. Or, well, whatever the movie is where, at the end, the guy's wife is transmuted into a goldfish that powers a computer. He is the last man on Earth (like I used to have nightmares about) and he dies sweetly, at the end of the universe.
>>
>>18151687
why does the word demons and aliens have to mean different things?
>>
>>18151700
Who's to say demons aren't aliens is what you mean?

That's a fair point.
>>
>>18151704
I mean, what makes you think that you can identify the two? How is it any different?
>>
>>18151771
One comes from outer space. One comes from Hell.
>>
>>18151664
>the Shining
This was not even remotely scary, it even has a happy ending. All he does is try to kill his ugly wife.
>>
>>18151848
Going by >>18151676 those two are one in the same.
>>
>>18151638
Im not much of a horror buff but i'll name a few i have seen that are ok.

The Rite
The Amittyville horror
Steven Kings IT
Silver Bullet
Pet Cemetery
Pandorum
Friday the 13th (Remake)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Texas Chainsaw Massacre TNG
The Devils Rejects
Joyride
Zodiac
Manhunter
Silence of the lambs
>>
Really enjoyed the babadook. Worth a watch.
>>
>>18151638
the changeling
woman in black (1989)
conjuring 1 & 2
the others
this >>18151676
St. ange (alt. house of voices)

this thread is full of great proposals as well. enjoy.
>>
>>18151929
Hell is other planets.
-jean paul sartre
>>
>>18151676
YES
>>
Most of the movies mentioned didn't scare me even as a child. Try harder, /x/. These are good movies, but not particularly scary.
>>
>>18152767
same
>>
>>18151638
Antichrist is good
>>
>>18151964
Scary, well written, and enjoyable af to watch
>>
Try the Korean horror, "White". I couldn't even finish it.
>>
>>18152827
no it isnt
>>
Oldboy
Noroi
>>
What did everyone think about It Follows? I liked the old style suspennse.
>>
>>18151638
Any asian horror film will literally fuck you up, trust me I tired a few old Jap films and it was a major fucking nope to me I couldn't sleep for a whole week ,I had my laptop, Tv, lights, radio and dogs up with me. Its worth a google just check them out even the Korean films too
>>
>>18152855
Oh yeah, babadook is top tier scary movie
>>
>>18153181
>>18152855
>>18151964
agreed for sure
>>
File: thisautistic.png (244KB, 264x351px) Image search: [Google]
thisautistic.png
244KB, 264x351px
>>18151931
>Silence of the lambs
wow
>>
>>18151688
Kill yourself.
>>
Basically j-horror scares me most. I'd recommend starting with noroi: the curse as it's free on youtube, then dark water, Pulse, Ringu, Rinne:Reincarnation, and A Tale of Two Sisters
>>
Depends whether you want to be legitimately scared or just have a little scary adventure.

For the former, you need to know something that personally bothers you - strangers, deformity, old age. Films I'd put under that category include Dans Ma Peau, Threads and Dogtooth.

Films I'd put in the latter are things like They Live, Zombi 2 and Tenebrae. I'd say most movies live in this category.

I've always thought the best horror movies blurred the lines, like The Thing, Burnt Offerings, The Wicker Man, or Mumsy, Nanny, Sonny & Girly.

Then there's sick shit like August Underground, Street Trash or Burning Moon which just want to gross you out. They can be entertaining but I don't consider them horror movies personally, not in the strict sense anyway.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.